Wonderslim #6

You're on Page 8 of 19
Go to
  • Toy:
    I have to disagree with you on Coach Cal. I think I speak for most of the KY fans, we love him! I haven't heard him say anything derogatory about another teams players...I wouldn't like that either...what I usually hear him say is any other team can beat UK if our players don't play their best! :-) We've gone from NIT under Gillespie to Final 4 last year with Coach Cal...what's not to like! :-)

Welcome to the new posters! Other than basketball rivals :-) we're a pretty friendly bunch and I think are very supportive of each others weight loss attempts.

Yesterday was a difficult day for me. Getting ready to travel at the end of the week, stress with packing and the work ahead. I ate an apple, then on to some home fried potatoes at dinner. Bummer! I can actually count on the fingers of one hand the times I've completely blown the diet since November, but yesterday was one of those days. Woke up this morning and the first thing that crossed my mind was the country song "wasted." I wasted yesterday and don't want to waste any more days on my long road to my ideal weight.
    Funny, too, usually when I have a bad day, I can add 5 or 10 miles to my exercise bike routine and feel better about it. Last night I truly had to "gut out" the daily 10 miles. Felt like it would never end.
    Here's to a better day, and to getting my mind back in this weight loss program! I hate to exercise in hotel gyms, and know I have to this week. I also hate to try to "adjust" my food while traveling. End up paying $14 for a wilted romaine salad with 6 little shrimp, or $9.00 for a tomato, 4 olives and 2 basil leaves. (Honestly, both happened within the past couple of months!)
    Would appreciate any tips on staying on plan and eating out.
  • Welcome, Ash! Thanks for posting your product preference; I am sending back about ten boxes to DietDirect to exchange and your post was helpful.

Exercise-I am struggling in that area. I was doing Power 90 before I started WS but now I don't have the energy to last through the first 10 minutes of the program! I think I am going to hop on the tread mill every day instead.

REKP, don't worry about the slip; it's bound to happen. What you do the day after is what matters. I can appreciate your struggles will traveling. I am facing that dilemma as well. I will have to go out of town myself next week for around 6 days. I am trying to figure out how to do it successfully....I think I am going to pack my own salad dressing as well as those bags of pre-washed salad mixes and pre-cooked chicken strips in a cooler for my lean and greens. It is not for work, but for and with family so I am sure I will not encounter as many challenges as you will. Good Luck!

Have a great day/night all!
  • REKP, that's what I like to hear about your coach. I had a feeling he might change a bit by being KY's coach...at least I had hoped. That's not saying much for the atmosphere he "came from"... I thought the tolerance there for dissing others was much more lenient. (Hey, we had the same with that football guy...Lane...he didn't last long in the SEC with his bad-mouthing either. It's one of the things I like best about the SEC. We're all UT until we're out and then we support any other SEC teams still in the mix...regardless!)

As for eating out, my suggestion is to always go for the fish if you can tolerate fish at all. The reason I opt for that is because it is tasty without adding extra sauces, etc. I generally get anything they add to it put on the side so I can decide on its value to me. Depends on my calories for the day as to whether I indulge. Lately I even get my dressing for my salad on the side so I could try the "experiment" of dipping your bite of salad into the dressing. I wouldn't have believed it possible but I really did have dressing left in the little cup after eating the salad!

Ash, I really like those cinna 'n chocolate snacks, too, but I haven't tried the salt & vinegar chips. Thought about it because I do like that flavor but I have so much problem with fluid retention that I didn't order them. I may add a pack to my next order just to have something different to enjoy during the Super Bowl. I try to have different snacks for the game that day so I'll treat myself, too. Glad you're jumping back in to the chat here. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Fattyfat fat, gosh, it's hard to type that name for you! Glad you decided to share your journey with us. You give me hope that I can adjust to this without the packaged food when the time is right. I just really like the convenience and non-thinking that goes with it during this phase. Plus, it is satisfying which is such a novelty for me while on any kind of diet. I really envy you for sticking to your exercise routine. That's what I have got to change big time. Hope you continue to hang out here and chat with us!

ExTex, sound like you're doing great! Hate to mention this but drink more water if you're still hungry at 7 or even have another shake or bar. I finally realized that I needed something else so I could sleep better. Last night was more restful, thankfully. I think I was suppressing the hunger and just couldn't go to sleep with my stomach that empty. I ate a bar but tonight I think I'll try a shake instead. My days and nights are backwards again and I don't think I was getting in enough calories while awake...if that makes any sense.

HelloDiet, I saw those entrees you mentioned during a commercial recently and wondered about them. They sounded pretty good...are they tasty? I like quick and easy when I'm fixing my lean and green and if I can get it that way, all the better. The only drawback for me is the sodium sometimes but I'm not having the charleyhorses like I was at first. I think I went overboard trying to avoid sodium at first but I'd just had that scare with the feet and legs swelling, etc. Everything seems to be such a fine balance.

Are any of the rest of you taking the vitamins with your WS? I'm taking the vitamins and the amino acid (Omega thingeys) they suggested and just noticed yesterday that my fingernails seemed stronger than normal. Mine usually break and peel so easily that I'm tickled...guess my body likes the vitamins. I've never been one (in my life) to stick to vitamins so this diet is bound to be helping my bloodwork in more ways than one. I have bloodwork scheduled for March which will be three months after I started this so I am eager to see the results. I normally detest bloodwork but for once I am excited to see what these last three months will reveal.

Shero, just realized I hadn't spoken to you! Hope your day is going well. I look forward to hearing from you in your next post!

Hope everyone has a good day. I finally feel rested enough to (hopefully) get some things accomplished today.
  • Hi all-

Hope those in the states that arent getting the snow are enjoying it. Here in Michigan we are being to remember what winter is like. It was raining this am when I went to work and snowing by noon. The roads were icy when I left. Probably got 3-4 inches at least between noon and five.

I am having a hard time this week-I dont even want to say how hard I fell. Today especially since everyone at work (but me) ordered Pizza Hut pizza at work. Yes-I had one piece and a tuna sandwich. I didnt take my smoothie so I bought the tuna from the vending machine. That was to try to get through the pizza thing. Didnt work.

Supper was a mess too. I need to go grocery shopping so I have alternatives to this type of situation. It will be interesting to see my calorie count today. Maybe it wont be as bad as I think.

On a positive note- day 17 without any regular pop. That is so excellent for me.

So when an infant falls they may cry a little but they get right up and walk again.

Hope all is well. Gotta get those calories added up. Yuk-but I'm going to do it.

Have a great evening all-Glad to see some people posting that I havent seen before.
  • Quote: Have a great evening all-Glad to see some people posting that I havent seen before.
    OK, I'm going to pop in then too. I've been lurking for a couple days.

I started Medifast 1/10 and weighed in this morning to see a 10 pound loss. Like a lot of you, I am an emotional eater. It seems like a protein high diet has eliminated some of the cravings for me (because I'm sure as stressed as ever before!)

Glad I found you guys. I've already taken advantage of the diet direct tip.
  • Thanks to everyone!
    Toy and ExTex: Thanks for the tips for eating out while traveling. I do like fish, what a good idea for the sauce on the side. I've never done that, although I do order salad dressing on the side.

Yesterday was a lot better for me. I was determined NOT to repeat Monday
    Even the exercise bike was easier last night.

Shero, How much snow do you have? We had about 1/2 to 1 inch here last week, it paralyzes the county! Schools out, businesses close "due to weather" hehe..I will be the first to admit I can't drive in snow. Apparently nobody else can either with the number of accidents reported that morning.

Welcome to our new poster! Thanks for joining us.

Off to Big Lots this morning for a supply of the BBQ soy chips.

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day.
  • Hello all and welcome new posters.

Yesterday was tough. I broke down and pigged out on popcorn and not the safe air popped kind either. The on the stove with a lot of oil kind. And hot chocolate with Kahlua mixed in. And a leftover chocolate Santa. The scariest thing was not the food that I ate but rather the manner in which I ate it. Just mindless, compulsive eating. I feel horrible today. I could barely get out of bed. So back on plan today. I am viewing it as a lesson that my body doesn't want that crap instead of beating myself up.

Rose, I went to Big Lots; they didn't have the BBQ soy chips though they did have some Nutri System food. Darn!

We haven't had much snow this season, perhaps two inches. I can't say I mind though...I am a lousy driver in the snow!

Another day...another shake!
  • Shasta,

Ten pounds lost in nine days? Wow, that is incredible. What does your day on plan look like?
  • Need friends?!
    Hi!

I am on my 4th day with Wonderslim. In the last couple of years I have packed on another 40 lbs. My husband retired & I started eating 3 meals a day. I had a knee replacement and lost about 20 of the new fat but now need the other knee done & have been running a fever for over 3 months with lots of medical tests which have revealed asthma & 2 spots on one lung. Dr wants to wait another 7 weeks to do a second cat scan seeing if either spot has grown. He said, "Sometimes if we don't mess with these things, they won't mess with you." I kind of agree.

My husband was a truck driver all over the country so I was almost always completely alone. I ate things like a pkg of two Hostess cupcakes for a meal or use a package of cookies for 2 days of eating, with no protein, no fruits or vegies - like a 6 year old who's parents aren't around. Now I am paying for it with an almost non-existant immune sytem & the weight has caused my spine to have severe problems, etc etc So I can't stand up for more than a few (very few) minutes at a time. I'm 58.

I can't believe I did those things as I'm typing! I know that besides my self-image, my spine and joints would hurt a lot less with less weight to lug around. I did the first day of Wonderslim with 5 shakes and a lettuce & brocolli salad with 2 tsps of Ranch dressing. I had lost 2 lbs the next morning.
    (203)

Argued with husband & daughter the second day & had 5 shakes along with a fried chicken breast and multi tablespoons of chunky peanut butter. Surprisingly I was only 1 lb up the next morning. (204)

Good again yesterday except instead of a salad I ate 2 hot dogs (no bread) dipping them in mustard. Up 1 lb this morning to my beginning weight. (205)

Going to try again today. I've had one shake and the bar Wonderslim put in as a free sample. I'm hoping to have just shakes and a salad this evening.

Thank you SO much for reading this. We just moved into this small town so I could be closer to my grandchildren & then I got sick a month later, so I rarely see them or my daughter. I need friends so badly! Thanks again!!!
  • Welcome, Shasta! Woo Hoo on the weight loss! You are doing fantastic and we're so glad you decided to join in our chat. It helps, I think, to have others to chat with along the way. In my case, it's keeping a marriage healthier...LOL...my husband was getting more than bored with my singular topic of conversation. Being retired does have some drawbacks as in less time to converse with friends about the day-to-day events. This board helps a great deal.

Shero, wish we had snow...well, just a dusting, maybe...instead we dropped nearly 50 degrees over the day yesterday and went from a balmy (though windy) 70 to a frigid mid-20's. Such a drastic change, of course, brought concern about thunderstorms and tornados. The weather didn't use to scare me but having had our house hit by a tornado changed that...and now I cringe and slightly panic. We were only roof damaged as the tornado started descending at the house on our right but as it progressed down our street, it got worse and the second and third house to our left were totally destroyed. It was a surreal time in our neighborhood for days and weeks. Luckily no one was injured.

I'm still snuggling under the covers even though it is past time to be up and about. Not even going to try to do a roll call, shout-out this morning since I don't think my brain has even engaged yet. Just a quick wish that everyone has a good day today and any slip-ups are minor. I think all of us are changing our views and habits. I know I used to use a slip-up as a springboard for more cheating. Now, I seem to be better able to put it in perspective and get back on track. I think that's one of the missing puzzle pieces I had to find. Messing up doesn't have to mean I've given up...wonder why I'm just now learning that???

Have a good day, everyone!
  • Welcome Violets!
    I'm so glad you joined us. Wonder Slim is an effective program, and I'm sure you will find it easier to make good choices as you get into the program more. We all slip, we all pick ourselves up and dust off and start again.
    Sorry to hear about your health problems. I'll be in prayer that they will lessen or disappear as you journey along with us. When you feel bad, it's really hard to get your mind around dieting.
    Again, glad you're here!
  • Hi REKP,

Thank you so much for answering. Feeling really crummy (sickness) now but I just couldn't go lie down. I had to keep checking this site over & over to see if anyone wrote back to me. I know - pretty pathetic!! My husband's family owns a ranch, so when he was driving I was literally Alone on a big South Dakota prairie.

I was planning on picking my grandkids up & or going over there & playing board games, UNO or whatever but just can't stay up too long at a time. I've been watching a lot of Everybody Loves Raymond & I'm pretty sure I see myself in the mother! haha No wonder they don't come over!

I lost 4 inches in the last year as I put on the additional weight - literally the straw that broke MY back! Now I am 5' 1 1/2" & started at 5' 5 1/2" - it's obvious that the extra 75 lbs are very hard on my joints & spine. I could make myself do things with this low grade fever but the pain of my back & knee prevent that. Learn from me & lose it now!! Thanks again for answering. I am thinking that I will really need to keep track of calories because I'm sure an almost totally sedentary person uses a LOT less calories. My husband is actually a dear and has been making shakes, etc for me. Thank you again for writing back!!
  • ExTex: Bummer that they didn't have the soy chips at your Big Lots. I went back this morning and almost cleaned ours out :-) I found some Nacho Cheese flavored ones as well. They have 110 calories and I think 11 G protein.

Just a funny. I was loading my cart (did buy 30 packages) and a little white haired lady was on my elbow. She said "You must like those!" I told her about the protein diet and that the chips fit the profile for a snack. She said what do they have in them? So we read the complete label together. She then decided she couldn't have them because they were processed in a plant that processes wheat food. :-) Got to the checkout and got the same comment from the cashier. Once again, went through the nutritional advantages and the diet. As I left she was headed for the display to check it out. I told my husband I felt like I should be a paid spokesperson for the high protein diet.

Violet: So sorry you're in so much pain. I know you offer good advice to get the weight off now. I'm in hopes by July 4 year I'll be half of my former self, and know I will be avoiding some weight related health problems.
    I've always enjoyed going through South Dakota. Beautiful scenery!
    Isn't it great to have a supportive husband? Mine is a good guy as well, but I have to admit, he is starting to glaze over when I talk about this diet.

Toy: Hope you have had a great day. Do you have an IPAD that you work on in bed? I've tried it with my laptop, but seem to strangle myself with the cords. :-)

I've had a good, on plan day. Dreading travel for the rest of the week, but need to get it over with. Hopefully it will be my last road trip for a while.
    Have a good rest of the week if I don't post again, I'll be back as soon as we get back home.
  • Shasta and Violets-welcome to Wonderslim.

I must say I am becoming co-dependent on this site. So I too am finding myself here over Facebook. Better this site than food for emotional support. My hope is that we all become friends.

As I said yesterday-I am struggling with food. This is why I wanted to do just the shakes for a few weeks. I figured if pre-surgery patients (stomach) why cant I. My problem this week is getting my shakes in. Why? I dont have the answer. I had the bari Wise chocolate shake this am. It is compared to two Wonderslim shakes.

Work is the problem area-that stupid vending machine. I had my Berry smoothie (WS) with me but instead I opted for the vending machine. This is what I had-a tuna salad sandwhich (200 cal and 10 grams of fat). I had a half cup of Dindy Moore Stew. Dont know the calories but will later. Guess what I am still hungry. Money in the pocket. So I get a salad. Low calorie but this is where I claim victory.........A packet of Reg Ranch dressing. When I first read this 3 Fat Chicks I read to stay away from white sauces-and Ranch dressing. I looked at the label and there was 21 grams of fat. I found someone to take it but I am so thankful I read the label before I used it. I have been known to read a label after I have ate it. LOL

Yesterday I added my calories on the Kindle Fire and was surprised to see that I did not have as many as I thought. But I want more for myself-I want to see results.

As I have read post on this site I have realized that we all have something in common. There are so many factors and so many things to change. If I could count the number of times I have lost weight only to gain it back.....Why????????? Well to be honest I come from an obese family on my mothers side. My mother always showed love through food. Food is more than nutrition to me-it is emotional comfort. I eat fast. I have all the bad habits of an overeater. Ugghh-so much to change.

Life is not all hum drum though-I got on the treadmill today. Kudos for me.

Michigan has had a great winter with the exception of the last 10 days. Currently it depends on where you are in the state. I live about 15 miles (guess) from Lake Michigan. Where I work is about 5 miles from the lake north of here. We probably have 7 inches on the ground at work and 3-4 here at home. The snow has been falling melting and then melting again. We are supposed to get 3-4 inches overnight. I like snow usually. I am getting to regret driving the older I get but I still like the challenge. I wanted snow so bad for Christmas but all we got was a dusting of it.

I need to go to big Lots here and see what I can find. Sounds exciting-I love to find deals.

Sorry to hear of all the medical problems. Violets-you lost 4 inches of your height? Please explain more. Have your disks in your back collapsed?

I spell good if I have to. LOL

Have a great night girls.

Fatty-Fat-we need to add something to your name like Fabulous FF. Fatty-Fat sounds so negative.

Toy where do you live?
  • Quote: Shasta,

Ten pounds lost in nine days? Wow, that is incredible. What does your day on plan look like?
    I was shocked myself! Had to tighten my bra straps today (cuz that's where I need to lose weigh from, right? ).

I bought a couple of lots off ebay so I could try some different items and have been doing the 5 meals a day plus the lean and green. I have been doing a shake for breakfast, mid morning snack bar, soup for lunch, afternoon bar, lean and green dinner (turkey burger w/mustard and sautéed mushrooms with a cucumber or broiled chicken breast and salad), and then soft serve.

I just got my diet direct order and attempted the pizza for lunch today and couldn't stomach it. Big thumbs down on that one.

I find that I'm not hungry at all and as long as I keep myself occupied I'm not tempted to stray. I printed out the journal checklist and keeping myself accountable helps. Think I need to drink more water though. And I know I screwed up today because I grabbed a handful of goldfish from my kid's plate without even thinking. Hopefully the 20 minutes on the treadmill will offset that!

Shero, I'm heading to Michigan this summer for a cruise. We will be going through Holland, Beaver Island, Sault Ste Marie, and Mackinac Island. Any local pointers?

REKP, just saw your Big Lots post. Will have to check ours out tomorrow!