Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #151  

Thanks for the welcome and all your great information. Day one and two was a positive experience except for a brief period of dizziness in the afternoon of day one. Probably from the lack of sugar, I am guessing. Hoping this is the diet I need to get my butt in gear!
I love hearing about all your losses and struggles, makes it more real and gives me people to relate to.
If you are having a difficult day and are more hungry than usual, do you do an extra shake, snack, bar, meal, etc... ? At least on WW there were some "free" foods. With WS, I am not sure what to do.
Thanks!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5"

Great plan, Zoesmom....And great attitude!

I did great today, too. WS Dark Chocolate shake. WS chocolate/berries cereal with 2 oz 2% milk for breakfast, WS Chocolate snack bar for morning snack, WS Cheesesteak Macaroni & WS chocolate shake for lunch, Plum and WS chocolate shake for afternoon snack and dinner was 3 oz seasoned salmon, 2 servings of brussel sprouts/cheese sauce. small dinner roll with just a smidge of light butter. Desert will be WS cheese cake. It's already made and chillin' in the freezer.

Tomorrow is weigh in day so we will see how all this week has paid off! I stay on plan every day but went over about 120 calories yesterday...
Old 01-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

irish-great job doing an hour on the treadmill after two days of 30DS...I could barely get 20 minutes in! You rock!

nicoleigh - the first couple days are the worst as your body adjusts. Expect headaches, dizzy spells, and what not for the first 3 days or so. And then all is groovy and you won't even realize you dropped a significant amount of calories. If you are still hungry, have a shake. 100 calories are FAR better for you than binge eating on something far more caloric (which is what got us here in the first place) Or, you can eat all the lettuce you want...it is a free food all the way around. After the first week or so, you'll find you won't need that extra shake or what not...in fact, you will be forced to find the room to eat every 2-3 hours. Many times, I find I am just not hungry at all and push my meal off until my next scheduled time to eat. I try to always get my bare basic calories in, but I must admit, some days it just doesn't happen. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often.

audio-fingers are crossed to see what you come up with on weigh in! Good luck!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #154  

Awww zoesmom, you can do it! You just have to not think about it or measure in steps like 2 more minutes.... countdown then push for 1 more and keep doing it. You'll forget how long you've been on there eventually and who knows... might end up being an hour before you know!

One thing that always has helped me on the treadmill (walking anyways) is to listen to watch a movie or be reading a book. Running however, i listen to music cause I dont want to get too distracted and fall. Probably wouldn't happen, but would be quite embarassing to see my big behind flop to the ground and start rolling, lol.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #155  

FFF! - Haven't seen your name in a while HI! The problem wasn't the working out. I can do that, and I agree, distractions are the BEST way to push through. The problem was I had done two days back to back of 30DS with a bad left knee and still recovering from yet another bout of lung problems thanks to my oh so wonderful asthma. I was beyond sore (to the point I couldn't even lift my left leg up to get in the shower last night) and I went into a fairly long asthma attack. I don't count last night as a failure. I count it as 20 minutes of my life imporved. Not as long as I had hoped for, but it was better than nothing. Baby steps propel us forward!

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“The successful person has the habit of doing the things failures don’t like to do. They don’t like doing them either necessarily. But their disliking is subordinated to the strength of their purpose.” ~E. M. Gray
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Zoesmom, hope you are doing better tonight.

I did pretty well on plan today.

Breakfast:WS Pancakes w/sugar free syrup, 1 WS hazelnut shake.
snack: 1 very small apple
lunch: WSSpicy cheese pasta, 1 WS chocolate pudding
Snack: 1WSCreamy peanut butter bar
Dinner: WS veggie Joe on high fiber taco shell w/ 2 tblspn cheddar cheese,1tblspn taco sauce,and red cabbage,
Desert: WS oatmeal cookie w/icing

L1D3 of 30DS. 20 very painful minutes
Treadmill. 30 minutes
Snow shoveling. 20 minutes (not a lot of snow,but yesterday it was 60 and rain. I wanted to get all the water off the driveway and sidewalks...tomorrow is suppose to be a high of 11 degrees)

Last edited by irish51; 01-30-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Height: 5'5

You ladies are doing really well I haven't stopped in a couple weeks but I'm still keeping at it. Hope to make my next mini goal by the end of March.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #158  

How is everyone doing today?

It is very cold here, so I spent the day in the house doing all the fun things...changing linens, doing laundry,and cleaning house.

I did workout this afternoon. Day 4 level 1 of 30 Day Shred.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #159  

Dang irish, you cut me no slack...I was considering not doing day 4...but now I have to!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #160  

zoesmom.

It's getting a little easier,right? I am not sore this morning

Last edited by irish51; 02-01-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: cause my fingers are not working today
Old 02-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #161  

Heck yes it is! I still can't get through the bicycle crunches 100% but I am getting closer and closer to getting them. I was in absolute agony last night after I finished D4L1. But today...man...today I feel the best I have in YEARS! No joint pain or ANYTHING (outside of my left knee, but it ALWAYS hurts, so nothing new there ...the joys of reconstructive surgry.)

And last night, I convinced my almost 4 year old to "mimic" me (mainly so she'd stay out of my way and not get hurt.) And immidately regretted it. Dang kid has six pack abs. Literally. Since the day she was born. And she has muscle popping everywhere. Seriously. When she insists on standing on my scale, it ranks her body fat at 5-6%. Anyways. So, here I am breathing hard, working up a sweat, grunting, and straining and I look over and see this kid mimicing Jillian perfectly and proclaiming so proudly, "Look Mommy! This is so fun and easy! I like excercise!" Fun??? EASY??? I could barely stand up! But, at least I can take solice in the fact that as of right now, I have an amazingly healthy child.

I found a couple of great reads this morning on why we have problems losing weight. One is regarding how long we must wait to see any results worth a flip. The other is why we have a hard time losing weight. This leads me to my...

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” ~Mike Murdock
Old 02-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #162  

I uhm....have gained a couple of pounds. Not my official weigh in, but I am at 261 instead to my 259 earlier this week. It's because of last night.

While on WS, I discovered I am addicted to food. I've been working on that aspect and have come amazingly far...I can turn down just about everything now, and if I can't, I only take one to two bites....literally. That is a huge accomplishment for me.

Last night I learned I am also an emotional eater. I got a call that pretty much just destroyed my will power. My pappy had a massive stroke and they don't know if he is going to make it.

I grew up in a pretty messed up family. My dad moved us across the country from the only people we knew to Georgia. That is where dad's family was from....and there were only three people I could count on to "keep me safe" from the insanity and abuse in this "new world". Thankfully one is my mom and she's still around. One was my great granny, and it killed me when we put her in the ground back in 2001. She didn't do much, she was too feeble. But she would sit, listen, and give you tons of hugs and later yell at dad. And then there was Pappy.

My real dad was a real piece of....to be polite...work. Everyone knew it. Thankfully he was hardly ever home. But when he was, things were not pretty. Mom filed for divorce so many times, but he would always wear her down and she'd drop the suit. So it got to the point, when dad was home, I wasn't. I was running away, lying, pretty much doing anything to stay away from home.

Pappy knew the situation, but unless someone reported my dad, there was nothing he could do. When you are a kid and you hear the phrase, "If you think this is abuse, call the cops. When I get out, you;ll learn what real abuse is," you tend not to make calls. Amazing what a power fear can be. In any case, Pappy was an ex-Navy SEAL and a cop. Huge man. 6 foot 7 and pure muscle. You don't mess with him. He was my dad's dad.

When Pappy first heard through the grape vine what was happening he high tailed it over to the house. He didn't argue. He didn't threaten. He didn't say a word. He looked at my dad and shook his head is disappointment, grab my sister's hand and mine, put us in the back of his patrol car, and left. Later that day, dad came over to claim us. The confrontation was outside. My dad did all the name calling and yelling. Pappy was cool, calm and collected when he told my dad that legally, there was nothing he could do to dad because he physically did not see the abuse and someone who had needed to report him, but to leave right then and there because morally, dad would not survive the day if he didn't. That day, Pappy's house became a safe haven.

Through the years, Pappy has been my go to place when things get to tough. He was always there. He was my rock, my comfort, my safety. When that call came in last night...the man who stood up to the biggest monster in my closet and defeated it...the man who can't be move...my honest to God hero...I cannot explain the hurt in my heart right now. That call could have been about ANYONE else. But Pappy? MY Pappy?

Yeah, I am apparently an emotional eater...I can not think rationally long enough to realize I need to put the fork down. All I can think is my Pappy, even if he survives (odds are against him) will never be the man he once was again. And knowing him, that will kill him just as much as if he dies in the hospital over this. He is a strong man. But he is not strong enough to be weak.

Heading to the hospital today...I have never felt so alone, scared, or little as I do right now.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #163  

Default New Here

Hi everyone. I just started WS this week. Today is my 6th day. Not sure how much I am down cause I am the kind of person who only weighs in once a week. I had headaches for about 3 days. feeling better but still feeling a little weak. I want to be successful at this and plan to stick to this plan.

I am 48 years old and I am mom to 10 living children. My last child was stillborn over 4 years ago. I have been overweight most of my adult life, but after losing my daughter I got to my all time high! I now feel like it is time to take care of me and my health!

In the past I have done WW and South Beach Diet and a few others. I was somewhat successful but that was between pregnancies.

If you have any recommendations or suggestions I would love to hear them! Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Zoesmom-we are with you. I am sorry that you have this struggle to face.

I am still here and struggling but I am here and that is what counts....
Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #165  

Zoesmom, thank you for sharing your struggle and I'm sorry to hear about your Pappy. I'm hoping for the best for him.
Closed Thread