Wonderslim #7

You're on Page 12 of 35
Go to
  • Motivation is the key for me! I did not realize it until today.
    When I get depressed and want to eat I come onto this board and start reading. The stories and the encouragement I see here could get anybody through their day
    I am just starting day 2 of WS and I decided to try exercising just a little since I failed so miserably before.
    I tried the Shawn T Insane workout that Dr Oz has on his website. It is 15 minutes long and I only got through 3 minutes the first time.
    Today after reading on this board for an hour I decided to try it once again and guess what?
    I did the whole 15 minutes!!! Of course I modified it, but the thing is normally I would have been watching tv and sitting on the couch playing games on my computer. Instead I am breathing hard, my heart is racing, I am sweating and heading off for a shower now.
    Hope everyone has a great day today.
  • Hi All! I am new to Wonderslim, I started three days ago. I spent the last two months researching different diet plans, playing around with going back to a low carb diet, when I decided to try just something new. WS struck me as the best overall all, there are plenty of sweet items, and I can have a fruit and an occasional potato/pasta/bread serving! Not being able to eat from all food groups is always my downfall with other plans.

I bought about two weeks of food from thedietshopz, and with the 20% off shake sale through diet direct, I just ordered another four weeks of food. I will have plenty of options so I don't get bored. So far I really like the pancakes, and I love the strawberry shake and Irish Cream cocoa.

I'm 42, a brand new CNA, and will hopefully be going to LPN school next fall. I am married (going on 21 years), have three kids, seven cats, and a newly rescued three year old beagle/basset dog.
  • Welcome Finny! I'm a cat lover too! Two live with me and one lives with my mom and dad so he can roam the hills! He is a wildcat! Could not tame him to live indoors with me, so my parents look after him where he can roam and play free. Good Luck and look forward to hearing from you!

Guys - I've fallen just a bit. Doctor had to put me on high dose steroids to try and fight this infection from the crohns. I'm doing better crohns wise...the steroids have made me want to eat the bark off a tree! I'm back on track in the morning as best I can. I think a little goal is going to help me. We are throwing a retirement party for my band director (who taught me 15 years ago!) and I am making him a t-shirt quilt of all the past years band shirts. Anyways, the party is May 26 and I would like to be at least 30 lbs down by then.

The hardest part of this for me is when I work at the board of education and the ladies I work with eat out at lunch. I don't want to be the "anti-social" one and decline, but what I've been trying to do is eat my lean and green at lunch when and if that happens, but then I'm left feeling a little empty in the evenings. Majority of days I'm out in the 20 some schools that I service and I never have to worry about anyone seeing what I eat. I'm always testing children or working in my office scoring tests and writing IEP's so it's wonderful! Just have to get over it I suppose - not to mention the BOE office keeps candy dishes everywhere! Ugh - willpower where are you?!
  • Yea-Msmodel Sara and Toy so glad you see you post.

Toy-I think of you alot. Hoping that you will get a chance to update us on your husband..

Msmodel Sara-we are hear for you and it doesnt matter what plan you are on.

REKP-you are an inspiration to me.....

I was thinking about doing straight wonderslim next week to see if I can lose a tidbit before the end of the month.
  • Good Morning
    Toy and Ms. Sara...so glad to see you guys post. I've missed you :-)

Sheri: I think if you do the Wonderslim all next week you may be surprised at the loss by the end of the month. Good luck!

Finny321: Welcome! I'm excited to see your posts on your losses. I have a cat too. He's an outside cat named Parsley, but is a member of the family. He was a stray that came in to my nephew's house, bit the 2 year old, and scratched the 5 year old before we took him. Strangely, both girls still love him to pieces. He just has a little bit of a psycho personality.

Airen: I'm so sorry you had to go back on steroids. That is one bad drug to try to diet through..but from reading your posts I can see you can do anything you put your mind to! Do you think you could break up the lean and green when you go to lunch, have half of it then and half for dinner? Just a thought.

Sally Pineapple...good for you to finish the exercise video. That has to give you such a feeling of accomplishment!

Hope everyone is having a good, on plan, day.
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome! I can't wait to get to know everyone better.

I'm less of a cat lover, more of a cat magnet, though I do love them all. We live where there is an issue with summer people abandoning their animals come fall. There must be a cat led grapevine which tells them where the big softy is. We usually have three to four who are strictly outside too.

Today starts day four, and I just made one of the yucky vanilla shakes taste really good. I saved some hazelnut tea from yesterday's pot. I mixed 8oz with the shake, then heated it in the microwave. It foamed up like a tea latte. It was really good.
  • Day one of WS is halfway down the drain...I am hoping its just a carryover from yesterday's migraine and then dinner party...my tummy is woogy! Can't blame the product because I was feeling yuk when I got moving this a.m...making it difficult to down anything (even water...)

The oatmeal was pretty good...but glad I read about it's boilover frequency...the mocha shake was yummy as was the berry yogurt shake...i doubt I'll do "pudding" option often just because I use ice and water to make them shake-like.

We have 3 pets here...a shiba inu--YUki, a heinz 57 puppy (looks like scrappy doo)--Diesel, and a bobtail kitty--Kyla...they sure do make life interesting and I wouldn't give any one of them up for the world (and I am highly allergic to cats I just found out...oh well, that's what meds and shots are for).

Arien--my son has severe Crohn's...I understand the ups and downs. He' has had 2 surgeries so far...looking at a third after he heals some inside...he's got the bag and has been put on the Remicade infusions. He's getting better--but it a slow, slow process. Definitely puts things in perspective, no?
  • I am using a four cup pyrex bowl for cooked items, I haven't had a spill over yet. On plan for today, and I just finished a three mile extremely hilly walk! I was also just diagnosed (this morning) as hypothyroid, so I start meds for that Wednesday. I know I have to not eat soy for about two hours after I take the Synthroid, so I need to double check all my breakfasts. Thankfully a lot of the WS products are whey based.

Hope you are feeling better Aerin and Jaelini.
  • I am just finishing my fourth day and things are going good in the eating area, but exercising is the part I need more work on. I weigh in at work on Tuesdays so I am anxious and nervous about my weigh in tomorrow morning with only four days under my belt.
    BTW, I have three cats. All with their own personalities.
  • Hello everyone!

I'm going to come in here and introduce myself. I'm Lindsey, and a couple of years ago I was all the way down to 178 lbs (mostly floating from 185-195) and then fairly quickly starting in the fall of 2010, I fell off the wagon (and down the mountain...). Over the course of about a year and a half, I've gained back about 100 lbs. I recently got engaged, and so there's additional incentive for me to lose weight to look cute in wedding dresses, but mostly I'm just looking forward to being able to fit into all of the size 12 clothes that are in my closet.

Last fall, I came back on here because I was starting Weight Watchers, but I didn't get anywhere really with that because there was "too much freedom" for me, so now that I haven't been able to get a handle on things by myself because of stress from grad school, I've decided to try a more regimented approach, Wonderslim. I did Wonderslim right before I fell off the wagon in Fall 2010, but stopped because of stomach issues from gastritis. This time, I'm taking Prevacid as a preventative measure, so I shouldn't hopefully have any problems!

I started 3 days ago and so far so good, except for the headache I got this afternoon. I have been eating a few more calories than is called for according to the program, but I figure that's okay considering I weigh nearly 300 lbs. I'm allowing myself additional servings of fruits, veggies, or protein snacks (like cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, etc.) if I'm legitimately hungry. I'm also a little bit more free with my dinner choices because I know if I did the "meat & 2 veg" thing, I'd get really bored quickly, so I'm just making my dinner something healthy, like a Lean Cuisine or something healthy that I cook.

I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • Welcome Lindsey and congrats on soon to be married. I am also new and enjoy coming to this thread for the encouragement that I receive here.
    I am looking to lose 100 lbs. I have never been thin but I have looked a lot better than I do now. I am going to try baby steps of 10 and 25 lb goals to try to keep from going off the wagon. As far so good and my weigh in is in the morning.
  • Good Morning
    Sally Pineapple:
    So, today is weigh day! Good luck on seeing great results!
    Finny 321:
    Sounds like a great workout. Walking is such a good exercise, I walked to lose this weight before, but a knee injury, surgery and an unstable knee kept me from doing that this time. I truly miss it. I love my exercise bike, it makes my knee actually feel better, so it's a decent trade off I guess. I had SO many boil overs from soup especially when I started this diet. Just thinking I haven't had one in quite a while, but I watch everything like a hawk. Hate to clean that microwave.
    I think our house has some kind of a cat central sign for strays too. Parsley has hated all that comes around, except 1. We tried to get that one to stay, fed him, took him to the vet for worm medication and antibiotics when he had been in a fight, but we haven't seen him but once since. I would like another cat as a friend for Parsley, and have thought about taking him to the animal shelter and let him pick him out a pet. Do you think they would laugh me out of there?
    Lindsey: Your story reads just like mine. I, too, was down to around 185 from an all time high of 326. That was 3 years ago. The knee injury I mentioned above along with some horrible choices (food, exercise, life in general) put me back to 288 in January of last year. I started trying to lose the weight on my own...in late May I was 274, I added the exercise bike activity and cutting portion size. 258 by the first of November when I started this diet. (I use Wonderslim food and do the New Lifestyle program which is a lot alike except it's 1 meal per day of lean and green food.) So far, this has been the easiest diet I've ever been on. I wouldn't think easy and diet would ever belong in the same sentence!
    Let us know if there is anything we can do to help encourage you along the way and I look forward to your posts.
    Jaelini: How are you doing? Hope you are feeling better!
    Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day!
  • New
    Hi - I am new and just ordered the Wonderslim 4 week package yesterday. I am anxious to start and excited to see that I should get my shipment by tomorrow. I need to lose about 60 pounds and have tried other diets. I did the weight watchers program and the freedom of choosing my foods just did me in. Apparently, I have no willpower and portion control is not my friend. So, I am fine with losing slower as long as its steady and easy for me. I am not sure exactly how WS works yet but I hope the literature explains it all to me. It seems some of you are ordering the food and following the Medifast plan and some are doing the New Lifestyle plan. I guess I will figure it out.

A friend of mine did the MF diet and lost 100 pounds pretty quickly. She also lost a lot of her hair and said it was due to losing pds fast and not MF specifically. She was fine with it but I hope that doesn't happen to me. I had cancer at 33 and losing my hair once is MORE than enough.

Lindsey - congrats on your engagement. I have been married 11 years to a great guy who I sometimes want to strangle (like when he is eating cookies and milk every night and never gaining a pound!) but overall marriage has been good to me. I wish you the same.

Well - very excited about starting. Need to drink more water since I drink more diet coke than is reasonable or rational.
  • Welcome Macilly, LindseyLouWho, and Sally Pineapple from another newbie!

REKP, you need to find a rescue that brings the animal to your house for a visit! That is how we got our newest beagle/bassett. We had lost our last beagle two years ago, and at first weren't going to get another dog. I couldn't take it though. I missed having a dog too much! The rescue was great when I asked if they would bring her over. I wanted see if she fit into the house dynamics, how the cats would react, and most of all whether she would be comfortable. It was love at first sight!

Yesterday went well, I made tacos for the spouse and my boys (my daughter is in FL for the month visiting family), so I had a taco salad. Fit right into plan and with the cheddar chips it was delicious and I did not feel deprived.

I have a normal walk planned today. I've decided to back off my jogging schedule for a bit. I am double jointed and my joints (especially knees and hips) give me trouble, with starting my CNA work next week I don't want to hurt myself. Once I get back down to the 170s (and I will!) I will start again.
  • Wow-welcome to all the newbies. I believe in Wonderslim if you stick by it. I have broken my routine so it is a struggle to get back on it. I do not know why because I can actually say I like the product. I also like Nutrisystem-it's been a while since we have mentioned that you can buy it at Big Lots-I am going to have to make a trip because I ran out of Spicy Pasta and need some sort of replacement. The black bean tortilla soup is excellent.

REKP-get a Yorkie they act like cats LOL. Spring Rose is doing excellent. I am trying to get back to my routine. I enjoy your jeans so much. It has been a long time since I had so many pairs.

Looking forward to a successful April. Can I still meet my six month goal if I get really strict?