Wonderslim #6

You're on Page 17 of 19
Go to
  • Hello everyone
    Good afternoon! Hope you all are having a good, on plan, day.

Scissor: CONGRATULATIONS on that great loss! Isn't it wonderful to see the scale moving in the downward direction. I liked your idea about picking up the bags of potatoes and walking around with them to help visualize your loss.
    ExTex: Congratulations on getting back on your exercise routine! I firmly believe that it is at least as important as the food you eat to speed weight loss. I do take a vitamin every day. I hate them, they make my stomach queasy, but I do seem to have more energy since I've been taking them.
    Shero: Thanks so much for the protein meal list. I appreciate that. I have also lost a lot of weight, then gained back a lot. I look back at choices I made after my knee injury, first not being able to walk without pain was a major factor in the regain. Then SO many bad choices with food. I was eating like I had never had a weight problem. I know now I'm going to have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life. My husband is thin and athletic. He can eat what he wants. I just can't eat as much, or many of the same things I fix for him.

I'm challenging myself to 100 days of excellent choices, in everything. I can do ANYTHING for 100 days, and by that time I should be very close to my goal weight. I will have some travel in there, which adds a degree of difficulty but I'm trying to convince myself if I can do this at home there is no reason to dread the travel.
  • I got my WS package today! I aid I was going to start next Monday but now Im like, I wanna start today!
  • Welcome Amelia! Let us know how your first day goes.
  • Hi gals Well another day and I'm doing better today with eating I think. I do feel slightly awkward,like I'm nauteous(sp?).That helps with the not being famished. I'm not taking any diet pills but take a costco vitamin most days. I do find if I keep my hands busy that will help . I understand the spot your in girls thanks for the help gals. I haven't really excerSIZEd at all just trying to do my chores with more vigor lol. I did get on the scale and it said 8 lbs.now sooo yay . But I dont want to get on everyday lol.Now only 92 to go ..... I think THIS IS GOING TO WORK ! We all have the power to make this change happen. I am satisfied my aloted amount of food. There really isnt much thinking as to what to eat, it is what it is . I remember the biggest was always ....What am I going to eat ? lol After my surgery I went all crazy eating everything and anything .Hence the gain . Not having to really "think" about what I'm eating now makes all the difference for me. There are so many choices in life -I dont even wanna think about food .I like that I can work this program without thinking much about it .lmao Did you notice how many times I said eat ? I guess I am .Off drink my shake
  • I had non cosmetic breast surgery btw not weightloss surgery by the way .
  • Walden Farms 0 calories stuff came in today. Ugh, I barely tried the french onion dip and it was terrible. I'm afraid to even touch the rest now!
  • Speed, your little green sickie cracked me up! Did you get the pancake syrup? I have it and think it's fantastic. Let us know if you try anything else.

Amelia, Welcome!

Eight pounds already? Wow! You must be so excited, Scissors!

Love, love, love your idea of 100 days of excellent choices, Rose. If I haven't said it before you inspire me! So far I love working out on my Pilates machine. I think I may have found something that I can keep up for life; I actually look forward to my workouts. I haven't done that since high school when I was on the swim team.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • Good Morning!
    My Walden Farms 0 cal order came yesterday as well. So far I've tried the chipotle mayonnaise and bacon ranch salad dressing. The mayo is spicy and kinda tart. Would never have guessed it was mayonnaise if I hadn't been reading the label at the time. It was more Miracle Whip type taste than mayo, I think it would be good as a dip for veges and on some meats.
    The bacon ranch dressing was mild. Had taste, but not a lot. I didn't use much, will use more next time.
    I had some of the mayo as a dip for my cheddar chips this morning and thought it tasted good!
    So far I would order both again. Thanks for the coupon code Speed! Sorry your dip was a bust. Try the other stuff, it may surprise you. I'm looking forward to the pancake syrup.
    ExTex: thanks for the kind words. I had a full day of great choices yesterday and look forward to more of the same today.

Hello to everyone else out there. Hope you all have a great, on plan, day!
  • Welcome Amelia. Glad to have you join us.

I have not done well this week. I had a surprise-"Aunt Flo" came to visit. I usually dont have to deal with her so a T.O.M. is very unusual for me. I have ate so much. Guess I'm not fully through menopause.

Watching exercises on The View. It's so funny. Boy does Sherry look good. Zumba looks so fun. Anyone interested in them can go to the Views website.

Glad I didnt buy Walden Farms before everyone taste tested.

Have a good day all.
  • Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this thread and I'm just coming back to the boards after a long hiatus (and, of course, a weight gain!).

I did Medifast a few years back and lost 30 lbs in 3 months .. then, I went on vacation, got cocky & went off program, gained it all back PLUS (isn't that always the way!). Since then I've done a few other programs with minimal success.

I had a serious talk with my Dr about having lap band surgery .. I am 54, 5'6', almost 80 lbs overweight .. and have GERD, knee pains, and most recently - shortness of breath upon exertion ... I can't keep walking down this "self destructive" path. We decided that I'd try Medifast ONE more time before surgery - then I saw "Wonderslim" .. and read that it taste better than MF .. AND you can have fruit! (yay!). My Dr agreed so I ordered my starter kit .. it is due for delivery tomorrow.

Now, I am not saying lap band is a bad thing .. I have many friends who have had it with great success .. I'm just saying that I personally am not at that point where I feel I'm at my "last straw".

I'm praying that with Wonderslim, God, my online support friends, and Weight Watchers (I rejoined for the 800th time a few weeks ago ... am still going to go to the meeting for additional support ... plus that weekly scale will hold me accountable - they don't necessarily have to know I'm doing WS!) THIS TIME WILL BE MY SUCCESS STORY!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
    Talk to you all soon
  • Good morning all - Hope we all have a great day on plan. so far so good. I to am facing a challenge.I think my breast issue has started up again so thats a real problem. Im waiting to get in til Tues. so I will know more then .Im really not feeling well ,but happy to see whats going on soon.If I cant wait til then I will go to the ER this weekend . I hope this will be over. The whole thought of having this again is daunting since this is what triggered all of my weight gain(70lbs)in 6 months. Im staying on program nevertheless. I hope everyone has a great weekend .Im going to rest for now.
  • ok, verdict is IN: MIX match of low carb/atkins style and WS is NOT working for me. I have not lost a single pound all week I havent really cheated, minus broccoli soup, which really wasnt bad. anyhow now i know, I have have to just do one of the other. Im a little confused tho. WS says to do 3 MR, @ protein supp.and 1 snack a day. some of you say you are doing 5 MR a day and 1 LG which is what i prefer. BUT is your MR truly an MR like, the pudding, or are you also considering the "snacks" and entrees MR too? I know it sounds dumb of me, but you all are doing so great, will one of you give me a specific menu for your day? I just wanna get it right
    Scissor: FAB job 8 pounds is AWESOME
    EXTEX: You were right, pick one and stick. Thats my prob, the sticking part, bc when the scales dont move, like now, im convinced that my body is screwed up and wont lose then i quit and eat like i always do
    REKP: You were right too about the conflicting diets, i wonder then when people transition to low carb and use WS products as snack and what not, they can still lose weight?
  • I can't really speak for the Wonderslim "plan" per say, but I am doing the New Lifestyle Diet plan using a mix of new Lifestyle Diet and Wonderslim brand products (which both are exactly the same products made by the same manufacturer). Of course, I am doing the men's plan.

the new Lifestyle Diet plan for women allows daily:

5 Pudding/shakes/entrees (entrees, hot soup, chili, sloppy joe, oatmeal, cereal can be substituted for a shake/pudding---- so mix and match depending on your desired taste at the moment)

1 nutrition bar or snack item (chips, pretzels, snack bites)

1 lean and green meal (8 oz. lean meat with 2 cups of vegetables
    (Wonderslim plan only allows 4 oz. of lean meat iirc)

1 Hot Drink (which can be substituted with another shake/pudding if desired)

total calories somewhere around 1080 daily compared to Wonderslim plan of 1000-1200

I'm on day 5 right now and looks like I've lost a minimum of 4lbs so far, and thats with no exercise.
  • Nowisthetime, I view all of the WS products as a meal replacement, not snacks. I think only the hot drinks are low in calories and protein. Maybe this will help:

My plan:
    Breakfast- WS cereal, pancake or shake
    Midmorning snack-WS shake
    Lunch- WS entree (spicy pasta or veg. shile) or shake
    Snack-WS shake or bar
    Dinner- 7oz lean meat and two cups veggie (low carb)
    Late Snack (before 8pm)- WS hot drink or pudding

I also take a multi vitamin every day and drink TONS of water, at least 64 ozs.
    I am following Medifast plan guidelines with the WS products. The Medifast site has all the information you need in order to make good choices for the lean and green meal. I found it extremely helpful.

Again, hope this helps.

( i wanted to add, try not getting on the scale very often. I, too, get totally derailed if I don't see the dial move down on the scale. I took one member's advice and don't weigh myself as much. I now only weigh myself every two weeks. I think It will help me stay on plan. )
  • Shero, sorry about your day. I hate TOM. Try again tomorrow.

Scissor, I am so sorry to hear about your possible health issue. I can only imagine how stressful and scary that is. I hope all goes well with you.

Rose, Do you think the mayo would be good mixed in tuna? I would love to make tuna salad and I can not eat the stuff plain. Yick!

Welcome, ChattyOne! We're glad to have you here! I know our online support group has helped me immensely. I hope we help you too on your journey!

Toy??? Where are you????