Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/ 165 / 130

Height: 5'3

Default New and Nervous

Hi everybody!! I am new here I'm sorry if I should be posting in the weekly thread but I am not 100% sure how to navigate this site so far. I wanted to introduce myself as I hope to use this site as a support system. 🙂 Also, I have some fears about the ideal protein diet and I wanted to get some feedback.
So I'm 34 years old a mom of two kids (7 and 5) I was always very small before children, I was one of those who could eat literally anything and still stay at 115-120 lbs. Since having my 5 year old I have steadily increased in weight. I am now about 160-165 and disgusted with myself and the lack of care I have given to myself. My stomach looks pregnant and since I have a smaller chest it sticks out further than my breasts. It's embarrassing 😞 I have tried calorie counting, low carb and always cheat then GORGE. Often times I think "I'd rather enjoy this food item and be fat than turn it down". I have significant anxiety which is mostly under control now but I know I stress eat, especially at night.
My parents did IP and lost a huge amount of wight. So now I'm on board. My first meeting is Friday. What should I expect in this 1 hr consultation?
Are there adverse health effects? (Developing fatty deposits like limpomas? headaches? ) That type stuff scares me.
Also I am terrified of the coffee without MY creamer of 15 years. I cannot function without it. 😖 Seriously. How will this be addressed?
How often are weigh ins?
How are losses calculated?
I have children's food around the house. Snacks for their lunches, cereals, breads, etc. Oh man, it will be hard...... 😬

Last edited by MountainVA; 05-10-2017 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Delete double post
MountainVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I haven't tried Ideal Protein but I also have anxiety so I feel your pain there. Are you taking any medication for it? If so, you might benefit from having a discussion with your PCP about adding Wellbutrin to your regimen. It helps with the compulsive eating that the anxiety triggers. If you're not currently on anxiety medication you might not want to try it though because it can possibly cause your anxiety to get worse. It has improved my anxiety because it keeps me from obsessing over little things but I had some time off work so I was able to give it a try and see how it affected me.
KsLittleSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote