Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

WOOHOO!! A slow day for me at a mile leisurely walk and 15 minutes of strength training. And I am done for the day. I hit a sugar low today, so I decided to not push it too much given I am already on low cal/carb. So...all's good here.

Dinner was tarragon chicken salad...with WF Thousand Island...and apparently, tarragon chicken actually makes WF taste good! Fixing to clean up dinner mess and shower. Have a rocking night! (and wow, we need to look into closing this thread soon and starting a new one. We post a lot irish )
Old 05-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #422  

MY FLUFFY BUTT FINALLY WEIGHS LESS THAN MY HUUUUUUSBAND!!!

Happy Hump Day, Everyone!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 165/151/110

Good Morning everyone,
I am new to Wonder Slim. I have not ordered the 12 week weight loss program yet since I want to customize it to what I like. Any suggestions as to what is good and worth getting. I am 53 years old, single and have a tendency to not to stick to diets that much. I want to lose about 40lbs. It is nice to know that you guys are here for support.

Maria
Old 05-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #424  

S/C/G: 335/329/235

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by punmama View Post
Good Morning everyone,
I am new to Wonder Slim. I have not ordered the 12 week weight loss program yet since I want to customize it to what I like. Any suggestions as to what is good and worth getting. I am 53 years old, single and have a tendency to not to stick to diets that much. I want to lose about 40lbs. It is nice to know that you guys are here for support.

Maria
My ALL-TIME FAV is the Cocomint shakes! I crave these like crazy. I just make with chilled coffee and ice in a small personal blender!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #425  

punmama!

I'm going to cheat and link you to my post on reviews from a while ago on post #256. Granted, everyone's taste buds differ, so take that with a grain of salt.

Like you, I have a past habit of not sticking with diets, but really, WS has been insanely easy to stick to aside from a few days here or there. My cravings for junk have all but disappeared, I have retrained myself on my eating habits, I have kicked my food addiction, and I am living a much healthier and happier life.

I found that within a few weeks I started wanting to exercise, so I incorporated that into my routine. Surprisingly, I like it. Just be sure to lay low the first couple of weeks as your body adjusts to the decreased caloric intake prior to starting anything, if you so desire. After that, if you decide to exercise past a leisurely walk, make sure to add a shake in post work out to make up for burned calories....I personally like the EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shakes. But more on that another day!

Be prepared for the first couple days to SUCK! I am talking hunger pains, headaches, crabbiness, fatigue, and plain out misery. But after that, you will find that you are never hungry, have to "force" yourself to get your required caloreis (you need to really try to stay between 900-1200), and have more energy than you did prior. On those first few days, keep lettuce and celery near by when hunger pains kick in, as those are "free foods" and don't really count against you. If it gets to be too bad, add an extra shake into your day. 100 extra calories is a LOT better than 500-1000 binge calories.

You can do this...and we are excited to have you along!

Last edited by zoesmom; 05-08-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #426  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbmonster View Post
My ALL-TIME FAV is the Cocomint shakes! I crave these like crazy. I just make with chilled coffee and ice in a small personal blender!
^^^^THIS^^^^

I find I also like to take the cocomint and turn it into hot cocca...to me, it tastes better than the one that is supposed to be used for hot cocca. I like the coffee one too...but for that, I prefer the hazelnut.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #427  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Congratulations fluffy butt !!!!

punmama Glad you are joining us. Don't worry about age, I am going to be 62 soon

I will be back later, I have to go mow the lawn, while I am in the mood.

Last edited by irish51; 05-08-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #428  

Thank you all for your warm welcome and tips. Wonder Slim sounds really easy so I know I will do it. I appreciate all of you very much. Since I work full time I like the idea that everything is portable and easy to make at work.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #429  

S/C/G: 335/329/235

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
^^^^THIS^^^^

I find I also like to take the cocomint and turn it into hot cocca...to me, it tastes better than the one that is supposed to be used for hot cocca. I like the coffee one too...but for that, I prefer the hazelnut.
I haven't tried them hot yet! Sounds delish!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #430  

punmama - I keep a packet of vanilla on me at all times (I suggest you do the same, any packet will suffice, you know, for emergencies or even bad days.) I use my vanilla to "spice up" my diet root beer...oh lordie is it good! Granted, the vanilla is fairly meh, but mixed with soda, it rocks. And I hardly ever have a soda. But it is there when I do want one! And it helps me on my off days. I also keep a soup packet on me, in case I am out longer than I intended, so I am not tempted with that burger from the closest fast food joint. Just swing into a gas station, fill up a small cup with hot water, and voila! Instant meal and no cheating! I hope this works for you....I know it has helped me!

carbmonster - oh the things you can do with these packets! Most of them, I have found new and exciting ways to "doctor" them so I don't get burned out. (The exception is that horrible cake...GAG!) Putting 1/2 teaspoon of flavor extract in shakes, making the vanilla then setting it in the freezer and stirring every 10 minutes until it gets "ice creammy" then adding some WF choc syurp on top, making muffins, making "fried" okra with the Sour Cream O's...you name it. SO many ways to spice the products up...get creative, it is amazingly fun!

irish - dropped again! WOOHOO! 244.6 as of this morning! Leaving my hubby in my dust!
Old 05-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #431  

zoesmom- I work in Manhattan so I can put a stash of things in my desk drawers. I have a Magic Bullet at my desk too. What you said to carbmonster is great advice for anyone. I was hoping the chocolate cake was decent since I am a chocoholic. I will try it though and doctor it up a bit. Haven't ordered anything yet but did look at the list that you had of the items and your thoughts on them. I will base some of my ordering on that. I was on the New Lifestyle Diet a few years ago so I know what the mixes and bars taste like but there are new ones out there now.

I am hapy that you dropped again too. Keep it up!!

Maria
Old 05-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Quote:
irish - dropped again! WOOHOO! 244.6 as of this morning! Leaving my hubby in my dust!
Good for you! You are doing great!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #433  

I have a question about chewing gum. Is there any brand or type of sugarless gum that you can chew on this plan? I IMed a rep. who told me that the gum has to have 0 carbs. The ones that I see have 2 carbs. She said that then it is allowed as long as yo chew one piece a day. I chew gum to avoid eating other things and I can chew a pack a day. I would appreciate it if anyone has any insight to what gum would be good. Thanks.
Maria
Old 05-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #434  

I chew gum all day every day...I never looked at the carbs, but I know that pretty much anything that says 0 carbs just means that it is less than 1 (no requirement to list anything .99 or below), which means with a 20 pack, I could easily be getting 0 carbs or 19.8 grams. I am not picky about which gum I chew, and I have seen losses. My losses are slower than average, but that is because I exercise, sometimes a lot more than I really should, and that slows everything down a bit. If you are really concerned, you can omit the 1 ounce of starch or the daily fruit or the milk. Many WS have done omitted one or all, depending on individual tolerances to carbs. I happen to be in the all category since carbs REALLY freaking like me (and my doctor told me too.)
Old 05-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #435  
Nutrisystem

S/C/G: 191/191/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Hello,

Wondering if I can join your group. I am starting Wonderslim this Monday. I just got my package. I like you all have been on every diet known to man. With approval I got from my doctor, he even said I can wipe out my type II diabetes. I feel really good about this and my husband is going to be a great coach too. Thanks, Melanie....And I will be tell you all about my progress.
Closed Thread