Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersweety View Post
Day 2! I stayed on plan yesterday and I absolutely love everything I had from Wonderslim! Love the Spicey Cheese and Pasta. I just had the creamy peanut butter bar and it was awesome. Haven't gotten much exercise yet, but yesterday we cleaned the cellar which was a lot if up and down the stairs carrying heavy boxes, so I think that counts, and today I chased a student around the playground for a while. Tonight is salmon with some spinach.
I have a question. How often do you all weigh yourselves? I tend to get obsessed with the scale, often weighing myself in the middle of the night if I get up for any reason. Then again when I get up in the morning.
Do you weigh yourself everyday, or once a week?
I am a math person. I like to see what stuff does to my body so I can accurately measure my progress. So I weigh twice a day. And I log those numbers on a spreadsheet. Here's the thing though, I DON'T care if the number goes up. Just as long as the overall tread is down. My "official" weigh in is always on Monday.

Rule of thumb, if you weigh daily, DO NOT DWELL ON THE NUMBER! It WILL go up, stay the same, drop 2 pounds, or only .1 pound. In fact, weekly weigh ins can have the same effect. Remember that weight loss is NOT linear, our bodies adjust and part of that adjustment makes our weight go wonky sometimes.

A better method to see how you are doing is to take up the tape measure. How do your clothes fit? How do you feel?

The scale measures weight loss...which can be fat loss, muscle loss, water weight loss, bone loss, ect.

The tape measure on the other hand mainly measures fat loss.

And isn't fat loss the real goal?
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #122  

OH! And IF you exercise, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN EXTRA SHAKE! Trust me on this You'll stall out otherwise. EAS Carb AdvantEDGE is a good one (I prefer the vanilla personally)
Old 04-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 218/200.6/140

Height: 5.3

Thanks for your reply. I am going to start working out again so I will definitely add a shake. I am measuring myself today. I know my weight is always more at night so I don't worry when I see a gain there because I know it will usually be lower the next morning. My official weigh in day will be Sunday. Thanks for your thread giving your opinions on the different meals, bars, and shakes for Wonderslim. It was a great help when I placed my order.
Summersweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:11 PM   #124  

Day 4, things are going pretty good! My only slip up was having a few too many rice cakes yesterday, but it's better than a bag of chips! My sister and I are having a contest to see how has the biggest percentage of weight loss by June 1st. The loser has to give the winner $100 towards a new outfit.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:56 AM   #125  

weigh in this morning, lost almost 8lbs! I have been staying on plan and should be able to until Easter when I plan in going off a bit, but just at dinner. No appetizers or anything before. I am so Happy!
Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #126  

ok, not too keen on the tomato soup, but I add veggies to it so it's not so bad. Not sure if I will order it again.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:24 PM   #127  

Hi! Just ordered some Wonderslim but am very confused by their "plan". I have been doing Medifast on and off since last fall and have lost about 25 pounds on it but I would like to try Wonderslim to help the budget. I still have a bunch of MF stuff that I need to use so I thought I would start with subbing a few WS items. My favorite MF items are the cereal, oatmeal and bars and I am almost out of those so I ordered the WS bar variety pack, both types of cereal and also their general variety box with a little of everything to try.

I love how easy it is with MF-- I just pick any one of their items (except the clearly defined snacks) for my 5 meals. I can have Mashed potatoes for breakfast and pudding for the next 4 meals if I want. I am confused by the WS plan which seems to define the items differently and it seems like they are not interchangeable. I prefer to keep shakes/drinks to a minimum because they are harder to prepare and I like to eat actual food that I have to chew. I am looking at their "core" plan but it looks like the cereal and oatmeal are not even used on that? And the "premium" plan is very confusing because it adds 2 more WS meals but only eliminates one starch and 2 veggies which don't seem like the nutritional values really add up.

Can anyone help make this less confusing?
catsnscraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #128  

LOL - main reason I parted with it. I still use the shakes and I still use the bars, but I mainly do my own things, counting calories and using these products for last minute grabs or after workout routines. WS just got TOO big! When I first started, there was ONE plan. Now...I think there is like 15? It is crazy! So...if you are following MF currently, you can EASILY sub WS products in place (originally it follows MF to a "T"). A lot of folks use these products as subs for IP. so, make it your own. As long as you stick with it and keep your calories within your TDEE range, it will work

Good luck!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
LOL - main reason I parted with it. I still use the shakes and I still use the bars, but I mainly do my own things, counting calories and using these products for last minute grabs or after workout routines. WS just got TOO big! When I first started, there was ONE plan. Now...I think there is like 15? It is crazy! So...if you are following MF currently, you can EASILY sub WS products in place (originally it follows MF to a "T"). A lot of folks use these products as subs for IP. so, make it your own. As long as you stick with it and keep your calories within your TDEE range, it will work

Good luck!
Thanks! I will just have to figure out what to have when. I would like to still keep things under 1000 cal a day and as close to low carb/high protein as I can. I lost about 50lbs on South Beach and just needed something more structured for the last 50. MF has worked for about 25 of those but with a child going to college in the fall I need to cut the $$$.
catsnscraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:34 PM   #130  

I think cost is probably the biggest setback for almost any of these plans. I try to catch them whenever they have a special going on or if I can find special discount codes online.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #131  

Wondering if anyone is still using this thread for Wonderslim...been lurking for a while, and ready to start.
Catlover613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 01:29 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 221/186/160

Height: 5'7''

I just ordered my 1st month of Wonderslim/Bariwise products from Diet Direct, I hope this works, I really hope I'm disciplined enough to stick to the program, I know I like the drinks, I've had them before, this is my first time trying the snacks and entrees.
domesticbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #133  
Holistic Nutritionist

Default Make your own packaged meals

Although Wonder Slim may work amazingly for some people, making your own pre packaged shakes and meals is a great way to go.

You can custom pick exactly what you want, and it saves tons of $$$

I like to make my own shake in the morning with spinach, frozen berries, & coconut milk. I'll then add some super clean/ super healthy protein powder like vegan pea protein if I think I'll be working out a lot for the day.

I pre-make my smoothies by packaging the ingredients at the beginning of the week & putting them in the freezer. Then I just take it out of the freezer and add the coconut milk. Voila!
BethLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:31 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 205.6/194.1/135

Height: 5'-3"

I'm new to Wonderslim and I just finished my first week with a 7.8 lb loss. I'm doing the Premium plan. So far I'm enjoying it and the best part is I'm never hungry. I've been reading through all the older threads on this forum about Wonderslim, and I'm hoping this thread will get more active again with other people doing Wonderslim.
swimmom70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:52 PM   #135  

Swimmom70: Congrats on your first week! Very encouraging!!!

I'm restarting Wonderslim tomorrow. I did it for a while earlier in the year and was pleased with it. I'm looking forward to checking in with others on the program.
txlawchic2010 is offline   Reply With Quote