Wonderslim 9

You're on Page 13 of 30
Go to
  • Afternoon all,

Sheri, I use Lose It....love that app. I also keep a Wonderslim Food & activity diary on the kitchen counter. I know kind of OCD, but this way I can see it every time I walk through the kitchen.

So glad you are back on track.
  • Zoesmom...I am thinking of you and your Pappy. I pray you have the strength to get thru whatever comes and you will have support to help you thru it. I see you haven't posted for a bit so hope that is not bad news. Just do what you need to to get thru it and then come back to us
  • Quote: Thanks Sheri,
    I wondered if there were some bars out there with similar protein grams. Is the calorie count similar as well? Also are there shakes out there that are comparable to the WS products? I have completed about 1 1/2 weeks so far and I am liking this, it is just so expensive and with having a large family, money is very tight! I want to be able to continue if I can do a cheaper option!

Thanks for your input!
    You can research the pure protein products online so you can compare nutrition labels.....
  • Just checking to see how everyone is doing.

Yesterday, I had my grandkids all day .

It's always fun to have them, but I do not get a lot done,including no time to work out.

Although chasing an adorable 10 month old, is exercise.

Hope everyone is doing well on plan. I weigh in tomorrow
  • Weighed in this morning. - .4
  • Good Job Irish51....

Loss is great. Doesn't matter how big or how little you lost.
    Last Wednesdays weight in was no loss. Hoping to get the routine stabilized so I can so show some loss for February. Started the treadmill last week...not as much as I want but alittle is more than none. Weekends are really messing me up.

Does it seem like the last couple weeks have been harder for everyone or just me?
  • Oh lord oh lord...where the heck did I leave off?

First and foremost, thank you all for your well wishes and warm thoughts. Means the world to me. Last week was a flat out miserable week. I had to say good bye to the most amazing man I have ever had the honor of knowing. Thinking about it still makes me tear up, but I know he is in a much better place. Life takes us by surprise sometimes. But at least I know my wonderful Pappy is now pain free and safe. How I am going to miss that man.

Anyways...moving on before tears destroy me...

Welcome to the group Mom of Many. Best group of ladies to be had right here. FWIW, Nutribest is supposedly comparable to WS and is cheaper. I have NOT tried it, but it looks to be the exact same product and the Medifast group has mentioned it several times over and over again.

Welcome Back Shero..and awesome weight loss!

Irish
    -you've been doing 30DS. Everything I have read says the first two weeks or so, don't expect a huge loss on the scale. Look at your clothes for the obvious signs of improved health. Sometimes we get hung up on a number and forget that what really matters isn't the numbers on the scale but what those numbers represent. You are likely replacing fat with muscle...which takes up less space...and is a much healthier weight to be had. You had a loss, amazing awesome...now tell me...how's your clothes fit now?

I'll put it like this...I had a 4 pound gain last week, what with eating out as we went back and forth to the hospital and later, the funeral. But my clothes fit loser despite the fact I ate like crap and wasn't working out. Finally did 30DS tonight for the first time since the Friday before last and realized I could do it without feeling like I was dying. So the scale went up...but my waist went down. That's what tells me something I am doing is working, albeit slowly.

I'm back ladies...here to annoy and encourage. So very sorry for my long hiatus. Had to take a step back as life overwhelmed me. But now, I have some weight I need to see gone and want to see you do the same. Good night...and have a great weightloss week!!!
  • Zoesmom,

Thanks for the welcome. I am so sorry to hear about your Pappy. It is so hard to lose someone, especially one you loved so very much!

Today was my weigh in day, so I was down another 3.5. That is a total of -9.5 for 2 weeks. I know that the loss will probably slow down, but does that sound about right? I really do not have anyone to talk about this info with other than the ladies here. I so appreciate any input I can get!

I haven't been exercising yet, but want to add that in to my day very soon! I definitely don't want to just lose weight, but tone it up as well!
  • Kudos MOM on losing 9.5 pounds in two weeks!!! When you stop to think the average person loses .5-2 pounds a week, you knocked it out of the ball park! I know when I am 100% OP, I can lose anywhere from 1-7 pounds a week. It depends on factors such as stress, excercise, TOM, and my body hitting mini plateaus. If you haven't been excercising, start small while on WS and gradually increase, so your body dosn't stress out and think you are starving. I started by walking 20 minutes every other day, then moved to 30 minutes a day, then jogging...and now 30DS. I think irish is kicking my butt on that one, she hasn't let up where as I went MIA from everything. But if you want some serious tonage action, 30DS will get you there. It is hard but totally worth it. Only 4 days of the program, and not even as intended, and I already see a HUGE change.

Ladies- do you ever feel that when you look in the mirror, despite your best attmepts, the image looking back at you never seems to change. I saw a picture of myself last night and about broke into tears. It is a recent photo, only about a week old, and I didn't see a smidge of change after a 30 pound loss...then my husband showed me a picture from June last year. MY GOD MY FACE IS SO MUCH SLIMMER!!! And I only have a double chin instead of a triple chin. And I don't ahve a huge roll over my pants. And WOW! What a change! Sometimes, we forget that our bodies are changing on a daily basis and when we look in the mirror, it is so gradual and minor that our eyes adjust with those changes, so we NEVER see the difference. When we don't see those results we were expecting in our minds, we get discouraged, quickly, then fall off the wagon. That is unacceptable in my book. I was once a healthy gal. I WILL be healthy again. My daughter depends on me to do such. I challenge you (and myself) to take a photo sometime within the next couple of days. Don't look at it. Don't review it. Just take it and tuck it away (easier said than done, I know.) In a month, take another one and then compare the two side by side. What will you see?

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
    “If doubt is challenging you and you do not act, doubts will grow. Challenge the doubts with action and you will grow. Doubt and action are incompatible.” ~John Kanary
  • Just in case you miss this on the main page, thought I would share

If he could beat the odds, can't we?
  • Back, zoesmom,

We have certainly missed you. I am so sorry for the loss of your Pappy. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. Now I am going to kick your butt some more on 30 DS. I have completed L2D2 today.( Yesterday, I was on the floor crawling with my 10 month old grandson.) The whole time you are yelling at Jillian, remember your new mantra "Irish is doing it, and she is 61 yrs old." repeat.

Congratulations mom of many, 9.5 lbs is awesome for 2 weeks. Great job, keep doing what you are doing. Stay with us, and we will try to help in any way we can.
  • I don't know if anyone else saw this, but it may make us rethink the scale:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/meta...vs-inches.html
  • Oh the weight of temptation! I am baking cupcakes and cookies for my daughter's daycare tomorrow. The curse of being known as "The Cake Lady"! Normally, I could just pass it off and not think twice about it. But I am working on a new flavor...more or less to test what I want to do for my daughter's birthday next month...GAH! It is KILLING me that I don't know how the flavors mingle! And if I have one bite to taste...could I stop at just one? Usually the answer is yes...but usually the flavors I am mingling aren't my favorites of cream cheese, strawberries, and white chocolate. Grumble. I guess I will have my mocha shake and get over it. Days like today, I am much better suited to ignore it than to tempt fate, especially after a heck of a week last week.

irish-YEAH for posting that! I saw it, thought of it, than got side tracked. And dang it. Now I have to move twice as hard. You sure have a way of motivating me.
  • Quote:
    You sure have a way of motivating me
    YAY... glad you were able to back away from the cupcakes/cookies. I have a terrible time not dipping my finger in the batter (yes, I know, one should never taste raw batter.)

Looks like we will have to continue to motivate each other, everyone else seems to have disappeared.
  • I've been back and forth on the WS thread since July (I took a long hiatus when I got deadly ill over the fall...but I NEVER regained! .) People tend to show up super heavy then it just trickles in, then super heavy again. I think it relies on things such as New Year's Resolutions, getting down a few pounds for the summer, or getting down for big events, such as weddings. You can tell which individuals are seriously devoted and which ones just are interested in a couple of pounds here or there. For the most part, the Wonderslimmers tend to drop off because they move to other diets that are cheaper or move to calorie counting (afterall, WS is ment to be a tool only.) A few just decide dieting is not for them and you'll see them pop back up a few months down the road wanting to try again. I am in for the long haul. I've tried calorie counting. Until I can kick my addiction to food (sounds like an AA meeting now) I can't go to calorie counting or I will sabatoge everything I have been working so hard for. Some people can do it. I am not one of those. I need the tool. I am slowly retraining myself, but well, it is slow.

Today is going to be busy...ballet for my kiddo (and enroll her in swim and T-ball) and cook dinner and pack for a weekend trip and yadda yadda yadda. I love being busy, but sometimes I just want to chill out. It never seems to happen that way.

You know, I read a few months back that kids that are actively enrolled in 2 or more activities are 73% less likely to be obese later in life AND they will shape muscles early on that will last with them for the REST of their life? CRAZY! I am blessed in that my kid is super active. She goes to ballet once a week and every summer since she was 6 months old, she has been in a swim class of some shape for or fashion. This year she has asked if she can do swim, ballet, baseball (T-ball,) AND soccer. Not to mention every night she begs me to excercise with her. This kid is insanely healthy, I love that I am raising her that way despite my own failings. Maybe her hobbies will not only help her live a fit life but help me to get fit as well.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
    "The more I run, the more I love my body. Not because it is perfect, far from it, but because with every mile it is proving to me that I am capable of more than I ever thought possible." - ANON