Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #46  
Heidi

S/C/G: 305/246/160

Height: 5'7

My first month's kit arrived yesterday. So far I've tried the Savory Crisps, Cocomint Shake, Mocha Cream Shake, Spicy Cheese & Pasta, & Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Bar (I started midway yesterday). I like everything so far - the Savory Crisps are sort like Chex Mix - but a little too vinegary for my tastes. I'm not sure I would order them again, but I will finish the other 6 bags. I ordered variety packs of shakes and snack bars, because I wasn't sure what I would want, so I'll better know what I like/dislike for next months' order.

I've never done this before... I've done WW, and have lost over 50lbs. but majorly stalled when they changed to the new plan. I've been up and down the same two pounds since Christmas - and thought maybe this would help. So far, the food is good, so that really helps

Last edited by missheidi87; 09-08-2016 at 02:11 PM.
missheidi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #47  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

I started WonderSlim 12 days ago and love it!
I am on the Premium Plan and thoroughly enjoy the food.
I have gone from 172.2 to 159.8 and even factoring in pre start binge, I finally feel confident this plan will work for me.

I, too, ordered the 3 day plan to see if I liked it. My 1 month package arrived yesterday and am looking forward to all the new foods!

I would love to compare notes!

Joyce
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 02:46 AM   #48  
Heidi

I was stuck with a headache late last night through most of today. I drank some Powerade Zero, ate a few pickles, and neither helped, so I caved and tooked two Excedrin Migraine pills. It worked - but I'm hoping that the headache/nausea phase is short lived. I do like the food - the Spicy Cheese & Pasta is great, but I've read where some do not like the texture. I tried my shakes as puddings today, and that was great. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:47 PM   #49  
Jesus, I trust in You

missshields87~ I think the headaches are all part of the process. We are detoxing from sugar. It will get better!
Day 13 for me and I really am totally satisfied. I make 3 puddings up the night before. If I am going to be out and about, I just put one or more in a small cooler along with a fruit for the morning snack or the lunch entree already cooked. Plus if it is an all day away from home the bar or crunchers go with me, too. The one thing you don't want to do is be without your food and end up starving or eating something off plan.

Hang in there!!! We are strong and able!

Joyce
Old 09-11-2016, 01:59 AM   #50  
Heidi

No headache today, so yay! I had wondered about making the puddings up in the morning or the night before. I do know that I'm not reordering any snack bars - too sweet, and I would rather snack on something savory. But other than that... I'm doing okay
Old 09-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #51  

I am doing WonderSlim with some supplementation with other pre-packaged foods that hit the same metrics. This is mostly because I have Celiac disease, and Wonderslim doesn't offer enough different foods that fit the criteria. I don't want to spend my entire time eating puddings! I added some meals from Medifast and similar programs. It has only been a few days but it seems to be working.
adorkheathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #52  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome, adorkheathen!
Medifast has a new product line called Optavia, not sure if that would be more conducive to your situation. I have tried samples of all the new products - some good, some not.

I am glad you chimed in! It is so good to compare notes!

missheidi87, I am glad the headache has gone away. I agree with you about the bars - too sweet and this is coming from a confirmed sugar addict! I do however like the cookies for the last meal of the day. Not sweet and I like the texture..

I make 3 puddings up at night - easiest way I found was to use a one cup glass Anchor container with lid, pour pkt. in, then the 4 0z. water and use a small whisk!! I was using a spoon and couldn't get the lumps to dissolve. This process takes just a couple of minutes and you are set for the next day. I like the shakes with aspartame better than the none. I like all the flavors!!!

Day 14 for me and I feel in control! Remember, you are strong and able.

Joyce

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 09-11-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:21 AM   #53  
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkheathen View Post
I am doing WonderSlim with some supplementation with other pre-packaged foods that hit the same metrics. This is mostly because I have Celiac disease, and Wonderslim doesn't offer enough different foods that fit the criteria. I don't want to spend my entire time eating puddings! I added some meals from Medifast and similar programs. It has only been a few days but it seems to be working.
I second looking into Optavia. It's non-GMO... nothing weird. More of a "whole" approach to pre-packaged meals. Pricier, but they look good. I had ordered a few that are supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:23 AM   #54  
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
Welcome, adorkheathen!
Medifast has a new product line called Optavia, not sure if that would be more conducive to your situation. I have tried samples of all the new products - some good, some not.

I am glad you chimed in! It is so good to compare notes!

missheidi87, I am glad the headache has gone away. I agree with you about the bars - too sweet and this is coming from a confirmed sugar addict! I do however like the cookies for the last meal of the day. Not sweet and I like the texture..

I make 3 puddings up at night - easiest way I found was to use a one cup glass Anchor container with lid, pour pkt. in, then the 4 0z. water and use a small whisk!! I was using a spoon and couldn't get the lumps to dissolve. This process takes just a couple of minutes and you are set for the next day. I like the shakes with aspartame better than the none. I like all the flavors!!!

Day 14 for me and I feel in control! Remember, you are strong and able.

Joyce
Yup, I made up a few tonight for tomorrow. I need to buy another little whisk so I'm not having to wash the same one over and over.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:18 PM   #55  
Jesus, I trust in You

Day 15~

I was pleasantly surprised by the taste of the Vanilla Caramel Crisp bar...just right...not too sweet, very good vanilla flavor.

miss heidi~ Let me know what you think of the Optavia. I still have a few to try. We will compare notes after you tried all of yours.

adorkheathen ~ How are you doing today? Check in as time permits. It really does keep us accountable.

My mantra: I am strong and able!

Joyce
Old 09-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #56  
Jesus, I trust in You

How are my two WonderWomen doing? WonderSlim is the ticket.

Day 17 for me...just hanging in there, not worrying about the scale, just following the plan.

Being binge free allows your mind to explore so many other possibilities!

Being fixated on sugar blinds you to the finer things in life.

Mantra: I am strong and I am able.

Let me know how you are!

missheidi~ Did your Optavia arrive yet?

Joyce

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 09-14-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:31 PM   #57  
Jesus, I trust in You

Just wondering how everyone is doing? I stayed the same weight-wise this week, but that usually happens on the 3rd weigh in.
I am just keep on keeping on. I joined a few weight loss challenges. I encourage you to join the Halloween challenge! Not too late, there is a fantastic spreadsheet that you can access and fill in your own stats. "Chicks on a Challenge" is the name of the thread.

Chime in if you can!

Joyce
Old 09-19-2016, 01:12 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Well, it has been a couple years....but I am back . Started Wonderslim this morning. Hoping to get back on track and lose the 34 lbs I have regained. <sigh>.

Last time I was here, we had a great support system going. Hoping that will happen again.

I have to figure out how to correct my ticker at the bottom..it is definitely wrong

Last edited by irish51; 09-19-2016 at 01:15 PM. Reason: forgot to say something
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:31 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

fixed my signature

I am ready to get started
irish51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #60  
Jesus, I trust in You

Welcome irish51,
I am so glad to have some company! I started the Premier Plan of WonderSlim and after 3 weeks I am still going strong.

I am a sugar addict and the binge mode has been turned off since using these products. We can compare notes on the foods we try. I won't influence you. I have tried most of them and most I really like!

Good luck on this journey. Just go up to the top to very top of the page to User CP and you can edit your signature.
BTW I love your little irishmen!

You WILL do this again. We both will.

Congrats on a new beginning.

Joyce

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 09-19-2016 at 01:34 PM.