Wonderslim #5

You're on Page 34 of 34
Go to
  • Just checking in to see if this thread is active. I'd like to chat with other folks on this program. I think it makes the journery a bit easier.

I've finished three days on the program and have surprised even myself.

The taste of the food is even better than I suspected. Of course, I haven't tried everything yet but so far anything I've tried, I've liked.

And the shaker bottle! Oh my...it is wonderful! I have no idea what Medifast uses these days but in the old days, I would have paid double for the ease and convenience of this WonderSlim shaker bottle!
  • Hi Toy,

I am going to be ordering here in about 3 weeks. I would love talking to you and others on this wonderful plan. We can do this

Melanie
  • Yay...a friend to talk to!

Start getting used to drinking water if you're not already and you'll have a foot in the door before your food even gets ordered. You may already drink water but I didn't...not at all.

I am amazed at how tasty the food is. I've been on lots of other prepackaged programs that are not nearly this good.

So glad to have someone to chat with!

Later...
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I did great the first week and then I started with the negative self-talk which then led to the conversation in my head questioning the diet. This of course led to the "poor pitiful me" discussion. End result, 4 days off the plan and gaining what I lost.

Is there anyone out there that struggles with the self-sabotage? I really could use some help!
    Are you still hanging in there? You can do it! Negative self talk is just par for the territory- I know it sounds corny, but I find it helpful to focus on me- the fact that I deserve to lose weight, that I CAN do it, that I'm worth doing it for. I even wrote down a list of things that I like about my body, goals that I have, etc. This was way harder than you'd think.

You're not alone out there- even if you skip up on the diet, just jump in again!

Good luck.
  • I am right here for you. I love water, so it is not a problum for me. You do get used to it and I have to recognize am I hungry or am I thirsty. My target date is to order my Wonderslim products and start on January 2nd. It's not because of the first of the year thing, but to much going on to start anything new. We are moving out of state in the spring and our preping our house to get it ready to sell.
  • Totally understand the need to have the right time. Regardless of what "experts" might say, dieting is stressful. It requires more planning and thought than just normal everyday functioning in this fast lane world.

Good luck on selling your house. I hope the move is one you eagerly anticipate. Moving can be exciting and fun or downright traumatic.

Lucky for you that you like water. Wish I did! I am trying to change my attitude toward it though and so far, so good. I sincerely doubt that I'm drinking enough just yet but I am drinking water and nothing else so that alone is a MAJOR accomplishment for me.

I keep telling myself that "little" steps will get me there...eventually. Plus, any movement I make in the right direction is better than I have done in the past. So in that respect, I am super optimistic that I am headed for success. I do say that cautiously though since in my past experience I have felt that same way only to derail after a few weeks.

However, I am trying my best to adopt that concept of one-day-at-a-time. There is so much wisdom in that but it is sometimes hard for me to apply to my own life. I can make the lofty long-term goals but it's the day-to-day in the trenches that usually trips me up.

This time I am really trying hard not to look too far ahead but to place my energy on getting through the day at hand. It's the fifth day today (traditionally one of my hardest) and so far that mindset is working for me.

I'm also proud that I haven't stepped on the scales yet since I started. I always say I'll wait a week but then I sneak a peek. Then if the scale reading pleases me, I celebrate...duh...or if it displeases me, I "medicate" the disappointment with food. Either way derails me so this time I'm going to make myself wait a week to weigh.

In fact, in the back of my mind is the thought of waiting an entire month to weigh but I just don't know if I can manage that. It's what I'd really like to do but I just don't know. My weight changes so much due to water retention and health issues that weighing can really sabotage my success. Maybe I could compromise and weigh every 2 weeks? Haven't really decided yet...guess it will depend on how I feel after 1 week of staying off the scale. However, that first weigh-in will set the pattern since I like consistency.
  • Hello everyone! Great to see some action on this forum! I have been doing WonderSlim about 2 weeks collectively (I say that because I've skipped some days and then had Thanksgiving and travelling out of town to contend with!) , the food is not bad at all. In fact, I got my husband to start it today and hoping we can keep each other accountable. I am a little bit concerned about the total cost for both of us to do it, but figure we will save a lot of money by not going out to eat at least! The problem is I am still spending $100/week at the grocery store--you still have to purchase food for your lean and green meals and I also bought some additional snacks from the diet direct website and those can really add up!

I agree with drinking A LOT of water...this a common thread for many diets and I think replacing soda, even if it is diet soda, can help with cravings and the feelings of hunger! And also, do not depend so much on weight as how you FEEL and how your clothes fit...especially if you are incorporating more exercise into your plan. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you are more likely to see a noticeable difference in the way your clothes fit than the actual number on the scale, particularly in the beginning of your healthy lifestyle journey :-) !
  • Ash, like you I bought several different extra things off the diet site so that I would have a variety of things to try. I only bought the two week plan originally but added in so many other flavors, etc. that I would probably have saved money by doing the lengthier version. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do this though since this was a totally unknown brand to me. Turns out that I like it better than any of the former diets I have tried!

I'm getting even better with the water. Believe it or not, it seemed like I was craving it yesterday! (I know, that was almost an out-of-body experience for me.) I haven't had a diet Coke in 5 whole days...just water so I'm hoping it's out of my system. I know that diet sodas are allowed but I wholeheartedly believe that they trigger cravings in me. In the past when I have been able to put them aside, I have been more successful on diet programs. Of course, eventually I crashed and burned but it's because I have so far to go and got discouraged.

This time I think my mindset is healthier...I'm really not allowing myself to think long-term at all. I'm just adopting that one-day-at-a-time mentality that works for addicts and it seems to be working better for me. When I set goals that seem reasonable to me and don't make them (I am 59 now and don't lose as well as when I was younger), it tends to derail me. This time my mindset is that I am going to do this one-day-at-a-time and be satisfied with whatever happens because if I do it this way, I know there was nothing else I could have done differently.

Right now I'm having health issues that prevent me from exercising. I'm actually supposed to be staying off my feet so walking is not even an option. However, I go to the doctor this week and I'm hoping he will allow me to join the water therapy place where you can do exercises and walk in the water. I want to add that component to my program but I may be doing some wishful thinking right now.
  • Thread has exceeded 500 posts and is now closed. Please start a new thread.

Edited to Add :
    New thread is Here.