Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #1  
KTB

S/C/G: 189/176.4/135

Height: 5'1

Default BistroMD Buddies 2013

I did not see a recent thread for BistroMD so I thought I would start one.

We have just started the program but are contributing our own snacks as we would like to make sure our daily intake includes fresh fruits and vegetables.

I've read the past threads for BMD on this forum and learned a lot. Is anyone currently doing BistroMD? I'd love to chat about it and support each other.
KTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #2  
KTB

Well if anyone happens on this thread, there is a BistroMD Facebook page and there is some chattering there.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #3  

Is it worth visiting? I mean in respects to what they talk about. Coupons? Recipes? Encouragement? etc.? I am pretty happy with the community here as everyone is super friendly and it feels like a closed community where a lot of us have really gotten to know each other or at least whom each other is. I honestly prefer that to a lot of strangers, but I'm never against meeting new people. :-)
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #4  

I am using BistroMD too. I started it 3 weeks ago. My husband is also doing it. So far, we love the food! I think the portions are really generous too. We are doing the 5 day plan with snacks.

My refridgerator is looking very bare now! It's nice to not have to grocery shop, prepare meals and do the cleanup. Also, we are eating so healthy now. I haven't weighed myself yet, I stay off of the scales as much as possible and use my clothes as more of a guideline. My husband is the opposite, he weighs himself every day and he has lost about 10lbs. since starting BistroMD. I think I'd like to lose about 40lbs.

Nice to see someone else doing this program!
indymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #5  
KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymama View Post
I am using BistroMD too. I started it 3 weeks ago. My husband is also doing it. So far, we love the food! I think the portions are really generous too. We are doing the 5 day plan with snacks.

My refridgerator is looking very bare now! It's nice to not have to grocery shop, prepare meals and do the cleanup. Also, we are eating so healthy now. I haven't weighed myself yet, I stay off of the scales as much as possible and use my clothes as more of a guideline. My husband is the opposite, he weighs himself every day and he has lost about 10lbs. since starting BistroMD. I think I'd like to lose about 40lbs.

Nice to see someone else doing this program!
So happy to see someone else is doing bMD. My husband and I are doing the 7 day plan without snacks, but I think eventually we will move to the 5 day plan. We are both looking to lose 40-50lbs. Just got our 2nd box of food today and it's even more appealing than last week, as they took our preferences into account. I'm like your husband, I weigh everyday.

What are you doing with the big styrofoam coolers? I feel bad about them, to be honest.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #6  
KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyFatFat View Post
Is it worth visiting? I mean in respects to what they talk about. Coupons? Recipes? Encouragement? etc.? I am pretty happy with the community here as everyone is super friendly and it feels like a closed community where a lot of us have really gotten to know each other or at least whom each other is. I honestly prefer that to a lot of strangers, but I'm never against meeting new people. :-)
Hi FattyFatFat,

Right now the Facebook bMD group seems to be a bunch of regulars with new people popping in to ask questions. They have been very welcoming and encouraging to me, but it isn't as active as I would like. Given that there really isn't an active BistroMD thread here, I don't have much choice. The FB page is sponsored by bMD so they do list contests often (free meals for a month or week), success stories, articles, new meals, and inspirational quotes.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTB View Post
So happy to see someone else is doing bMD. My husband and I are doing the 7 day plan without snacks, but I think eventually we will move to the 5 day plan. We are both looking to lose 40-50lbs. Just got our 2nd box of food today and it's even more appealing than last week, as they took our preferences into account. I'm like your husband, I weigh everyday.

What are you doing with the big styrofoam coolers? I feel bad about them, to be honest.
Good morning! I love that my husband is doing the same program, don't you?

I want to lose around 40lbs too. My husband wants to lose around 60. I'm going to get brave and get on the scale, but not for awhile. I guess I have a fear of that darn thing!

Oh yes, the food is SO good! I think the portions are great. I would have loved to do the 7 day program but, there always seems to be a few nights every week where we'll have to dine outside of the home.

My husband takes those coolers to his workplace. I'm not sure what they are doing with them, but yes, I hope they get reused too.

Do you get your meals on the same day every week? I have received mine on Tuesday, Wednesday and the first time was a Thursday. I think I'll be getting mine on Tuesdays, if the weather doesn't slow down the truck.

I'm going to fix my lunch in a few minutes. It looks really good!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #8  
KTB

It really is so helpful to be in the same mindset. I am glad my husband is ok with bMD too!

The first week we received our food on a Thursday, but I was told it was delayed due to the MLK holiday. This week it arrived on a Wednesday.

The more I think about it, I know we will be moving to the 5 day a week plan at some point. The 7 day plan is definitely good to start, but it will eventually feel very restricting. I'd like to lose quite a bit before we make that change though!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #9  

I really do enjoy those days off of the program. We try to do a Wednesday and then a Saturday off, but if circumstances change, we can choose 2 different days.

We've been good on those days and I really do like having a few days to change things up a bit. We've always done the best with our diets when we had a free day every week. We've actually lost more consistantly if we kicked up the calories a bit for one of those days.

A few years ago we tried another home delivery program and it was not as good as this one. I was so bored with the meals and the portions were too small. However, my husband adds another snack or two every day to his Bistromd meals, which is fine. He has lost close to 10lbs in 3 weeks.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #10  
KTB

Just checking in, how is bMD doing for you?

We've had some issues with their online tools and such, but we are enjoying the food.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:04 PM   #11  
KTB

I really wish people were posting here. I feel that the Facebook group is only for supporters of BistroMD, and while we like the program overall, we have had some issues.