Wonderslim 11

You're on Page 8 of 10
Go to
  • Ducking my head in here - not doing WS yet, but I want to. Finances however haven't let me yet. Are there any tricks to doing WS either with real food, or cheaper than through Diet Direct? I know the Jillian Michaels shake is almost identical to the WS shakes except they don't taste as good, so planning on doing that some to stretch the WS food. I need to lose about 150lbs total, so this will be a long haul. I was told on another board that since my weight is so high, I should start out with the MEN's meal plan {1700 calorie} & stick with that until I begin to not lose, and then step down. Is that right?

Also - I see they've changed up the diet plan into Basic, Core & Premium. Thoughts? Which would you follow?
  • Anyone still here? Seems like neither of the WS threads have had any posts in a couple weeks.

Found a good sub for the WS snack bars tonight at my grocery - Perfect Fit Chocolate Chip Protein Cookie. They come individually wrapped, and are cheaper than WS at $1.39 each. Stats are:

Calories:150
    Total Fat: 5g
    Protein: 10g
    Carbs: 19 {so 1 more than WS snack bars}
    Sugars: 9g {2 less than WS snack bars}

Plus they are all natural, with whey / milk protein. And real ingredients! They use Stevia as the sweetener which is nice too. Will report back after I try them to see how they taste.
  • Started today on my version of WS - using Jillian Michaels shakes instead of WS shakes. The Vanilla JM shake is pretty blah, even if I add 2 packets of stevia to up the sweet. The chocolate JM shake isn't too bad. Neither are as good as the WS shakes though.

So far I've had breakfast {Shake & 1 cup Strawberries}, and morning snack {shake & 3oz grapes}. Just finished the snack and I'm still hungry. Not terrible hungry, but hungry. Looking forward to Lunch!
  • Hi there!

I am in and out and I am sorry about that...what with various medical issues I am dealing with currently, I am unable to fully devote to the thread like usual. Luckily, maintaining.

Using JM instead of WS is fine, just make sure you are taking your vitamins and stuff...

Personally, I don't like how they changed the program up. All it does is add confusion. They've changed it several times over the past couple years (I lose slowly due to medical issues and exercise)

May I recommend looking at the Ideal Protein Alternative thread? It is a lot more active and a lot of those members use WS products. It is very similar to the Basic plan...I think.

And if you are still hungry, have another shake! 100 extra calories will not ruin your diet, but an extra 1000 on a binge eat due to hunger will! Also, check into "bulking" your shakes up, by adding pureed spinach, cauliflower, flax meal seed, and other low carb, high fiber veggies. If done right, you can't even taste it...although the look and smell is something else.

My favorite? 2 cups of chilled coffee, 2 cups of spinach, a pouch of WS dark chocolate shake, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 pack of sweetener....magic bullet here I come! Add ice and it is CRAZY filling! Like, can't finish it crazy filling!
  • Well I made it through day 1 without going off plan! Last night I had to talk myself down - I was about to go raid my daughter's little debbie stash {again}.

Struggling to get my dairy in - I need to get some FF milk & use it to make the JM shake I think to just get that out of the way.

I'll check out the IP thread - I looked at that plan a bit & it is just enough different to confuse me lol.
  • Day 2 done, 90% on plan. Went a little high in calories & carbs, but otherwise okay. Wasn't as hungry today except after my lunch was was still wanting something, so I went ahead & ate my afternoon snack.

FWIW, the Perfect Fit cookies that I posted about as being identical to WS Snack bars are pretty good. The chocolate chip is better than the White Chocolate macadamia nut though. The Chocolate Chip almost tastes like a chewy chipsahoy, but has a powdery aftertaste. They also have Peanut Butter ones but can't speak as to those as I'm allergic.

I posted in the IP daily thread & pretty much got ignored, so think I will stick around here even if it's not that busy.
  • LOL, that's fine. It was just an idea. I wasn't sure how active it was, but I know I had read up on it a lot there at one time. I never could stomach the Perfect Fit cookies. But, I HAVE found alternative recipies to make my own stuff...sometimes using protein packets...and sometimes not.

What are you trying to stick to with calories/carbs/protein/fats, if I may ask?
  • Finally a forum for Wonderslim!!! lol I get my first shipment tomorrow. I am so excited. I have a lot of weight to lose but I am so tired of being over weight I am ready for the challenge. I need so much motivation but I am so willing to give it in return.
  • I'm trying to stay between 1200-1500 cal, 120-165g protein, 120-150g Carbs, and around 25g fat. More towards the lower end of that.

Today was a bust. Started off okay, but then I got stuck away from home for 4 hours due to a massive rain storm. When I got home I was super super hungry - ate my lunch with extra meat / protein since I missed my morning shake & fruit, then snack, then plowed my way through an entire bag of Pirates Booty chips & a box of little debbies. And I'm still hungry.

I think I am going to take a couple of days & eat up all the trigger foods I have at home. Then hop back on WS.
  • Wonderslim Meal Modification
    I'm new to this site, and this is my first post, so I hope I'm posting in the right place..

I'm thinking about doing a liquid diet, and so far WonderSlim seems to be the best product for me. However, I want to make modifications to my meal plan, and I hoping for some advice and opinions from others!

This is the meal plan:
    Shake One at 2:30
    Shake Two at 5:00
    400 Calorie Dinner at 8:00
    2 Liters of water daily

I know this is really restrictive, but I wouldn't be using this meal plan for longer than two months. I was on hCG a month ago, consuming 500 calories a day, and I had no problems with the low calories. I lost 15lbs in a month!
  • Getting my order on Saturday, starting on Sunday. Can't wait!
  • Starting today!
  • Just had the Mocha Cream shake. I can't believe how good it is! I am glad that I picked it as my first WonderSlim meal.
  • Quote: I'm new to this site, and this is my first post, so I hope I'm posting in the right place..

I'm thinking about doing a liquid diet, and so far WonderSlim seems to be the best product for me. However, I want to make modifications to my meal plan, and I hoping for some advice and opinions from others!

This is the meal plan:
    Shake One at 2:30
    Shake Two at 5:00
    400 Calorie Dinner at 8:00
    2 Liters of water daily

I know this is really restrictive, but I wouldn't be using this meal plan for longer than two months. I was on hCG a month ago, consuming 500 calories a day, and I had no problems with the low calories. I lost 15lbs in a month!

Make sure, if you are doing this, to get greens/veggies in. like snack on broccoli or celery or lettuce or kale or something.

600 calories a day is VERY restrictive, and if you don't have a doctor monitoring you, it can create health issues. A couple of days here or there won't have any lasting health effects, but substaining it for any length of time, even two months, can cause problems to your heart, lungs, kidney, gallbladder, liver, metabolism, mental health, insulin levels, and so on. Even the smallest person, just to SURVIVE (this means all they do is sit or sleep all day and do NOTHING else) still needs a bare minimum of 800 calories. Factor in going to the bathroom, eating (yep, that burns calories!), going to work, driving, playing with kids, walking the dog, cooking dinner, and you will find you are starving yourself. Which means you will quickly gain that weight back when you go off plan...and it won't be just water weight. It will be fat as your body had just went through "starvation" and will quickly adapt to make up for any future "famines" it may find itself in. Unlike muscle mass, fat mass is bulky, so even if you only gain 5 pounds of the lost 15, you may appear and feel bigger as when your body is in starvation mode, it digests amino acids, which is only found in muscles and complex proteins. And since we can't pick and choose what muscles we want it to attack, it could very well go after your heart. It only takes 2-4 weeks for our bodies to adapt to changes...so two months can create havoc on your metabolism.

My advice? Get with your doctor and stay strictly monitored if you are going to eat less than 950 calories a day. The IP plan has members eating 3 packets a day, consuming 4 cups of veggies, and 6-8 ounces of lean meat. That puts them at roughly 850-950 calories a day. Just food for thought.
  • Day 2! I stayed on plan yesterday and I absolutely love everything I had from Wonderslim! Love the Spicey Cheese and Pasta. I just had the creamy peanut butter bar and it was awesome. Haven't gotten much exercise yet, but yesterday we cleaned the cellar which was a lot if up and down the stairs carrying heavy boxes, so I think that counts, and today I chased a student around the playground for a while. Tonight is salmon with some spinach.
    I have a question. How often do you all weigh yourselves? I tend to get obsessed with the scale, often weighing myself in the middle of the night if I get up for any reason. Then again when I get up in the morning.
    Do you weigh yourself everyday, or once a week?