Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 245/233.6/145

Height: 5' 7"

Hi, Fee128 - I don't know if it's just you & me on here now. LOL I just picked up my stuff yesterday & am excited to get started. I am going to wait until after the first of the year now. When are you planning to start? Have you ever done anything like this before? I did Medifast but the food was SO horrible. I am really hoping this food will be as good as everyone says.

I am hoping to lose 20 lbs the first month...my sister-in-law is on it & lost 17 in her first month & is not that heavy. What are you goals?
JoyPerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5'3"

Hi JoyPerman,

I guess it's just us here. I am also waiting until after New Year's, my package hasn't arrived yet but I hope it comes Monday so I can start after New Year's. I have a plan to use protein shakes for a few days if it doesn't.

I sure hope I can lose 20 pounds in the first month

I have about 70-80 pounds to lose total. Which is overwhelming so I'm just taking it a little at a time. Right now I am a tight size 16 and would like to get to a 10 by Valentine's day as my first goal, and then hopefully by August reach my goal weight.
fee128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #63  

Height: 5' 8"

Wink New here too

Hi there,
I'm starting WS after the new year too. I haven't weighed myself in months so I'm not even sure how much I have to lose But I know it will be about 30-40 lbs. I had lost 65 pounds using Metabolic Research Center, but due to the expense I stopped going 14 months ago. It's depressing to think I've gained so much back
I know this will be challenging at times, but I'm looking forward to getting in control of my eating and losing weight. I look forward to sharing and supporting each other.
namaste1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #64  

Oops! My old weight loss stats showed on my last post. (I used to follow the MRC forum previously). They should be gone now.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #65  

Hi, Namaste & Fee -

I'm excited we're all starting around the same time & can support one another. I went ahead & started today because my hubby & I changed New Years plans & it shouldn't be an issue.

I started with a coffee shake this morning & the berries crunch cereal. Oh my it is good!!! I was shaky before my next meal but am super psyched because I had the spicy mac & cheese & it really is good, too!!! I am not in a hurry to lose all that I have to lose & I feel this is something I'm going to be able to do with all the great support that I have.

I wanted to share that I missed the first snack because we were out & about so I had a bar & shake to eat. I chopped up one of the bars & mixed it in with the pudding form of the shake & it was great, too! Oh my goodness, I could just kiss these people. If you guys tried Medifast....the food was just intolerable. I used to cry when I ate it. LOL

I will try to post every day to share success & failure. I look forward to sharing the journey with you.

My first goal is 20 pounds down in the first month. I don't know if it's realistic to reach my ultimate goal of 100 lbs because of my age...but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Time for the Bronco game. Go, Broncos!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by JoyPerman; 12-30-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #66  

Hi Joy. Looks like your first day is going well. I used products from the Diet Direct website when I was on MRC. Both Wonderslim and Bariwise products. They were all very good. Which is one of the reasons I chose this diet. The taste is good and I don't have to think about what I'm going to eat.
My plan at this time is to start on Wednesday the 2nd. I look forward to hearing your updates!
(P.S. I see you are from Colorado too.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #67  

Hi. Yeah...I am about 10 minutes from Denver. Love, love, love living in Colorado. How about you?

For dinner I had steak (1.5 oz), salmon (4 oz), 2 pieces of sara lee low calorie bread, 1/2 c green beans, 1/2 c asparagus & I am full. As you can see I went over on the salmon by 2.5 ounces...not sure how big of a difference this will make but I was really hungry. I still have dessert...not sure if I will eat it. If I'm not hungry I won't.

It has been a great day & I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Yay, Broncos!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 239/203/159

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies,
I have 50 pounds to loose and will be restarting the plan on the 2nd. I'm all sorts of stocked up on food. I lost 10 pounds before the holidays but I'm sure I gained it all back. Does anyone else want to do weekly weigh-ins?
Cobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #69  

I'm in with the weigh-in. Do we pick a day & do it?

So far, I've just had my coffee shake...getting ready to have some cereal with yogurt in a few. I'm kind of tired today but know the energy will come back soon.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 210

Hi Namaste and Cobble,

Glad to see there are others here. I would be up for the weigh-in, sadly I am still waiting for my products to come, maybe they will come tomorrow as I am ready to get started.

Happy New Year everyone!
fee128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #71  

Happy New Year, everybody!

I had a great day yesterday although I discovered that I do not like the cheese steak macaroni food. It has a "mushroomy" feel that I didn't care for. I am happy to say that I made it through the day & toasted the new year in with a diet Pepsi rather than wine.

This morning I had the pancakes for the first time. They were very tasty...I especially liked the batter! Feelin' good...getting ready to take down Christmas decorations while watching the games.

Have a great first day, everyone.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

I'm back.....Hoping the new year will give me some will power. Afraid to even weigh.....
Shero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #73  

Hi all,
I like the weekly weigh in idea. Any day works for me. Do we want to report our weekly loss instead of our current weight? Our weight at weigh in won't mean much if we don't know what last weeks number was. Just a thought.
I will weigh myself tomorrow morning for the first time in months. I've just got to not let it get me down.

Hey Joy,
I'm in Colorado Springs. And I love Colorado too!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #74  

Shero - Glad you're back. I'm with you on the weigh in. It wasn't pretty...but I'm glad I'm on the way down.

Namaste - I am weighing on Sundays because that's when I started. So that will be my day & I will post it whenever everyone decides. Because I'm new my weight on here is my starting weight. Nice to know there's support here in Colorado!!

Cobble - Hi. I'm looking forward to all of us getting the weight off in 2013!

Fee - Did you get your stuff?

I know it's scary to weigh...but it sure is good to be living in the truth. I had denied how much I had gained even though my size kept going up & up.
Thoughts about weight loss: What is going to be different this time? When I reach my goal how will I keep it off?

What do you all think? This is such a struggle. I can hardly imagine my life without it.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 188/176/135

Well, WS friends, I shall be joining your ranks as of this morning. Contrary to what my ticker will lead you to believe, I've actually lost much more weight on WS than it reflects. I fell off of the wagon at Christmas and between Christmas and New Years have just really eaten poorly. At the moment, I'm carrying around about 5 - 6 pounds of water weight with me and I'd really, really like to get rid of that in the next day or so. But, that's exactly what I can expect when I drink lots and lots of diet soda (no water) and eat tons of chips and candy. (Not my proudest moment...)

Anyway, I'm back on the WS train and looking forward to watch my weight drop, drop drop!
thatloveygirl is offline   Reply With Quote