Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/225/175

Height: 5'9"

Smile Nutrisystem Newbie

Over the weekend I bought a 5-Day meal pack from WalMart to give it a try, before spending the hundreds of dollars on the actual program. I'm on day one. So far so good, except that I forgot to grab my veggies and SmartCarb snack. Luckily I had an applesauce here in the fridge at work, only thing is it had cinnamon. I ate it because I needed to, but I was curious does anyone know if cinnamon is an ok extra? It's not on the "grocery list" you can obtain on their site, but I can't rationalize why it wouldn't be in the same category as mustard, or cumin.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Mustdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:20 PM   #2  
Looking for the 200's

S/C/G: 325/311.4/174

Height: 6'0

I tried the same 5 day pack from WalMart. It was okay for a few weeks, and not a bad price, about $40 for 15 meals. But after about week 3 all the tomato sause based food I could not stand the smell of them even the thought of them grossed me out. I thought about trying the larger plan with a larger amount of meals to choose from but i was afraid to invest when i got burnt out so quick
milliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #3  

Sometimes you can go to BigLots (if they have thsoe in your area) and they often have a very wide selection.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:37 PM   #4  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliej View Post
I tried the same 5 day pack from WalMart. It was okay for a few weeks, and not a bad price, about $40 for 15 meals. But after about week 3 all the tomato sause based food I could not stand the smell of them even the thought of them grossed me out. I thought about trying the larger plan with a larger amount of meals to choose from but i was afraid to invest when i got burnt out so quick
But did you lose any weight in that 3 weeks?
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #5  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustdoit View Post
Over the weekend I bought a 5-Day meal pack from WalMart to give it a try, before spending the hundreds of dollars on the actual program. I'm on day one. So far so good, except that I forgot to grab my veggies and SmartCarb snack. Luckily I had an applesauce here in the fridge at work, only thing is it had cinnamon. I ate it because I needed to, but I was curious does anyone know if cinnamon is an ok extra? It's not on the "grocery list" you can obtain on their site, but I can't rationalize why it wouldn't be in the same category as mustard, or cumin.

I just bought the same thing!! Anxious to try it...maybe we could keep each other posted on how it goes. I am planning to start this Thursday so I can give it 5 full days in a row
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #6  
Princess Melanie

S/C/G: Start 5/24/2012 198/146/140

Height: 5'5"

I just ordered the 28 day plan! I had done IP years ago and it worked then I did it the end of last year and the results were not very exciting and I feel there is way to much planning and orgazanizing going into this so call me lazy, I want the grab and go. Plus, I have chrinis lyme so I am always tired and need the extra time in my life for other things, looking for updates from you guys.
princessM928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #7  
Queen of the Manatees!

S/C/G: 304/263/125

Height: 5'2

I'll be honest with you guys. I was on Nutrisystem. I lost 30 pounds. But the food tasted like absolute garbage. I think this was before they introduced the frozen meals so the food might be better now. It does work though. I'll attest to that, if you can stand the food.
Elyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 208.8/196.8/138

Quote:

Yes it is fine to have cinnamon. I have been Nutrisystem for 7 weeks and I have to say I absolutely love it! I have lost 12 pounds. I am on the Uniquely Yours plan which is a 28 day plan that includes your choice of frozen or pantry foods. It is very affordable if you use the Costco gift cards which are regularly 79.99 for a 100.00 card. But, they go on sale occasionally for 59.99. You can order them from the Costco website and then use them to pay for your Nutrisystem plan.

I enjoy the convenience, the variety and the fact that I do not have to count, weigh or measure. The only thing you have to "figure" are your smart carbs and power fuels, which are pretty easy.

I have tried many different diets....Southbeach, Weight Watchers, counting calories, low carb, etc.... I was successful on SB several years ago, lost 30 pounds, quit smoking and gained 40. I think SB and WW are two of the healthiest and well balanced plans out there. But for myself because of years of yo yo dieting I am experiencing diet burn out. Which is why I think NS is working so well for me.

Anyway, I hope something I said is helpful for you or others. Basically, the best plan (balanced eating equal) is the plan you will stick to.

Good luck on your journey
maggieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 497/349/250

Hi everyone. The frozen NS foods are much better than the other food which they call shelf foods. I once lost over 90 pounds in 10 months on the plan. I didn't get to my goal and took some time off but came back in June of 2014. In addition to the costco gift cards that were talked about, there is also a possibility your health insurance offers a discount for NS foods. Plus if you refer someone to NS you and the one you refer can get Buddy bucks. The counselors are really very nice and if you sweet talk to them they can find special deals for you. I pay $150.00 for 20 days with of meals and desserts. On the other 10 days you can do what is called flexing. Unfortunately the NS website boards are closing down for some new app called NuMi so a lot of the NS members moved to others site including MFP. If your interested in more info feel free to email me.
ssflbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
I'm on day one. So far so good, except that I forgot to grab my veggies and SmartCarb snack. Luckily I had an applesauce here in the fridge at work, only thing is it had cinnamon. I ate it because I needed to, but I was curious does anyone know if cinnamon is an ok extra? .

I am sure powdered herbs are ok. It's something you will eat the rest of your life. I have been on Nutrisystem since 2009
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 196/195/145

How would you compare this to Jenny Craig? As for the prices, I was shocked when I finally found them on bestdiettips.com
ChocolateLover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 268/256/154

Height: 5'6

I pay $226 for 28 days of frozen/shelf stable foods. I get mostly the frozen and absolutely love it! I've been on it for 5 weeks, but have been a member for going on 5 years. It's so easy and convenient. I think you should try it out. Remember though that if you do and you get the auto-delivery discount it is a requirement that you stay on it for 2 shipments. Otherwise they will charge you for the discounted amount. With the Costco NS giftcards that I got on sale for $59.99 (for a $100 card) the amount that I pay is only $160 or so. VERY DOABLE!

Let me know before you order and I can email you Buddy Bucks worth $30 off your first order. Shoot me a message that has your email addy in it.

Last edited by Terri70; 06-03-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Terri70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/174/125

Wow I ordered this exact thing online from Walmart too! I just got it Friday and I'm planning on starting tomorrow. I got two kist though, the regular one I'm guessing and another one that is called "homestyle favorites" because I wanted variety and I feel I'll get a better idea doing it two weeks instead of one. I think cinnamon might be under the "free" foods since it has basically no calories or sugar
Misa66 is offline   Reply With Quote