Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #181  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Dezzie - I'm sorry you are struggling with hunger..are you getting your water in? Perhaps you're not eating enough? There are lots of reasons why you may be at a stall or not loosing fast - that said, fast isn't always a good way to loose (although it is the most encouraging!). From your description though, it sounds like you may not be getting enough calories to carry you thru the day w/ out hunger therefore you won't loose if you're body thinks you are starving it! It's a sick little game that our bodies play on us! Most of the big losses that folks see that first week are water - not fat. So if you were a water drinker before WS, you may not have had that much water to loose and your 5 pounds is likely fat! YAY! That being said 5 pounds is 5 pounds! I hope I've helped, I know it can be a crapper to not loose fast and feel like you're depriving yourself...hang in there girl...and maybe try to increase your calories a smidge!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #182  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Well, we are back from our mini-vaca; and back to work for us. It was a FUN trip and luckily the weather coming home was much better than going! It was 30 on the way - snowy, icy and YUK! But coming back yesterday it was in the 40's and sunny! We have already booked for next year too! Hubs and I toured the Titanic museum; absolutely amazing! They even have a place with water in it that's the same 28 degrees as it was that fateful night - so you can stick your hand in it and see how bone chilling it was! We finished watching the Titanic movie last night too; also amazing how they took so much fact from eye wittnesses and incorporated it into the movie!

Gotta get busy - later chickies!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 221.8/178.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone! Happy Holidays!!
Well I am trying to catch up on everyone's posts at least from the last few days. I hope everyone is well!?
I have had such discipline this holiday season. I have surprised myself for sure.
I can count on one hand any sweets or anything I have had since Thanksgiving. And so far after something like 57 days, I lost my first 20 lbs! YYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!
And I noticed I haven't really ordered much of my Wonderslim stuff.
I still eat it, but not as dilligently. I just make better choices.

I tend to eat the cereals but if not, I have egg beaters and fruit, or small cup of cottage cheese (low fat, 1/2 cup at most). Lots of fruits and greens. Seasoned tuna (no mayo) with crackers for lunch or my WS pastas...trying to stay on the eating many times a day, that's hard sometimes as much as I run around. But doing ok. I just noticed that since I have cut soda, bread, big glasses of milk etc out of the pictures, its melting off (for now.)

Keep on losing everyone! Good luck and Happy Holidays!!!
Erin
Old 12-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 245/229.8/140

Height: 5ft 5in

Default Hi all

Well, after reading this forum I ordered WS. My box comes tomorrow!!! I am pretty excited, but worried. A while back I tried Medifast and it was just so awful I made it less than one week. I read a lot of reviews that WS is much better. My biggest question to everyone is, why does it seem like nobody does the plan as it is laid out? Is it too hard, or are all the substitutions allowed?

So, looking forward to my box and letting you all know how my work in progress goes.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #185  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Hi Little Camper! Welcome to our WS group! I've not tried MF - but I think WS is good! You said you've read the forum - so I'm assuming that you took notes on how I fix my shakes??...that's the BEST way - to make'em super YUMMY! If you didn't take notes - let me know and I'll hunt down the post number for ya!
As for why few follow the "plan" - I'm not real sure. I guess maybe they need more variety in their day, maybe it makes WS easier to do - if you're tweaking it to your own liking...I try to follow - when I'm being good - as closely as I can anyway. Sometimes are better than others; but I will be kicking it into high gear on jan 1st! If you follow the plan, strictly, you'll see better and quicker results I think - but sometimes we fall into our old routines and begin to tweak WS's plan. Check out easywayshow.com she's got some great tips on there - she's lost a BUNCH of pounds, and did it in a few months by tweaking it her own way!
Can't wait for you to get your box! It's like Christmas for YOU!!! Have fun with the sorting; and try not to get overwhelmed! I work outside my home - and so when I started WS I'd pack a gallon zip loc baggie with my food for the whole week; I had a bag for each day. Once my baggie was empty for that day - I was done eating, until I got home for my dinner (dinner is the meal I eat w/ my family). It really helped me to stay organized and keep up with what I'd eaten and what I hadn't eaten! Some of the girls use those over the door shoe things to put their packets in. Hope these tips help ya keep things straight!
Have a wonderful day!
Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Soooo...I made a *great* shake today. I used a vanilla WS pudding/shake mix, 8 oz water, and about 1/4 tsp banana flavoring (the unsweetened kind that I got at Kroger a couple weeks ago) and about a tsp of caramel Torani sugar-free syrup. It tasted like one of those banana fudge-cicles! Soo great!

I am not struggling as much with the hunger, but am kind of struggling with not losing very much. I lost 4lbs the first week and this is my second full week- tomorrow's my weigh-in day (officially) and I think I'm only going to have lost about a pound!! I figured I would plateau eventually, but I'm not very thrilled about having been on such a restrictive diet and starving all week for a skeensy pound of loss. Still, I know it's something...

About tweaking WS- I think a lot of it has to do with just kind of getting the learning curve down of how to fix the meals. There are a lot of options, but I do think that a lot of the pastas and soups taste a lot alike, and the sweet stuff is not that sweet or that interesting, really, so adding herbs and hot sauce or zero-calorie extracts/syrups to them really does help A LOT with the taste for me. WS is GOOD for packaged, dry, diet food, but it IS still packaged, dry diet food! I think a lot of it has to do with them knowing that this has to go out to a large market of people with different tastes, so if it's fairly bland and inoffensive, more people will be able to stick with it.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:03 AM   #187  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Dez - I think you're right on your reasoning as to why WS needs a little kick! Personally I like the meals (well, the Chz steak Mac and Spicy one are my fav - but I do add a dollop of FF sr cream to both of them!) As for a slow weight loss - I know it gets discouraging when loosing slowly - but you've got to think - this is the holiday time, when folks are force feeding you and it's mostly bad for you stuff; so a loss during this time, no matter how small - or heck even a maintain - will be a step in the right direction! Myself, I'm hanging on as best I can until Jan 1st - get these stinking holidays behind me and then I'm gonna be bustin' a big ole move on sticking to WS plan, riding my indoor bike and getting this FAT off my body for good!

I brought the rest of my gifts to work today - gotta get them wrapped!
Old 12-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #188  

Kristikins- thanks. Your shake receipe sounds wonderful and i can't wait to try it. As it is, I am planning on starting WS January 1, since the holidays are always super busy with a bunch of food parties and such. I know myself and I know there is no way to start anything until after the holidays. I am a cheater and don't want to fail right out of the gate. But at least I have a little over a week to clear out the crap from my kitchen and get other stuff from the store.
Can I ask, is anyone else a coffee addict? Is there any way to work in the coffee? I usually have a large travel mug (2 cups) with two splenda and a cinnamon or hazelnut cream. I have not ever seen a low cal or fat free flavored creamer. Any ideas?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #189  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Camper - You are thinking right - don't attempt a new eating regimen right at the holidays - could foil your whole plan! Would mine!! As for coffee - you can mix your shakes in cold coffee (i use decaf inst. coffee granuals in mine); have you tried the hazelnut Tornai sf syrup? It's sweetened w/ Splenda - may be your trick! You can get TONS of Tornai flavors online if your Walmart doesn't have a bunch - our WMT only carries, Vanilla, Choc, Kahlua, Hazelnut. As for making is creamier - use unsweetened Almond Milk - WAY less calories than milk; but still yummy good!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #190  

Sounds like everyone is doing ok with the holidays! Great non scale victories!

When I started the WS/NL journey it was due in part that DHS had taken away my food assistance. Well, reduced it from $200 to $16. I complained and sent in papers, nothing about my living situation or income has changed. So, I have no idea why such a change. Anyway, I figured, well if I have to pay for groceries, may as well by some WS food. Now I have a credit card bill of about $400 lol Now I can use my food benefits to make the transition into grocery store foods.

Lately, I find myself bored. Seems to be a problem I have when following any plan, aside from Weight Watchers, where I can eat whatever. I have learned a lot from the weeks I have spent on WS, so honestly, I am happy and it was not a total loss.

However, I would like to get my credit card bill taken care of and its too late for me to return the food. So eBay, here I come. That is really the only thing I know to do with it. Otherwise it might just sit here and collect dust.

I AM still going to follow the guidelines of the WS plan as well as I have finally found an exercise plan that works for me! I took the time to roam my local grocery store to find comparable products, at least the best they offer. Protein is not really an issue for me as hunger is not the problem, emotional eating is. I am working on that too.

I have made a list of the items on WS I like and the nutritional info. I am sure the grocery store folks thought I was a mystery shopper or something. I went during the day when no one was there. And read, read, read all the labels of things. Some are pal in comparison, and some are close enough.

I also have a discount store that sells open boxed, dinged canned items for 80% off retail. I got my freezer, fridge and cupboards stocked for $100. I will be glad when I am done with school and can work more so I dont have to deal with this. Although, I will always shop on a budget! I prefer the more for less method. HAHAH

So, breakfast items I am going to use
skim milk
kroger brand eggbeaters
dozen eggs (i do egg whites, my family eats the yolks in their scrambled)
all bran cereal
box fiber one cereal
multi grain cheerioes
fiber one pancakes (makes 3, eat 1 save 2)
Quaker oatmeal, in packets
Irish oatmeal (i have instant and slow cook)
Grits

So, while some of these are a bit higher in calories than WS, the portions are a bit bigger too. The fiber and protein are close. Fiber fills me just like protein does so I am ok there.

For the Pudding/Shake supplement I am going to use Jillian Micheal's brand protein powder. I think I read that here. Its easy to find and I can use my benefits on it as oppose to going to GNC.

For lunch I found some Smart Ones, Lean Pockets, Lean Cuisines and Healthy Choice that work. Again, a few more calories, but the portions are bigger too. Lipton makes cup of soup packets that are great, low cal and taste good.

The only thing I am not sure about is the protein bars. I loved Pria bars back in the day, but can't seem to find those. I thought maybe Luna would be good but they seem really high in calories. So I am not sure what to do about a bar. I am afraid to try the ones at the store. So I may just supplement with powder or skip the bar since the meals have more cals.

Dinner will be lean and green!

I have been using the calorie free syrups for more variety. Even in my coffee. YUM! And I have gotten back in the habit of having hot tea when I feel the need to snack.

Now, if only I could get my exercise motivation back so I can put forth my plan, I would be good to go!

Oh, and I actually found something I really liked at Applebees. We go there ALOT and I can't get enough of their spinach dip and boneless wings. However, not diet friendly. My mom and I were out Tuesday and we went there for lunch. I tried the Dijon Chicken that was on their 550 menu. OMG! It was to die for. Who needs hot wings????? I think that is my new favorite item at Applebees. I was pretty excited about my find.

Last edited by irishchik; 12-23-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #191  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Irish - sorry to hear of your issues, but glad you've figured out other ways to still keep on the right track! I'll possibly be interested in some of your goods; will you let me know what you have and what your price is?? My fav's are Mocha shakes, Choc shakes, Cheesesteak Mac and Spicey Chz Mac and the berries & Choc crunch cereal - the oatmeal is good too...maybe since you're having trouble finding bars; keep the ones you have??...
Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #192  
WonderSlim WannaBe

S/C/G: 266/270/150 (eek I gained)

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone. I just joined up with 3fatchicks.com as well as doing my first order of wonderslims. I am excited and worried at the same time of trying another diet plan. I have tried Weight Watchers and LA Weight Loss. I did have luck with weight watchers when I first tried them as I had gone from 285 lbs down to 250lbs. I stopped doing it online because of money and motivation. I then tried LA as my best friend tried it and she was having great success. For me though it was a huge waste of money and time as I never lost more than 1 - 2 lbs a week but it always jumped back up and extra pound 2 weeks later so it was a constant rollercoaster for 4 months then I finally gave up. I did sign back up with weight watchers but I am unsure how well that would work because of my job now. I am a Community Health Worker (Care Aide) and I am constantly driving so I don't have the time to eat proper meals, let alone prepare them. My shifts mainly start at 12noon but leave home just after 11am so lunch is usually after 1 of my clients and then I work till 10pm so majority of the time I am away from home at supper time. Most of my shifts I do not actually have time to sit and enjoy my meal, I have to literally eat it while driving so I am hoping that Wonderslim will help in this aspect.

I find $41 a bit much to spend on shipping for 2 wks supply but between WS and MF the overall cost I think is cheaper. I was debating NS but have read to many negative reviews. Look forward to giving and recieving support and information.

BTW I have also been diagnosed with PCOS a few years ago and am battling to loose the weight to have baby number 2.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #193  

Hi Smiley,
I am also new to 3fc and ws. I got my box a few days ago and spent a lot of time sorting everything. I have seen all the same frustrations as you with other plans and am hoping ws works for me. This time around my boyfriend is doing this with me and I have extra support here. Good luck to you, fellow newbie. Looking forward to sharing this journey together.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #194  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Good morning and WELCOME!! I think you both will do well w/ WS - if you work it! Don't get discouraged when you first try the WS food - I'm gonna shoot straight w/ ya...it does NOT taste like a Big Mac or Pizza or a yummy home made meal...BUT - here's the light at the end of that tunnel - if you tweak it a tad (by adding spices, FF sour cream, etc or sf flavored syrups/extracts) it's really good! I mean - it's diet food; we are just trying to retrain our bodies on the apprpriate portion size and training it to eat for fuel, not pleasure. I can tell you though - that I bought a BUNCH of Nutrisystem food for cheap on ebay a few years ago and that stuff was CRAP! Everything I tried tasted like cardboard - it was amazing how they can make chocolate cake and lasagna taste exactly the same! WS is WAY better! So good luck to you - and please come in and post often - questions, comments, recipes, just chit chat...I think I'm the only "original" WSmer here now; and oh how I miss my buddies!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #195  

Kristi you give such great advice!!

I have made a list of things to get at the store, ff sour cream, ff or 2% shredded cheese and so on to add to the cheese steak and spicy mac to give it a bit more variation.

I am NOT ready to give up yet. I do have more entrees than I have pudding/shake mixes so I am going to get Jillian Michaels protein powder as a replacement.

I am going to spend some time tweaking the WS food. I started to get a little lazy and just eat it right out of the microwave even though I know some of them were better on the stove.

It just got crazy busy there for a while.

I like WS and I have not really ever been able to say that about a program with food before. Although, 20 years ago NutriSystem was yummy. That is when you went to the centers. I tried it again about 3 years ago, yuck!

I did find out a weight watchers meeting is now 5mins from me as opposed to an 30-45min drive when I first moved here. I am thinking about taking advantage of my lifetime membership, even though I am way over goal, and start going to meetings for some face to face support. I'm just not sure it really fits in my budget right now. Weekly fees do add up.

My main goal was to lose 40 by June. I figured once I got closer to my goal weight, or at goal, then I would be able to go back for free since I am lifetime, with the hopes that would keep me motivated to not gain again. LOL.

Anyway....I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Mine was great. I am back on program (minus the handful of movie theater popcorn leftover from last night I just snacked on) and loading up with water. I am about to pop in a DVD and exercise. Working from home has some perks, I can take an exercise break. LOL

My program anyway. I had some Fiber One cereal for breakfast. Its like shredded wheat and really yummy. With 1/2c skim milk and my coffee. That filled me up. My AM snack was a mocha pudding. I like making the packets into pudding to get that satisfaction of eating rather than drinking.

I have some Special K protein water packets I am putting into my water. Pretty yummy tea flavor and I toss a dash of lemon juice in there.

I am not sure about lunch yet. I was thinking maybe vegi joe with a piece of light bread or some soup.

For Christmas my man bought me tickets to go see Bret Michaels of Poison tonight, so we are going to be eating out. Honestly, I am so tired of eating out food! I am feeling gross. Lately I have been eating a lot of grilled chicken when we have been going out so I am guessing today will be the same. Or just a huge salad.

Now that the holidays are over, I can focus again. New Years Eve isn't going to be too big of a deal. So I am not too worried about that.

Ok, off to exercise!!
Closed Thread