Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

I think this is close except a little higher:

800-1000 cal
<30 g fat
<100 g carbs
at least 70 grams of protein

Gives us a base... Lose it gives me 1600 calories.....
Old 01-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #17  

I HATE raisins but I have to admit the WS oatmeal raisin cookie isn't bad. My boss had a pot of soup on today and it even fit on my food plan, I had my WS foods for supper.

So far, I'm not hating this, will I really lose weight?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #18  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish51 View Post

When my husband passed away, I was doing WW, but I quit, because I had a difficult time being around crowds.That was almost 10 years ago. I have since joined and quit WW a couple more times,but it just did not seem to be working for me any more.
I'm sorry to hear what you have gone through.
I wanted to share that I have gone back to WW a couple of times and have not had any success either. ( back in my 20's I lost 50 lbs on their old program - the one with daily number of breads, dairy,fruit, etc) I think the points system is just too flexible and I could eat cereal all day if I chose to.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Deciding between MediFast & Wonderslim

Hi all. I was on the Medifast Diet about a year ago and did very well on it. I lost 45 lbs. My plan was to stay on it until I got down to my goal weight of 145, then switch over to WW. I didn’t quite get all the way to 145 and just couldn't make myself stay on MF any longer. I put about 10 lbs. back on and then tried Nutrisystem. I really didn't lose anything on that and have a bunch of leftover food to get rid of. I am definitely going back on and Medifast-like plan because now I am back to withing 10 lbs of my starting weight and just feel miserable Nothing fits and I refuse to buy new “fat clothes”. I have read a bit about WS and am leaning toward that, partially because of cost. I will be ordering this weekend so need to make a decision. I like the prices and they seem to have more options in some of the categories. I LOVE chocolate so will likely be order mostly that whenever possible. I would like some feedback on taste if possible. I like the MF food well enough and even did some of the "Recipes" I found on this and other sites. I don't do spicy at all, so will steer clear of anything with that in the name. I have seen posts about being able to have fruit and carbs. Is that true? Have any of you tried both plans? If so, which to you prefer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Thanks Sheri, I have " lose it" on my phone, I really like it.

Watching the stats over the past couple days,I think the sodium is high also.

Thank you, namaste 1969.

Last edited by irish51; 01-08-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #21  

Well I am excited at announce my 1 week weigh in-

259.2-that is a 6# loss in a week. Remember I just started to incorporate the WS shakes this week-the first three days was calorie watching.

Yesterday I used a gravy mix to make Chicken casserole and that always has alot of sodium....
Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 169/159/135

Height: 5' 0''

Congratulations Sheri, 6lbs gone
Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #23  

Mayo Clinic notes that healthy adults should consume no more than 2,300 mg of sodium per day. This number is the most a healthy adult can eat each day, but less may help promote better health. Limit processed food, choose foods that are labeled as low-sodium, and keep the salt shaker off the dining table to help keep your intake within these limits.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/41...#ixzz2HWXyCVml
Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #24  
Yeah, Im new

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio51 View Post
Hi all. I was on the Medifast Diet about a year ago and did very well on it. I lost 45 lbs. My plan was to stay on it until I got down to my goal weight of 145, then switch over to WW. I didn’t quite get all the way to 145 and just couldn't make myself stay on MF any longer. I put about 10 lbs. back on and then tried Nutrisystem. I really didn't lose anything on that and have a bunch of leftover food to get rid of. I am definitely going back on and Medifast-like plan because now I am back to withing 10 lbs of my starting weight and just feel miserable Nothing fits and I refuse to buy new “fat clothes”. I have read a bit about WS and am leaning toward that, partially because of cost. I will be ordering this weekend so need to make a decision. I like the prices and they seem to have more options in some of the categories. I LOVE chocolate so will likely be order mostly that whenever possible. I would like some feedback on taste if possible. I like the MF food well enough and even did some of the "Recipes" I found on this and other sites. I don't do spicy at all, so will steer clear of anything with that in the name. I have seen posts about being able to have fruit and carbs. Is that true? Have any of you tried both plans? If so, which to you prefer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the group! I also used to do MF and lost 35 lbs a few years ago. But I love WS because I think the food really does taste better. I wish I knew of it then.

I love chocolate too and my favorites are the berries and chocolate cereal, the Cinna Crunch and Chocolate snacks, and the Chocolate Crunchies - those remind me of Nestle Buncha Crunch.

I also dont like spicy foods either, but, WS has a Spicy Cheese Pasta and it is my favorite entree, I cant figure out why they call it "spicy" because it isn't hot and doesn't have any hint of spice to it at all. Has anyone else tried the Spicy Cheese Pasta?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shero View Post
Well I am excited at announce my 1 week weigh in-

259.2-that is a 6# loss in a week. Remember I just started to incorporate the WS shakes this week-the first three days was calorie watching. ...
Congratulations Shero!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Welcome to the group! I also used to do MF and lost 35 lbs a few years ago. But I love WS because I think the food really does taste better. I wish I knew of it then.

I love chocolate too and my favorites are the berries and chocolate cereal, the Cinna Crunch and Chocolate snacks, and the Chocolate Crunchies - those remind me of Nestle Buncha Crunch.

I also dont like spicy foods either, but, WS has a Spicy Cheese Pasta and it is my favorite entree, I cant figure out why they call it "spicy" because it isn't hot and doesn't have any hint of spice to it at all. Has anyone else tried the Spicy Cheese Pasta?
Amelia,

Thanks for the info...that's exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for. I have been seeing the Spicy Cheese & Pasta listed a as favorite by many so I may give it a try. It's good to see that someone else has the same taste as me. If you don't mind my asking...how have you done on WS?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #27  

Smile

I'm so thrilled to say that after my first week I am down 10.2 pounds!

I have to say it hasn't been a bad week at all; not nearly as difficult as I thought it might be. Days 3 & 4 I was a bit hungry before supper, but that's it. I ordered the one month package so I could try lots of different items. Two things I don't care for are the tomato soup and the berry yogurt smoothie. Everything else is just fine. The hotcakes are really good.

Does anyone use a tracker to track their food? I use myfitnesspal. It has all the products in their database so that's easy. I don't know that it's necessary, but I like to have an idea of what I'm eating each day. My highest calorie day so far has been 1100. If someone had told me a week ago that I could eat only 900-1100 calories and be full I'd have been calling out the folks in the white coats to take them away.

From what I've been reading so far all of us are having success with WS and the enthusiasm is high. High five to everyone and pat us all on the back. We're doing fabulous!!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Lordie, Lordie, Lordie--I've been gone too long. Lots of new names, lots of news, some not so great, some absolutely amazing. Keep it up all!

I've been MIA since August...got hit with a heck of an illness that came pretty close to killing me. Something about my asthmatic lungs not really liking to get sick or something like that. Several months in, and while better, I am still not "better." More and more and more tests we go, eventually we will figure out just what is wrong with me, but until then, I make do. Worst of worst is surgery. I hope not to get to that point. My doctor and I agree, losing weight is going to be my best bet on overcoming this and he has me on a goal of 20 pounds lost in 3 months. Let's see if I can do that.

While I was MIA, I really mostly stopped WS. Sure, I drank a shake here or there, at a snack bar or desert on occassion, but mostly, I put it on hiatis. You know, medical bills and all from a rather lengthy stay at the hospital. And then the freaking holidays. In any case, I am a week and an half back OP and all in all, I am quite happy. Mostly because I didn't gain any weight while not on plan, but also because I have lost 8 pounds since I started back up. Guess I shocked my body into doing the restart thing.

In any case, my doctor finally released me to diet and excercise again (YEAH!) so...here's to the new year....hope not to disappear for any length of time this go around.

Looking forward to share my ongoing success and read all about yours!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 245/233.6/145

Height: 5' 7"

Hi, everyone

I had a schedule change at work & haven't been able to get on til now. The change looks good. I will keep my "home" schedule & come into work & workout before I start working. I've done it for the last 2 days & am feeling good.

I also LOVE "Lose it". My days usually show that i'm around 100 protein & 110 - 133 grams of carbs.

I have stuck pretty close to the plan in the last couple of days but have a HUGE weekend coming up. I will have to be strong.

Talk to you all soon!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #30  

Yesterday was a horrible day....back on track today.... I think sometimes we will all have days we feel famished.....
Closed Thread