Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #241  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

Height: 5'5

Sally--great job on the exercise!! Keep up the good work--it will a)get easier and b) be motivating once you see what it does for you overall!

Melanie--I burt out laughing atthe shock collar comment--I said something similar but to make it a shock refidgerator handle.

I had chub club weigh in today--down almost 7 pounds for the week! I know its a bit of an anomoly because last weel was t.o.m., but hey--I'll take it!

Have a great weekend y'all...on a stay-cation vacation next week, bu I will try to pop in and say hey and celebrate everyone's successes!!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 198/tracker/160

Height: 5'5.5"

Melanie, what about scheduling a snack at that time? That is what I do, I know my most likely to want something to eat times, so I break up the double packet meals. Here is my "most days" meal plan, sometimes evening snack 2 is eaten before dinner if we are eating late.

Breakfast: Cereal or hot cakes packet, tea
After work out snack: Shake/Pudding packet
Lunch: Entree packet
Afternoon snack: Snack packet (chips, crisps, or puffs)
Dinner: Protein, Veg and/or Salad, sometimes I include the starch serving
Dessert: Dessert packet
Evening snack: Shake/pudding
Evening snack 2: Shake/pudding

I find if I eat every couple of hours I don't get the munchies. If I am really hungry, not just bored, I eat the fruit serving. I whiz a 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup peach slices, along with 2 tsp of benefiber, and crystal light drink, it is low calorie but really filling. Or I have another packet.

Great job Sally! What are you doing for a workout, I can't remember if you mentioned it?

Meka, I hate new scales too. When I bought my current scale I "gained" 8 lbs! You are losing though, and you will get there!!

Lindsey, hope your head is starting to feel better. Do your ears and/or neck hurt too? When I have tension headaches my ears and neck kill along with it. I find doing the yoga pose downward dog helps loosen up the muscles releasing some of the tension.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Jaelini: Congratulations on the weight loss! That's wonderful. Keep up the good work!~
Old 04-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 304/207.2/150

Thanks ladies for all of your encouragement. I am already really loving this site.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #245  

Default Challenge...week 5 weigh in....

I lost 3 pounds this week! Happy with that number as far into this as I am.
Hope everyone has a great, on plan, week!
Rose
Old 04-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 209/198/155

Height: 5.7

Thursday was first weigh in and I lost 8 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was NOT expecting that and was very happy. However, I have to watch myself because I am not sure I am getting all the calories in that I need too. I use about 5 WS products a day (usually just the shakes) and I eat grilled chicken on salad for lunch and chicken/shrimp for dinner with salad. Very happy about the weight loss but just trying to figure out the program so I can do it till goal which is 50 pounds away.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #247  

Wow wee macilly!

Quick question...I am going to be ordering some more ws products and was wondering is there were any products that you feel has helped more with your success than others.

Thanks!
Melanie
Old 04-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #248  

Melanie, I've reviewed some stuff in the diet direct thread. I do have a favorite thing, but they are from nashua nutrition, Proti-Thin Snack Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks. My second favorite chocolate snack is the Cinna-Choco Crunch from diet direct.

Other things that help me, I like the savory snacks and entrees. I don't like sweets all day. I like all the entrees I've tried so far, with the exception of the Mushroom Pasta (it is a Bari-Wise product I think, it just doesn't taste that good, kind of blah). Veggie Joe, Cheese Steak pasta, and Spicy Pasta are my favorites.

For savory snacks, I love those O shaped snacks, barb-q and sour cream. Both are really good. Also the Protein chips, that come in Pizza, Ranch, Salt and Venegar, and Barb-Q are great. I don't love the Kay's Naturals chips, they have an odd texture and there is a strange citrus flavor in all of the ones I've tried.

Breakfast. I do not like the eggs. I love the Hot Cakes. Oatmeal is such a small serving, and it is gluey like instant oatmeal, blech. The WS cold cereals are nice for a change, but they are small servings. For cereal, I prefer Kay's cereal both for taste and serving size.

I bought a mix of puddings and cocoas along with the shakes. I would skip them next time. I love the shakes hot or cold, and as puddings; of the puddings and cocoas I've tried, none have been as good to me. With the exception of lemon pudding, I love the lemon pudding. I actually like the fruit protein drinks too, the ones that are like a kool-aid/crystal light, I whiz them with some ice or frozen fruit.

If you have any specific things in mind, give me a holler, I've probably tried it, or have it to try. I'm very adventurous with food, and when I put together my food package for the 6-weeks I did not repeat much of anything so I wouldn't get bored. I have a huge variety of things to test!

Fantastic Macilly!!! Great job! Maybe, try keeping track for a few days on My Daily Plate? That is what I have been doing. I try to keep my calories moving between 1200-1500 to keep my body from going into starvation mode while encouraging weight loss.

REKP, that is a great loss!! You are so supportive of all of us. I just want to say a great big, "Thank you" to you!

Jaelini, great job on your loss! Enjoy your stay-cation!

Meka, it is great to have you join us!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #249  

Rekp- not sure how I missed your previous post...congrats on your loss this week! Your constant success is truly inspiring

Jaelini- bravo!

All of your successes gives me hope!

Finny, thank you for you recommendations. I am going to check them out. Going to order Tuesday.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #250  

Good Morning everyone, and a Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

We don't do Easter (not Christian), and now that my kids are old I let them pick out a few goodies, so thankfully I don't have the temptation of tons of goodies. I did pick out packets for today that will cover any "eat all the Cadbury Eggs" moments though!

I hope everyone has a good on plan day around all the food temptations that crop up around a holiday!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #251  

Default Happy Easter!

We went to church service this morning, then my husband wanted to go to Hardee's for breakfast. Let me tell you....there is nothing on the menu that is on my diet! I finally settled for a low carb bowl and ate the egg out of it. Don't know how many fat grams I consumed, but know it was way too many :-) I know there are going to be situations like this for the rest of my life. I claim a victory for not ordering a sausage biscuit and blowing off the diet for the day.
Finny: Glad you have your plan to avoid those Cadbury eggs. Even not being a fan of chocolate I like those and chocolate covered cherries.
Melanie: I personally like the puddings, especially the lemon and banana ones. I also like the little cheerio looking snacks Finny mentioned. They satisfy my cravings for something salty.
Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:06 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 357/see ticker/235

Height: 5' 10"

Great catching up on everyone. Congrats to all!
I go out of town on the weekends to see my boyfriend so I have no computer access then. I really miss not getting on here to read the messages during that time.
I can't stay completely on track during this time since he enjoys us sitting out on the deck with a glass of wine after dinner.
I am eating whatever he cooks but just watching my portion size. I am still losing weight, but figure this is how it will be when I reach goal and it will be a lifestyle instead of a diet by then.
As for exercise I am not able to do my DVD while I am staying there, but the rest of the week I am doing The Extreme Makeover workout by Chris Powell. It is perfect for me since I am so out of shape. It has 3 levels that are 15, 25 and 30 minutes. I am only doing the 15 minute one and am just trying to do it at least 4 times a week. A goal that I haven't made yet, but am working on it.
Guess you can just say that I am a work in progress.
I just finished my 16th day and I am down from a size 28 to 26 and I have lost 19.5pounds.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #253  

Default Good Morning

Sally: That's a wonderful weight loss! Doesn't it make you feel good to be well on the road to your goal? Hope you have a wonderful week and the super weight loss continues.

Shero: Mailed a box of size 18/20 to you on Monday. Did you get them?

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, week!

Rose
Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #254  

S/C/G: 209/198/155

Height: 5.7

Sally - WOW! 19lbs in 16 days is AWESOME

I tend to stay away from the soy products so mostly I am drinking the shakes (mocha and chocolate and some vanilla (though not my favorite). I do eat the oatmeal in the morning or the hot cakes (both good). I don't eat the lunch entree or the snack bar. Instead I eat grilled chicken on a salad but I am going to try the chicken soup since I love soup. More shakes and finally dinner (shrimp, chicken, lean beef). I drank a hot chocolate after dinner and that was quite tasty too! Think I will order more of those.

Finny - I am going to try and track because, like you said, I am worried I am putting my body into starvation mode by not eating enough calories. That could screw me in the long run so I will try out that Daily Planner you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!

REKP - 3lbs last week!! That is great! I am hoping to get good enough at this diet to lose 3-5lbs a week. I think that is a sustainable, good weight loss each week. Congrats!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #255  
Turning it around...

S/C/G: 215/see slider/145

REKP--ya had to mention Hardee's...omg I used to love that place when I lived down south...but back then, I was a mail carrier and had no issues with keeping my weight at a healthy level--all that walking. LOL! Congrats on the loss regardless!!

Have a great week everyone!!
Closed Thread