Wonderslim 11

You're on Page 5 of 10
Go to
  • Hello all,
    well, I ordered my food last Thursday, and received it on Saturday! Unfortunately I won't be able to start the program until after the new year. We have a much loved family member (my brother-in-law) dying of cancer, and the entire family is gathering. I'm the only local family, and my sister needs me a lot right now. I'm already exhausted, and my neice and her hubby and 5-year-old son are arriving Dec 26. At least my work place is shutting down from Christmas to Jan 2, so I should be able to get a little down time to myself. After living alone for as long as I have I need some quiet time by myself. Life is difficult right now.
  • I may be running towards the WS program for some "normalcy"; but I think that's better than running towards food, as I so often do.
  • I just ordered my wonderslim and get it in jan 3, I did medifast 3 years ago and went from a size 18 to an 8 in 6 months, in the last 3 years I have 3 foot surgerys and have gained all my weight back, I tried restarting medifast but I think after doing it for 6 months that I am so burned out on the food, so I am going to try wonderslim, heard great reviews about the product compared to medifast and am excited to try it....one thing I liked about medifast was the support we had on their website and on facebook, wonderslim doesn't seem to have that, so I found this website....so I will be turning to you all for advice and support....cant wait to get started....heres to getting my size 8's back
    I just ordered my food and will be here jan 3 2014, I know this thread is old but im trying to navigate this site and im confused and lost, after spending a lot of time researching ws, this appears to be the only support system out there, their facebook has nothing compared to what you post, thank you ahead of time for putting the time into this. I want this to be successful and it seems this blog is the most support and you have good responses. I was on medifast 3 years ago and I went from an 18 to an 8 in like 6 months, I have had 3 foot surgerys since then and was house bound for months and just am 7 weeks post op from my last one, I have tried a couple times to restart medifast and I never make it through 2 days, I guess im burned out on the food, like I said earier I lost the mojo from it. So someone on facebook just started ws and had lost on mf also and she loves the food and is totally focused. so I ordered I figured its all new foods and maybe this will work, I feel the mojo coming with ws. so I will be looking at this site for support....I only ordered 2 weeks because I didn't want to be stuck with all this food, if I make it past the first week will order right away so I don't get stuck without meals...any good tips...oh by the way I didn't even order the bars, got the chips and pretzels, hoping the sodium from that doesn't ruin my first week
  • me too girl, I am switching to wonderslim and the one difference I miss is all the different sites to turn to with medifast was the many different places for support and questions and easy to get ways to deal with something you bought you end up not liking, Im excited to try wonderslim everyone says the food is better..i didn't mind mf food just got burned out...Im atleast greatful to find this site for some support, I think that is key
  • noz . I'll be sure to write a more detailed post to you once I have a kid in bed....but wanted to give you a warm welcome quickly
  • thank you, very excited.....
  • marking my spot...working on cutting out sugar, started yesterday...tomorrow I will hit wonderslim head on!
  • 4 oz of uncooked meat
    after going over the plan, im kind of nervous about the protein being so small for my lean and green, mf was 6 oz of cooked protein and ws is 4 oz of uncooked protein...I so hope that fills me up, I don't want to deviate from the diet because I ordered exactly like the plan, but was wondering does anyone only eat one wonderslim meal and hold the shake with the meal and add the extra protein for your meal...im thinking that having the 1200 calories a day is going to be faster weight loss than mf because mf had your body kind of in starvation mode with having 800 calories a day, sometimes I only got In 700 it all depended on what I ate for my lean and green...yesterday I started mf up, to use up the remainder of my food so I can just slide into wonderslim on jan 3 when it gets here and omg i was starving all day...and trying to get use to drinking all that water again...spent most my time in the bathroom....i know i will be fuller on ws because of the fact you are eating the shake with your meals....i wished i would have placed my order sooner for the wonderslim, i was waiting on a friend who started to see how she liked the food and to see what her loss was, two week down and she lost 10 pounds and she is only like 30 pounds overweight....very excited, i can feel my size 8 coming back on...hubby says if the food is good he is going to go on with me...he did mf and lost fast but he refuses to deal with all the gas that mf gives you...it will be so much easier having hubby on board
  • Greetings!!! :)
    Hello,

My name is Molly and I am VERY excited to be here. I am starting WS early next week and can barely wait. I have tried a gazillion diets and only lose a small amount, even after several months of trying. Ugh. I am hoping WS will be different.

I look forward to meeting all of you WonderSlimmers old and new.

~Molly
  • my food gets here jan 3, yep excited to start and meet new people here....guess we will be starting together molly
  • Quote: my food gets here jan 3, yep excited to start and meet new people here....guess we will be starting together molly
    Yes it does, Noz. I'm glad we can do this together!!! Oh, and I think I might indulge a bit over the next few days, as I don't plan to go OP once I start. It's going to be a loooooong road - but a good one.
  • Hello MissMolly and BetsyAnn

This thread might liven up again now that the holidays are over.

noz...the 4 ounces of protein is surprisingly filling if you stick to the plan. WS and MF use different proteins. MF is mostly soy whereas WS is mostly whey. That makes a difference in how full you fill and for how long. There are other factors as well, such as WS has you eating starches, dairy, and fruits. I personally omitted those carbs at first. When I get back on track tomorrow, I will likely add them back in though as I went from no activity to high activity and my muscles need fuel

You can split your proteins up. If you are not hungry come snack time, save the shake to have with your lean and green. Or...save your shake for another day and add 2-3 ounces of more lean protein and 1/2 cup of extra veggies.

I found, at first, I would be starving, but that went away after 3 days. In week 5 or 6, the amount WS had me eat was TOO MUCH! So I had to find a way around it. I added in intense exercise which increased my hunger and allowed me to get my needed calories plus some (I never ate back my calories, but ate the required amount for my BMR). I also found that sometimes, I just didn't want a shake or a snack bar, so I would make my own snacks of various recipes I researched online.

The beauty of WS is it is very flexible. If you look up the Ideal Protein threads, many people there use WS products and have a great many ideas on how to use the products in creative ways.

I have been on hiatus from dieting since August. I have not been OP with WS since then. I have not gained. I have lost, albeit slowly. I plan to get back OP on WS starting tomorrow and go until my supplies run out...so maybe two more months? But I LOVE this program. It taught me how to count calories, how to portion control, and how to "binge" within reason. I am 76 pounds lighter and still going down. WS is a GREAT tool, if used properly.

all....looking forward to your progress, updates, and accomplishment!
  • what does almond milk count as? your dairy serving? cant find it anyplace in information
  • almond milk will count as dairy, even though it technically is not.