3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Medifast Newbie (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/249878-medifast-newbie.html)

londonlove 01-06-2012 09:33 AM

Medifast Newbie

Any other new medifast members in here. i am just starting day 5 and it's not and surprisingly things are going pretty well. just wondering if there is anyone else out there too? write please !! :)

Mosey 01-06-2012 10:51 PM

I started the first also! A good friend (now my Lifestyle Coach) lost 57 pds. In 6 months, which was a good testimonial. Hoping to find a list of what brand name foods can be used for lean and green so I am not eating the same stuff all the time. I hate to cook, so the "5" MF products work well, just having the same lean and green all the time. I am not a fan of a few of the soups I've had...

Riddy 01-07-2012 08:12 PM

Welcome both of you! :welcome3:

I'm not new to Medifast at all - I've been at it since April. I am getting back on the plan full-time after several weekends of cheating over the holidays. My birthday was New Year's Eve, and I went out of town and partied like a rock star. :o:dizzy::dizzy::o Happily, I still LOST weight all along, just not as much as I could have. :D

My favorite lean & greens are pretty simple -
grilled steak/tuna steak/swordfish/salmon over spinach salad
3 egg omelette with whatever veggies I have on hand
3 pickled eggs over salad
turkey meatloaf stuffed with spinach
chicken soup made with fresh salsa and lots of green peppers

My new favorite is a tofu veggie soup I make in my Vitamix blender - 2 cups broth, 1 brick tofu, seasonings, 1 1/2 tsp corn starch and 1 box thawed frozen spinach or 1 jar drained roasted red peppers or 1 container baby bellas - dump it in the Vitamix, blend on high for 8 minutes and dinner is ready!

Good luck to you both! This is the longest I've ever stuck to a program, and I'm still motivated to keep going!

Lyn2007 01-08-2012 02:11 PM

Welcome! I am not a newbie but I am on plan with Medifast and really like the program.

ladysheets 01-08-2012 02:28 PM

Hello,Im really not a newby either but i just started again about 2 weeks ago. So far im doing really well. i can feel myself shrinking!
Hope everyone is doing good also. I had a spinal fusion in october so tomorrow i am able to start swimming so i am looking forward to that.
I love the peanut butter bars which i am out of ..
not sure if i like the soft serve or not.

Buutastic 01-08-2012 04:02 PM

Hi everyone, I've been on medifast for 6 months and I'm down 65 pounds :D If you're looking for good recipe/meal ideas, Lyn's blog is fantastic, and I use Sandy's Kitchen (google it and click the light recipes one...I can't post links yet!) the medifast recipe section. Some really great ideas to keep from getting bored with the l&g and also the meals themselves.

Give yourself some time to adjust to the new foods, you'll find your tastes will change over time. Welcome!!!!

mom2sweetT 01-14-2012 10:58 PM

I just ordered my food today and am looking forward to starting. Also just found this site and am intrigued by all the great info here.

FattyFatFat 01-16-2012 10:53 AM

Congrats to all those making it work! and welcome to the forum.

40plus 01-20-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladysheets (Post 4162507)
I love the peanut butter bars which i am out of ..
not sure if i like the soft serve or not.

I find I like the soft serve better as shakes. :)

henrikk 04-01-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40plus (Post 4180301)
I find I like the soft serve better as shakes. :)

You are not the only one... actually I have never been able to prepare the soft serve food packets in a manner that is acceptable that is not a shake... and I have tried. It may be that I have no good way to make fine-ground ice.

Riddy 04-02-2012 08:30 PM

I decided that making the soft serve as a soft serve was just more work than it was worth. They do make nice thick shakes, though. Try a little cocoa powder in the peanut butter - Reese's shake! :p