3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim vs Medifast weight loss average per month? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/251819-wonderslim-vs-medifast-weight-loss-average-per-month.html)

TXFinley 07-05-2017 04:08 PM

Back at this thing again.

I am brand new here and wanted to jump in on the Medifast plan threads. I was on this plan before. I started Nov. 29, 2013 and by my birthday in April of 2014 I had lost 72 lbs. It was the easiest plan I had ever done and I felt and looked better than I ever had before. My problem was I didn't even consider trying maintenance. I just thought I would eat better than I was before I started the plan and I would be OK with my new, thinner body. I was very naive. I lost around 80 lbs before I stopped the plan and it has taken me 3 years, but I have gained it all back. I just ordered a new months worth of Medifast foods today so I can start again. This time I will make sure I understand maintenance and what I need to do to wean off the Medifast foods. I also didn't feel like it taught how to eat real foods...it seems like they want to make you depend on their products from now on. But I have serious health issues from being so overweight that I need to get this weight off again and hopefully I'll be smarter and wiser this time and actually learn to eat properly with REAL FOOD to maintain my healthy weight for a healthy body. I was also wondering about the WonderSlim products, so I appreciate the information shared here. I also look forward to visiting this site and being inspired and motivated by y'all. Thanks. :)

Molly Larkins 07-23-2017 08:53 AM

I’ve tried MF in the past & although it was effective, it was absolutely DISGUSTING!!!http://smilee.stlir.xyz/pic/t626te7fsy2gd23.jpg:dizzy:

Zoniegirl 08-04-2017 01:03 PM

My experience

Hi, I was on Mdifast for about 4 months and was losing a solid 2 pounds a week. But, I was exercising 45 minutes 3-5 days a week cardio per the recommended and I was doing weights 3 times a week. I did not do vitamin supplements and had to stop because I had severe hair loss. My net calories per day after exercise was probably 600-800...way too low for my body. I was worried about the hair loss and researched it and found that lot of people have experienced that. Some said it improved after supplementing with vitamins and EFAs.

For cost and other reasons, I switched to Wonderslim. It was a lot less expensive, the net calories were higher (1200-1400 per day) and it tasted A LOT better in my opinion. From my understanding, Wonderslim does not put you into ketosis and I had a harder time sticking to it because I was so hungry even though I was eating more calories. I still was losing, but more at a rate of 5-8 pounds a month.

I went off dieting in November last year and unfortunately had issues with binging. I also had a psych med change during this time. The medication is known to cause weight gain, increased appetite and blood sugar. I ended up gaining about 20 pounds in 6 months.

So, now I'm back at it trying to lose again. This time, I'm doing a Whole Foods/clean eating approach as I feel that the pre-packaged foods did not teach me how to eat properly. My hair is doing better. And, I'm losing again. I don't really hint it matters what approach I choose as long as I stick with it as I had results with all of the plans.

Hope this post helps and I wish everyone the best of luck in their weight loss journeys!

pamdemonium29 10-08-2017 04:49 PM

Wonderslim

Well I just ordered wonderslim today! I did medifast about 4 years ago and had great success until I got hospitalized with a kidney stone. Over the last 6 years I've ost a total of 130lbs but I've gaine 40 back and I refuse to gain anymore. So I'm trying wonderslim. I didn't realize medifast worked on a state of ketosis. I've done really way with low carb in the past until recently. I went 4 weeks with low carb mod protein high fat and lost 10 lbs the first week then nothing. Which is really really strange. So I'm giving something else a shot. Wonderslim and this site😁😁

TracyC 10-20-2017 07:18 PM

I tried Medifast a couple of years ago and thought the meals tasted terrible and the bars were hit or miss. I recently bought some of the high protein/fiber bars from Wonderslim as a means to have satisfying snacks while following a sensible diet that I had been on for a while. I checked out the site and saw the "basic" plan which had four Wonderslim bars and/or shakes plus two meals that had three ounces of protein, vegetables and some starch, plus a fruit with the morning snack bar. I decided to give it a try and have loved it. I enjoy cooking so preparing the lunches and dinners lets me be a little bit creative. It has only been a week but I have thoroughly enjoyed myself.

I have found that I am not as fond of the meal replacement bars as I am of the "fluffy" protein/fiber bars. They have as much or more protein and fiber than the meal replacement bars and the calories are about the same, so I use them for most of the meals. When I am through with my stock of meal replacement bars I may buy them sporadically in the future, just to have one a day.

Wonderslim has weekly sales, plus you get plenty of discount pop-ups in your email, so it is not outrageously expensive to use their products.

TracyC 10-20-2017 07:23 PM

BTW, the Fluffy Vanilla Crisp and the Fluffy Salted Toffee Pretzel both taste like the most decadent Rice Krispies treats bars ever, but somehow manage to hide ten grams of fiber and 15 grams of protein.

AngieL69 12-13-2017 11:30 AM

Hello! I'm new here and just ordered my first wonderslim order (it should be here by Saturday!!) I was previously on Medifast and lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks!! The weight slowed down after that. I lost a total of about 25 pounds over 4 months. My issue was this, yes it's low carb however there is one flaw I found. Low carb works GREAT if you intend to keep it that low.... FOREVER!!! Most of us cannot maintain that low intake. When I stopped Medifast the weight came back with with a vengeance! I gained all 25 pounds back plus added 5 extra in less that 2 months. The reason I decided on Wonderslim is because it has you incorporate portion control meals along with regular meals that, when you end the program, will help you maintain a health living style on regular foods. We will see how it works :)) I also decided to do it before the holidays on purpose. If I can do it through one of the roughest times of year, then I can do it... period

CarrieShoup 01-01-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngieL69 (Post 5341843)
Hello! I'm new here and just ordered my first wonderslim order (it should be here by Saturday!!) I was previously on Medifast and lost 10 pounds the first 2 weeks!! The weight slowed down after that. I lost a total of about 25 pounds over 4 months. My issue was this, yes it's low carb however there is one flaw I found. Low carb works GREAT if you intend to keep it that low.... FOREVER!!! Most of us cannot maintain that low intake. When I stopped Medifast the weight came back with with a vengeance! I gained all 25 pounds back plus added 5 extra in less that 2 months. The reason I decided on Wonderslim is because it has you incorporate portion control meals along with regular meals that, when you end the program, will help you maintain a health living style on regular foods. We will see how it works :)) I also decided to do it before the holidays on purpose. If I can do it through one of the roughest times of year, then I can do it... period

I'm new here and wondered how you were doing on Wonderslim. I was on it many years ago along with HCG etc. However I couldn't stay on it due to cost. I'm in a much better financial place and want to start again. Just wondered how you were doing.

MrsBechara 03-02-2018 07:22 PM

Medifast

Hi back in 2015-2016 I did take shape for life which is now called optavia. They use medifast food and they also have thier own food brand. I loved that program and lost 69lbs within less than one year. I didn't mind the food it wasn't that bad. My main issue is the price for one month of food is about $350.00. I don't know program about wonderslim I would like to try it but I would like to loss as munch as I did with medifast.

MrsBechara 03-02-2018 07:25 PM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meka150 (Post 4281879)
I tried some store bought shakes just to see if I could do it before ordering Wonderslim. My sister started with Medifast and it was working well but the cost was just too much and she didn't like the shakes so she whiched to Wonderslim. She knows that i'm a picky eater so if its something I don't like I just won't do it.

I have only been on WS 8 days and but two weeks total on this type of diet and i'm down 16 lbs.

Hi which one did you do the basic?

Jeweles 07-03-2018 02:12 AM

My medifast experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones1928 (Post 4195921)
I've been hearing about how awesome Wonderslim is, it's cheaper and tastes better, etc than Medifast. But just from some initial research, it seems like people lose more per month on Medifast than on Wonderslim.

I was wondering what your experiences were if you have tried both?

Or for those of you who have strictly gone with Wonderslim... on average, how much do you lose a month?

I have been on it it off and on for years. When I did it hardcore three meals a day I lost twenty pounds fairly fast. Problem, it was to low in potassium for me and I had to supplement with pills to keep from getting drop to the floor in pain leg cramps. I have low metabolism and I get that. Exercise isn’t a big help. If I take in over 900calories a day I won’t budge. If I mix ½ cup of berries in my medifast and have 2-3 max a day I do lose weight. What I think has really boosted my weight loss is adding chromium picolinate three times a day to stabilize my blood sugar. I also have added a frozen dinner under 300 calories for dinner. You just have to do what works for you. I can’t cut back and take diet pills like I was 20 and drop 20 pounds. It’s hard work and it’s slow. For me it’s not so much what I eat but my total calories. I gained weight on Jenny Craig and WW. But it’s worked for some friends. Just keep trying until you figure out what works for you. It’s just so hard!

GiGiQue2Lose 01-25-2019 04:47 PM

Medifast meal replacements have more fiber so you feel fuller on them--and they are fully vitamin fortified; but the wWonderslim, Bariwise and Proti foods taste much better and have a better mouth texture. Fasting lowers your basal metabolic rate, and each time you fast you lower your body's basal metabolic setpoint (your body teaches itself to burn fewer and fewer calories).. That's why the weight can be regained so rapidly even if you're eating fewer calories. It can also eventually lower your thyroid functioning.. Which further lowers your metabolism.
That said, I'm following the Medifast/Wonderslim/Bariwise meal plan (all the same, just different brands of the meal replacements). After a month, am going to do 3 days on and 3 days of lean & green. My thyroid has been damaged from past dieting so aM being very careful this time.
Would anyone like to start a new thread with me and share daily progress?

Old Biddy 01-26-2019 07:31 AM

I must be the odd one out, but I didn't like the Wonderslim products. Medifast works for me and although it's expensive I just have to stick with it. I've lost a solid 10 pounds in the first three weeks. I succeeded before with Medifast and lost 37 pounds. I didn't transition properly and just stopped. Not the fault of the Medifast plan, that's for sure.

Oppaloopa 01-27-2019 11:23 AM

Hello

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiGiQue2Lose (Post 5380330)
Medifast meal replacements have more fiber so you feel fuller on them--and they are fully vitamin fortified; but the wWonderslim, Bariwise and Proti foods taste much better and have a better mouth texture. Fasting lowers your basal metabolic rate, and each time you fast you lower your body's basal metabolic setpoint (your body teaches itself to burn fewer and fewer calories).. That's why the weight can be regained so rapidly even if you're eating fewer calories. It can also eventually lower your thyroid functioning.. Which further lowers your metabolism.
That said, I'm following the Medifast/Wonderslim/Bariwise meal plan (all the same, just different brands of the meal replacements). After a month, am going to do 3 days on and 3 days of lean & green. My thyroid has been damaged from past dieting so aM being very careful this time.
Would anyone like to start a new thread with me and share daily progress?

I would but there are many Ideal protein threads on here that are terrific lots of detail I get mine from Diet Direct because of the free shipping I prefer Bari wise for some wonderslim for others .

Suzie 04-12-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Biddy (Post 5380364)
I must be the odd one out, but I didn't like the Wonderslim products. Medifast works for me and although it's expensive I just have to stick with it. I've lost a solid 10 pounds in the first three weeks. I succeeded before with Medifast and lost 37 pounds. I didn't transition properly and just stopped. Not the fault of the Medifast plan, that's for sure.

I've done Medifast in the past and now have started again. Are you currently on it? I'd love to see a fresh new thread on Medifast and Optavia. Problem is this time is it give me loose stools and never did in the past. Would love to hear from you!

Suzie