Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

harvester. How much did you lose? and how much have you regained? Was it a slow regain or a quick one? Curious minds do wonder
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Hi all,

Zoesmom asked how we are going to handle the holidays. It is going to be rough especially if you are going to someone's house, but the main goal is to keep it focused. I have fallen off the wagon for some time now but know that I have to kick my butt a few times to get myself back on the program.

I will pledge to stay on program most days and consciously see what I am putting in my mouth all days. I know I will be off on the major holidays but that is about all. It will not be a free for all though, I will eat what I want, but not pig out.
You have to put in your mind at all times that the food will always be there for you to eat. You have eaten it before and know what it tastes like. But you should not deprive yourself of anything either.
punmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

Zoesmom I lost about 40 lbs all together. 20 lbs was using Wonderslim while my husband was deployed. When he came home I gradually slid off the wagon and gained 17 lbs back in about a year.
harvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 193/185/133

Height: 5'3"

Red face Hi!

Hi all! I've been "lurking" on this forum for a while; I will be ordering my WS food before the year is out. My name is Christine, I'm single (widowed), 61 years old, and I live alone. I have insulin resistance and am hypothyroid, but I hope if I am able to stay on program I'll be able to lose what I need to. I've been getting stiff and sore, but instead of blaming it on my age, I'm choosing to blame the extra 60 pounds I carry around. (At least that way I can do something about it!) Anyway, I wanted to check in and let you know I'll be joining you soon. I'm very hyped up about WonderSlim, and can't wait to start. I've only been waiting until my bills get caught up before placing my order...
ChristineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #50  

ChristineA

Those 60 extra pounds add up! I know that I've seen a huge change in how my joints feel as I have lost my weight. My knees still take a lot of abuse, but I am still rather hefty in the grand scheme of things. Whenever I think there is not a difference, I head over to Lowe's or Home Depot and find something to tote for a few minutes that equates to the pounds I have lost. Heck, even 5 pounds made a difference! But now, when I tote around 70 pounds of concrete on my shoulders...UGH! How did I do that EVERY DAY ALL THE TIME?!?!

I know WS helped grab control of a lot of my health issues. My cholestrol is in great condition now, my blood pressure is picture perfect, my blood sugar is average as average can be, and my thyroid is slam bam amazing (it had been having issues prior to WS.) There are issues WS could not correct (I have severe asthma and ARDS) but ultimately, I am much healthier and happier thanks to WS.

It is important to remember WS is a tool to help you achieve your goals. Counting calories, even while on prepackaged foods, helps you understand what you need to eat to lose, and to maintain. There are 3 millions tips you can find online, with friends, family, and doctors. All are right, all are wrong. Find what works for you, and then just stick to it. WS claims fast weight loss...not for me. I exercise, so I lose slower than what they claim. I'm okay with that. i'd prefer to be healthy over a stick anyways. But not everyone wants that.

I'm happy to have you here and can't wait to hear of your sucesses!
Old 12-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #51  
Awesome

S/C/G: 194.4/183.2/125

Hey ladies! I've been mia for a while. It took me far too many months to get back into my weight loss. I gained back up to 195. But, I'm starting my 3rd week on plan, and I'm down to 187, and back into the swing of it. My husband has finally gotten on board with being healthier, so I've been making us a lean and green (+starch for him) every night, and it is a BIG help. So glad to see those of you who've stuck it out, and the others who are still checking in. It's definitely motivation to read your posts.
Tifftastic05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifftastic05 View Post
Hey ladies! I've been mia for a while. It took me far too many months to get back into my weight loss. I gained back up to 195. But, I'm starting my 3rd week on plan, and I'm down to 187, and back into the swing of it. My husband has finally gotten on board with being healthier, so I've been making us a lean and green (+starch for him) every night, and it is a BIG help. So glad to see those of you who've stuck it out, and the others who are still checking in. It's definitely motivation to read your posts.
Glad to have you back!

It does make it easier when your spouse is on board...mine refuses. So, I cook two dinners nightly. Ugh. I just bought a size 14 pair of pants...that fit!...for myself, netting a total of 12-14 pant sizes lost! Had to buy DH two sizes bigger as he is getting heavier. And he had the poor taste to comment that I don't need to show off I am getting smaller while he gets larger. UHM..HELLO! Busting tail and eating right takes a LOT of effort! I can show off if I wanna!!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, checking back in after being MIA for a few months. I had gained 12 lbs eating the house down and made myself get strictly back to WS plan and quickly have lost 10 of the 12. But Whew - it's much harder to start over than to stay on! And that is worth repeating!

My problem is that when I start eating "regular" food, it becomes a slippery slope for me. I'm going to need to work on incorporating regular food without gaining weight. But one thing I know: that 12 came back on so easily, and I don't intend to steer in that direction again. I'm going in the right direction now, and so far have avoided the holiday treats that are starting to show up around the workplace. And I mean, CHOICE treats. I can't start going there. It doesn't feel as good eating them as it does feeling my pants fit again. BAM!
Nimblegranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Hi zoesmom, I was reading through the posts for fortification and am again reminded what great advice you give! Thanks for being there for everyone, for addressing us personally, for being a valuable font of wisdom. I was so glad to see you were still here when I got back!

Going to say right now I intend to stick to my plan today. I tried eating my fruit at night and it makes me not lose. I like to save it for when I'm most hungry but earlier in the day is right. Also, not going to get into the treats today. Even my very favorite, hardest to resist, once a year treat. I want to feel good in my pants even more.
Nimblegranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #55  

Welcome back Nimble!

I don't post as much as I once did, but I check in daily and when I see certain things, especially this thread, I make sure to post something. I'm still using WS, but more as a quick "eat" now more than a meal replacement. My doctor more or less has me weaned off of WS now. I am still losing, albeit slowly, but mostly through calorie counting at this point. Although, I will be hard pressed to EVER give up those caramel pecan bars...nom nom nom!

I can appreciate the slipping back. I did that once back over the summer, and now, I refuse to gain more than 3 back in any given month. So my cheat days are fewer and further between now. But, at least I am losing. I fit in size 14's and I hit moderate obesity...considering I started in TIGHT size 26's and once had a BMI of 47, I'll take it! Still have a lng way to go, but I will get there.

And you will too

Glad to have you back! It was getting lonely here
Old 12-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 193/185/133

Default Slipping back...

I gained a lot of weight when I quit smoking (25 years ago now), but I waited 6 months before I tried to do anything about it. I figured at the time quitting smoking was more important. Anyway, I went to a place next door to my work called "The Diet Center" (they don't exist anymore), and with their help lost all I'd gained and then some. I got down to 133 lbs., and swore I'd never break 140 again. Well, here I am at over 190. I know I'm a lot older now (duh!), but after doing days and days of research I have high hopes of starting the new year with WS. I especially like the idea that if I do manage to lose all the weight and then start to slip back that I can buy 2 weeks worth and just eat basically "packaged" food until the gaining stops. It seems when I'm left to my own devices is when I have trouble controlling my eating.
ChristineA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

hey all,

I am using the Wonderslim and Bariwise foods to keep my calories down for a bit. I don't have it in me to "diet" (putting in effort and concentration) but I find if I have a meal replacement for breakfast and 2 snacks, my calories stay much lower than if I am cooking eggs or regular foods. I think the WS apple oatmeal is so good! It is much tastier than Medifast's. I also really like the WS cheddar crunchers. They are a great snack with salsa. But they're soy based, and I am trying to switch off all soy meals once I use all the ones I have already. If you don't mind soy you should try them. The Bariwise Rockie Road bars are really good too.

Last edited by Lyn2007; 12-14-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 280/265/155

Height: 5'5

Hi! This is my second post on this site. I just wanted to chime in here.

I was previously on Wonderslim back in 2008 and lost about 25 pounds. I went off the program because I couldn't afford the product and was tired of being on a liquid diet. I was okay for about 4 years and then I gained what I lost, and then a bit more, due to a unusually stressful life situation.

I started back on the Wonderslim diet this past August and have lost 25 pounds so far. I find it very hard to remain on the diet on the weekends. So, I take a break on the weekend, eating high protein, low fat and carb foods, and then get right back to it on Monday. That's not for everyone, but it's working for me, albeit slowing down my overall rate of loss. During the week it's easy because I am at work and have little to no access to food that is outside of the diet and I have the benefit of a predictable, daily routine. As my name says, "Persistent" is the name of the game. If I get discouraged and quit (like I did before) I will either stay the same or gain more weight-I know this. So, I pick myself up and move forward and stash the guilt. It does me no good here.

I consume 5 Wonderslim meals a day (favorite is the Mocha shake) and then 1 lean and green meal (mirroring the Medifast plan guidelines). I take a multivitamin each day and I exercise 3 to 5 days per week for 20 minutes each time (cardio). My goal is to lose a total of 100 more pounds, so I have a way to go.

Amy

Last edited by PersistentA; 12-17-2013 at 04:27 PM.
PersistentA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #59  

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how many are either taking up WS or starting it back up. (And the Mocha is one of my personal favorites too!)

Lyn-I used WS at first b/c it was SO much easier than counting calories. Now, calorie counting is easier, and WS is just when I am lazy. Actually, I like food. A LOT. So, calorie counting is more of a "normal" food thing. That being said, I still have my shake and my caramel pecan bar daily...YUM! And others, depending on the day.

christine - It is always easier to start than to stop and restart. Just know that going in and be prepared for the mental mind **** that will present. If you are ready for it, it will be SO much easier. I take diet breaks about once every two months for about 2-3 days. It SUCKS going back on plan, but I know, I have to. My diet breaks keep it real for me. And remind me that the junk I put in my body is really that. I'm READY to go back on plan after a day or two of eating junk. I feel so gross afterwards!

Persistent - totally doable to lose the 100+ pounds. I can barely wait till I hit my big 100. and 90% of it was thanks to WS and just sticking with it. Whereas your plan might not be for everyone, it works for you. And that is ALL that matters. The plan that works for you is the plan you need to do. For example, I take diet breaks. Not everyone can or should do that. But if I didn't, I would have stopped a long time ago due to burn out. So, keep doing it. And don't give up
Old 12-18-2013, 01:55 AM   #60  

I have have been watching this thread. I am on day two of wonderslim.
I'm drinking my morning shake now.
I was on medifast before but like that the food is better and I get a bit more. The price helps too. I got off medifast because I was pregnant.
I need to lose 50 pounds but I'll flip if I lose 35 or 40! Lol

I'm also breastfeeding. I'll keep u informed as I'm just starting. This is my first post ever on this site!
Muscatmom is offline   Reply With Quote