Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Macilly: Thank you for your kind words. I haven't had too many people mention my weight loss, but I've noticed a lot of my family/friends trying to feed me. I take that as a sign they're noticing the loss. I have never been really thin since adolescence, so I'm not looking at anything lower than 160's either. I will be in the "normal" range there.
Meguone: I've found that if you use a bigger container fixing your vege joe it doesn't boil over as bad, or even better fix it on the stove top. I think it actually tastes better that way.
Natalie: Good job on getting the water in...I'm glad you're hanging in there with the diet. It does work!

Good night all!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:05 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm a bit under the weather, I have a possible CA-MRSA infection. It hurts, I feel run down and sick. Staying on plan though, and getting my walks in. Tomorrow is weigh in day, hopefully another pound or two will be gone!

Natalie, exercise can be hard. I had to force myself to walk everyday for a month before it started feeling routine. I started walking because we visit Disney a lot, and I hated not being able to keep up with my husband/family. Four years later, now I feel yucky if I don't get in a walk.

megoune, I pour hot water on the veggie joe in the morning, put it in the fridge to rehydrate, then heat it up at lunch. Anything I cook in the microwave, I use a 4-cup pyrex bowl!

REKP, for your height that seems like a good healthy weight! That is what I am striving for, as I lose I will decide where I feel healthy. For maintenance I've been reading the IP board for tips, their maintenance plan looks like it would work great for this diet too.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #273  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Skinnies! :-) I'm falling in love with my scale...I hope my bf don't get too jealous. hehe :-D I'm just 23.2 lbs away from being under 200!!! I've been eating tons of fresh fruit and veggies and my skin is looking so incredible I can't believe it. I don't get my acne break outs anymore, maybe just 1 or 2 zits here and there which heal in a matter of days as opposed to weeks when I was getting those cystic acne break outs all over my chin and jaw area. It was so embarrassing :-(. Who woulda thought that diet would make such a HUGE impact? All I know is I'm absolutely thrilled even with just that alone!

I see that REKP is getting super close to goal! wooooot!! Congrats to all of you sticking to your health and getting that weight off of you for good. I know it's tough. Just know that the battle is mostly mental because nobody can force food down your throat. And don't neglect cravings 100% of the time. If you don't allow yourself an indulgence here and there you will be settings yourself up for failure because you are depriving yourself of what you really want. Us foodies LOVE our food! :-)

xoxo
Sara
Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 209/198/155

Height: 5.7

This morning was my 2nd weigh in and I admit to being disappointed. I only lost 2 pounds. Ugh...I really felt good about how I was following the plan. I can't complain because that makes 11 pds in 2 weeks which is great and right at the 5pd a week average so.....still.....

I drank a LOT of water so I can't blame that. I can't blame anything cause 2 pds is good but ****, I was getting 2 pds on WW. Not sure where my head is at but I am going to push on. I think mentally I would have been happy with 3 pds but 2 felt like BLAH. How stupid is that? I am going to add some walking to my routine because I don't really exercise and maybe that will help. Have a feeling that perhaps I didn't take in enough calories and that was wrong.

Overall - very happy with the 11pds total. I really am. Or, at least I will be once I am done acting like an idiot and pouting.

Last edited by Macilly; 04-12-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #275  

Default Good Morning

Finny: Hope you get to feeling better, really fast! So impressed you are sticking with the diet in spite of feeling bad. That is a feat in itself. Looking forward to seeing this week's loss when you weigh in. What is IP?
Ms. Sara: So happy for you that you've found something that is working so well for you! I'm going to be at the line to cheer you into "onederland" I've found several non scale benefits for losing this weight as well. I haven't had heartburn in a long time, and it was almost daily when I was at my heaviest. My ankles don't swell. (Of course 12 hour hospital shifts may have been partly responsible for that as well
Macilly: I know how you feel about only losing 2 pounds. I have a little pity party when that number shows up on my scale, but look at your success already! 11 pounds in 2 weeks...that's AWESOME! When I was on Nutrisystem many years ago, I could just bet on one week losing 5 pounds and the next staying the same or losing 1. The counselor would say "what did you do wrong?" (I felt like backhanding her, since I knew I had not done anything "wrong") The next would, once again, be a high number. I've noticed that trend on Biggest Loser as well. I think our bodies try to find a balance after a great weight loss week, slowing down the next. Stick with it, look toward next week's weigh in!
Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day and again, congratulations to you all on your losses.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #276  

REKP - thanks. I know it is ridiculous to be upset about 2 pds and I need to get over it. I need to get my expectations in check because its crazy to expect overnight massive losses. I am hoping for 3-4pds a week (but secretly praying for 5!). Still struggling to find my perfect daily menu but getting there.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #277  

Macilly, my second week I lost 1lb, so I feel you. I can't wait to weigh in today to see what this week's loss is. Don't worry about pouting though, I'm sure we have all been there, I know I have on other diets. And yes, you do need to make sure you eat enough, or your body will hold onto the weight!

REKP, the Ideal Protein diet, it has it's own subforum in this section. They have three step maintenance process. I think I am going to use it when I near goal.

Great job Sara!! Our bodies love fresh veggies and fruit. That is why I double the veggie portion allowed on the Wonderslim plan, and eat a salad everyday. No way I'm not going to get in at least 5 a day!

Last edited by Finny321; 04-12-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #278  

Finny - thanks and good luck on today's weigh in. Hope you see a great number!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #279  

Thanks Macilly!

So, I'm just under 2 lbs (1.9lbs) for this weeks loss. I am super happy to continue to see the scale going down. With most diets I lose the first week, and then have nothing for the next two to three weeks!

Also, I'm happy to see the 180s on the scale!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #280  

Finny: Congratulations on your loss! 180's is a great milestone!
Thanks for the info on IP maintenance and think I may do that as well, since I have no other plan at this point.
Have a great evening!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #281  

Finny - congrats! I can't wait to see the 180's again. It will be a huge victory but I really think i will keel over and faint when a 170's number comes up. That will be crazy (and wonderful).

Drinking my water (I swear I could float away these days) and trying to be good. My annoying husband wants to go out to lunch today even though he knows I am dieting and trying to stay away from temptations. He doesn't get it but he eats whatever he wants and always stays the same so no shock. He says just 'eat a salad or something'. Yeah - I'll do that while he is munching away on fries and a burger.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #282  

Macilly, my husband is the same way. He never gains, on the off chance he does, he cuts back for like two weeks and whoosh it is gone. He is a picky eater doesn't always understand the desire for certain foods.

He is pretty good about my weightloss. He wants me to be as healthy as possible and he knows how it is for me because of how much I love food. So, we eat at home most of the time, and when we do eat out we go places where getting a salad is a treat!

REKP, I'm thinking to change out one mini-meal at a time, keeping the calories similar. Some of the snacks and shakes I really like, so unless I get sick of them by the time I am done, I plan to keep them in my repertoire for quick snacks. And I will weigh, weigh, weigh; myself and my food. No more fudging up the serving sizes and my waist line. I love their idea of going right back to the beginning when you over do (like on a holiday, vacation, etc.) until you are back to goal.

Diet Direct has a coupon code for 20% all packages if anyone is low on food. You can substitute whatever you'd like in the box too!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #283  

Default Not weighing tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my official weekly weigh in, I'm skipping that one for a few days.
We went out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant tonight and although I didn't overdo the protein, or vegetables, I apparently had the highest sodium dishes ever made. I have never had anything taste better
So...until there is a fluid shift, I refuse to weigh and depress myself.
Hope you all are having a great evening and have a good weekend planned.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 167/164.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Fedex Evil

UGH, had to take my son to the doctors today and wasn't home and FEDEX DIDN'T LEAVE MY FOOD, So pissed, Now my husband has to stay at the house on Saturday (I have another appointment) and wait for god knows how long for boxes. WTF. Usually, they always leave whatever I have ordered on the porch, not sure why they wouldn't with this or need a signature???? I had planned on today to read everything and get next weeks shopping list done of the protein I needed, now will have to cram it all in on Sunday, GRR ARG.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:16 AM   #285  

Default Weight up 2 pounds...

OK...my absolute first gain since I started this diet. I know it's the sodium I ate at the Chinese place last night and it's just a fluid shift, but it's a little discouraging. I also know it'll probably be gone in a day or two, so I'm not worried and am not going to respond like I normally do to a gain (this isn't working, I'm just going to eat anything I want!)
Things I've learned...Don't do Chinese the night before weigh day! And, I can't resist the scale on my official weigh in.
So, now that I've confessed all my shortcomings, I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off and hitting the diet road again, expecting a great loss next Saturday.

Meguone: I can never figure out if the FedEx guy here is going to leave packages, or hold them for a signature. (He even delivers the ones for our next door neighbor here...don't know why he does that!) Hope you're able to get your information in time to have a great start to your journey this next week!
Closed Thread