Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-13-2019, 07:04 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 182/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello! Yes, I'm on the plan now and it's going very well. I'm down to 154 from 182 and down to a size 10 jean from a size 16 jean.

It would be great to start a new thread for it. Are you eating a lot of the bars? I think that sometimes the bars may cause loose stool or lots 'o farts.
Old Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 143.6/143.6/127

Height: 5'1

I am doing my left over medifast now. I used to be a health coach for them for about a year. I don't like that it uses soy protein which is known to increase estrogen. I don't need more estrogen because I have to much already. I am curious about ideal protein. Any of you do that one?
amahlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:57 AM   #33  

I hear about it first time
Kant43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:38 AM   #34  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Optavia user here

I have done Medifast before. It's super effective and after I went off it (due to cost, not because I was at my goal) I was able to develop my own plan and stay on it until I reached my goal.

I have actually done this a few times. The problem for me lies with maintenance; I can maintain for a while, even a whole year, but eventually those old habits creep back in and I gain it all back, and then some. Each time my metabolism is slightly more damaged than before.

IMO Medifast/Optavia is more effective because it has a better nutrition profile. If you eat all five fuelings, you have relatively complete nutrition. The same can't be said for Wonderslim or the other knock-off brands, which generally are more about caloric control and less about actual nutrition. It would be possible to get the same effect from other products but you have to take a lot of supplements to do it.

This time, while I do have a goal weight in mind, and will adjust to new micro goals from there, I am mostly focused on my health. I want to feel good, I want to be able to do activities with my family without so much pain and struggle, I want to be able to go hiking and camping, I want to be less sensitive to hot sunny temps, I want to manage my borderline diabetes and my newly developing symptoms of lupus. Weight loss is a primary goal, but this time my reason is not "to get skinny". My goal is to get healthy. So maybe that will make the difference in the headspace needed for maintenance.

I just started Optavia again yesterday and I fully expect it to be really good for me. However, this time I plan to stay on the official plan as long as it takes and then transition to their official maintenance plan, maybe even FOR LIFE.

I wish insurance would pay for things like this, it would make a huge difference in our lives if insurance would realize that it costs them less to help us STAY HEALTHY than to manage all the diseases which come from metabolic disorder and obesity.

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 11-03-2020 at 10:01 AM.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote