Optifast. Oh, it works.

You're on Page 9 of 33
Go to
  • diyanna,
    Good for you!! ... It sounds like you're made a well thought out, wise decision.

Fawks,
    What has been the reaction to your funky new hair color? You have me thinking about what reward I want when I drop below 200. At the moment I'm thinking a professional foot rub. woot!

On Friday I start 5 days of transition to full fast! Yay!
  • LOVE reading the success stories! I weighed in last night with a loss of 41.8lbs total - - LOVE Optifast.

If you follow the program, it works. Biggest thing is to stick with it!!!
  • starlight everyone so far has LOVED it... Well my grandma told me to wash it out.. but she giggled too so I'm going to say she secretly likes it :P

But seriously, the response has been overwhelmingly positive and I'm so happy I did it!

A foot rub sounds AWESOME! Now you've got me wanting one haha
  • Down a total of 44.4 pounds... I weighed in this morning at 201.4. I am so close to Onederland I can taste it!

On another note, I'm in heaven right now. I'm way more of a savory eater rather than sweets, so at night when my cravings are at an all time high, I yearn for something like a burger. No, I haven't cheated, but I discovered that I can make a pseudo-soup with chicken and beef bouillon. Add a little spices here and there, warm it up in the microwave... omg. Lifesaver.
  • WOOHOO! Floralshorts I am so excited for you! I bet you will hit Onederland next week! I am both so happy and so jealous lol....my little green monster is doing a happy dance for you

PS You need to update your tracker! You are not 209lbs anymore!!!
  • Fawks,
    Your grandma sounds cute, giggling at you like that.

Floralshorts,
    Awesome on that 44.4 lbs loss! That's just amazing!!
    I can't wait to get that close to Onderland!!

Today I started the transition to full fast with 2 prescribed meals and 3 shakes. I thought I had to do transition for only 5 days but I was mistaken, it's 11 days. I'm feeling a bit impatient/frustrated about that but I'll do as I'm told.
  • Congrats, FloralShorts!! I'm so excited for you!!
  • Hi there - I hope it's okay if I join?

I am on Week 2 of the Optifast programme hosted by my large teaching hospital. It's a great programme, with weekly 3 hour learning sessions that are mandatory. We talk to nutritionists, behavourists, and physicians, etc.

So far, last night was my first weigh-in, and I am down 6lbs for week 1.

Gonna be honest, it's 'that time of month' starting right now, and I have a feeling that I am not going to lose much this week.

All that being said, I did Optifast about 9 months ago and dropped 30 lbs. (and then slowly gained some of that back) And I did that on my own, with out the support I have on the programme. So... I am pretty optimistic about this!

I am so thrilled to have found this thread with you other Optifasters!! (And, I see, a Canadian or two as well!)
  • Hi Goddess, and of course you can join this thread!
    I'm sure you're going to do very well on Optifast since you have been successful before and have learned what not to do.
    I'm in transition to full fast and it seems like I'm eating too much!
  • Interesting, we never did a transition to fast per se; the week before we started the fast, we were encouraged to go down to a 1200 calorie a day diet, but this was more to ensure we didn't get into the fatalistic "OMG I will never eat again! Must stuff myself with junk!" last-meal mindset ;-)

How does everyone find weekends? They are the hardest for me. At work, no problem, the shakes are SUPER handy for breakfast and lunch, then often I'll have one on the drive home.

But weekends? When I am used to ordering in chinese and pizza and watching movies and eating chips? *sigh* hahaha. Avoided the pizza the family ordered last night, and avoided goodies at the movie theatre today. What a pain in the arse. hahahah
  • Thanks for your continuing support, guys. I'm very excited. The past two days I've weighed in it says I'm up about a pound... clearly that is water weight as I haven't cheated. I'm starting to wonder if maybe the bouillon made me retain extra water... hmm.

Only 58 days until my Europe vacation... I ordered some shorts today on American Eagle and I'm pretty freaking excited about them. *___* I can fit into size 10 AE jeggings now - hoping to fit into size 8 jeggings by the time I leave.
  • Hi Goddess! Yes weekends definitely have been the most difficult days for me...that is until school got out (I am a school psychologist and so am now on summer break). Now every day presents a challenge. I have found though that sticking to my schedule of shakes and trying to make them as enticing as possible (like whirring chocolate powder, 6oz of cold coffee, and a few ice cubes in a blender or mixing chocolate powder with 3/4 can of diet black cherry or cream soda and freezing like a granita) are certainly helpful. Also, I just try to stay busy - exercise, playing with the kids, going to the playground, or just taking time to read through magazines (mostly food-related, go figure!) that I had not been able to during the school year. Checking these forums also helps to keep me motivated! :-)

Best of luck!

I am finishing my 6th week today...weigh-in tomorrow...fingers crossed!
  • Well, I guess the bouillon didn't affect me since I weighed in this morning at 200.6 pounds! Only 0.8 pounds until Onederland! AHHHHH
  • YAY !!! OH fingers crossed Floralshorts!!!
  • I discovered something yummy~

cold concentrated decaf chai tea mixed with the vanilla shake!