Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #61  
TOY

Grrrr...just typed a mini-novel with a separate paragraph to everyone...and lost it all.

Don't have the time or patience right now to re-type it. (Naturally, Shero, I wasn't following your advice to copy and paste...grrr.)

Anyway, I'll try to get back later in the day..

Thinking of each of you even if the only place it's written right now is in my heart.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 156/156/126

Height: 5' 2"

Hello,
May I join your Wonderslim group? I am presently on Medifast since December 26th and just placed a Wonderslim order. I'm shipping back to MF 4 boxes of the Vanilla Joint Health shake. I have one every night with my medication and it leaves this chemical taste in my mouth.

I just placed an order with Wonderslim due to two facts, it's less expensive and some items contain whey protein. This week Diet Direct has the WonderSlim Protein Diet Milk Chocolate Crunchies on sale, so I ordered three boxes. They look yummy. Since Medifast has ended their production of my favorite parmasan puffs until they release another version in July, I thought I'd try Wonderslim crunchies.

I'm married with three grown daughters and 2 grandchildren. I love quilting and crafting.

Theresa

Last edited by Theresa; 02-21-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-21-2012, 12:30 PM   #63  
Losin' it

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone. I don't have time to reply individually like I want to because I'm onlunch...but I wanted to say thank you for the support. And to clarify, I KNOW that nobody is better than me and I don't see it as a literal statement. It was just how I was feeling. I'm a child of God, nobody is better than me than Him <3.

I gained .2 lbs...so not bad considering how bad it could have been. I'm back on track since yesterday and feeling better. I keep looking at my goal outfit and it's keeping me motivated.

I forget who asked about reconnecting with an old friend...but I've tried that several times. The problem is everytime I reach out to a friend they will be interested for a few weeks at most and then they stop communicating back. So I give up on trying to reconnect. It's so hard to make real friends these days. Almost everyone is always out for themselves and it's SO hard to find people that are willing to invest just as much into a friendship as I do. *pout* :-P haha

If any of you would like to keep in touch with me more than the few times a week I can get on here private message me. I'd love to be able to email or even text or call some of you and get to know you guys better. I know we all seem to have something in common, or we wouldn't all be here on this forum. :-)

I hope you guys are having a great week so far, and keep losin'!!!

<3 Sara
Old 02-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #64  

Is there any prep I should be doing while waiting for my order to arrive? Or do you just start with the products right away? I know years ago when I did LA Weightloss they had you do a couple of days of just meat and greens and 2 oranges (later switched to their juice) a day before actually starting the plan.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #65  
TOY

Pamedic, water, water, water! Start increasing it now and it will help you immensely when you start the WS regimen.

Welcome to both you and Theresa! We're so glad to have you join us here. Just jump on in and post as much (or as little) as you wish. There's usually someone around to talk to and that helps so much.

I'm in a bit of a "tread water" type part of my diet right now because of some major health issues my husband is having. Hope to get him straightened out so that I can focus again. Right now we're in a hold pattern and I can't seem to get myself back in total commitment mode. (It's one of those waiting for the other shoe to drop kind of moments and it's wearing on my nerves...to say the least. I can't think ahead at all until we get some resolution to this issue. Not to be overly dramatic but it really does relate to life or death so my dieting program is taking a back seat yet again... I just don't do well at all when I add stress upon stress and I've always considered dieting a stressor of sorts.)

Anyway, my condolences, Rose, and ExTex. I know Rose's aunt died but haven't been able to distinguish whether yours is still at the point of death or has died, ExTex. Regardless, both situations are stressful and please know that you're both in my thoughts and prayers. Now that I've lost both parents I find even greater value in my aunts and uncles as they represent that older and wiser generation. I lost my last aunt on Daddy's side the first of the year so that older part of my history is totally gone now. Just not having someone to refer to about family history is making me realize the void more and more. She lived out-of-state but I phoned her often over the last twenty years with questions about the past.

Speed, you are marching on...so proud of you! Even when you are unsure of your success, you still manage to pull one out. You are inspiring! Also, thanks for the heads up on the coupon. I needed cereal and a few other things so I kept updating until I reached enough for that discount. I do love a good sale!

Shero, so glad to hear that your Yorkie is doing better. Ours went for her monthly grooming today and looks and feels so soft. I call it her "spa" day. She looks forward to it because it's also a social playdate for her. We keep her in a puppy cut instead of the longer, formal look of Yorkies. It just fits her personality so much better...LOL

Nowisthetime, haven't seen you around lately but that may be due to my infrequent visits. Hope you are doing well.

Sara, when I retired, my "career" friends of 30+ years were suddenly a good hour and a half from me and it's been very difficult to adjust to "losing" them. They're not literally lost by any means but I so miss our daily interactions and laughter. I don't have one doubt that if I needed them, they'd come in a heartbeat but our lives have changed. I daresay I would have adjusted more easily to retirement (at least I think I would have) if I could have retired to where I worked my whole adult life. So much of my heart is still there. However, we needed to be closer to a more advanced medical community for my husband so that decision was not mine to make.

Gosh, I can't allow myself to get morose over friends...not when my two best friends have died already. It is a loss I experience every day just like the loss of my parents and brother. Life can be sad but I don't have to look very far to realize that I am so blessed. Others around me have it so much worse. If I don't keep telling myself that, I might find myself paralyzed from grief and to what end would that be helpful? Instead I try to remember the joy in memories and to appreciate the blessings of each day. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. However, I'm better now than I was a couple of years ago so it is improving. Life itself is a process just like this diet.

Some days it all comes together and is successful. May we all have more of those days! (If I missed anyone, it was unintentional. If you are lurking, please feel welcomed to jump right on in and post. We're real people with real problems sharing the journey toward a healthier weight together.)
Old 02-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

REKP your Aunt is in such a better place. It's so nice to know you will see a loved one again when you have the assurance. Still hurts.

I am going to post a short one tonight.

Teena is not doing good tonight. Her heart is beating really fast. I am sure that we are seeing the effects of the congestive heart failure. Ugghh. I thought she was doing really good. I have a vet's appointment for Saturday that I made when she was doing good. It was supposed to be a follow up visit and to discuss treatment of the CHF (congestive heart failure). Now I just don't know. I am not even sure she will make it till then. I really shouldnt miss work again this week and I know the vet that treated her last time will not be in on Friday. Such a roller coaster-uggh. Maybe it's just time to have her put to sleep. I just dont want her to suffer and be scared........I kinda wish we would just wake up or come home from work and find her gone. It would hurt but it would be so much easier.

Sorry for being so selfish I know she is only a dog but she is so awesome.

Off plan for now. Wish I had some chocolate because I would surely be eating it now.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shero View Post

Teena is not doing good tonight.

Sorry for being so selfish I know she is only a dog but she is so awesome.
Hi Shero,

You are not being selfish. It's extremely difficult to let a beloved pet go.

I've had to put down two and grieved them for a long time. Our animals give us such unconditional love. Saying goodbye when they can't have any kind of quality life and have no hope for recovery is very difficult. However it's the most loving final jesture we can do for them. May you make the best decision for her as she trusts you to do that.

Last edited by Theresa; 02-22-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Too personal
Old 02-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #68  

Shero, I'm so sorry that your Furr Baby is so sick. There is nothing wrong with wishing her peace. We had to put our cat to sleep a couple years ago and it was so hard. I think it would be so much less traumatic for everyone if they passed peacefully in their sleep. Big Hugs
Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #69  

I'm officially on plan now. I knew my stuff was coming today so I just ate egg whites for breakfast to keep to about the same calories as the breakfast foods would be and started with the wonderslim stuff at lunch. So far I'm happy with the food. I had the spicy macaroni with beef (wow there isn't much there) that will take some getting used to and a Vanilla shake. Both tasted good though. I went ahead and seperated 2 weeks worth of meals into ziplock bags. I figure if I just pull out a bag a day it will make it easier to make sure I'm eat/drinking the right stuff each day. Plus that way I will get to try at least everything over the next 2 weeks. I've also downed 4 cuts of water so far. I think until I get used to the quantity of food I'm going to try to drink as much liquid as I can stomach. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #70  

Pamedic: How's your second day going? I just received my Wonderslim products and love the little chocolate covered crisps. I had no idea they'd be so tiny, but they are good. I love the vanilla shake but was disappointed with the consistancy of the berry smoothie. It was thin and watery. I wrote to DietDirect and they responded immediately for me to either return it or try it with a little less water, or mix in some fruit. I've been doing Medifast and have no fruit in the house, but will get some berries.

Theresa
Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'5

Hi-

Just wanted to let you know I am still around. I have been coming online to read the post but not posting.

Teena is still with us. She is now on med's for the CHF-congestive heart failure. The "episode" she had earlier this week. Has not happened again. I should have video'd it but didnt. The vet did not have an explanation for me and said maybe it was just a fluke. He did mention she his getting old and maybe I should consider putting her down. I told him I wanted to try the heart meds before that. I don't believe she is suffering-sure you can see the irregular heartbeat but she is eating and appears to be doing ok. She barked at her dad tonight when he got home and make the sound that the makes "kinda like a dog purr" LOL.

I am not doing the wonderslim plan right now. I started this week and then it became a lower priority. I need to get back on it so I do not disappoint myself by gaining the 18# back. I havent been on the scale and will not be until the 1st. Im scared to.

Theresa make sure you are adding the proper amount of water. Try some crushed ice. It's funny how different we all are. The strawberry and berry smoothies are my favorites.

Missing and praying for you Toy. Hope that we will all be able to get on stable ground and start posting on a regular basis again.

Welcome Theresa. REKP I am loving the clothes-thank you so much again. Watch the tread right now there is alot of activity on there.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default One pound lost this week

Good Morning everyone:
I've missed y'all! This has been the week that seemed to never end. It was so good to be back in my hometown and see a lot of friends and family during my aunt's visitation. Her funeral was beautiful and I know she would have been really pleased with the service and the number of her friends there.
It was a rough week for my diet. I couldn't stick to my eating schedule that works for me, we ate way too many restaurant meals. I tried my best to make good choices but I don't know how anything is prepared in a restaurant. I didn't even glance at an exercise bike for 4 days and was 50 miles behind when I finally got on night before last. I got 44 miles caught up in two days and am so sore I can barely move today. I don't buy into that "no pain, no gain stuff" :-) I didn't drink nearly as much water as I should have. The list goes on and on!
Add to that the stress of losing her and it was just a hard week. All that being said, I'm delighted to have any weight loss at all! One pound, under the circumstances, is great.
My goal for next week is to stick to the plan 100%...reel myself back in from some bad habits I'm falling back into, such as tasting food when I'm cooking. I know the taste of my cooking has suffered over the past 3 months by not tasting for seasoning, but it's just going to have to be that way for a while longer.
Theresa: The smoothies and yogurt are not my favorites either. There is a lot of the food I really enjoy, those just not so much.
How's it going pamedic? Increasing water is always good! It's one of my focus areas for this coming week as well
Looks like Onederland is still just in sight...oh well, maybe next week.
Toy, Speedofsound, ExTex, hope you all are doing well.
Shero: My pleasure to send those clothes. Hopefully I'll be out of my size 20 and 18 by the time you need them!
My best friend came down from Lexington for the funeral and brought me the size 14 and a few size 16 clothes that she has undergrown since she started Wonderslim the first of the year. She has lost 23 pounds and looks great. I told her she had just furnished my permanent wardrobe since I haven't been under a size 14 since high school. Getting her beautiful clothes really increases the determination to lose these other 40 pounds!
I realized this week just how much support you all are. This journey is so much easier with people going through the same thing you are.
Here's to a great, on plan, week for all of us!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #73  

Hi all. I'm doing good. I was really surprised with how little food there is at first, but I'm not really hungry so it's all good. I have have been off and dieting since the beginning of the year, more off than on, but had been down 8 lbs before starting this. I'm down another 7 lbs since weighing in Thursday morning. So only a 100 lbs to go. LOL, um only. I know the 1st week is usually a really big loss, hopefully I can continue to lose big. I have been off of work the last couple of days, but am back on nights tonight and tomorrow. That is usually when I have my most difficulty. I work as a paramedic and I can sleep at work, but I could also be up all night. I plan on keeping my bar, fruit, lean & green, and a meal replacement for when I'm at work. I may also keep a few extra bars in my bag just in case I get slammed. Then just deduct any extra from tomorrows food, since if I'm up all night I will sleep half the day away tomorrow. I have also noticed that my rings are getting really lose. I had to add a smaller ring that my hubby bough me for our 5th anniversary to my wedding and engagement rings since they were falling off my hands. I haven't been able to wear the ring for years. We are going to hit 10 years this may. I had lost 50 lbs that year but of course gained it all back. I am so tired of the yoyo-ing. I want to lose the weight for good this time. I think once I get another week into this I will add working out as well. Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt REKP and your pup Shero. I hope things calm down for both of you and you can get back on plan and lose all the weight you want.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #74  

Hi all! New to this website and new to Wonderslim. I received my kit (4 weeks) yesterday and I'm beginning today. I am thinking about doing the 5 and 1 plan instead of consuming 7 WS products per day. Is anyone else doing this? If so how is it working out for you? Just curious. I like to workout 5 times per week and I'm wondering if I should stick with the 7 products for this reason. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 326/186/163

Height: 67 in

Default Good Morning

MsRachelr,
Welcome to the group. I am doing the 7 packets of food (combination of New Lifestyle and Wonderslim products...they are the same) and following the New Lifestyle program. 7 packets and a lean and green meal. A couple of others are doing that as well. I think ExTex was doing the 5 plus lean and green. With your workouts I think you may need the additional food. The Wonderslim and New Lifestyle plans both have around a thousand calories a day. By deleting the 2 packets it puts you at a pretty low calorie count.
These plans work! I've lost 56 pounds since November 6. That's even with having a couple of weeks of travel, which is horribly hard for me to stick with my routines. This board has been so helpful to me.
Pamedic: Great non scale victory that your rings are loose and you needing another to keep from losing them. That's wonderful! I worked nights for over 30 years (critical care RN) and was always flipping my days and nights according to my schedule. You will figure out a routine that works for you pretty quickly! Congratulations on your 7 pound loss as well. I look forward to your future posts as you lose.
Sheri and Toy, said a prayer for both of you this morning. Hope things are going OK.
Hope everyone has a great, on plan, week ahead.
Closed Thread