3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Bistro Buddies New Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/229965-bistro-buddies-new-thread.html)

mercer1122 04-14-2011 03:16 PM

My week2 is coming today. We shall see. My body is having some trouble dealing with the high protein. I do prefer basic food. Just because I haven't liked it doesn't mean you won't Mistiff. Good luck!

kifli 04-14-2011 05:15 PM

Hi everyone. Still in Europe, but will be headed back next Monday. So I have definitely gained this last week. My pants and stomach are confirming it. My husband and I had some alone time while his family watched the kids for us. We didn't have a lot of time, so we went out for dinner, followed by dessert. Also his Aunt Eva cooks wonderful food and I overate.

Honestly, I can't wait to get back to the states, because I really dislike this new weight gain. I feel out of control eating like this and I don't like it. I do know how to control portions, but it's just a lot harder when you are on vacation. I think this break has really given me some real motivation to 'hit it hard' this next two months. So we'll just have to see how much my ticker needs to move up from the gain.

Nice to hear from you Lisa. Sitting in the back, car sick...Reminds me of the time I went ocean fishing with my dad on a charter boat. Enough said.
Those new to BMD - welcome =)
I did it for a short while and it does work, and the food is more nutritious and of higher quality (I did JC after my first pregnancy and lost weight, but did not eat as many veggies while on that plan). Currently calorie counting, which works for me. Like the people on this thread, so I keep posting here. You guys make the journey a great one =)

LBBUGS13 04-16-2011 12:17 PM

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great week. Weigh in day, I am always hopefully and yet dread it at the same time. Down another pound, and I did kick up the exercise this week. The way i am going it will take me 30 weeks to get to goal, but it is better than nothing.:^:

Got in two 30 minute walks, one in the hail, and twice on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Today is house cleaning, amazing how many calories you burn vacuuming a large house. Yesterday I was off and did all my visiting with my mom and then my dad. Trying to figure out what the my plan will be because I was only going to do this to jump start myself and will go off BMD in another month. I admit I was hoping to drop more weight in 3 months, but it is what it is. I have been looking at signing up for the the Zone, which will mean shopping, prepping, planning, and using their products like bagels, pasta, etc.,but I can't do this forever unfortunately due to the costs. I also bought the new Eat this not That cookbook to get some ideas. Got to have a plan of action before so I don't slip back into the eat whatever like before.

K, good to hear from you, I will be on the calories counting bandwagon with you soon, but will probably still check in, sounds like you are ready to hit the ground running when you get back.

Mercer, it took me a couple of weeks to figure out what I didn't like and if you email them, they are really good about substituting what you don't like. Now granted if I could I would eat the cinnamon pancakes every day, but I can't:)

Tweets, sounds like things are coming together for you, hope the scale is going downs, down for you. Sounds like you are on a roll.

Joyful, good to hear from you and big congrats on down to the last four pounds, that is awesome:carrot:

Misstiff 04-16-2011 11:18 PM

Hello everyone had to check in and let you know that I got my first shipment and so far I have LOVED every meal. The only thing that wasn't to great was one of snack packs kind of a healthy chex mix, it was ok but not wonderful. I am impressed with the meals so far.

Misstiff 04-17-2011 06:55 PM

Well I am leaving for a business trip starting tomorrow and I will be gone for 3 days so I am praying that I will be able to make the best choices possible I have lost 2 more pounds so that is going to keep me motivated. I will return on Thursday so I hope I can keep my will power up. I will be checking in when I get back!

Danni72 04-22-2011 04:01 PM

Hello

Glad I found new thread!

Well im still averaging about 1-2 lbs a week. Going to get a gym membership soon to help.

I was wondering if some of you could list the meals you liked most and least? I liked Spinach Mushroom Crepe and Turkey Picadillo the most. The least- Prob the Mediterrean Chicken and Shrimp Gumbo. The chicken was dry and shrimp too saucy.

LBBUGS13 04-23-2011 01:33 PM

Hi,

Weigh in day, dropped 2.2 pounds this week and got in five 30 minute walks, and three 30 minute sessions with part time using small hand weights on the treadmill this week. For my last few weeks on BMD I will be using up my extra meals that I missed, and just having the wine as my cheat on Saturday. I have 28 more pounds to go to goal and will most like be switching over to the biggest loser plan, I have had success with that program and you are able to work in things that you like like wine & chocolate and still lose weight, which is something I need in a plan so I don't feel deprived or start obsessing with food on TV.

Danni, my favorite meals have been the berry crepes, cinnamon pancakes,stuffed French toast, the bagel with maple butter, chicken & mushroom crepes for breakfast. For lunch my favorites have been the steak wrap - the spinach side, but I like the wrap so much I admit I just dump that part; arroz con polo with some low fat greek yogurt & salsa, turkey bolognese,chicken & roasted apples, dragonfly chicken, cheese tortiellini, shrimp primavera,bangers & mash. Dinners are anything with pasta (penne vodka pasta, beef tips I. Red wine, salmon, beef tips w/mushrooms, chicken & roasted apples.

When I look back there was more that I liked than disliked, which is good. I admit the last two weeks I did add that I didn't want any more of the pureed squash, cut up is one thing, baby food is another. A lot of things I do add salsa or tbsp of Greek yogurt to make taste better, but I added those into my calories for the day and were usually no more than 30 calories for each tops. I have there weeks until my big 50 and would like to drop 5 more pounds, we will see. I am still coming in weighing less than I started.

Today is washing car, trimming bushes and cleaning out closets. I want to get rid of all the stuff that is too big, I don't want to go there again. Keeping them is like saying I may need those, they are always in the back of your mind, or a fall back. Prudent hubby wants me to box them up just in case, he sees all the $$$$ going out the door. I think I need to donate to those in need the too big and the too small ( I have been hanging on to my size 6's like they were a life raft. Not sure that I can get to that size and maintain. So both sets are kind of a crutch or fall back.

Sorry for the novel, everyone have a great weekend.

Lisa

Pluto Is A Planet 04-25-2011 06:45 PM

Hi All,

I've been MIA, swamped with work - the only good thing I can say is that for once, all the added work stress has not lead me to over eat - so no weight gained, but also no time for exercise so I'm still holding steady. Things will be clearing up this week, so I'll be back on the exercise kick. I'm going to switch from 7 days no snacks to 5 days no snacks - love the food, but trying to transition back to cooking for myself. Going to try cooking on the weekends - the weather is starting to warm up and I'm a big fan of cooking outdoors on the grill. Looking forward to grilled veggies, chicken/shrimp kabobs, salmon.... the list could go on and on

Congrats to all for the continued weight loss - Hope everyone has a great week!

Pluto

LBBUGS13 04-25-2011 10:12 PM

Hi all,

Kifli, love your picture!

Saturday was a bad, ate an extra BMD meal and then blew it with nachos. Should have stuck with my cheat meal, but I am back on track. First time in over 2 months that I slipped up on this program, and I had not had a chip in all that time.

Pluto, looking forward to hearing how you do on five days, I am going to continue until mid may, need to send them an email that the week of May 9th will be my last shipment. I am out of town for a few days around that time, so will have to eat on my own starting then anyway. I am a little scared about slipping up, but if I can lose the last 20 pounds by the end of summer and then need to learn to maintain. Hopefully I can get it right

Lisa

Misstiff 04-26-2011 11:02 PM

Just weighed in today lost additional 3lbs so far makes for a total of 12 lbs!!

kifli 04-27-2011 01:42 AM

Congrats Misstiff! There are only a couple of things that make me feel like a million bucks:
1. a great haircut and color (never seems to happen anymore)
2. a 3 pound loss (that never seems to happen anymore either =0)

Misstiff 04-29-2011 03:38 PM

It does get harder

Quote:

Originally Posted by kifli (Post 3825426)
Congrats Misstiff! There are only a couple of things that make me feel like a million bucks:
1. a great haircut and color (never seems to happen anymore)
2. a 3 pound loss (that never seems to happen anymore either =0)

Kifli it does get harder the smaller you get that's for sure but Im going to enjoy it while the 3 lbs weeks last :). I do agree with a great haircut and color, Im lucky my mom is a hairstylist so I have never gotten my hair done by anyone else and although she no longer has her shop, she still does my hair LOL :)!! What can I say I'm spoiled!!!

kifli 04-30-2011 01:44 AM

Misstiff - That's funny about your mom. It seems whenever I see someone with great hair, I ask them who does it and I always get told it's a family member no longer working in a salon. Just my luck! Hoping for good hair again one day. Also hoping for a loss next week. No change in weight this week.

Pluto Is A Planet 04-30-2011 09:02 AM

Hi All,

Down 2.5lbs this week :carrot: - wow, what a relief! My 5 days/week meal plan starts with next week's delivery. I'm a little nervous, but we'll see how it goes. The other thing I'm considering is asking for 5 days of lunches and dinners only. That may be my next step in the transition. Breakfast is my favorite meal and I actually was eating fairly similarly to the breakfast meals BMD sends, so that shouldn't be a drastic change.

Lisa, I've had a couple of slips along the way but haven't let them totally derail me - you'll be fine!

Congrats on the weight loss, Misstiff - Awesome!

Well, I'm off to the golf course - walking all 18 holes, takes about 4-5 hours (that's my exercise for today).

Everyone have a great weekend!

LBBUGS13 04-30-2011 01:00 PM

Hi all,

Down a pound but had a few slip ups this week, and didn't get a lot of exercise in, plus TOM.

Pluto, congrats on the 2.5 pounds this week, have a great time golfing, that is a lot of walking. I am thinking about going to five days only next shipment, are you just counting calories for the other two days. I admit I am a little anxious about cutting off BMD, it is so nice to just grab and go.

Kifli, a great haircut is a good thing. I am getting mine highlighted and foiled next week for a treat to myself for my birthday, just had it cut short too. I usually color myself, but wanted more highlights and a little edger than normal as a treat to myself.

Wanted to share one of my new fav snacks, I use 1/3 cup Trader Joes 2% Greek yogurt, splash of pure vanilla, packet of trivia sweetener and some semi frozen raspberries and small blueberries, about a 1/2 cup. I have never taken to the Greek yogurts before and the nonfat plain seems too runny, this is like having a thick berry shake. I put into one of my cocktail glasses. It is yummy and I am getting all the goodness without all the sugars the premixed yogurts have. I was shocked when I looked one the other day to see how many grams of sugar were in it.

Got lots to do today, and hope the rain clears up, the birds did a fly by on my car and I need to wash and then clean house, which burns a lot of calories. Trying to find different ways to count exercise.

Take care nd have a great weekend.

Lisa