3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Anyone doing Nutrisystem? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/222077-anyone-doing-nutrisystem.html)

huntress 01-11-2011 09:02 AM

Anyone doing Nutrisystem?

I just got my food and will be starting the program today and I was wondering if anybody out there is doing this. Would love to have someone to talk to.

starfishkitty 01-11-2011 10:06 AM

I'm not doing it anymore, but I started my healthy lifestyle using Nutrisystem. I used it for about 4 to 5 months, and lost my first 40ish pounds on it. I kept on going and continued to be successful because I used the system to teach me portions and types of food to eat. From it, I began to count calories and haven't looked back since. :)

Word of advice: Use their chart of portion sizes along with a calorie book and you'll quickly see how the calories are used throughout the day. :)

Good luck!! :hug:

fitbyforty 01-11-2011 03:55 PM

I did nutrisystem for awhile.I highly recommend the website message boards.The recipe swap had tons of ideas for doctoring up the food.I was never hungry on Nutrisystem.

diane1224 01-11-2011 05:17 PM

Just started and I love it so far! Plan to lose 25 lbs. I got in on the current special. It is 10 days of frozen, 18 days of shelf stable for the price of just shelf stable. I've heard they will run that until the end of January. Is that what you did?

huntress 01-11-2011 05:56 PM

Thanks all for your replies. I had previously lost 50 lbs on my own through WW and calorie counting but then gave up for a while and gained 10 lbs. I had been looking at Nutrisystem for a while and liked the idea of the convenience. I live in an area where there's still a storefront and I purchased my food from there. It's all shelf stable so no Diane, to answer your question I do not have the frozen foods. For the time being I intend to keep buying my food 2 weeks at a time until I get bored with the selection and then I might order online. I'm not through the first day yet but I have not been hungry at all and haven't yet eaten everything I'm supposed to. Also I signed up online for a free membership and then download the app to my android phone and this makes working the program so easy. I'm loving it so far. I will say however my first breakfast choice was the egg frittata and I could not eat it so I threw it away and had cereal which was really good.

starfishkitty 01-12-2011 12:25 PM

Ugh... yeah, their eggs are definitely on the nasty side!

irishchik 01-13-2011 01:47 PM

I am starting in 2 weeks! Pretty excited about it. I will be 36 this July. I was on NS when I was 15-16 and did well on it. But at that age I really did not take the time to learn things, I just wanted to lose weight. I tried again a few years ago, but finances got in the way.

I am chrysa1 on the NS forums. Maybe I will see you there.

Lilstarrs 01-15-2011 12:12 PM

I just started NS today. I'm curious about what kind of exercise routines people added to their NS diets. The ones that are described in the manuals seem pretty... easy, honestly. Just walking for a half hour. (I'm a New Yorker and I walk about a half hour a day anyway -- if just walking were enough to help me lose weight, I'd probably not be as heavy as I am!)

irishchik 02-17-2011 01:12 PM

I was walking on my treadmill, but it just died last week. So now I am just trying out dvds and dusting off my old ones until I decide if I want to buy another treadmill.

FattyFatFat 03-08-2011 08:35 PM

@irish, treadmills are kind of boring. You have to find a trail or something to walk so you can stay more motivated. It's easier to want to take the trail because you always see new things, new animals, new people, etc. The treadmill leaves no expectations so you kinda wean off of it anyways eventually.