3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   A Commitment, Not a Whim; Today I Started WonderSlim (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/247997-commitment-not-whim%3B-today-i-started-wonderslim.html)

TOY 12-01-2011 10:32 AM

A Commitment, Not a Whim; Today I Started WonderSlim

As the adage says, "Every journey begins with a single step."

My newest weight-loss journey began this morning. I discovered WonderSlim quite by accident as I was reviewing other programs I had done in the past with varying levels of success. This WonderSlim program appears to have blended several features of different programs that I liked. I feel as though I selected the parts I like best about each and someone combined it for me into this program.

Time will tell, of course. I have a long journey ahead and yes, I am aware that my lifestyle will change forever. However, I am intending to use this as a means to lose the weight and then transfer to a different approach for maintenance. My husband and I are both retired and one of the goals I have in mind is for us to be able to travel more once I am at a healthier weight. Toward that end I want to switch to a program which will not demand my packing my own supplies when I travel.

Again, that's a long way off but I didn't want to mislead anyone at the onset of my journey. My "destination" on WonderSlim is to leave my super-morbidly obese status behind forever regardless of the length of time it takes. I am on no particular time table and fully realize that this is going to take a considerable amount of time. My primary goal is to get healthier.

TOY 12-02-2011 10:57 AM

First day's observation of this program:

(1) The shaker bottle is wonderful! Anyone who uses a powdered shake for any diet should invest in one of the WS shaker bottles. I can't believe how much better it is than anything I've ever used...no leakage, no dried spots of powder in the drink, and easy to drink from. Wish I'd known about this shaker when I was on Medifast.

(2) I never had any problems with the taste of Medifast but I have to admit, these flavors are more delicious...at least the ones I have tried. They have a richer, fuller taste and don't taste as though they are missing an ingredient.

First day was a success. Time will tell if I can stick with this but my first impression is that this program has the best of several programs I have tried. On each of them I had success for a time so I'll plunge ahead in this one expecting good results.

TOY 12-04-2011 06:43 AM

Third day down on this progam and not even a desire to cheat. Who is this person? LOL

I am so surprised myself because generally the third and fifth day on any new diet are my worst of all...well, except for the random day down the road when I chuck the whole program.

What has me so surprised is that these foods are quite tasty. I must admit it has been a pleasant surprise and I really didn't believe that I would agree with other posters who said the same. I had my husband taste something last night and even he agreed of the tastiness. His remark was that it beats some of the commercial stuff on the market. High praise from someone who's never dieted!

By the way, all of you who are viewing the posts...please feel free to comment. I didn't mean for this to be a monologue thread. I just posted a couple of places and with one exception, never got a response. I just figured those threads must be retired or something. Anyway, please join in...the more, the merrier!

mominbigd 12-05-2011 08:41 PM

Good Luck on your journey! I've never heard of this company. Off to do some research!

irishchik 12-05-2011 08:53 PM

I am a huge fan of Wonderslim. I was picked up by Nutrisystem to be part of their blogger program so I left WS for NS. When I am done I plan to keep WS products on hand. I just love them!

TOY 12-06-2011 06:54 AM

Mominbigd, I was trying to decide between a couple of other programs I had been on in the past when I discovered WonderSlim. I had never heard of it before either but in my opinion, it brings the best of Nutrisystem and Medifast together. The taste is far better than any other "packaged" type shake/bar/pudding type diet I've ever been on before. I love the convenience and it's the easiest I've ever transitioned to a program. Maybe it's just that I was mindset ready...I'm not sure of the "why" but this has been the easiest transition I have ever made. I have been on this 5 days now and have not even been tempted to cheat. The food is tasty and satisfying which keeps me from veering.

I'm going to try to do something I've never done before this time, too. I'm going to "try" to not weigh until one month has a passed. I started on the first of the month so that means no weigh-in until January 1. Won't that be a wonderful New Year's Day surprise?

That's a very radical move for me but I have always let the scales dictate my mood on a diet. It's a pattern I've never been able to break. If I'm doing good, I celebrate...if I'm not, I commiserate and of course, both involve food. So this time, I'm trying to break away from the emotions the scales give me and just do the one-day-at-a-time approach and weigh-in monthly. I have no idea if I can withstand the pull of those scales but I am going to do my best. I think it will help me be more successful.

Irishchik, I agree. These products are very tasty and surprisingly filling for the small amount they are. They are definitely clicking for me because I don't feel deprived or left wanting like I do on so many other diet programs. Maybe I've finally locked in on the products that work best with my body chemistry!

Thanks to both of you for responding. I was getting a tad lonely in this thread all by myself...LOL. Look forward to hearing from you again whether here or elsewhere on the site. Have a good week!

TOY 12-08-2011 08:57 AM

Yesterday I finished Week 1 of my adventure with WonderSlim. I honestly cannot remember when a diet stressed me less. My plan is to weigh in one month (unless the doctor nixes that today) to see the progress.

Unless it is the freedom from the scales, I really don't understand why this plan has been so less stressful than others. I literally didn't go through the caffeine withdrawal or the cravings and the traditional third and fifth days were like any other. I am trying to follow the "eat every 2-3 hours" regime religiously so perhaps that is a factor.

It may also be that my mindset and attitude were right this time. I do believe that every diet works well with some of the people who use it...maybe this one is my success. I just know this has been easy and "mindless" and I haven't even had the desire to veer from the program.

Gee, maybe I've been overtaken by aliens...LOL

sweettooth726 12-10-2011 11:46 AM

Glad it's going well for you! I'm starting a combination of Medifast and Wonderslim Monday. Wish I'd discovered Wonderslim before I ordered from Medifast, it's so much cheaper.
Hope you see continued success! :carrot:

TOY 12-10-2011 12:22 PM

Thanks, Sweet Tooth! Good luck to you as you begin your journey.

I discovered WonderSlim quite by accident and must say I rather prefer it to Medifast. I did Medifast in the 80's and then again a couple of years ago. I tolerated the products but they just didn't satisfy like I feel WS products are.

Could be my age or maybe I have better determination this time...mystery to me...but this is my tenth day and it's been the easiest transition to a diet I've ever encountered! I'm really enthusiastic about long-term success with this program.

Hope you have time to drop in and share your success on your journey.

TOY 12-19-2011 12:13 PM

Today starts the 19th day of my program.

I am continuing to astonish myself with my determination and "lack of" cheating. There may have been a couple of times under doctors' supervision that I have gone this long without veering off-course but if so, it was out of fear of what they might say. I think I am a super example of a people pleaser...or at least I probably was until I retired. Not so much now.

Haven't started any type of exercise program yet but we're going tomorrow to join a water exercise place as a Christmas gift to us both. It will help relieve the stress on the joints by doing my walking in the water, etc.

Funny...I'm almost looking past Christmas since I am so excited for January 1 to get here so I can weigh. I actually don't think about it that much (which is surprising in itself) but when I do, I get a bit excited. Never...and I mean never...have I waited one whole month to weigh on any program I've ever done.

I can't decide if that resolve to stay off the scales is what is different or if I've just finally gotten in my right mindset but it really does seem different this time. Whatever it is...I hope it doesn't wear off!

Melsie52 12-19-2011 12:48 PM

One day at a time Toy. January is right around the corner and share and let us celebrate with you!

Melanie

TOY 12-22-2011 12:24 AM

Melsie, thanks for your encouragement. For the first time in my "dieting career" (wish that was a joke...unfortunately, NOT) I am doing my best to follow the one-day-at-a-time philosophy.

It does seem to be helping.

And, of course, I'll share my loss. I know my starting point and while I will not post what I weighed then or what I weigh on January 1, I will post the amount lost.

It will more than likely be my first action of 2012.

TOY 01-01-2012 01:27 AM

The clock struck midnight and in keeping with my "mental contract" with myself, I was off to the scales to weigh.

I started WonderSlim on December 1 and promised myself I would not weigh until January 1. It was an experiment with myself because since my weight changes so much due to fluid retention, the scales are not kind to me and can very easily derail my diet. I actually asked my doctor to approve what I wanted to do since he has once told me I needed to weigh at least every other day to keep the fluid in check. He supported me though when I told him my reasoning behind this variation of normal weigh-ins and with the caution that if I noticed swelling, I should weigh, he okayed my plan.

So...when the clock struck midnight and the new year began, I was (for once) actually excited to step on the scales.

Drum roll, please...

I have lost 19 pounds! That's not a typo...LOL...nineteen pounds! I am so excited and pleased.

Now I begin the second month with another weigh-in scheduled for February 1. (I've dieted enough "years" to know that the first loss includes water weight but it's still part of the number on the scale. I do realize...in case anyone reading this thinks I'm setting myself up to be disappointed next month...that the second month and subsequent months will probably be less but it's just a boost to start this journey with that loss. I have many, many months ahead but I'm still sticking to my one-day-at-a-time plan and it is working...woo hoo!)

CANi2012 01-02-2012 06:56 PM

Congratulations on your pounds lost!!! Keep up the good work!

TOY 01-02-2012 07:58 PM

Thanks, CANi2012. I appreciate the encouragement.

Hope your year has gotten off to a good start.