Wonderslim 10

You're on Page 28 of 29
Go to
  • New!!!
    So, I am new to this group. I was going to do medifast, but I am too poor, so I found wonderslim and everyone seemed to like it when I was looking at reviews. I am actually doing a hybrid wonderslim/grocery store shakes and bars. I looked up nutritional info and found some that were nearly identical, so here I am. I just had my 2nd baby 9 months ago. I did great during pregnancy and gained only 35 lbs (not bad considering my first was 55 lbs). Anyway, I went to the gym daily and was done 15 lbs after birth.

Well, I got to be the lucky one who gains weight while nursing, and if I cut calories my milk went to nothing. So here I am, 5 lbs OVER my highest pregnancy weight. My goal is to lose 60 lbs (probably not all on wonderslim, but I need a kickstart). Anyway, I get my stuff on Wednesday, so I am jumping the gun a bit with this post, but am excited to get going! I am glad I found a group to keep me accountable! I did HCG after my first and lost 25 lbs, so if I can do that, I am sure I can do this!
  • When you say HCG, do you mean those drops? I've heard a lot about them, but always figured it was some kind of scam due to the types of sites I was seeing and all of the spam emails I would get, lol.
  • I've been MIA too long...about a month now. For a couple of reasons. I hit my low of 228 and the very next day, I was on predisone and climbing upwards. I hate predisone. And then, I was in Michigan...in the land of cherries. I gorged on those babies. Oh, so sweet and tender and good. I landed a ten pound gain between the two. I refuse to acknowledge it on my ticker though. At least, for now. I am back down to 232, so I am hoping to hit 228 before the end of the month. Regardless, my ticker will be updated come September 1st. I refuse to kid myself past that date.

Anyways, that is my brief run down.

to the newbies on this forum

hi to all my friends that I have missed

And...how is everyone holding up??? Me, back on plan as of last week, the only problem being Sunday at my nephew's first birthday party. I had no packets, got hungry and well, I was weak and gorged. But will not allow it again. Nope, nope nope. I REFUSE to allow myself to ever slip to extremes again, so Sunday is my one allowed slip for the next six months...wonder where I will be then
  • Thanks to all for the warm welcome

Madicakes - Thank you for sharing your experience with not getting enough calories as well and what you did to get there.

I have to try something different as I have the sample wonderslim diet plan posted for me to view and while I look at it and say yeah I need to eat that or drink that shake, I just can't bring myself to do it because I am not hungry. I do keep track of all my calories going in and going out through Lose It and I take in about 850 calories a day and burn off about 500 a day at the gym, and am loosing nothing. I lost 5 pounds the first couple days and now nothing and here it is 2 weeks later.

Maybe I can find some more sample menus and see if they look more inviting or something I have 37 more pounds to lose, so I got a long way to go so I can't get discouraged just yet!

QUESTION: Does everyone that is doing WS only eat WS products or do you also incorporate regular low calorie food into your daily meals as well. ?? Keeping your calories, carbs, fats, and protein within a certain range?
  • etkids - welcome to the WS ordeal!

I started leaning towards the IP protocol (obviously different due to the fact I am under a doctor supervised plan that slightly varies) due to the same issue of JUST NOT HUNGRY!

I would have my shake for breakfast. Then I would have a lunch that was 2 cups of veggies and a snack bar. I would then have a shake for snack. Dinner was 6-8 ounces of protein and 2 cups of veggies. There ya go. Basically. I went from eating every 2-3 hours to every 3-4. It helped. A LOT. I suddenly wasn't force feeding myself and it suddenly became easier to stick with it.
  • Hi Everyone!
    I've been following this thread for a while and decided I would finally join! I don't do the WS plan, but I was on a diet that used most of the same products along the same guidelines. I'm here for encouragement to lose those last pounds and for support for maintaining and getting back on track after a binge.
  • Quote: etkids - welcome to the WS ordeal!

I started leaning towards the IP protocol (obviously different due to the fact I am under a doctor supervised plan that slightly varies) due to the same issue of JUST NOT HUNGRY!

I would have my shake for breakfast. Then I would have a lunch that was 2 cups of veggies and a snack bar. I would then have a shake for snack. Dinner was 6-8 ounces of protein and 2 cups of veggies. There ya go. Basically. I went from eating every 2-3 hours to every 3-4. It helped. A LOT. I suddenly wasn't force feeding myself and it suddenly became easier to stick with it.
    Thank you for your response and experience. I love hearing others experiences, struggles and successes What is the IP protocol?
    I am going to jot down your way of doing it and see if I can manage to get more food in.
  • etkids - HERE is the IP protocol (the IP folks probably have a much better understanding of it than I do and many of them use alternatives such as WS.) My doctor and I have a plan in place that closely mirrors it, but since I exercise, I can not follow it as I would never get enough calories. So, I have an altered plan based loosely off of it, but using WS items. I am SLOWLY being weaned of WS, but by slowly, I mean at least till the end of the year, if not longer

Anyways, here is sample day for me.

Breakfast: WS Banana Bread (If you want the recipe, let me know )
    Lunch: Low Sodium V8 (I didn't feel like cutting up veggies and I add some fiber to it) and a Caramel Pecan Butter bar
    Snack: EAS Carb AdvantEDGE vanilla shake
    Dinner: chicken, brocolli, large salad with 2 hard boiled eggs.

Total values for the day
    Calories: 1283
    Carbs: 85g
    Fiber: 15g
    Protein: 137g
    Fat: 42g
    Sodium: 1781

I would run 3 miles and burned roughly 379 calories, netting me roughly 904 calories for the day.
  • zoesmom, your plan sounds more my style... Thank you for sharing I am going to read up more on the IP protocol and give that a try as it doesn't seem like I am always having to eat..I would also love the WS Banana Bread recipe if you don't mind sharing.
  • Here you go. Stuff is tasty, tasty...AND FILLING! Makes ONE serving!!!

2 beaten egg whites
    1 Banana Pudding
    1 cup or more shredded zucchini
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp sweetener
    1 tsp or more cinnamon
    1/2 tsp or more cardamom
    1/4 teaspoon allspice
    1/4 - 1 tsp nutmeg
    Optional: 1 tsp Rum extract and/or vanilla extract

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 F
    1. Grate zucchini (I use 1/2 a large zucchini for about 1-1.5 cups). Use a paper towel to soak up the moisture/water from the zucchini.
    2. Dust the shredded zucchini with the various spices (cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg) and let sit for about 2 minutes.
    3. While waiting, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold a shape.
    4. Add in Banana pudding, baking powder, and sweetener. Blend.
    5. Add in zucchini and rum/vanilla extract if using and blend.
    6. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or other non-stick spray.
    7. Pour batter into muffin tins filling each 1/2 way up.
    8. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until top turns dark, but not burned. (Watch carefully).

NOTE: This "bread" will puff up gorgeously when baking, but will often deflate after taking from the oven. You can try cooking a bit longer or just enjoy the funny looking, but tasty treats as they fall.

This recipe will also work with Chocolate & Lemon IP Pudding.

Calories: 166
    Carbs: 16g
    Fiber: 3g
    Protein: 24g
    Fat: 3g
    Sodium: 296mg
  • Also...need to try this one, I have not yet, but I hear it is good, just add banana essence and some Spenda for a healthy banana bread.

Focaccia -Style Flax Bread

Ingredients:

* 2 cups flax seed meal
    * 1 Tablespoon baking powder
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1-2 Tablespoons sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener
    * 5 beaten eggs
    * 1/2 cup water
    * 1/3 cup oil

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.

1) Mix dry ingredients well -- a whisk works well.

2) Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.

3) Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.)

4) Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).

5) Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.

6) Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.

Nutritional Information:
    Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.
  • How's everyone doing....how did you survive the weekend?

and where oh where are my buddies!
  • Zoesmom,
    I am happy you are back. I also left the "building" for a while and now y pants are pretty tight. Back to WS for me. I am holding out to eat lunch until 1 PM so I am not hungry when I get home from work.

Now we all have finished our "lost weekends" we can come back to a plan that works and doesn't make you feel like crap.
  • Hey everyone! I've been letting school and work stress get to me, so I took a week or so off wonderslim, and I've just been holding at 182. I definitely have less energy and don't feel as good as I did when I was following plan. Planning on doing a shake day tomorrow and jump back into it.

Thanks for the recipes Zoesmom!
  • HI punmama and Tiff!

Yepper - I am back! Officially off the predisone and officially back at peak (okay, close enough to peak) with my O2 sats that I can exercise again. I put on some weight when I had my ARDS flair up, so I am working on getting rid of that again, mostly steroid weight. I am close to my "low" again but refuse to touch my ticker until 8/31. I'll update then, whether or not it is up or down.

I am running full force....I WANT another baby...but REFUSE to try until I am at least less than 200 and with hubby just now turning 38 and giving me a cut off when he turns 40...oh lord I need to bust serious arse!!!! So, expect me here... A LOT! You might get sick of me

Glad you ladies are back....hope you can get back on track. Falling off and restarting is harder than simply just starting...at least for me. Hang in there...we can so do this!