Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/207/190 (mini goal #1)

Height: 5'4

Default Hi Everybody! My Wonderslim Foods Review

Hi Everybody!!! New girl here!!

I have been looking around for a Wonderslim forum and I'm glad I found one! I used to be on Medifast, which worked for a time (lost 26 lbs in fact), but it was getting too expensive for me. I found WS a few months later. IMHO the WS products are less expensive, much, much better tasting and for the most part mix up better. I have tried a lot of these and there are very few items that I don't like. This is my personal experience with these foods. So far I have tried the following:

Snack Bars - Chocomint, Caramel Pecan, Brownie Nut, Butter Toffee. All have a great taste.

Crispy Meal Bars - Crispy Fudge & Graham, Peanut, Coffee Chocolate. My favorite is the Fudge & Graham. The other ones were too dry IMO.

WS Hot Cakes When I made these on the stove they were very thin. The next time I put the mixture in the oven and baked it as one pancake. It took a little longer but it came out fluffier.

Entrees Vegetarian Joe, Cheesesteak Macaroni, Spicy Cheese Pasta, Tex Mex Veggie w/Chikn. Like all of these EXCEPT the Tex Mex which was mushy with rubbery bits. The Vegetarian Joe is my favorite.

Soups - Chicken & Vegetable Cream, Tomato. I had trouble with these. The Tomato was just too grainy and bland no matter what I did it did not set right with me. The Chicken/veg cream I just added a little bouillon and tobasco and it was great. Both of them have problems with lumping and I found that adding the cold water slowly while whisking or just whizzing them in your mixer before heating helps a lot.

Puddings - Lemon, Chocolate Chip w/Marshmallows, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Toffee Creme. The Toffee Creme was bland and the Chocolate Chip has hard marshmallows (think Lucky Charms). The Lemon is good but could be a little more tart for me. My favorite is the Caramel which reminds me of butterscotch.

Pudding/Shakes - Mocha, Cocomint. I like them both. By the way, I thought the Cocomint was a mix of coconut and mint in chocolate. It's not. It's mint and chocolate. I think it's because of how it's spelled that gave me that idea.

Desserts - Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake. I like both of them. The chocolate cake has little chocolate chips in it. The cheesecake doesn't really taste like cheesecake but all sorts of flavoring can be added to make this a very yummy dessert.

I'll stop here because I said this was a Wonderslim review. I have also tried some products from the Bariwise and Protidiet lines. If you would like reviews on those let me know. Hope this helps!

Last edited by glassbutterfly; 07-10-2010 at 04:36 PM.
glassbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #2  

Thank you so much for this. I have been debating on WS for quite some time. I would like to hear reviews on the others as well. I get the catalog that has all of these products in it, so it would be nice to know what others think is good.
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

The chicken dishes are absolutely gross and uneatable. I am sticking with the shakes only from here on out.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaM View Post
The chicken dishes are absolutely gross and uneatable. I am sticking with the shakes only from here on out.
I so agree. After the Tex Mex Chicken I was not about to spend money on another chicken entree.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/207.2/160

Height: 5'3

I like the strawberry banana gelatin and the wonderslim raspberry hot chocolate. I could live off of just those...
mxochihua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #6  

Haven't tried the gelatins yet. Might stick a box in my next shipment.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 212/207.2/160

Height: 5'3

Let us know if you like them
mxochihua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaM View Post
I actually like the tex-mex chicken a lot. I let it soak for a bit before I cook it and the "chicken" gets really soft that way. I think the sauce has a great spicy taste!
pradaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #9  

I am pretty new here but have tried quite a few of the wonderslim products.
My favorite and most used is the chocolate shake and pudding mix. I just shake it with water and ice and it is yummy. I also really like the caramel brownie bars and the chocolate covered peanut butter bars. The crispy ones are all too dry for me. I do not like the cookie dough one.
The creamy chicken soup I had a very hard time mixing it up and it was lumpy. I think I will try the advice of the other poster and add cold water slowly and see if that helps.
As far as the puddings I like the chocolate marshmallow one but do not care for any of the other flavors.
I love love love the bbq crisp snacks. The sour cream and onion ones are ok but have an odd aftertaste to me.
I hate the tropical smoothie, I think it was the one item that I hate the most.....
Mostly I stick to the chocolate shake, brownie caramel bars and bbq snacks...
pinkpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote