Wonderslim #5

You're on Page 3 of 34
Go to
  • Irish and Erin - congrats on the weight loss! I am so happy to have found such an active support group.

Yesterday was my first day on plan, and WS made things so easy. I had a chocolate cream (yum), berry yogurt (okay) and vanilla cream shake (okay+). My entree was the spicy cheese and pasta, and honestly, had to choke it down. Was glad to follow it with the chocolate peanut butter snack bar. And dessert was the cheesecake. It could have used some coolwhip, but generally pretty tasty.

Can someone point me in the direction of the weight tickers? Would love to get one started! Down two pounds from yesterday, but it's that early, easy water loss.

Thanks for all the support!
  • I got the WS pancakes yesterday and I made them on my griddle and put sliced banana on them. And this is THE first thing WS that I have eaten that tastes like normal food. They are SO delicious. If there is an after taste, I am not tasting it at all. At least not with the banana on top. VERY tasty! made three really decent size pancakes. I will for sure be ordering these again.
    I did go up yesterday Bummer. I was 213.6 but this morning back up to 214. Oh well...I am doing the Light the Night Walk tonight so maybe I will burn off some extra
  • SuziC
    The weight tickers are easy to locate and actually I have found if I click on some of them that it takes me to the site where you can grab the code and build one. But you have to be a memeber for x amt of days before you can put one on. I found that out last week because I am new. So I think there is a waiting period before it allows you to add one. Once you can, you go to User CP at the top of the page and it should have a link for you to add to your signature.
  • Yall will be glad to know that hubs and I are good now. Yesterday we talked. I said, "look, you say you won't apologize for something you didn't do; I say you hurt my feelings - how would you know if you did or not if you're not me?"...he said, "Ok, I am sorry that I hurt your feelings, but I was NOT being the food police". I told him, thank you, that's all I needed to hear! That he was sorry for hurting my feelings...then he added, "I wish you'd get over the super-sensitivity to food comments"...I told him, "ME TOO!! I wish I could just turn that off, but having had food issues my entire life, it's really hard to get past that!"...it totally sounds like a crutch and I pledge to work on not being so uber-sensitive!! Thanks for the advise girlies... glad I could give yall a chuckle! It really was rediculous, the whole situation..but alas...isn't it the most rediculous stuff that really gets our gourd anyways???

Anyways, my official Friday weigh in 232.5!!! YAY!! That's 46.5 total pounds lost! WOOOHOOO!! I totally agree with Jen (I think it was) who mentioned movement...when I move - on purpose (walking, riding bike etc) I can see the pounds and inches just melt right off. I SO have got to get back to my lunchtime walks!

We'll be entertaining my in-laws tomorrow evening. I'm fixin Chili (frito chili pie), golfers cheese sandwiches and pumpkin pie for dessert...Not to mention that my movement tomorrow will be a thorough house cleaning! I can totally relate to ya Meg...

Hey, any of yall heard about the "It Works" products? We had a lady talk to us at our Project Grad meeting last night about doing a fundraiser w/ her. It's a wrap to loose inches...the officers are gonna give it a whirl just to see if it really does work..so I'm hoping I'll be able to get into the new jeans I bought that like about 2 inches to button...
  • Yep Suzi - Esilva is right - you have to be a member for 20ish days and have over 25 posts to get a ticker...Then you go to the User page and it'll walk you thru!
  • Still haven't hit the 150's... Grrrrrr. And I only lost 4 pounds in one month. But it's still a LOSS!
  • Not my official weigh in day...but did see a 187 on the scale this morning. Thank goodness TOM is outta town for a while. Hopefully I can keep it gone for three months, that'll take me into the new year. My goal is 175 by 1/1/11. That's right around 1.5 lbs a week. I'm thinking that's doable as long as I don't binge over the holidays! Ugh!!

I've been doing a Zumba class at the gym...I LOVE it! I'm putting Zumba DVD's on my Christmas Wish List

Kristi...I thought your story was funny too...and something I would do...lol Glad to hear you and hubs are back to bein' besties
  • And might I add today I had tried the WS sloppy joes and I put them in with a smidge of Kraft fat free shredded cheese in a low carb, low fat wrap I found at henry's. Wow..SUPER delcious. Either I am really hungry today or the food that I just got from WS is very yummy. (new foods I hadn't tried yet).

Glad to hear you and your hubby mend things up Kristi!
  • Our local civic center is doing a zumba class soon....I just don't think I'm coordinated enough to do that...I'll need to watch some videos to see if I think I can do it or not!

Esilva - the food is yummy! I usually tweak it a bit - ff sour cream or ff cheese or lf crackers or something - but generally it's very satisfying! Thank goodness - how horrible would it be to have to eat crappy tasting stuff!

Yall - I ain' lyin'...it was just sleeting here in Middle TN! It's sooo cold outside and the wind will flat cut you in two....bbbbrrrr

Meg - 4 pounds is 4 pounds...GONE not added!!! YAY!!!

Yoyo - you will definitely hit your goal!! It's a CAN DO!!! Maybe I need to set a goal...something to strive for...hhhmmm got me thinkin'!
  • It has been a while girls...I have mostly stayed on track as far as not gaining anything back. However I have not lost anything in a couple of months I just ordered more wonderslim and I am back on track. I have altered my plan a little I now mix one of my meal replacements with trader joes protien powder and I use the Power crisp bars... I have been eating some carbs i.e. bread and sugar. haha! I was not staying under 1200 cals either. I have been doing an exam prep course for the PHR exam and it will be on Dec. 11th then my life should be back to normal. My goal starting today is to stick with the plan of 1200 cals a day over 80 grms of protein and under 100 grams of carbs. It seems to help me if I post me numbers each day. So look forward to the posts ladies! I am glad to see some old faces and new ones as well.
  • Hey! I'm starting this diet tomorrow. I'll read through the posts under this thread, but aside from drinking the .5 gal of water every day, what do you suggest?

I anticipate being back here for support/check-ins. Since the diet had good user-reviews on the website, I look forward to giving this a try!

Thanks~
  • Welcome, Downerbeautiful! I'm just on day 3 of this diet, but so far it's been pretty easy to follow. I've made sure to get eat all the items on the list each day, and haven't been hungry. Let us know how you're doing!

I had a pretty good day 2. We are so busy at work, and pulling out a shake or bar makes life much easier. Even managed to stay out of the goodies at a group meeting. My only issue yesterday - I managed to leave the bar to go with my soup at home. I substitued a "Thin" bar from my desk. Lesson learned. I need to make sure there are some extra shakes and bars available in my desk.

Yesterday was strawberry shake (liked it alot) with an apple, chocolate cream shake (a favorite) with oatmeal (surprisingly good) and a splash of milk, chicken noodle soup (mixed in some peas and it was pretty tasty) and the before mentioned Thin bar, and a vanilla shake (it's growing on me). I had a grilled chicken breast, small serving of squash and cauliflower/broccoli for dinner. Oh - and a chocomint pudding for dessert (not a favorite - maybe it will be better as a shake). And I lost two more pounds yesterday, making four pounds in two days. It's a great start.

Fingers crossed for the weekend. We're always super busy with kids activities, but plan to just take a shake and bar along in the car.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Suzi
  • Everyone must be having busy weekends! Gotta love the time change. I was up and ready to go at 4:30 this morning.

Had a pretty good day yesterday. Stayed on plan. Had a few times when I went a little too long without food and got very hungry. But I managed to stay away from off-plan food, and got all the WS items in for the day. The toughest was a trip to Jimmy John's with the kids. The smell of that bread was enough to put me over the edge. But I had just had a shake, and had some diet coke as a treat and managed to stay on track.

And I made a really good chicken curry in the crockpot for my lean and green meal. It was basically chicken, one peeled potato (my starch), tomatoes and lots of spices. Very tasty, very easy and had to be low in calories.

Off for a run. And lots of yard work planned for today. It's going to be an active one!
  • SuziC - I'm happy for the time change. While I wasn't up early like you, I was still going before noon. Yea! Thanks for the words of encouragement, too. Day one went well, and today should be good, also. I tried one of those hard milk chocolate candy bars - phenom!! I have something I can really look forward to on this diet.

I understand the JJ temptation. Their vege-sammitch is worth 800-900 calories. It's hardly ever worth it, but they smell so good!
  • Hi Downer - those bars are my favorites! And it's great that they are so portable. Really hand for when you are out and about, hungry, and without easy access to a shake. And I can't believe the calories in those JJ sandwiches! I never knew...

Didn't mention, and guessing this may be common. I had a chronic headache for about 3 days after starting the plan. Different from my normal TOM migraines, and the edge was easily taken off with some Tylenol. It's now passed, and I feel like I have a ton of energy. Must have been some sugar detox? Just thought I'd pass this along to the other newbies. I was wondering if that headache was ever going to leave me!

Had a good day yesterday. Took the kids (7 and 3) to the mall, which they love, but is honestly a bit of a nightmare. They love McNuggets but only get them as the very rare treat at the mall. And that was an easy one to pass on! I brought my shake and a bar and was perfectly content.

It's going to be a super crazy week at work. Getting my meal packages in line for the week (putting a whole day's worth in a bag), it should make for a smoother morning.

Happy Monday all!