Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 PM   #16  
it's always something

I'm getting ready to do one week of NS to write a review for the site. After my week of NS, I'll do a week of Jenny Craig, and a few other programs, then we'll write up a comparison type article. Which program tastes best, is more filling, compare costs, etc. My box came today, so I'm starting tomorrow (Friday). I chose my own meals, instead of choosing a package, since I'm a very picky eater, lol. I don't eat beef, and I prefer not to eat chicken, but I felt that I had to give some of the chicken dishes a try, to give a wider review. I'll be anxious to hear how you are all doing, too
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:15 PM   #17  

Height: 5'8

I am a picky eater too, and I have not been overly impressed by the taste of the food, but there are some things that I really like, and I am sticking to them. Overall, I feel neutral about the food- I don't LOVE it, but I don't hate it either.

I just finished my first month, and I lost 19 pounds, so I was very pleased. I do have a lot to lose, so I know that is not typical, and I have also been exercising 6x a week doing water aerobics and walking.

I'm interested in the results of your food study though- I've never read reviews based on taste for all the diets. That will be cool.
Rizeninme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #18  
it's always something

I can't say that I'm a happy camper so far. Some of the snacks are good, and the breakfast foods aren't bad. But all of the entrees leave a lot to be desired. I couldn't even eat the tuna casserole. I tried, but each bite got worse, and I gave up. I kid you not, even my dog wouldn't eat it.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #19  

Default few

Hello this is the end of my first week on NS and I've lost 2 pounds with no workout, I will start working out tomorrow so that I can lose 5 pounds a week, I wanted to see how much weight I can lose on the food alone and its not bad for a first week.... Today was my day off...About the food, its good, I have a few favorites so far of what I've tried this week

Breakfast= Blueberry muffins, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and the cereals..
Lunch= Chicken salad w/ toast, beef stroganoff, fettucini alfredo,
Dinner= orange beef with noodles, pizza, lasagna, and the tacos

All those taste great to me.. and Desserts are really good too..

Good luck
cesinesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:17 AM   #20  

Default Started NS today!

Hello All,
Started the NS program this morning! Just had the Mini Frosted Shredded Wheat, 4oz. of Soy milk and 4oz. of lite applesauce. So far so good! Having Pasta Parmesean for lunch. I'll post this evening to let everyone know how my day went. Oh yeah, drinking a lot of water, going to the ladies room every 10 minutes it seems!

Rose of Sharon
roseofsharonkb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #21  

Suzanne- LOL! I couldn't get the Tuna Casserole down either! (don't have a dog) That and the Chicken and Pasta in Cacciatore Sauce were the two that I could just not force myself to finish. But, I did try almost every entree (lunch and dinner) my first month, and out of everything, those were the only two I couldn't finish.

Rose of Sharon- Congratulations on your first Day!

Ceciness- I don't think losing 5 pounds a week is either realistic or healthy. I am averaging 2 pounds a week, except for my first two weeks, where I lost more. I don't mean to be negative, but I just don't want you to get discouraged and give up if you don't see the scale moving quick enough. I had 2 weeks where I only lost 1 pound, and that's with exercising 6x a week, and following the diet 100%- no cheating or days off. Make sure you take your measurements, because those weeks where I only lost a pound, I still saw a decrease in inches, so that was helpful to keep me motivated.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:38 PM   #22  

Red face Finished My First Day!

All:

Today I started my new life! Wish me courage and luck!

Breakfast: (Mini Shredded Wheat) w/ Soy milk was pretty good
Lunch: (Parmasean Past w/ Broccoli) Okay, but a little bland
Dinner: Pot Roast, Potatoes and Vegetables. Good, but very small
Dessert: Caramel corn

Total = 1207

Obviously the food isn't like eating my own cooking, but not too bad. I was pretty hungry by the time I sat down for dinner, (just finished) I think that it will get better over time after my stomach shrinks a bit. I really pulled out all the stops on my last hurrah weekend before starting, (nachos, tacos, went out for seafood) I'm curious about the Tuna Casserole now, to see if it is as bad as you guys say (I have 2 dogs ) I worked out for about 20 minutes trying to learn a new Aerobics DvD I bought, gotta start somewhere!

My Son came home this afternoon and made large bowl of popcorn! Yum! Hard to resist, but I did!

Hope all is well with everyone! Keep up the good work!

Sharon
roseofsharonkb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:52 PM   #23  

Sharon-

Congratulations on your first day!

Are you adding in snacks and extra veggies and fruit? I know for myself, I eat everything they say I should, and I am never hungry. I do try to eat every 3 hours though, and that really helps. But sometimes I can't even finish all my dinner because I get too full!
Old 02-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #24  
Goal: Lose 125lbs!

Talking

Hey ya'll...
I'm Cesarina's sister and I'm doing the program with her. Yesterday I weighed myself and have lost 3lbs since beginning the program on Jan.30th We did the first week without any exercise but I started exercising this week. Good job Sharon on resisting the popcorn:P I've had lots of temptations but I have not fallen...and I plan on keeping it that way My favorite food so far has been the LASAGNA I love pasta,so that's a no-brainer.I will be ordering more of it next time YUM! Anyway,keep up the good work ladies!
LovelyLatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #25  

Hey, Suzanne! Wait until you have a muffin for breakfast! LOL!
tallygal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #26  
it's always something

You mean the muffettes? Been there, done that, and it happened so fast that I barely remember the experience

My pizza was green
Old 02-07-2006, 08:54 PM   #27  

If anyone is interested, there is a NS old-timer that has several recipes that help to 'doctor' up some of the not-so-edible entrees.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:24 PM   #28  
Goal: Lose 125lbs!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallygal1
If anyone is interested, there is a NS old-timer that has several recipes that help to 'doctor' up some of the not-so-edible entrees.
I'm interested Please let me know Thanks!
LovelyLatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:10 PM   #29  

Exclamation

LovelyLatina! Check your PM's!
Old 02-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #30  

How is everyone doing???