Wonderslim #5

You're on Page 11 of 34
Go to
  • Kristi: Kidney stones must be popular right now. DH is pretty sure he passed one (after 4 hours in "Urgent" care). He's to get a CAT scan to see what the deal is since the doctor there found no UTI.

Trying to get back on track. So so start today.
  • I'm So Happy I Found This Thread My Wonderslim Will Be Here This Week !!!!! I Can't Wait ... I Feel Like I'm Stuck In A Fat Suit And The Zipper Is Broke!
  • Meg - My hubs gets stones every 3 or 4 years - the first time he got them he had to have them removed as one was lodged in the ureter, but talk about relief when he came out of that procedure!! Hopefully your hubs is ok!! I asked my son this morning if he felt like he had a baby yesterday - he said, "Ohhhh yeah....". Said he's still a bit sore from it, I can imagine!

So far today I'm on track - writing down and doing good!

llboyce - welcome! We're glad you found us too! You'll be SO excited when your big box of goodies is delivered!! WS is all about learning to eat small meals, several times a day. It works, if you work it! Tell us about yourself...

A good motivator is "the easy way show" website! She's a bit goofy, but full of energy and great motivation! I downloaded the Type Z book she talks about onto my Ipod - she's got lots of videos on the site and is full of great ideas on getting thru this weight loss plan - the EASY way! She doesn't follow WS strictly though - she does 7 shakes and 2 (250) cal meals a day; but hey...it's what works for her! She even has daily pics of her thru her journey - pretty amazing results!
  • Thanks Kristikins for the warm welcome. I live in Memphis, TN. I'm married and a mother of a one year old. I work as a police dispatcher and all I do is sit on my rump and spread like peanut butter (not for long)! Anyhoo... I learned about wonderslim thru the impatientdieter youtube channel (the easy way show) and you are right she is a bit of a goofball, but one **** of a motivator! By the way congrats on your 48lbs lost, I can't wait to join you! Keep up the good work cause you are motivating me as well.
  • WONDERSLIM CAME TODAY !!!!! I can't wait to put my daughter to sleep so I can go over all the contents in peace I will keep you guys posted!
  • YAY!! So glad you got it, now for the fun part..planning your daily menu's!! Not sure if you read any of our "tips" for spicing up the shakes or not...At Walmart you can get the Sugar Free Torani flavored syrups (in the coffee isle) - I add those to my shakes - YUMMY! I've also, like Irishchick, found at the Dollar General store some s/f syrups - only $1 but not as sweet or flavorful as the Tornai ones. I've been adding a packet of splenda (I like sweet stuff) when I use the DG syrups. They only have Vanilla and Caramel. The Torani comes in several flavors at WMT and you can order any flavor you can imagine online! Also, Capella Flavor drops are good. I've gotten several of them - only not a fan of the sweetner they sell - so again I use a packet of splenda! I use a single serve blender, 10-12 oz water (not the 8 that the packet says), 2 ice cubes, and the splenda/flavor drops or syrup stuff and blend. Blends up wonderfully smooth and frothy! The volume fills a large Solo cup, so I really feel filled! Hope that helps you to make your shakes irresistable! (after I'd been blending them - I tried to just shake one from the packet one day w/ out adding anything and thought I'd gag! My way sure makes an impressive difference in how they taste!)

The Spicy Mac stuff is EXTRA YUMMY when you add a TB of FF sour cream - as is the Cheesesteak Mac stuff. Heck actually I add the FF Sr cream to all the entrees/soups, etc...gives it the creamy kick I Love!! (just be sure to add your 10 cals for the sr cream!)

As for the cereals...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the berries and choc cereal - but it is absolutely delish in Almond milk! The Almond milk saves you several calories and it's really yummy!

Sorry to ramble, just wanted to enlighten you on some changes you can make to really enjoy the plan!
  • Thanks for the ramble lol! I willl be trying the almond milk with my cereal and the other goodies you mention. As a matter a fact I will be printing out your ramble to take with me to the grocery store! LOL!
  • glad I could help then!! I suppose you could do the flavored extracts (like in the baking isle) too...but I've not tried them yet - and they are a bit pricey!
  • Hey ladies! I've been lurking in here for a bit and I feel like I know you all already! I used to post on 3FC a few years ago when I lost about 40 pounds just counting calories, but now I have gained it all back and my husband and I have just started Wonderslim yesterday. So far, I am loving it! Thanks so much for all the tips and tricks to modify the food!

Kristikins-I tried whirling the shakes in the blender with ice and extra water and some sf Torani syrup as you suggested- WORLDS of difference!!

I have also been adding SriRacha sauce to most of the pasta/ sloppy joe/soup entrees- it's the asian hot sauce with the rooster on the bottle. I like it better than just plain hot sauce or tobasco because I think it has more flavor- garlicky and oniony rather than just hot. Delish!! I've also been using boullion cubes instead of just water to mix them up with. I found a BUNCH of different kinds of boullion in the Mexican section of my grocery store: tomato & chicken/ cilantro& tomato/ saffron.

Also have been adding a packet of TruLemon and a packet of stevia to the lemon pudding which I think makes it great!!

I look forward to posting more and doing this with you guys!
  • Hi Dezzie - no doubt!! Like I said, I tried the shakes the regular way AFTER I'd done them my way...YUK! In the Mocha ones I even put in a bit of decaf instant coffee granuals and use the Caramel or Vanilla syrup - tastes like a Starbucks Frapp!!

Welcome to our group! It's been pretty quiet in here the last few weeks...everyone must be dealing with Turkey day hangovers and/or preparing themselves for the Xmas hangover!!

I've never heard of SriRacha before - I'm not big into HOT; I like a lil bite, but not so hot that it burns all the way down (cause if it's that hot going in, imagine what it's gonna feel like coming out!! Sorry!)...But using the boullion souds like a good idea..I'll have to give that a try!

Today is my sweet Hub's 40th birthday!! We are going out for Mexican tonight! I'm trying to decide what I'll be having...

Hey I notice you are from the "dirty south"...where are ya?? I'm in Middle TN.
  • I'm in Houston. It's pretty dirty down here!

I saw you hadn't tried the baking extracts cuz they were expensive- I was just at Kroger earlier and they had their brand of small-size extracts on sale for $1.59 each! I got coconut, orange, and banana. They also had peppermint, almond, vanilla, and I think a couple of others. I haven't tried 'em yet, but in case you have a Kroger in your neck of the woods, might be worth checking out!

The SriRacha can get pretty hot if you add a lot- it's not as spicy as Tabasco, though.

I also think I'm gonna try freezing a shake into icecube trays and see how that blends up. Has anybody tried that before? I thought it might make it thicker/more ice-cream like, though I'm not sure if it might separate?
  • Well I'm on my 3rd day on wonderslim, so let me tell you my fav's whichs are mocha, cocoamint, and chocolate cream.

@ krisitikin I haven't tried your way yet and to tell you the truth I'm a bit afraid cause if I start I know I won't stop Anyhoo I can't wait for my weight in next week!!!!

Thanks you guys for the support!
  • hi all! so i just ended my first day of wonderslim and i have a few questions.
    1. Do i have to add skim milk to my cereal?
    i am a dry cereal eater and need to know if the dairy is vital?
    2. Do i have to have the "optional" and "starch" with my dinner?
  • Dezzie - Yep - Houston is pretty dirty I have a dear cousin who lives in Pearland and my hubs has a buddy in League City! We do have Kroger - I'm all about Kroger now with my new couponing adventure! I'll have to give a try on them if they're that cheap! I'd think it wouldn't take much since they are extracts! Let me know how they work for ya! As far as I know, no one has tried freezing the shakes into cubes - some girls were whipping up their shakes then putting them in the freezer till slushy, they didn't mention having any separation issues...

llboyce - if you are happy with them the regular way - I say don't change, but if you're like me and always are trying to make food more exciting - then you have my instructions! I swear I should'a been a chef! I LOVE to experiment in the kitchen. Sometimes it's quite a surprise what I whip up; other times not so much! Mocha is by far my fav too! I know the smoothies have gotten a bad rap - but the strawberry yogurt smoothie is really good and a good alternative for those days (if ever) you get tired of chocolate based things...doesn't happen to me much at all; but sometimes it does!

Where - I'm not sure that you HAVE to do either of your questions - I like almond milk on my cereal (way less calories and still yummy) but I'm not a dry cereal girl...As for the optional/starch - I think that may be to keep you from desiring those things so much that you binge on them. Plus it helps to round out your nutrition! (if you check out easywayshow.com you will see that she has lost like 70?? pounds in a few months from having 7 shakes, grape water (sugar free grape cool-aid from walmart) and 2 - 250 cal meals a day AND she includes fat in her meals! So she didn't follow WS's plan - but was still successful! Oh...and be sure that you are popping a good multi-vitamin daily - that'll help with what you're not getting!

Well, we have about 4 inches of snow at my house - so hubs drove me in to work today..I hate being stranded here w/out a car...but I HATE driving in snow/ice more! Gotta get busy...yall have a good day!
  • 4 inches of snow?! I scoff at you!!! Try 17!!! This is the one time where I'm glad I drew the "girl" card. DH was outside, struggling with the snow (and a snowblower that broke) and I was warm and toasty inside, baking cookies!!

Said cookies were too hard to resist, but somehow, despite them, I am nearly back down to where I was!! I'll take it!

I just had my Kashi cereal with 1/2 container of Archer Farms (Target) Cherry Pomegranate yogurt. OMG, I am in LOVE!!!