Wonderslim #5

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • Kristikins: LOL, the pain we live with!

No, its not TOM
  • I love all of your stories ladies!

it's nice to read how great everyone is doing! I really enjoy this forum and support. Love it!

So I just finished the end of my 4th week and I officially lost 11.8 lbs on Wonderslim. Not too shabby!

People are starting to notice so it's motivating me more. LOL

Have a wonderful weekend if I don't get to check in again!
    Erin
  • Good morning ladies! Hope all is well with you all! I've totally been a bad girl lately...I'll do good most of the day but afternoons suck for me! Doesn't look like I'm gonna be fittin' in my jeans by Thanksgiving ...but it's my own fault...oh the guilt! I think me still not having a boss makes it WAY too easy to nibble in the afternoons...so one would think that I should just not bring stuff here right....well, that's WAY too easy!! I've GOT to get back on track..someone please kick me in the rear....
  • Wow congrats Erin! The program works if you work it! As for me, I know I went on about how sweet my fiancee is and HE IS..but he is a junk food junkie and last night I made spaghetti squash, he hated it, and he ended up going to McDonald's. My piggy self rode along, and once we pulled up and I smelled it, we were in trouble. I ate HORRIBLE yesterday. Had a WS supplement this morning and will try my hardest to do better today..How do you retrain a man's palette who grew up eating junk food and country cookin' and plenty of fried foods and desserts? I am at a total loss here....
  • The reason I posted is because this 4 (now 5) day upswing IS unusual for me. I do weigh daily and this is out of the norm for my usual ups and downs.

The stovetop and stuff yesterday was an anomaly. Bad day, I started not even to log it all yesterday, but did anyway, for my own accountability.

Regarding bacos, croutons and ranch dressing, its one serving each (usually) of the bacos and croutons (which are whole grain) on a HUGE green salad (I often don't write down the actual salad greens, my bad there) and its light ranch dressing which I additionally water down.

So regarding your comment that I likely won't see success on my current plan, I have to disagree with you. I feel that you can have a semi normal diet and lose weight. Its about changing the way you eat (or I eat), lower carbs, more whole grain, more small meals, less sodium, all that. I lost 65lbs 5 years ago by simply reducing the amount I ate, I just failed to keep it off, so this time around I am also learning the lower carb, small meals lesson in addtion to the eat less lesson.
  • I know I have not posted anything about my diet lately. I have just been so busy working on getting all my blogs and the links in order that I just keep going on the program and did not take the time to post any reviews of what I had been eating.

It has been busy with all the events going on, along with school and work. I will *try* be more diligent about writing. I need to. I enjoy it. I just need to write it in my schedule to make sure I do it!

This weekend is going to be tough as we are leaving Friday and not returning until Sunday. The UFC is coming to MI and instead of just driving to the show Saturday night, we decided to make a little mini vacay out of it and stay in a nice hotel for the weekend and maybe do some shopping and such. Spend time in the pool, hot tub, relax. I thought about taking the program food with me, but we already seem to have a list of places to eat at. Thankfully, I have a healthy option at every place. So, if I can walk away without a gain, then I think I did well.

Maybe I just did not pick a good time to start a weight loss adventure! LOL.

Sunday I went shopping with my mother and my aunt. I was gone pretty much all day. Matt had taken Maddy over to his moms around 3pm. It was her birthday and they were having a birthday dinner for her. I got home around 6pm.

I was happy when I walked in to not see a pile of doggy piddle on the floor. It does not happen often, but it does happen.

In my kitchen sits two giant boxes crammed with the New Lifestyle and Wonderslim boxes of food. I had spent some time Friday sorting and making one box to keep up in the kitchen and the rest of the food was going to be stored in the basement. I had been keeping these boxes on top of the dog cages, but they had been on the floor for a few days and the dogs did not even seem to care.

Well, Sunday they cared.

I found the wrapper for 4 Wonderslim protein bars, 2 packages of BBQ Snack Bites and 1 Sour Cream and Onion Snack Bite. However, there were still 10 more bars unaccounted for. I did not have these things boxed; they were single, on top of everything else.

My dogs helped themselves. I was worried because they have chocolate in them. But, they seemed to be OK. Just a little gas Monday and now they are fine and my box is now back on top of the dog cages. I don’t have a lot of room in my kitchen as it is, so I have no idea where I am going to start storing my foods. I might have to take everything out of the boxes and just put a week’s worth of packets in the drawer at a time.

Also I wanted to ask you guys how do you combat boredom with the foods???? Today I feel like I am in a funk and feel really bored...oh I don't want that, oh I just had that yesterday..and so on. I have tried researching ideas on the DD reviews and even poked around mymedifast. I do not want to get bored because I dont want to give up. I was thinking maybe a Lean Cuisine here and there might be OK. As a program meal, not as my lean and green.
  • In my quest for more variety I found these little drops you could put in your water, or the vanilla shakes, or even the chocolate for some variety.

http://capellaflavordrops.com/flavordrops.aspx

They have a lot to chose from.

multi-use flavoring all containing NO fats, calories, carbs, and sweeteners.
  • hey irish - before i got my product, i discovered many lean cuisines and smart ones around 200-250 calories. and i think we have talked about our budget plan, so for that, i discovered some EXCELLENT Great Value brand lean cuisines at Wally World. They taste really good! Last night I was in a pinch and wanted a Lean Cuisine for dinner - they are 3.79 at winn dixie by my house! these are the bad things about living in a resort area. but luckily i get my food (usually) at Wally World. I really don't think Lean Cuisines would hurt. When I first had my stomach surgery, I would eat a Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner, and a Kashi bar for a snack and lost consistently. Now, 4 years older, I am so much more salt sensitive and just have to watch every little bit of processed stuff I eat.

To me, Lean Cuisines/Smart Ones can be a binge preventer..here is why: when I am craving Chinese (RARELY), Mexican (ALL THE TIME!), Italian or even comfort foods, there is a Meal for that. Chicken enchilada suiza smart one is good for Mex. Pizzas are great too. and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the 3 cheese ziti macaroni...
  • Whheewww...still holding my 47 pound loss - even with all the rediculous closet eating I've been doing this week...and I know TOM is right around the corner (meaning any day now)...so perhaps that's why I've been such a barbarian!

My wonderful son got me and hubs tix for a concert for my birthday - did I tell yall??? ...anyways - it was Warrant - Firehouse - and LA Guns...OMG...it was last night - I feel like the walking dead today - but luckily I'm only working half day..so maybe my time will pass quickly here at the office and I can nap on the way to Georgia (we're taking our son to tour a school there)...well, so back to the concert....talk about ROCKIN...it was AWESOME!! All 3 bands were insane...it was WAY too loud (maybe I'm getting old...nah...I think it's where our seats were!)...needless to say; since these are older bands who are getting close to being nobody's again, it wasn't a sold out show - so hubs and I pretty much had the whole 3rd floor to ourselves! It was WAY sweet!! And I now have a renewed love for 80's/early 90's heavy rock!

Hope yall have a good day...and WEEKEND!!! Hot Diggety Dog it's FINALLY FRIDAY!!!
  • Irish - thanks for that link..I'm gonna order some of those flavors...see how they compare to the Torani s/f syrups...(which can get pricey!)...
  • Quote: hey irish - before i got my product, i discovered many lean cuisines and smart ones around 200-250 calories. and i think we have talked about our budget plan, so for that, i discovered some EXCELLENT Great Value brand lean cuisines at Wally World. They taste really good! Last night I was in a pinch and wanted a Lean Cuisine for dinner - they are 3.79 at winn dixie by my house! these are the bad things about living in a resort area. but luckily i get my food (usually) at Wally World. I really don't think Lean Cuisines would hurt. When I first had my stomach surgery, I would eat a Lean Cuisine for lunch and dinner, and a Kashi bar for a snack and lost consistently. Now, 4 years older, I am so much more salt sensitive and just have to watch every little bit of processed stuff I eat.

To me, Lean Cuisines/Smart Ones can be a binge preventer..here is why: when I am craving Chinese (RARELY), Mexican (ALL THE TIME!), Italian or even comfort foods, there is a Meal for that. Chicken enchilada suiza smart one is good for Mex. Pizzas are great too. and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the 3 cheese ziti macaroni...
    When I lived in OK, the WalMart was right down the road. When I did WW the first time I did use the LC and WW meals for when I really wanted something and did not want to use money or points by eating out. They were good. And now they have so much more to choose from. I do like the Healthy Choice because they also provide a vegi serving in most of their meals. I am like you I LOVE Mexican food and could eat it every day so I am very thankful that the Smart Ones line from WW has SO many to choose from. I actually had one last night for dinner, I just did not feel like cooking, so I had that and a big salad. The Ziti is one of my faves as well.

I am ok with breakfast. I switch between the WS pancakes, omelet and cereals. I have some breakfast pastries from New Lifestyle. It has not been too bad.

I think the lunch is where I am started to get bored because as much as I like pasta, I am eating it almost every day. I do have some soups (chicken, tomato, vegetable) and the vegetarian joe and a box of chili from WS or NL. So I think I would like to incorporate a WW meal here and there to break it up, and then that will make my food supply last a little longer.

For dinner its easy as I don't like a lot of meats anyway. I bought small potatoes just for my plan and I love green vegi anyway.

I have found some bars I really like so no problems there really. Its like eating a candy bar for me. And oddly enough I am not sick of all the puddings. I dont make shakes out of them, I like the thought of eating a snack rather than drinking it. I have had the smoothie from WS and I like it quite well.

So, next shopping trip, some meals, and I need some more vegetables!
  • Quote: Whheewww...still holding my 47 pound loss - even with all the rediculous closet eating I've been doing this week...and I know TOM is right around the corner (meaning any day now)...so perhaps that's why I've been such a barbarian!

My wonderful son got me and hubs tix for a concert for my birthday - did I tell yall??? ...anyways - it was Warrant - Firehouse - and LA Guns...OMG...it was last night - I feel like the walking dead today - but luckily I'm only working half day..so maybe my time will pass quickly here at the office and I can nap on the way to Georgia (we're taking our son to tour a school there)...well, so back to the concert....talk about ROCKIN...it was AWESOME!! All 3 bands were insane...it was WAY too loud (maybe I'm getting old...nah...I think it's where our seats were!)...needless to say; since these are older bands who are getting close to being nobody's again, it wasn't a sold out show - so hubs and I pretty much had the whole 3rd floor to ourselves! It was WAY sweet!! And I now have a renewed love for 80's/early 90's heavy rock!

Hope yall have a good day...and WEEKEND!!! Hot Diggety Dog it's FINALLY FRIDAY!!!
    OMG I love those bands! They were in my top 10 faves when I was in high school!

Congrats on the 47 and still holding

I am going to the UFC this weekend. It is coming to Michigan finally and my fiance and I decided to make a weekend mini vacay out of it. So we are about to head out the door and will be back on Sunday.
  • I just wanted to let you guys know that I got an email from New Lifestyle last night and they gave me some great recipes for Thanksgiving (which you can use the WS products for since they are the same). Some of them look pretty interesting. Since we were talking about Turkey day I thought I would share them. I don't want to post them all here and fill up the forum, so if you are interested here is the link to the page on my blog:

http://www.selfemployedwriter.com/20...nksgiving.html
  • I use Wonderslim & Bariwise (and what Medifast stuff I have left) to replace 2 to 3 meal per day, sometimes 4 depending on how busy I am
    I am trying to slowly (very slowly) move away from the meal replacements to my own food as I think that is more sustainable in the long run.
  • This morning I got up and somehow yesterday I had lost 2 lbs. Not sure how. My scale yesterday morning matched the Dr's yesterday morning down to ounces. So that was reassuring. But this morning...2 lbs lighter.

But today, I decided I just HAD to have this stupid burrito from Fresh and Easy. It's 90% rice 5% beans and cheese and then a small amt of Carne Asada. But the thing had 600 calories...but the carbs were something like 89g! What the heck? But now I am having this horrible guilt for eating it!

I am just going to eat my WS food for the rest of the day. But I am wondering if I am taking this just a bit too far or too seriously. I mean in 4 weeks I really haven't had 1 cheat day/meal even. Argh.

I really shouldn't feel this unnerved from having had a burrito that was almost all whole grain rice right?