Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #211  
WonderSlim WannaBe

S/C/G: 266/270/150 (eek I gained)

Height: 5'4

Thanks LittleCamper, That sounds like a good idea. I am already trying to figure out what I want in my next order but should wait till the starter kit comes so then I will know what I will and won't like...

BTW I added you to my buddy list
Old 12-30-2010, 03:56 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Fantastic. I just added you too. I think this is a great thing we are doing, and I am glad we are both starting at the same time. A little extra motivation. I don't know about you, but day one for me is Saturday and I can hardly wait. I am ready, set and motivated. Of course, Friday is one of the most indulgent days of the year for me. It is my 14th anniversary with my bf and we tend to have too much of a nice meal and of course too much champagne. I just cant cancel the celebration this year, so I am calling it a Wonderslim Welcome Party.

Hope your celebration turns out to be awesome, same for you Kristikins and everyone else here. Blessings this year!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #213  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCamper View Post
Fantastic. I just added you too. I think this is a great thing we are doing, and I am glad we are both starting at the same time. A little extra motivation. I don't know about you, but day one for me is Saturday and I can hardly wait. I am ready, set and motivated. Of course, Friday is one of the most indulgent days of the year for me. It is my 14th anniversary with my bf and we tend to have too much of a nice meal and of course too much champagne. I just cant cancel the celebration this year, so I am calling it a Wonderslim Welcome Party.

Hope your celebration turns out to be awesome, same for you Kristikins and everyone else here. Blessings this year!

Well I can't exactly start until my order comes in, so either January 15 or February 1. Thats great you and your BF have been together 14yrs. My hubby and I have been together 10yrs in March and Married 5yrs. Thank god I got tomorrow and Saturday off of work, I can have some fun tomorrow night, just at home watching movies but I can drink all I want...lol.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #214  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Have A Happy New Year Everyone!!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #215  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Hello 2011, This will be the year that I will loose enough weight to get Pregnant! Hopefully nearer the beginning or middle and not the end...lol
Old 01-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #216  

Hope everyone had a great New Years celebration. I kicked off the New year with a great evening with my bf and started the new year with with WS. I think my bf is gonna quit fast. He likes the shakes, with Kristikins recipes. They are pretty yummy. The smoothies are great too. I added some strawberries and actually really like the berry yogurt. The problem is the lite entrees. I think they are ok, but my bf is having a lot of trouble already. He couldn't finish the vegetarian joe at all. I added onions to mine and thought it was ok. He also found the spicy mac in his words "repulsive." Odd, I really like the spicy mac.
So, does anyone have any suggestions for things that we can replace WS entrees for him and keep him mostly on the plan? He is a really big guy who can't weigh himself on our bathroom scale so we have no idea what he weighs. I want to get both of us healthy and I like this plan. Are lean cuisine's an acceptable replacement, or any canned soups? Let me know if you have any ideas that will help.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #217  

Just started wonderslim as well, had a few missteps at first with the food, I was just estimating how much water to put in and doing a bad job of it, with shockingly terrible results. So far I don't really like the shakes at all, but I've never liked any protein shake before. Hopefully as I try more of the flavors I'll find a few I like. If it doesn't get any better I am just going to add as little water as possible so I have less to choke down... The bars are waaaay better then other protein bars I have tried, so thats a plus.

I don't know about replacing the entrees with a lean cuisine, lean cuisines are usually around 200+ calories, but looking at the men's plan he gets a starch and an optional with his entree so maybe it could even out calorie wise. Not all lean cuisines (or Smart Ones, etc) are high protein, so you would need to read the nutrition labels.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #218  

DiKKY- congratulations on starting WS. I have to say I tried Medifast before and it was terrible. WS is soooo much better. As for the shakes, check out Kristikins receipe posts from a while back. They are really good. I think the trick is the flavored syrups. And thanks for the info on the lean cuisines and smart ones. I am sorry to report that my bf has quit. He has a horrible headache and is whining so much and he is blaming it all on the entrees. I think he will regret it when he sees my future success.
Nobody likes a quitter.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:20 AM   #219  
WonderSlim WannaBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCamper View Post
DiKKY- congratulations on starting WS. I have to say I tried Medifast before and it was terrible. WS is soooo much better. As for the shakes, check out Kristikins receipe posts from a while back. They are really good. I think the trick is the flavored syrups. And thanks for the info on the lean cuisines and smart ones. I am sorry to report that my bf has quit. He has a horrible headache and is whining so much and he is blaming it all on the entrees. I think he will regret it when he sees my future success.
Nobody likes a quitter.
, I'm sorry to hear that he gave up so soon. Maybe he isn't ready yet to completely commit to loosing weight. He needs more motivation and I do hope seeing the way you are improving he will see that as enough motivation.
I will let you know when my order arrives......
Old 01-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #220  

Yay Day 1 of my WS re-birth post holidays/wedding food fest! I have enough WS food I think, I split half of it with my Mama. She has a lap band and just got a fill and I think they finally got her tight enough. Her bariatric doctor has a plan that is remarkably do able and uses the 100 calorie protein shakes, in boxes that look just like WS, and he even lists Wonderslim on his diet plan as an acceptable shake! I have never seen a doctor endorse WS itself so I was really happy to see it.

Little Camper, the doctor has put my mother (and I am putting myself, since Jan. 15, 2011 is my 4 year anniversary of my gastric bypass and I have gained 30 lbs back from my lowest weight) on a plan that I will list for you. It looks a lot like "Impatient Dieter"(a YouTube personality who uses WS) plan but this is coming from a doctor....You stay between 1,000-1,200 calories a day. For breaky, you have 1 or 2 WS shakes. AM Snack is a WS snack. Lunch is a Lean Cuisines/Smart One/Kashi frozen meal between 250-300 calories. Afternoon snack is a protein shake. Dinner is another frozen meal between 250-300 calories and then PM snack is a WS shake or snack....Just staying between those calorie req's. And of course drinking TONS of water in between meals. Taking a multi-vitamin as well. His literature says you can stay on this plan until you reach goal. He does have an option to kick start the plan where you have only the shakes and no solid food but I just don't think I can swing that one! I would pass out, especially with the amount of food I have grown accustomed to eating.

I got on a body fat scale at the doctor's and it said I should be between 135-143 for the best body fat. I have unfortunately GAINED a lot of FAT lately, not muscle. At least since the last time I got on this scale, maybe in 2009. I actually lost precious muscle which is understandable since I was not exercising much. Anyway, ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful on plan day!! And I will check in later for accountability!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #221  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hello everyone and welcome 2011!!! Today is my re-newed dedication to WS! I took off a few days thru the holidays and luckily it only set me back about 6 pounds...not good to have a gain; but 6 pounds will be gone in week or so! I'm gonna tweak my WS plan too; gonna do more shakes and less of their meals - need to find that happy balance for me again...I like 1200 calories a day; makes me feel good - not stuffed and bloated and definitely not starving! Plus I saw GREAT results with 1200! Just need to figure out my strategy to get me at 1200 daily!

Camper - sorry to hear your BF gave up. But like Smiley said - he'll see the results you are getting and will want to join ya again! I posted some time back that food is fuel - not entertainment, not a comforter and not for boredom - fuel for our bodies - that's all! If he could get to that understanding he wouldn't care that the food doesn't taste like Moma's home made yummies. You just keep on trekking toward the light at the end of the tunnel - he'll follow! Oh...not sure if you read my posts on adding stuff to the meals to make them yummy - FF sour cream will go a long way to sprucing up the Vegi joe - well, heck...all of the meals!! And some even add extra veggies to bulk'em up too! (i've not done that - but may try it!)

Smiley - You just keep doing what you know is right..you'll be pregnant in no time and then you'll have a crying, pooping, eating machine and you'll be asking yourself "why'd I want this"...:-) keep your chin up girlie!

Atty - So good to see your back!! Fat schmat...you know what it takes to get it off - regain that muscle and look and feel fabulous! Nose to the grindstone girl...

I purchased Chrystal's ws leftovers - so I have no doubt the meals she'll be sending me will push me on to the goal; all I should have to get extra will be shakes! YAY!!

Hope you all have a wonderful 2011 - we will work on this weight loss together and will be hitting our goals soon! WOOT WOOT!!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #222  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Kur-thunk!

That was me falling off the WS wagon! Between the week before Thanksgiving and today, I re-gained 4.5 pounds!

But I am also re-committed and ready to hit the ground running (even if I am going to cancel our gym membership.) I am thrilled to see DD's special this week includes the Bariwise protein bars-carmel crunch is absolutely the BEST!!!! Yum!! I am stocking up.

I'm pleased that I am still fitting into size 14 pants - I purchased another pair of jeans during this time.

I really, really, really want to go to Europe this year so I'm going to check into that and I really want to wear "normal" sized clothes so I can buy things there. If Europe doesn't work out, we'll do a cruise and I'll still want to weigh less!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #223  

Thanks BrunetteAtty for the plan your Dr. listed out. I am going to propose that to my BF tonight to see if he will rejoin me. I think with the two meals and not a WS entree he may be able to do it.

Kristikins *DOING THE HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU* so glad to see your enthusiasm. It really helps to have a great motivator/cheerleader like you. Plus, your shake recipes are fabulous. I have used several and no missteps so far!

Goddessmeg, at least you only fell off the wagon and not the mountain! Dust yourself off and get ready for that European Vacay. I personally have taken a few trips to Europe, but I worked for a cruiseline in College. I would definitly recommend the cruise. Even better, I would take a Mediterranean cruise. Best of both worlds.

Good luck all with the renewed enthusiasm and commitment.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 282/267/175

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi all!! I've been lurking on this forum for a few weeks while i ordered my WS starter kit and then waited until after the holiday craziness to start today

So far so good! I had the apple cinnamon oatmeal this morning (probably would have ben better had i eaten it right after cooking it instead of forgetting it and eating after i had a shower...but still okay reheated and with a little extra water. Over the morning i managed to get in two shakes (mocha and strawberry--both surprisingly tasty. Much better than some other protein shakes I have in the cabinet right now), 4 oz of banana. I need to plato get that early breakfast in. I've gotten in the habit of grabbing coffee on the way out the door to take my son to school. Lunch was the creamy chicken soup and a bar. So didn't feel like enough food so i also had some cut cucumbers and carrots. Soup was good (a bit of an aftertaste, but nothing offensive) and the double peanut butter bar was delish. I pre made the cheesecake dessert so it would be good and chilled. Dinner will be some chicken on a salad with lots of veggies and a side of some starch. (rice?)

Looking forward to checking in with you inspirational ladies and getting off to a great start for the n ew year
Old 01-03-2011, 05:13 PM   #225  

So, my first mini goal this year is to lose 15lbs. I know I shouldn't have, but I stepped on a scale today and it shows a 6.6lb loss. I think my scale must be broken because that is a huge number for just a few days. If it is true then I have a great head start on that goal. *YIPEE YIPEE*
Closed Thread