Nutrisystem Newbie!!!

• Hi All! After losing some weight with Atkins a few years back and keeping more than half off, I tried over and over to continue Atkins but just can't do it any longer. So tonight I researched NS. I know my hubby would have a cow if I spent the $250 without trying it and I remembered seeing some food products at Big Lots a few months back. To my surprise when I get there, there is a HUGE sale on the food until tomorrow night. Some of the snack/desserts and the little soup containers are just .50. They have limited dinner entrees and they were 2/$5. So for around $25 I am getting started.

I would LOVE any tips you can share. Since I didn't join the full program, I have been trying to learn how to use the grocery list. I think I have figured my daily intake to be 4 non starch veggies, 3 servings of extras and 2 each of powerfuel adn smart carbs. If I am off base with this, please let me know.

And if you have any recipes to share, I totally welcome them. I am thinking of ordering the portion control plate for times when we go camping or have little parties to keep myself on track.

Thanks y'all!!!
  • how interesting ... I didn't think their food would be available anywhere else. I just joined because they were offering 40% off their food and it made it "somewhat" affordable, considering. I just needed something easier than trying to make my meals separate for my family. I'm still learning (less than a week into it) but there is a morning entree with a protein shake, a mid morning snack of protein, a lunch entree with protein added (egg or cheese), an afternoon snack of fruit, a dinner entree with added carb, and a dessert. It really is a lot of eating but the portions are very small -- which is probably the best part of buying these prepared meals. They want you to add 4 vegetable servings to the diet, 8 glasses of water, and incorporate 3 segments of exercise (10 minutes each). I'm trying ... and am hopeful. HOpe it works for you too.
  • Hey! I'm on NS and I've dropped 12 lbs so far... in a little less than a month.. you definitely don't get the variety at big lots... I only go there to grab a couple extra's to replace meals that I don't like (which are few and far between). I do add 4 veggies and a couple fruits, and for extra protein I add almonds, and eggs. Good Luck!
  • I made such a killing at one of my big lots, the store was closing and they had a ton of NS items even dinners all for 50 cents yes dinners for 50 cents.I got so much stuff
  • Quote: I made such a killing at one of my big lots, the store was closing and they had a ton of NS items even dinners all for 50 cents yes dinners for 50 cents.I got so much stuff
    Wow, that's a serious savings! I'd have bought the whole supply and sold half on craigslist and kept the rest, lol. I don't know how soon they will expire, but might want to check those dates. ;-)
  • I thought about doing that but I'm so lazy I would end up just keeping all the stuff. All the items are good for quite sometime
  • So does nutrisystem really work?...cause my friend says it doesn't x.x
  • It works

She probably cheated. Stick to it and you lose - guaranteed.
  • NS works great if you follow the plan...the key is you have to FOLLOW the plan...They are trying to train you to eat properly 4-5 times per day, every 2-4 hours. I have been on it for a couple weeks and have lost 11lbs already...but with that said I have not cheated or gone off plan one time either.