Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #451  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristikins View Post
Had a super crappy day yesterday - nothing went right it seemed - although I know it's PMS and any other time it wouldn't have been a huge deal...but GOSH dontcha just hate days like that!!! I think my Mom started it off for me - before I even realized it was PMS...she made these Cookie Dough truffles (we got the recipe from the cooking show last Thurs night) so she brought us some "samples" and as she was handing me the bag said, "now YOU can only have one of these"...OMG...really...I just looked at her and said, "NOPE, I'm gonna eat'em all" and walked away! I thought about putting them into another baggie and returning the empty to her and saying yummm...those were great...but I didn't. Then at lunch (we had a bday lunch for my neice) my Dad commented on the plate of food Mom had (have no idea why he did) but she was putting a big spoonful of chicken spaghetti on her plate and Dad said, "you gonna eat all that"...she got pissy and raked it all back into the dish and marched into the dining room with about 2 TB of food on her plate...she was sooo mad at him...I said, "hmmm welcome to my world - the world of the food police, YOU can't have this - YOU can't eat that - YOU can only have 1 of these"...wonder if it sank in to her??? I hated yesterday and am SO glad today is a new day! I still have a hormonal rage going on - but maybe since I'm in my office all alone it'll pass smoothly!
Blah! I'm so sorry you had such a crummy day yesterday. And you're right...dealing with these kinds of situations is just made that much more difficult when we're PMS-ing. It's like we're that much touchier, and that much less patient with those around us.

The food police thing drives me BATTY! Even my husband has learned not to do this to me. Nothing will piss me off faster than having someone make a comment about the amount or quality of food on my plate. I don't care if I'm watching my weight or not. I don't need commentary on it. In fact, I don't think I've ever talked to anyone who's found this kind of "help" helpful at all! If anything, it usually sends me to a place where I want to do the exact opposite of what I should be doing!

Anyway, today is another day, and it sounds like, despite being thoroughly annoyed, you didn't let it affect your efforts to eat on plan. So good for you! Chin up...today HAS to be better!

-Jen
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #452  

Just a heads up ladies - I just got an email this morning from Diet Direct, this week they have their 4wk kit on sale for $245 as low as $231 with bulk discounts!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #453  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlynne76 View Post
Totally happy to help! Navigating all this stuff can be SO confusing. I know I would've loved to have had someone experienced to help me at the start of my journey. Thankfully I at least had my doc and nutritionists, but it's still different than talking to someone who's actually done the plan for a year or more. So please, if you have questions, don't ever hesitate to ask. If I can help you I definitely will!

So the PB snack bars are definitely a bit drier than some of the others. That being said, I especially love the PB crisp one, which reminds me of a Butterfinger. A couple other ones you might try: the cookie dough one isn't dry at all, and neither are the oatmeal raisin, or the carmel brownie and carmel butter pecan ones. The chocolate mint is a bit drier but it's like a Girl Scout thin mint, as is the lemon crisp which tastes just like a lemon cooler cookie. Divine! The coconut tastes like a Girl Scout Samoa cookie, if you like those, too. And the cookies and cream is one of the driest of all...but tastes a lot like an Oreo.

Hopefully this gives you a bit of an idea of what to expect from the others and maybe you'll find a couple you really like. If not, like I said, you can always substitute a different supplement entirely. (But, I've got to tell you, I LOVE having one of these once a day. I usually have it with my lunch and always feel like I'm cheating because I'm eating a candy bar! )

-Jen
That is why I was SO glad to have found these threads on this website. Originally I had come to 3fatchicks for Weight Watchers recipes and calorie counting. I had thought about going back to NutriSystem or going to Jenny Craig because I just need an uplift in the food department but neither of those options allowed me to cook/eat with my family.

Years ago my psychiatrist recommended Weight Watchers and it does work. But life got in my way and I put some of the weight back on. One doctor I visited a while back suggested MediFast, but it seems to be a little pricey. So, I came to visit the MF forums and that is how I found you guys!

I have to say, the PB being a bit drier makes me sad as I love PB and chocolate! However, I am going to try these ones you mention here next. I love Butterfinger and Girl Scout Thin Mints!

Thanks again!!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #454  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlynne76 View Post
Good morning everyone! So, how were your weekends?! We had great weather up here in Cleveland. It was in the high 60s/low 70s and while the sun was out yesterday it was beyond gorgeous. Perfect day for lots of walking and enjoying the fall color. I really do love the fall up here. So beautiful!

This morning I saw some very good news: 155.8 on the scale! That means I have now lost 80 pounds! (Yes, that's me, doing my happy dance! ) Just 21 more pounds to go. But I think for today I'm just going to relish in that new number/milestone!

Hope you're all having a great Monday!

-Jen

We are neighbors - Michigan! And we had that great weather too. It was very strange for October to be in the 70s, it reminded me of being back home in the south. I loved it.

CONGRATS ON 80!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:26 AM   #455  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Jen: Congrats on your milestone!!

Kristi: Ohhhh, I hate food police! Anyone with a weight issues knows dang well that the weight didn't magically attach itself to our gut! We KNOW what we SHOULD and SHOULDN'T do.

I feel a bit more on track again! But today I have a lunch meeting and that means lunch will be provided. I think it's pizza.

I am 1.1 pounds away from hitting the 150's!! I hope to hit it this week!!

I got an invite for a surprise party for my SIL. I HATE going to family things. And DH refuses to go with me (my family isn't very nice to him. Or me for that matter!!). He actually will be deer hunting that weekend and is encouraging me to go. I told him I didn't want to. But then this AM, I'm thinking, hmmmm, I could be down 20 pounds by then, maybe I'll go so everyone can see how much weight I've lost. But I realize that my family, who totally ignore me, probably won't notice and why do I need their approval anyway???!!!! Decisions, decisions!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #456  

Quote:
Originally Posted by goddessmeg View Post
I feel a bit more on track again! But today I have a lunch meeting and that means lunch will be provided. I think it's pizza.
I'm guessing that you're bringing your own lunch then? I never plan to eat what's being served at these kinds of meetings. I always assume I will need my own food and then if I'm pleasantly surprised, so be it. But I'm thinking the opportunity to see the 150s this week for you far outweighs a slice of pizza...

I have to tell you this was a big challenge for me at first but something we just have to get in the habit of doing: and that's bringing our own food to social events when we really want to be a part of them, but know we shouldn't be eating what's being provided. I guess we just have to decide that losing the weight and being healthy is more important to us than 5 to 20 minutes of instant gratification. I, personally, wish I'd figured this out years ago. I could've saved myself countless occasions of self-sabotage!

Quote:
I am 1.1 pounds away from hitting the 150's!! I hope to hit it this week!!
Hurray! So close you can taste it! *fingers crossed* You see something in the 150s this week!

Quote:
I got an invite for a surprise party for my SIL. I HATE going to family things. And DH refuses to go with me (my family isn't very nice to him. Or me for that matter!!). He actually will be deer hunting that weekend and is encouraging me to go. I told him I didn't want to. But then this AM, I'm thinking, hmmmm, I could be down 20 pounds by then, maybe I'll go so everyone can see how much weight I've lost. But I realize that my family, who totally ignore me, probably won't notice and why do I need their approval anyway???!!!! Decisions, decisions!
Wow. Doesn't sound very pleasant at all. I hate to say it, but this is something I've learned in the past year of really caring for myself as well. I've stopped worrying about who I might piss off by turning down an invite to an event that I know I'm going to be miserable at (and am likely going to end up over-eating or binging at b/c I tend to use food for comfort when in these extremely uncomfortable situations). In the long run, my health and happiness are what matter most. And if the people there aren't very nice to me or my husband, it'd be a no-brainer for me now...even if they are family. You have to take care of YOU, Meg. Do what is going to make you happiest in the long run. And don't rely on their feedback to fuel your successes. Rely on YOU. You're far less likely to be disappointed in the end that way. Just my two cents, based on a LOT of self-reflection and learning this past year.

Let us know what you decide and how lunch goes, etc.

-Jen
Old 10-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #457  
Goddess of All

Jen: Great words of wisdom.

However, I did indeed have pizza for lunch! It'll be a protein bar and shake for supper tonight!!

I'm still really torn about the family thing. I haven't seen my family for 1 year (one of my sisters and I used to be super close until she sh*t on me and DH. She lives about 2 miles from me). I tell myself that when my mom is dead I won't bother w/ them at all. I asked a friend for advice. She is encouraging me to go. She tells me that change begins with me. I have 3 weeks to make a decision.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #458  

Quote:
I'm still really torn about the family thing. I haven't seen my family for 1 year (one of my sisters and I used to be super close until she sh*t on me and DH. She lives about 2 miles from me). I tell myself that when my mom is dead I won't bother w/ them at all. I asked a friend for advice. She is encouraging me to go. She tells me that change begins with me. I have 3 weeks to make a decision.
I strongly encourage you to listen to your gut/instincts/heart. You will know when you come to the "right" decision for you because you will be comfortable with it, whatever you choose to do.

Have you ever had a conversation with these family members about how they made/make you feel? If not, that could be one route to take. Regardless, it doesn't sound like ignoring the problem is going to be/has been very successful.

I have to say, I believe in your friend's "change begins with me" mentality, but I have a slightly different interpretation of the statement than the one I believe she meant. Here's the thing: you can only be crapped on, stepped on, beat up and insulted so many times. Eventually you have to ask who's the foolish one for going back for the constant punishment. In this case, yes, the change begins with you: it begins when you love yourself enough to stand up for yourself and do what's right for you in your heart...whether that means having a confrontation, avoiding the situation entirely, or doing something else altogether. The change DOES begin with you, but what that change is, exactly remains to be seen.

Hang in there and remember, first and foremost, you must take care of YOU.

-Jen
Old 10-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #459  
Goddess of All

Thank you, Jen. You are 100% right. My first instinct is NO! I do NOT want to go. Why would I go? Some stupid sense of obligation and maybe to get some approval from people I don't really care about any more. I don't like going to places/parties alone in the first place so there's one strike against. And this is at my brother's McMansion friend's house where no one else in my family might even show up. So there I'd be, a singleton, wishing I could come up with a quick excuse to leave!!! Boy, sounds like my decision is made, doesn't it!!

Since my DH will be deer hunting, it's chick flicks/romance novel night for ME instead! Oh, boy! That sounds like a MUCH better plan!!

About having the convo w/ my family: it's a huge long story, but the sister that I used to be very close with basically poisoned family against my DH, who did absolutely nothing to deserve that treatment. I don't know that for a fact, but I believe it to be so. I "forgave" her for her behavior but as time has passed, I know I haven't nor has she done anything to try to make amends. (At our wedding, I had to approach her and her comment to me was, "I hope you're happy." We all know there are different ways that can be taken!) And my darling, darling husband tells me he is sorry that my family treats me this way. He says that they are missing out on knowing just how wonderful I am. I have always been ignored by them (one of my brothers, when asked by a cousin on Facebook, to list his siblings there, totally and completely forgot me. That just says it all!)
Old 10-25-2010, 04:27 PM   #460  
Goddess of All

OK. Enough of family crap!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous, on plan day!!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:46 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow....family drama Megs. My family is the same way...only it's my sister and I that are constantly left out. It's very frustrating, and there's no excuse for it. We just the red headed step children of the bunch. The older I get, the more I don't care...I have bigger fish to fry and they're the ones missing out on what could have been fabulous relationships...cause I'm AWESOME! lol

Didn't eat so OP this weekend. I actually wasn't terrible...I just ate too much...and had too much wine. I was up in weight this morning...so I'm going to use tomorrow's weight instead..lol Unless it's higher than today's of course, he he he. I'm just glad I didn't re-enter the 190's...ACK!! That would have been horrible!

Okay, off to watch a little tube before bed. Have a fab day tomorrow ladies!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 AM   #462  

Morning all!

Meg: I think you've made your decision, darling. And I have to say, I think a girl's night in with a movie and some comfy jammies sounds WAY better than dealing with a bunch of people you don't like who are literally throwing away the opportunity to get to know you and your hubby. Like I said, take care of you...the rest will follow.

JYoYo: Are you following a particular plan with the Wonderslim products, or just incorporating them here and there into your diet? I haven't had a glass of wine in over a year, as alcohol isn't allowed on my plan, and it's WAY easier for me to give up drinking than food as a whole. I'm much more inclined to slip off plan over something tasty to eat, versus drink. After a really rough September and early October though, I seem to be firmly back on plan. Thank goodness!

Speaking of which, not surprisingly, today was the first day in about two and a half weeks that the scale was up. I knew it would happen eventually. As much as it was awesome seeing a loss of some sort literally every day, I knew it couldn't go on for ever. And with my period being over and being back on my pills, a gain from some water was almost guaranteed. So today I was up to 156.4. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted!

Crummy day, weatherwise, up here in Cleveland. 74 degrees but gray and cloudy with predicted rain throughout the day and high winds of up to 50 mph. I don't think I'll be getting my lunch time walk in! Instead I suspect I'll be bonding with my treadmill over a mindless TV program for a little while after work.

Hope you are all having a good morning thus far!

-Jen
Old 10-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #463  
Goddess of All

You women are FABULOUS!!!! Support is a beautiful thing!!!!!!

I am cutting out soda this week as an experiment. I think it is leading to my cravings for carbs. I'm not a huge soda drinker, but let's face it, water if MUCH better.

OK, time to get some water!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #464  

Quote:
I am cutting out soda this week as an experiment. I think it is leading to my cravings for carbs. I'm not a huge soda drinker, but let's face it, water if MUCH better.
I'm assuming you drink diet soda? It definitely can lead to carb cravings. I'll tell you the one I had an issue with for awhile: sugar free gum! Any of the sweet, fruity flavors. They were leading to serious carb cravings. And it got to the point where I was chewing one or two packs a day of the stuff. I'd literally chew it until the flavor was gone (just a minute or two), then spit that piece out and put in another. NOT good in any way, shape or form! It was leading to horrible cravings, added calories and carbs, and WAY too many sugar alcohols which my body didn't like at all. Since I stopped chewing it, and just limit myself to the mint or cinnamon flavors, it's been fine. But there's no doubt about it. Our cravings and habits can come from some weeeeird places sometimes!

-Jen
Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #465  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hi girlies!! I was gonna chime in on Megs family drama decision - but I think you ladies have hit the nail on the head! Meg they are right - it's totally up to you, and honestly - if you go there looking for some gratification ("oo oo look at Meg, she looks fabulous"...) I'm afraid they'd just dissappoint you there too - when I want people to notice, they don't and when I don't think about someone noticing, they do...Sunday my neice couldn't get over how different I look - haven't seen her in several months - that was an upper - but then the drama at the table took over and that downer was bigger than the upper was and the after effects lasted WAY longer too! So I guess, as hard as it is to ignore what we think is obligation, it's probably best for our own sanity if we just avoid strange and stressful situations all we can! You'll do what's right for you and you'll stand a little taller because of it! oh an good luck w/ no soda's...I gave them up years ago - pretty much all I drink now is water and sugar free kool-aid (aside from my shakes of course)...don't like Tea (yeah I know, here I am in the south - home of the sweetest iced tea in the US and I don't like it...) so anytime I do have carbonated drinks I get the hiccups - and caffeine will keep me awake for days...

As for me...I had a talk with my Mom yesterday..she had NO idea she was acting like the food police around me. She apologized for it and said she'd try to never do that again - after Dad did it to her she realizes how that feels...so I guess all in all it was a productive blow up after all; at least for me! We'll see how long it lasts

Am going to do plan 100% today! I've been a little bad in the evenings this week (Sunday and Monday) - PMS cravings was really hard this time...am totally committed today though!
Closed Thread