Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #331  

Thanks irish51. The lemon pudding from BW was awful! I gagged. The bar, BW, which i know i should not have but I did, chocolate caramel...very creamy was terrific. I was planning to have no bars today. Tomorrow I weigh myself after one week.

The choco-chip and strawberry BW were ok, marshmallows were crunchy.

I know my mistakes that made me gain weight back. I didn't follow through on a maintenance plan. Big mistake. I really hate depriving myself but that is the only way I can lose weight. I eliminated Type 2 diabetes, on no meds, was on Byetta. But if I don't lose 20#, I could be at risk again. Last time it took me six months to go from 185 to 136 @ 5'8". I cheated a little, but worked out hard in the gym. But I did cheat. That is my downfall.

On my way to my goal of 136...

ETA...I weigh myself once a week for my own sanity sake. High protein makes me awful constipated, I feel awful!

Last edited by CosmosHuman; 03-22-2013 at 02:32 PM. Reason: more content added.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Hoping for a good weigh in on Sunday.

I had the baby, Thursday, Friday, and today, between carrying him around (19 lbs) playing with him on the floor, and working out after he was picked up...that 1 pound better be gone!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I gots me my 40 pound reward today....my treat was a mani/pedi! SO CUTE! Oh..and I am working on my daughter's fondant figurines for her Snow White cake (they need to dry, so doing them about a week in advance.) Even though I really ought not, once I have the entire thing assembled next week, cake and all, I am so posting a picture to show it off. Probably going to be my most elaborate work yet.

Hope all is going well with everyone else!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #334  

Down -1 lb. same pound I have been playing

with the past week.

Last edited by irish51; 03-25-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #335  
WonderSlim Rookie

S/C/G: 181/181/126

Smile New to WonderSlim and 3FC forum

I received a catalog in the mail for WonderSlim today and came across these forums in my search for stories from real people who are on it. I'm so glad I found you all!

I ordered a 12 week plan tonight after reading y'all's posts. I figured if I didn't commit fully, it would be too easy to give up. At 49, I've had 3 well-fed pregnancies, and I've tried every diet out there.

From phen-fen back when it was considered safe, to Medifast, Nutrisystem, Weight Watchers, and every new diet book that came out on Amazon.

The result has been years of yo-yo dieting. It wasn't until my late 30s that my weight affected my health. Arthritis in both knees became bothersome, but not enough to keep me away from my love of food.

Fast forward 15 years and that bothersome arthritis is now crippling. Half the arthritic drugs I've been on have been recalled.

I've had a knee replacement, ands no mater what anyone tells you...sawing out 1/3 of your leg and replacing it with an artificial joint is never, ever the same as the real bone and joint you were born with. The recovery was long, and two years later I am still considered disabled. At 49...all caused by food.

I refuse it get the second knee done even though the orthopedic doctor is pushing for it. I am tired of pain, and the physical limitations it brings. I'm tired of taking medications that ease the symptoms but don't help the problem.

When I am thin, my knees feel great. When I'm thin, the immense pressure on them is off and the pain is gone. I need to lose weight one last time and then maintain it for life.

I have a soon to be 2 year old granddaughter I want to keep up with and a brand new baby grandson, and I'd love to visit my son and his wife more often to see the grand kids.

I also have a 23 year old daughter I love to shop with but have to stop because of the excruciating pain. My 15 year old would love for me to be able to go out more and enjoy pain-free outings.

Food is my problem, but I realize its also my cure. Thanks to you all and your honest updates about the program, I believe I have hope now.

I will post when I get my shipment and the day I start. I feel blessed to have found such a wonderful group to do this with. Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

Last edited by Nana Sophie; 03-26-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 AM   #336  

Ah yes...knee surgery. Never had a part removed, but I've certainly have had the wonderful pin. One of the reasons I ballooned was becasue of constant knee pain, so I get exactly where you are coming from. Did you know, that each pound you have on your frame, adds 4 pounds of pressure to each knee, on average? That adds up quickly.

Alright, as for WS...think of it as a tool. It isn't that much different than all the other diets (although tastes a heck of a lot better than most I have tried.) As with all diets, it is the best one out there, it is the worst one out there. Pretty much, it depends on your personal will power and follow through. If you cheat, the scale is going to tell you.

WS works best if exercise is NOT involved, at least for the first several weeks. Afterwards, you will likely find you want to exercise as you start dropping pounds. If you do so, keep exercise to about 45 minutes a day and grab an extra 100-200 calories a day (and EAS CarbAdvantEDGE shake is JUST right.) You can start small, yoga, walking, swimming. I started barely able to walk to my car and now I can spend a good hour doing very active cardio and weight lifting, it just takes time and effort.

With WS, you will want to eat between 900-1200 calories a day. Get a LoseIt! account or a My Fitness Pal account and track every calorie you eat. This will help you when it is time to come off WS and go back to real food. If you start from day one tracking everything, you will have it engrained to continue to track when you reach goal. It sets a healthy habit and will make it less likely for you to regain. Again, WS is just a tool to help you change your life style. No one wants to be on it forever.

The first week, you will lose a nice little amount, most of it water weight. After that, I have found my average is 2-4 pounds a week. That being said, some weeks I have no lose, some weeks I have a gain, some weeks I plateau (irish-looks like you found my plateau I just got out of by the way. Opps.) But in the grand scheme of everything, once it is all added up and divided, it averages to 2-4.

For me, once I started WS, I realized I was addicted to food, something I never realized before. Over the past few months, I have been reteaching myself about food. I find that when I go out to eat, I immediately get a to go box and put half my food in it for later (aka husband's lunch the next day.) I find I can turn down candy (still have a bar sitting on my desk from Valentine's day, untouched) and I don't even dwell on it like I used to.) I find that greasy polish sausage turns my stomach now and I prefer to have the baked basalmic salmon over a bed of baby spinach instead. When you realize your problem areas, it is much easier to deal with them and lay them to rest. WS has helped me with that. Given that I have to eat several times a day and mostly I am limited, I have learned and am still learning my limits.

I go to a doctor to be monitored for my use of WS...many of us have found that we have to omit the fruit and starch each day to lose any weight, making up those lost calories with more veggies during the day. Occassionally, I allow myself one of those, but just as a heads up, if your body likes starches, you may have the same find.

The first three days SUCK. I am talking headaches, hunger, energy decreases, crabbiness, and it really feels rotten. Stick through those first few days, it is worth it. I have gotten to the point that I am breaming with energy and find it hard to eat all my food every day. You may get there too. Just make sure to EAT YOUR CALORIES! Weight stalls and weight gains are contributed by not eating enough or by eating too much. Such a weird balance we must adjust to.

Good luck and we are glad to have you here and look forward to seeing your progress!!

Speaking of progress, I had my 4 pound drop last week and now have been hanging on to 252. Hoping to see a budge in the next day or two. But at least I am down

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-26-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

Hello All....I'm Back....

I have been on a plateau since Oct and have now gotten the scale to move again so now I am back for the further support to get the ball rolling again.

I did learn one thing and that is through WS I have changed my eating habits and actually believe I have now learned the life style changes that will keep it off. Everyone that watches me eat says that they can't believe how little I eat and how I eat the right foods. I like the foods I eat and eat what I want, but in smaller amounts and use WS to make up the difference so that I can eat.

Hello to all of the new people. My, there are so many more here than when I was here last. Welcome to the journey and best support group.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #338  

Welcome Back Sally - glad to see your name again!

I agree 100% with you on healthier eating habits learned whilst on WS. I find I can go to McDonald's now and order just the grilled chicken wrap and be stuffed after just half of it, where as a year ago it would have taken a double quarter pounder and a large fry. And the difference I feel between the two foods is astonishing! I never realized just HOW GROSS I felt eating the bad stuff until I stopped eating it. Granted, I never liked McDonald's prior, but none the less, it was a good example.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 215/215/180

Height: 5'11"

Hello all! And welcome Sophie - nice to meet you! I just had my first cup of creamy chicken noodle soup and have to say it is one of my favorites. Hot stuff is just more satisfying to me. Everything has been good, though. The chili is just *eh* but better with some extra seasonings added. The bars are all delish, as are the shakes. The pretzels are amazing and I can see myself continuing to order them even after WS. I haven't tried the pancakes.

My daughter is on spring break this week and we spent the day shopping in Denver on Friday. I opted to have a non-WS day and boy did it bite me in the butt! I had a shake in the car on the way up, had a light salad with grilled chicken for lunch and fish with veg for dinner but was still up 2lbs the next day. My guess is salt. Stupid salt. So that ruined my weekly weigh-in... Now I'll have to wait until this weekend to see how I'm doing. I used to weigh daily, but that plays into the small part of my brain that houses the anorexia I had as a teenager so I have to be really careful with that. I've already started to feel happier about being under 1000 calories each day, and am tempted to play with that. This is where that stupid ana rears her ugly head... maybe I could just go down to 800... or 700... oh remember how good it feels to be under 500... and then once I get under 500 calories a day, my hormones go batty and the body dysmorphia kicks in. Gah! This is such a slippery slope. I've already damaged my metabolism SO MUCH by going down that road - I don't think I could handle doing it again. That's what I have to keep reminding myself.

Rant over. Hope you guys have a great day. I'm going to head to the office to get some work done!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #340  

zoesmom 4 happy dancers for your 4 lbs.
I am thrilled for you.

Nana Sophie We are glad you found us,also. Let us know when you receive your order and get started. We liked to hear which products others have tried and liked/disliked. Looking forward to reading your posts. (BTW isn't being a grandma the best?)

Sally welcome back. I understand plateaus...I've been kind of stuck

zgirl Well everyone here knows what happened on my non WS day (read pumpkin pancakes)so yep, hope your 2 lbs fall off faster than mine did.

My oldest son called me Sunday night. When he was in town 3/15, we had not seen each other since Christmas. Anyways, on the phone the other night, he mentioned he could not believe I wanted to lose another 20-25 lbs. I asked him why not, and he told me I was starting to look anorexic. I had to laugh and told him I have only lost about 8 lbs since Christmas,
must have been J. Michaels 30 Day Shred.
If you look at the charts for my height and small frame I should be 98-108 lbs....THAT is never going to happen. At my age, one good illness would wipe me out.

I went and saw my accountant today,taxes are filed and now I need to exercise.

Last edited by irish51; 03-26-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #341  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
Welcome Back Sally - glad to see your name again!

I agree 100% with you on healthier eating habits learned whilst on WS. I find I can go to McDonald's now and order just the grilled chicken wrap and be stuffed after just half of it, where as a year ago it would have taken a double quarter pounder and a large fry. And the difference I feel between the two foods is astonishing! I never realized just HOW GROSS I felt eating the bad stuff until I stopped eating it. Granted, I never liked McDonald's prior, but none the less, it was a good example.
LOL. Yeah definitely. I try to stay away from fast foods, but sometimes when your starving, that's all there is around. (How convenient... right!?) I generally stick to anything grilled, usually chicken since it's plentiful. Something about fish from a fast food place scares me... I don't know why, I just won't eat it, but chicken!?... all day!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #342  

zGirl21 - I understand entirely on your rant. One of the great things about coming here is we can rant when we feel overwhelmed, and not necessarily over our diets. I'll go into mine here in a moment.

Fatty - heh. Yeah. I grew up on the coast. Anything not within 2 feet of the ocean scares me when it comes to fish, so we won't even touch on fast food fish. Something about it moves from scary to nightmarish in my mind.

irish - bah. Go to a weight that makes you happy. And yes, 30DS WILL make you more slender. Everything I have found says I should be in a size 22 for my given weight/height but I comfortably fit in a size 18, all thanks to 30DS Keep going, that freaking pound will go somewhere sooner or later. I understand the plateau hurdle well. I was SO glad when I got past it, but it so sucks being in it.

Okay--I need to rant. About life. Not about my diet. That is going well, so no need to fix what is not currently broken. But GAH! Life!

I am very OCD. Have been my entire life. When I lived on my own, my house was pristine and perfect. Everything had a place. Everything faced a certain direction. Everything was wiped and dusted daily. Then I got pregnant.

LOVE my kid. But let's face it, OCD and kids mix as well as oil and water. I found myself taking prescription anxiety pills to alleviate my building pressure of not having control over the overwhelming mess that was accumulating in my house because of a baby/toddler. Then, this miraculous thing happened...my kid developed her own type of OCD. Don't get me wrong, it sucks dealing with someone else's OCD on top of my own, however, it makes life SO much easier when she insists on color coordinating her toys and picking them up every night. That started about 10 months ago, and I admit, I freaking love it. I hate the part where she gets into tantrums because I didn't do it JUST right, but in the grand scheme of things, it allows me to destress a tad.

At least, that was until I realized just how much of a slob my husband and roommate are. I have this slow pressure of anxiety building up. I have spent nearly 4 years in chaotic mess and I thought it was because of a toddler. I guess I never took much stock in the fact that everything I was cleaning up wasn't completely toddler related. I married my husband after my daughter was born, so I never lived with him until after she was born, so I guess I never really understood the full impact that his messy house would one day be my messy house. To top it off, we allowed a good friend who was down on his luck to move in with us to get himself back up on his feet. And he is flat out a slob (if I am gone for a weekend, I often come home to three day old Chinese food on my countertops.)

I try my best to keep my house clean. I really do. But one person up against two grown men and a toddler who has best intentions is not a task easily accomplished. I am not a stay at home mother, so my time is often limited. I get one room finished only to turn around and discover the rest of the house was destroyed in that hour it took me to deep clean that one room. I just can not keep up with the three of them.

A rational part of my brain keeps telling me that it really isn't all that bad. No funky smells, no trash laying everywhere, no cobwebs in the corners, no dust on the furniture, and what not....but the OCD part of me sees that the carpet wasn't vacuumed today, that the steam cleaner wasn't brought out in the last month, that the floor wasn't mopped yesterday after someone spilled some tea, that there are bread crumbs from a sandwhich on my counter top that someone neglected to wipe up after a midnight snack, and so on. It is literally driving me mad.

My roommate asked me a month ago if his boyfriend could come stay for two weeks at the first of April since they both have vacation time available but not the funds to go anywhere. I said yes, only if my house was DEEP cleaned and stayed that way. Hard enough to keep up with three other people much less add one more into the mix. He SWORE to me that it would be done.

Last night, I had a complete breakdown. Here I am, working on my daughter's cake (I have to bake and freeze so I can carve it up,) cleaning my dinning room, since it appears everyone forgets that this room exists, and I realize that neither my husband or my roommate have lifted finger one to help me and the boyfriend arrives in town this Friday. And the roommate swore to me he would do it, knowing dern well I don't take kindly to people I barely know in my house (I kind of suffer from paranoia and anxiety as well.)

I blew up at my husband, who really wasn't the one I was angry at, making it our second fight in our 8 year long relationship. I got down right nasty with him, before I busted into a fit of tears. I feel like I am doing it all alone. I mean, I am the only one that cleans. I am the only one that cooks. I am the only one that goes shopping. I am the only one who manages ALL doctor appointments for everyone (how did THAT land on my shoulders???) I manage all of the finances (guess that happens when you are in accounting). I have to always follow up on what my husband dresses my daughter in as he hasn't realized yet that shorts are not for winter. The only one that seems to remember that the kid needs a bath more than once a week. The only one who remembers the kid need to brush her teeth every morning and night. And the list goes on. I love my husband to pieces. I really do. And he is insanely smart. But he lacks a lot of common sense. A lot. And still in a lot of ways, tries to live life like a bacholer with a man cave (bacholer ways reside only in the housekeeping format.)

Anyways, I blew up at him, cried, guilted him into steam cleaning the living room, and then he proceeded to shut himself up inside the bedroom and not reemerge the rest of the night. When the roommate woke up (he works third shift) I was too drained to blow up at him, so I just mumbled something along the lines that I was disappointed that I am the only one deep cleaning for HIS boyfriend and then walked away to tuck my daughter into bed.

This morning, the roommate sent me a text message saying he was sorry to have let me down and he is going to tear through the house and scrub walls and what not. He "promised" me even. But that is another thing. His promises mean nothing to me. He's a good guy, but he isn't know for keeping his word. So I just broke down into tears, knowing dern well I am going to get home to him having moved furniture around to clean, but he decided he was tired and went to bed, the job only half way finished and stuff pulled out all over the place. That's his method. That's how he is.

I watch him get his 8 hours of sleep every day. I watch my husband get his 8 hours every day. Me? I am usually up until 1 or 2 in the morning trying to take care of everything, like lunches (seems once we got married my husband forgot how to do that) and cleaning and laundry. Its like it is assumed I have to do everything. And if I skip a day of doing that? God, it does get trashed. People forget where the clothes hamper is. People forget where the trash is. It is discouraging and disheartening. I've been trying to read a book since November. I love to read. But I spend so much time on everyone else doing what they should know to do but seem to forget, that I never have time for me. I get my 45 -60 minutes of exercise 3-4 days a week. That's my "me time". And when I get done, it looks like the place was left victim to a tornado they destroy it so fast.

I just...I just am so tired of running in these circles. I think I hit a snapping point. I need their help and I never complain. I ask for help occassionally, and it is pointless because I still never get it. I finally snap and my husband acts like I am a nagging she witch and my roommate acts like a scolded child. I just...I would like an hour to take a nice long bath. Or play a game. Or whatever. I spent this weekend doing laundry. They spent this weekend getting drunk and playing Rock Band (they don't get drunk often, maybe twice a year.) But...why can't I have a day too?

Thanks for the rant. Needed to get that off my chest. Sorry it was so long winded. I just...I just am at my wits ends right now, stressed, and freaking tired and worn out. I need a mommy/wife vacation for a few days...a girl's weekend or something. Haven't had one of those in a few years and I used to do them every other month. I guess I am just burnt out right now. But thanks for listening/reading. If anyone gets where I am coming from, I figure it would be someone here. I love them to pieces...I just need a break from them for a few days...without coming home to a disaster.

Last edited by zoesmom; 03-27-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #343  

zoemomLife can be really difficult at times. I think as women we try so hard to do everything ourselves, we sometimes forget we are not super woman.

Perhaps between the "diet", the death of your beloved Pappy, and trying to get things ready for Zoe birthday, it was time for a total meltdown. Remember it is okay to sit everyone in the house down (together, if possible) and ask for help.

I hope today is looking brighter for you.

Tweaking my program, again. Fingers crossed that this works!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #344  

Thanks irish - I really needed that.

This week has been...stressful. I think my doctor needs to adjust my meds. I usually am able to keep myself calm and in control, but here the past couple of months, it seems to be getting harder and harder. I suspect dropping weight may have something to do with that. Maybe I am metabolising my meds faster or something silly like that. I am just going too apey over such stupid stuff and my OCD has been flaring up like no tomorrow. Next appointment with my GP is in two weeks, so I guess I will bring it up then.

The stress of this week has so killed my weight loss. This morning, I was back up to 254.3 I haven't eaten bad, I've stayed on diet, so I don't get it. Not even TOM as far as I know (I haven't had a period in several years due to either weight or the IUD or both, so keeping track isn't always easy.) The only bad thing I did was last night. I made fried chicken for my daughter <GASP!> which, I want to point out, is only the third time in my life I have fried chicken. I hate fried foods. But, I had promised her she could pick a meal out since we won't be home today (SHE TURNS FOUR TODAY!!! ) She wanted fried chicken. Well. Okay then. I had ONE fried strip and even removed one shake to make up for the calories of the fried food. Still had a gain. Oh, and I took one bite of a sample cupcake to make sure I liked the new frosting I am using for her birthday cake (by the way, white chocolate buttercream frosting on dark chocolate cake is more than just tasty and turning down the rest of that cupcake was HARD.)

So...I had a two pound gain. I guess from stress. Can't be from one small chicken strip. I mean, come on...I've had worse and didn't gain an ounce...

To make matters worse, we are taking our daughter to Medieval Times tonight to celebrate her birthday. That means food, more food, and even more food. And with it being dinner and a show...and that they don't bring a box to you until AFTER the show...I am concerned I will mindlessly eat and put on even more pounds.

AND to add to that even...her actual party is on Sunday, so we have Eater dinner AND a birthday party that day. I am going to be up in the 260's again before the end of this weekend, I just know it.

Oh...and the roommate's boyfriend arrives tonight. And I am running low on anti-anxiety meds. It isn't that I don't like people. Quote the contrary. I love people. I am a people person. I just don't like people I barely know in my house when I am not there, especailly when my OCD is taking over my rational side of the brain.

Yeah. This week has been rough. So ready for it to be over. Maybe i'll call my doc to have my appointment bumped up. Oui...

Anyways...hope everyone is doing well. Hope everyone is having a wonderful OP day. And curious to hear how some of our newbies are doing....
Old 03-29-2013, 11:37 PM   #345  

I hope Zoe enjoyed Medieval Times, and had a fantastic 4th birthday!

So how did you do with the food tonight? Half the battle is being aware of what you are eating, and making the best choices on the menu. Earlier today, you were already thinking ahead about not being able to get a box during service and the menu. I am confident you did the best you could.

Temps were in the 50's today. I took the baby outside and let him walk around on the front sidewalk. So cute to watch him discover his shadow.

I don't know why, but I was sooooooo hungry today. Really weird for me. And I was craving junk food...I managed to resist. I don 't really keep any crap food in the house, but I know in the pantry are 2 unopened bags of nacho chips. I had bought them for when all the kids were here, unfortunately they never ate them, nor did I remember to send them home with one of them.

Guess I will grab a glass of water and go to bed, maybe I will forget about those stupid chips.

Last edited by irish51; 03-29-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Closed Thread