Sick and Tired of Being Fat!

• Hello Everyone! I just found this great forum and have been reading it over the past week and decided to give Medifast a try.

Yesterday was my first day on Medifast. It was not easy, after the first 2 meals I started to get hungry and had a salad during lunch which kind of brought me back to my senses. Throughout the day I was feeling tad weak and light headed again so I decided to chug a liter of water and that seem to really do the trick. I figured out the water is key, everytime I would get little hungry, a glass of water fixed it.

Today has been a little easier but I still have the impulse to eat fast food when colleagues bring in Burgers and Pizza, the smell of that stuff is intoxicating!

Anyhow, I hope writing this will help me focus and keep me on track. Any comments or suggestions are welcomed!
  • Today is day 5, and still going strong! This is the longest I have stuck to a diet and surprisingly this is the most strict diet I have been on.
  • Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • Ashley, Thanks!

Today is day 7 and I think I have taken a drastic change in my life. I am not actually looking forward to salads and no longer tempted by fast food and candies like I use to.
  • Woohoo! Go Costas!!!
  • Thank you! Today is day 14. It was kind of hard for me last night when I came home to my entire family getting ready for dinner, everyone knew I was dieting but they kept insisting that I would have a bite with them especially because I have been super strict. In the end, I prevailed and just had a shake. I don't know if it will be so easy next time. But I know that I don't deserve any big treats any time soon.
  • I know how you feel. I know what food myself I am allowed and not allowed, and even when I tell people, parents etc I am not allowed it, they say sure a little bit will be fine, or sure its still a vegetable its healthy. It annoys me though because they think they know my plan and just presume I am allowed all vegetables, because vegetables are healthy. Or I will measure the quantity of potato/rice/pasta - or carbs for example I am allowed, and what do they say? "Go on have another bit there isnt much there to fill you?". Must say it really p's me off!! Stay strong though, at the end of the day its YOU who needs and wants to make it work.
  • Thanks Irish, glad you can understand. My family has been real supportive but they just are need in my shoes.

On a happier note, I am glad to report that I lost 8 pounds in first 2 weeks. This has motivated me more than ever!
  • I think I got this stuff on lock down, I am going into week 4 as of yesterday and could not be happier with the way things are turning out. At the conclusion of week 3, I had lost a total of 11 pounds in the first 3 weeks. To celebrate a little, I made my self a burger because I had not had anything other than chicken or fish since the diet started. However, I kept things really healthy by finding the flat bread with only 100 calories and using the lean cut of meat with no sauce. It was delicious! I also rewarded my self with a Beck's Light Beer which only has about 65 calories.

Rejoice!