Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:33 AM   #31  
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 245/186/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlightMintz View Post
Hang in there floralshorts! I go for orientation tomorrow and I'm hoping to get my appts done quickly so I can get started ASAP!

Thanks for posting things that do and don't work for ya ... I'm taking notes.
Have fun at your orientation tomorrow. When is your start date? Do you have one yet? Are you planning on doing Optifast 70 too?

I had better luck today with the chocolate Optifast 70, thank god! I mixed it with coffee, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a little Splenda. The cinnamon TOTALLY cut out the nasty aftertaste of the chocolate. It was so good I felt like I was cheating while drinking it.

Other news: I was pretty irritable today. I will attribute that to my body not being in ketosis yet/me being hungry at random times in the day. I can't wait until I'm in ketosis so that I don't feel hungry. D:

TMI news: I use the birth control Nexplanon (implant in arm) and have been for about four years now. While on Nexplanon, I don't get a period, which is awesome. When I tried low-carb/keto eating earlier this year, I would have random breakthrough bleeding, which was annoying. Well, today that started happening again. I was curious why this only seems to happen when I'm eating low carb, so I poked around on the internet for a bit. Apparently the reason is that because estrogen is stored in fat, when you lose fat rapidly it gets released into your system, flooding your body with excess hormones, which can sometimes cause breakthrough bleeding or irregular periods. Interesting.
floralshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/189

Height: 5' 6.5"

floralshorts
At the meeting today I will find out the dates for my physical and psych evaluation and also my fasting start date. I'm just celebrating one step closer with today's orientation. I'll be doing full fast for 12 weeks with Optifast 800.

About your TMI... I guess the bright side is that you are indeed burning fat?

Chocolate... with coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, splenda... got it, thanks!

Hang in there... everyone says the first week is killer but you can do it!!
StarlightMintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #33  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

I recommend this program for anyone serious about losing weight.... I am down another 3.6lbs this week.... A total of 19.6lbs since April 4th....
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #34  
Optifast 70 User

Quote:
floralshorts
At the meeting today I will find out the dates for my physical and psych evaluation and also my fasting start date. I'm just celebrating one step closer with today's orientation. I'll be doing full fast for 12 weeks with Optifast 800.

About your TMI... I guess the bright side is that you are indeed burning fat?

Chocolate... with coffee, vanilla, cinnamon, splenda... got it, thanks!

Hang in there... everyone says the first week is killer but you can do it!!
If you are doing Optifast 800 you might not have as many "yuck" issues with the flavor of the shakes. When I met with my dietician last week she made me a complimentary chocolate shake with the 800 formula and it was pretty decent. All she added was water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibog View Post
I recommend this program for anyone serious about losing weight.... I am down another 3.6lbs this week.... A total of 19.6lbs since April 4th....
Congrats nibog! That's an impressive loss! I hope my results are as awesome as yours.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #35  
Optifast User

Floral shorts - - I was on Implanon (a type of birth control stick in the arm) for 5 years...Started it at 19, had it replaced at 22 as it has a 3 year life cycle, removed it at 24 (about 2 weeks before turning 25) when we decided to start trying for a family.

I gained a LOT of weight with the second insertion of Implanon, I didn't have my period more than a half dozen times during those 5 years. Now I have an unbelieveably messed up cycle (have gone up to 18 weeks in between periods! - They hope I will regulate after losing weight - they think the irregular periods and my ocular migraines are both a result of high estrogen levels which is a result of high fat percentage in the body (like you pointed out).

Life is so much fun, isn't it?
Old 05-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #36  
Optifast 70 User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibog View Post
Floral shorts - - I was on Implanon (a type of birth control stick in the arm) for 5 years...Started it at 19, had it replaced at 22 as it has a 3 year life cycle, removed it at 24 (about 2 weeks before turning 25) when we decided to start trying for a family.

I gained a LOT of weight with the second insertion of Implanon, I didn't have my period more than a half dozen times during those 5 years. Now I have an unbelieveably messed up cycle (have gone up to 18 weeks in between periods! - They hope I will regulate after losing weight - they think the irregular periods and my ocular migraines are both a result of high estrogen levels which is a result of high fat percentage in the body (like you pointed out).

Life is so much fun, isn't it?
Omg, crazy! Implanon doesn't have the weight gain effect on me for whatever reason, but I made up for that by being depressed and eating my life away haha. I really like it though, other than the random bleeding that I'm getting now... blah.

And... I'VE OFFICIALLY LOST 11.8 POUNDS! When I went to the clinic last week, I weighed in at 245.8. I'm not going to be able to go to my clinic to get officially weighed until next Tuesday, 3/13, so I figured "what the heck" and weighed myself at home this morning. It said 234! I was in a happy shock. And this is only my fourth full day on Optifast 70. Wow is all I can say. Really happy over here.

Since I don't have enough posts yet to get a weight countdown in my signature, here's where I stand right now:

SW: 245.8
CW: 234
GW 1: 175
UGW: 160

Last edited by floralshorts; 05-08-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #37  

Wow, you guys are quickly disappearing!

I'm waiting for a call to see when I get to start. The center I'm going to only takes 3 new people a week but I got my paperwork in ASAP so I'm hoping I'm near the top of the list!!

I. hate. waiting.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #38  
Optifast 70 User

Quote:
Wow, you guys are quickly disappearing!

I'm waiting for a call to see when I get to start. The center I'm going to only takes 3 new people a week but I got my paperwork in ASAP so I'm hoping I'm near the top of the list!!

I. hate. waiting.
I hope you are at the top of the list too! It is annoying to wait on something you know is going to change your life, haha. Spend your waiting time getting in all of your favorite foods!

Today is day five of Optifast 70 for me. Yesterday went much better than the first three days. I have some Ketostix which test your urine to see if you're in ketosis - as of yesterday and today, I am definitely in ketosis. I am also getting a lot less hungry. I try to drink a shake every three hours.

My only problem so far is cravings! I know I won't cheat, but goodness, I am sure craving some pizza. I unfollowed a few food blogs on Tumblr because all of their posts were making me hungry, haha!

I know I have the will power to not cheat but the mental cravings are still there. I just keep reminding myself that cheating is not worth it. Which would I rather have... a slice of grease laden pizza, or a sexy figure? I think I'll go with the latter.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #39  

You are lucky! The next orientation for me is May 22 and the program doesn't start till july! JULY? What! Now, I'm trying to figure out what to do till then!!
Any suggestions??? I really don't want to gain more wight to loose in July! Oy~
DevlinGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:53 PM   #40  

Oh and FANTASTIC job! You are doing GREAT! I look forward to seeing your success!!
DevlinGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #41  
Optifast User

It is a hard wait!! I signed up for orientation in Jan, was given a call back and finally received a call in Feb with an orientation date for March...Started the program on April 4th. I completely sympathize - waiting from Jan to April was a nightmare!

Between now and then, I would do a few things to start you off in the right direction.

If you don't already, start taking a sugar-free fiber powder.
Not sure how much you drink, but ZERO alcohol is allowed in the program, start cutting back now.
Start drinking water like it's going out of style - minimum of a gallon a day, max 2 gallons.
Start taking small walks. Even 1 lap around your neighborhood. You can't do a lot of exercise on Full Fast to begin with, walking definitely helps.
Start a food journal, write down what you are eating, when you are eating etc. I keep a food journal for all my shakes and water....Every piece of sugar free gum is also notated!
Stop the "I hate my body" thinking - you are in the right direction of changing that. Start positives now.
Start saving up $$ - - bras are expensive and a pain in the butt - bust is one of the first areas you lose weight and you will need to go through a variety of sizes before you get to your goal.

Hope this helps - hang in there!!! July will be here before you know it!! (It better be! That's when I think I am going to switch to Modified)
Old 05-11-2014, 11:46 AM   #42  
Optifast 70 User

Today is my seventh full day of Optifast 70. Tomorrow will be my week anniversary, and my first weigh in at my clinic.

I weighed myself this morning out of curiosity. 231.8 pounds. I am down 14 pounds in less than a week. I don't even know what to say, so I will just sit here and smile. When I go to the clinic tomorrow I don't expect the loss to be as much as it is at home, since I'll have clothes on and it will be in the evening when I weigh in, but this is exciting.

I know it's mostly water weight and that it won't come off this easily in the coming weeks... but wow. I can taste the 220s again. I'm so excited.

In other news, I pretty much have dreams every night about eating food. Last night I ate pizza in my dream! It sounds weird, but it sort of curbs my craving for eating food in real life, haha. I remember the pizza tasted really good in my dream, but the 14 pound drop in real life tastes a lot better.

Last edited by floralshorts; 05-11-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #43  

Congratulations to everyone on the weight loss. I was supposed to start but, I was not mentally prepared, because my period had started and I simply was not ready. I am ready now, I have my shakes in the fridge, I brought a new journal, to record my foods and feelings, and I am as ready as I can possible be to changing my life for the better.

nibog Congratulations on losing 19.6 lbs!

florashorts congratulations on losing 14 pounds!
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by floralshorts View Post
I hope you are at the top of the list too! It is annoying to wait on something you know is going to change your life, haha. Spend your waiting time getting in all of your favorite foods!

Today is day five of Optifast 70 for me. Yesterday went much better than the first three days. I have some Ketostix which test your urine to see if you're in ketosis - as of yesterday and today, I am definitely in ketosis. I am also getting a lot less hungry. I try to drink a shake every three hours.

My only problem so far is cravings! I know I won't cheat, but goodness, I am sure craving some pizza. I unfollowed a few food blogs on Tumblr because all of their posts were making me hungry, haha!

I know I have the will power to not cheat but the mental cravings are still there. I just keep reminding myself that cheating is not worth it. Which would I rather have... a slice of grease laden pizza, or a sexy figure? I think I'll go with the latter.
The bit about unfollowing food blogs on Tumblr made me laugh. I can see myself doing the same.

I'm still waiting but I'm going to call in the next day or two to see where I am on the list!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibog
If you don't already, start taking a sugar-free fiber powder.
Not sure how much you drink, but ZERO alcohol is allowed in the program, start cutting back now.
Start drinking water like it's going out of style - minimum of a gallon a day, max 2 gallons.
Start taking small walks. Even 1 lap around your neighborhood. You can't do a lot of exercise on Full Fast to begin with, walking definitely helps.
Start a food journal, write down what you are eating, when you are eating etc. I keep a food journal for all my shakes and water....Every piece of sugar free gum is also notated!
Stop the "I hate my body" thinking - you are in the right direction of changing that. Start positives now.
Start saving up $$ - - bras are expensive and a pain in the butt - bust is one of the first areas you lose weight and you will need to go through a variety of sizes before you get to your goal.
nibog, I thank you much for the helpful tips! I did take them to heart and I'm trying to be a good little pre-Optifaster.

Last edited by StarlightMintz; 05-13-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:13 PM   #45  
Optifast 70 User

Today is day 10 of Optifast 70. Yesterday I had my first weigh in at my clinic, and I've officially lost 13 pounds (245.8 to 232.8). I figured the weigh in at the clinic wouldn't be the same as at home, since I weighed in there in the evening, had consumed shakes all day, and had clothes on of course.

I've also begun to drink one gallon of water per day, since I didn't put much effort into water consumption during my first week.

I woke up this morning and weighed myself, and weighed in at 228.4! Hello 220s! This brings my total weight loss so far to 17.4 pounds.

My food cravings aren't too bad, but sometimes I do really wish I could have some ravioli or some cereal. I usually try to busy myself with something else when I have these cravings; looking at cute dresses to buy when I'm skinny usually works.

On Monday I am going back to work after being off for a year on leave. I am really excited to go back, surprisingly, and I think work will help distract me from wanting food at different points during the day. My only concern is coworkers noticing I never eat food. My mom told me that if they question it, to just tell them that I am on Optifast, but I just don't think it's anyone's business at work what I'm putting in my mouth. Plus, if someone has never heard of Optifast before, the idea of it sounds pretty insane. I'm hoping no one will notice.

Last edited by floralshorts; 05-14-2014 at 04:15 PM.