Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #301  

Height: 5'6"

Cool

Thanks for the encouragement Irish!
Zoesmom, good luck with your goal!

As for myself I can't say that the past couple days have been 100% on plan. I am not going to make excuses but I knew I would have trouble starting this while my husband was at home. That is one of my habits that I am wanting to break with WS and that is to quit eating every time my husband wants to eat if I am not hungry and then also eating everything he eats and sometimes as much as he does! I wanted to start WS when he went back on the road which I thought was going to be Monday, then it was Tuesday and he ended up leaving this morning(Wednesday). I wanted to start when he wasn't home because then if I get in this groove of WS plan then maybe I can override my habits that I have when he is home. He will probably be gone for 12 to 14 days this time, so that gives me time to get a routine with WS going and then see some weightloss as a motivator to keep going when he is home. I say all this because every weight loss plan I have ever embarked on, I am awesome at it while I am home alone and then when he comes home it's like I live a completely different life and because we spend so much time apart I want to do EVERYTHING with him and that includes eating. It is going to be hard but that's another reason why I wanted to go with WS is because I want a better wt. loss per week than other plans so I can always see my progress faster and maybe, just maybe that will keep me on plan when he is home. I haven't really even told him I am doing this because I have tried and failed at so many other attempts at weight loss that I know he would just not believe I will follow through this time either. He supports me and is fine with me wanting to lose weight but I just don't think he believes me when I say this time I will do it. I've said it all before....I haven't told a single other person I know that I am doing this either for the same reasons. This is why I reached out to this forum. I want to talk about it with people who are experiencing the exact same thing as me on the same plan. No one else in my life is like me and they've all heard my plans before and seen me give up and fail. One day I will tell them what I did when the weight is gone.

Anyway, thanks for listening all. I am considering today as my first true WS on plan day. So far I like all the products I have tried except I didn't like the frosted chocolate chip cookie.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #302  
Awesome

S/C/G: 194.4/183.2/125

Height: 5'3"

Irish - Congrats on the run! I can't wait until I can start running more.

Zoesmom - Your progress is awesome! Good luck with your goal.

Irish and Zoesmom - I tried the fudge and I liked it. I'm a chocolate person, but I'll have to pick up the vanilla next if both of you like it better.

Nimblegranny - Congrats on the pants. It's like going shopping in your own closet.

Taebean - I know you can do it! The first couple days I had trouble not eating what my husband was, but like you said, once I got into the swing of it, it's gotten easier. And I think you wanting to inspire others is an awesome goal.

I've done really well this past week. Today's my 7th day and I am excited to weigh in tomorrow. I know even if I haven't lost much, I definitely don't feel as bloated. My dress pants for work were super tight, and now they're comfortable. So far I've enjoyed all the foods I've tried, but the shakes are my favorite by far.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #303  

Congrats on the comfy pants Tiff!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Tae - It takes time but you WILL overcome your obstacles if you keep with it. I went feeling food was the only way to be social or interact with others to the thought of food only being a requirement to live. I don't need to eat to be social. I need to be social and eat only when hungry. I was a good 5 months in before that hit me. Give it time. Have a shake instead of a bag of chips. Have some celery instead of the hot wings. Have a Morning Star hotdog instead of the Ball Park hotdog...and only have one. Make small minor adjustments as you go and slowly increase them. Don't try to do it all at once...that is a set up for feeling like a failure when you don't meet the standard you set yourself up for. It is all in the baby steps. It takes moving a pebble at a time to move a mountain. You'll be fine...just keep at it.

AND! I AM IN A NEW DECADE!!!!!!!!! 229 ON THE NOSE! The best part of coming out of a plateau...the "whoosh" that follows!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #305  

I want to take a moment and show acutal proof of averages. I just looked over my handy dandy spreadsheet that I keep where I log my daily and weekly weights. Mondays are my "official" days.

I hit a plateau that lasted roughly 4 weeks on 6/17. I was stuck at 236.7 to 236.9 the entire time. Then, on 7/10 I suddenly started dropping. Today, I am sitting at 229. So, in just 8 days, I have dropped roughly 8 pounds, or a pound a day. That does not mean this trend will continue...but it holds what I have said in the past about weight loss not being linear. Despite that I have lost such an massive weight in a short time, my weight loss still averages to roughly 2 pounds a week...and that is also despite my stalls. So...when you stall...keep going. I never said it would be easy. I said it would be worth it
Old 07-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #306  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

Zoesmom!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaeBean37 View Post
I wanted to start when he wasn't home because then if I get in this groove of WS plan then maybe I can override my habits that I have when he is home. He will probably be gone for 12 to 14 days this time, so that gives me time to get a routine with WS going and then see some weightloss as a motivator to keep going when he is home.
TaeBean, 12-14 days is a good stretch of time for you to log in some new behaviors and some weight loss success as well. Just keep doing it day by day and don't worry about the last time and the time before. This is a plan that works if you follow it, you can't miss. If you get hungry add a shake or even a bar. Read back over the past WS forums, there are lots of golden nuggets of advice about how to get creative with the packets and the flavors if you get bored. Personally, the more boring my food is the better. It's when I'm all excited about it that I get in trouble.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 242/210/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifftastic05 View Post
I tried the fudge and I liked it. I'm a chocolate person, but I'll have to pick up the vanilla next if both of you like it better.
I'm not a fan of the vanilla, think it has a nasty aftertaste. But I keep some around to use as creamer in my coffee, and to add fruit to when I want a smoothie. But I don't buy anything but mocha and dark cocoa anymore for shakes and puddings. They are yummy to me.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

TaeBean Don't think too far in advance. Concentrate on getting through today and tomorrow. You will get the hang of the WS program. Once you see the scale moving downward, you will not want to eat what your husband is eating.

As for the frosted chocolate chip cookie, I nuke mine. I save it for my after dinner desert. I have never been a desert eater, but on this program I am. So, what I do is I wait until about 8:00 P.M and than I place my cookie on a small saucer, put it in the microwave for 13 seconds, take it out and eat it with a fork! I know sounds weird, but this way I savor it. I like the chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies warmed up , better than out of the package.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #310  
Awesome

According to my phone last Thursday I weighed 194.4. This morning I weighed 189.2. I am excited!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #311  

Tiff - That is FANTASTIC! A 5.2 pound loss in a week is amazing! Kudos to you! Don't expect every week to be this awesome of a loss...but don't down play what you have accomplished in the same token. You rocked!

irish - AND WHY haven't you given me that heated cookie advise in the past? And here I thought you were my buddy o' friend o' pal Gonna have to try that tonight....

Tae - Nimble is right. 12-14 days will set you on a path that will start forming a habit. My doctor told me the hardest part is the first few days, then the first few weeks, but by week six or eight, a habit should formed, as that is the average time it takes us to form a habit. Be weary though...it only takes 48-72 hours to break a habit

Yesterday I had a wardrobe malfunction. A shirt I THOUGHT would be okay was WAY too big...in the shoulders. Down it went. So, I had to go shopping. ALL my clothes, aside from a few things I held onto through the years, are simply just too big! I started off in the plus section. After trying on 9 outfits, I finally gave up and went to the regular section. I felt SO out of place, being the largest one over there. But...after trying on a few outfits, I was surprised to learn...I CAN FIT IN THEM! It is the largest size they offer, but they fit! I am no longer considered PLUS!

Scale went down AGAIN! 228.5. Can hardly wait for my official weigh in on Monday! Going to be a HUGE loss week!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #312  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Congratulations Zoesmom! It is a very nice feeling to know that you are no longer considered a "plus size". I myself went from a size Large in blouses to a Medium. I felt like I was "normal" again. My pants went from an 18 to a 14 and I am getting ready to look at the size 12's. I haven't been that size since I was 28 years old. 25 years ago. When you see the clothes get smaller you know you are on the right track.

I like the chocolate chip cookies with icing just plain out of the package. I will have to try nuking them for a few seconds. Never thought of that. Not a fan of the oatmeal raisin ones though
Old 07-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #313  

Cool

Zoesmom you are doing awesome!!!!! And thank you again for the advice.

Also thank you to nimblegranny and irish, you are all being so helpful! Congrats again to tifftastic for more wt. loss.

This is why I reached out for advice, hoping to get great help from people like you. You are all right, I just need to keep my head up, looking forward, and take it one day, even one meal at a time. It's good advice we can all live by and I really appreciate the encouragement. Congrats to all on your victories and good luck to all on your next weigh ins.

As for the food update for me I don't like all the sweet stuff so often, so I am sending back alot of the shakes and puddings, the bars and the desserts in exchange for the non sweet stuff like the entrees and the omelette and soup meal replacers. All the non-sweet stuff I have really liked, like the spicy pasta, the tomato soup and the omelette. If I have to eat another one of those cookies I will gag (sorry Irish and punmama) heated or not. I really only like something sweet for breakfast and sometimes I want dessert and sometimes not. I think I will stick to it better this way. I should have thought about that when I ordered but I guess I didn't think having a shake or a cookie or a pudding that often would be that big of a deal but it is. I have always been one to choose chips over cookies. I have a salt tooth. So I have a few shakes and smoothies and puddings left for when I want something sweet and the cereals and oatmeals for breakfast and I will eat my sweets around my saltys instead of the other way around. I hope I am making sense!

Last edited by TaeBean37; 07-20-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #314  
Awesome

Thanks Zoesmom and Taebean. I know most of that was water, but I'll still excited about th motivation. I've still been doing well on the plan. I stole a recipe off a medifast board and made these delicious bagels with a tomato and vegetable cheese packets today. I put part of a laughing cow on top, yum!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (39.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #315  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifftastic05 View Post
Thanks Zoesmom and Taebean. I know most of that was water, but I'll still excited about th motivation. I've still been doing well on the plan. I stole a recipe off a medifast board and made these delicious bagels with a tomato and vegetable cheese packets today. I put part of a laughing cow on top, yum!
Post the recipe
Closed Thread