Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #421  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlynne76 View Post
Totally hear you on the space issue! I have one shelf in our pantry that's completely full, another two that I've kinda taken over with a box here or there, and the rest is in four giant boxes in the basement. All those little packets take up a lot of room in their original packaging!

One thing I do which helps a bit is I create my own "variety" packs. Keeps me from eating the same flavors of things day after day, and one mixed box of shakes, for example, takes up a lot less space than five separate boxes.

Hopefully this time around your Saturday weigh-ins will encourage you to set the tone for the week by giving you an extra opportunity for activity with your family, time to plan your meals for the week, etc. Much better use of your time than using the week ahead to "undo" the damage caused by slips. Trust me, you'll get much better results if you abandon that mentality from the get-go!

-Jen

Funny that you say storing in the basement. I was thinking about planning out a couple of days at a time and keeping them in the kitchen. We have a rather large kitchen, but it is a old farm house with very little cupboard space. People did not have many gizmos and gadgets in those days so they did not require the space many of us need now. LOL. I do have a chopping block on wheels that has drawers. They are pretty deep drawers so I could easily put some things in there. Right now my boxes are sitting on top of my dog cages in the living room. Quite the eyesore. I just had no idea what to do with them last night.

I think with Weight Watchers it was a completely different mindset. I was younger. The weight came off much easier since I really only had to worry about my self, my husband at the time was a health nut so it made it easy. I always had extra points from the week left as well as the bonus weekly points they already give you. I would use those to have my "going out" meal. I was also a runner then and would use the week to run. My weekends were spent running around, park with the dogs, things like that.

A back injury, then deaths, divorce, and depression sidelined me and in time the weight came back. I have had it for a while now and am finally at a point in my life where I am comfortable enough to really take action and feel like I WILL succeed.

I had planned to go back to Weight Watchers, and I did try TOPS, but my main problem right now is with my job, being a student, my fiance, his daughter on weekends, and so on, I just do not have the patience or the time to go to meetings, not to mention all the planning and preparing of meals.

And that let me here. With the NL/WS plan I love that I can just grab and go. I don't have to plan or cook a bunch of meals. The lean and green will be great training for portion and cooking as well as allow me to eat with my family. I thought about it for months. Read all the reviews, did my homework. Looked at all the other plans out there. This one suit my lifestyle and needs.

As I sit here typing this I am ready to go grab a breakfast item, weigh in, make some coffee and begin my day.

I also want to take a minute to thank you ladies for sharing your experiences. I have been reading your posts since the 1st wonderslim thread!

Chrystal
Old 10-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #422  

Chrystal: I think you're going to find this is JUST the plan for you! You're right, it doesn't require any real thinking or planning or counting or calculating...it just lets you learn how to live your life while dropping the weight. I think the truth is, those of us who've lost and regained the weight over and over again KNOW what we need to do. We just don't always have the time, or the mental capacity, to do it. WS sort of lets you put one aspect of your life on hold while getting the job done. And, the fact that it's also tasty and reasonably priced, is a HUGE bonus!

What did you have for breakfast today? For me it was hotcakes with 2 TBS of the Joseph's sugar free maple syrup and a Dunkin Donuts french vanilla decaf coffee. YUM! (And they call this dieting?! )

Today is a HUGE day for me: it's my "weightiversary" as I'm calling it. Exactly one year ago today I made the decision to do something about all the unhealthy weight and habits I'd been carrying around for literally decades. On October 22, 2009 I changed my life and I've never looked back. Initially it was my goal to lose 80 pounds in the first year. As of this morning, I have lost 77.3! I didn't quite make the goal, but I came darned close! And maybe by November 1 I will get there.

Don't ever doubt your ability to change your lives, ladies. Though I set the goal back then, I wasn't sure I could do it. Now I know I can...heck WE can! I'm so proud to be that much happier, healthier, and comfortable one year later. I'm learning to love the body I'm in and the life I have before me. And I have a feeling that year two is going to be even better!

Happy Friday, all!

-Jen
Old 10-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #423  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferlynne76 View Post
Chrystal:

What did you have for breakfast today? For me it was hotcakes with 2 TBS of the Joseph's sugar free maple syrup and a Dunkin Donuts french vanilla decaf coffee. YUM! (And they call this dieting?! )

Today is a HUGE day for me: it's my "weightiversary" as I'm calling it. Exactly one year ago today I made the decision to do something about all the unhealthy weight and habits I'd been carrying around for literally decades. On October 22, 2009 I changed my life and I've never looked back. Initially it was my goal to lose 80 pounds in the first year. As of this morning, I have lost 77.3! I didn't quite make the goal, but I came darned close! And maybe by November 1 I will get there.

Don't ever doubt your ability to change your lives, ladies. Though I set the goal back then, I wasn't sure I could do it. Now I know I can...heck WE can! I'm so proud to be that much happier, healthier, and comfortable one year later. I'm learning to love the body I'm in and the life I have before me. And I have a feeling that year two is going to be even better!

Happy Friday, all!

-Jen

Jen: For breakfast I had 4oz of fat free cottage cheese, 24oz of water(still working on that), coffee, Mocha Pudding and Vegi Cheese Omelet. It was pretty good.

Congrats on your "weightiversary"!!!!

I am at 225 right now and would like to set my goal at 180. That is an easier weight to maintain although my previous goal weight with Weight Watchers is 160. I am just taking it one day at a time!

It has been a long time since I was actually excited to start a plan. And it does help the price is decent and so far the items I have tried are pretty yummy.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #424  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Good morning girlies!

Jen - Happy Weightiversary!! You are a wonderful inspiration to us all! To keep at it day after day and your results show your hard work! WTG!!

Chrystal - So glad you're doing good on your first day!!

We had lots of fun last night at the cooking show - got several recipe magazines, samples, coupons (YAY) and ideas!! None of our group won a stinking thing...but it was SO entertaining anyways!! My L&G last night consisted of BBQ and chips...yeah..I know...and I woke up this morning starving - no doubt it was due to the high carb = quickly expended energy that meal gave!! So today is a new day and on track!!! Oh....and did I mention TGIF????? I can't think of a better day...well....ok...maybe Saturday!! Yall enjoy!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #425  

Kristikins - thank you so much!

I just had to pop in and say I had the WS Cheesy Mac for lunch. I am very picky about my mac and cheese and was a little worried this would have one of those weird aftertastes like many diet plan mac and cheese usually do.

OMG

It was so YUMMY!!

Good thing, I bought two boxes. Mac and cheese is like heaven to me. So this makes me really happy!

I hope I don't overload you guys with too many posts, I can be quite chatty.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #426  

No worries, Chrystal...rest assured that this group is happy to keep up!

So glad to hear the mac and cheese is awesome! I have two boxes of that and the fettuccini alfredo in my house that I've yet to try (but was planning to this coming week). Since they're slightly higher in calories I've been holding out. Now I'm REALLY anxious to give them a whirl!

-Jen
Old 10-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh yes, I love the mac and cheese too....yum! And the sloppy joe stuff, I put it on a slice of WW bread..quite tasty! IMO
Old 10-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #428  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! It's a beautiful Friday! I have the day off and saw my DH off for another weekend of hunting and I have not been binging. I have put my "official" weigh-in until tomorrow!

I've spent much of the day clipping coupons! I had 5 weeks worth of inserts (multiples of some) and I **think** I have figured out a system! I need to put put them into my organizer(s!!).

I've found some "kin" through ancestry.com! I went to genealogy class last night only to find that there wasn't one!

Have a grand weekend all! My mom called to see if I was busy tomorrow. She wants her leaves raked. Oh, darn, my DH is gone! (she was really calling to see if HE was busy tomorrow!!) So I escaped that one!!

I got my Netflix through my Wii figured out (plugging it into the right spot take it from 2% to 100%. Gosh, no wonder the speed was so sucky!) Chick flicks anyone??!!
Old 10-22-2010, 06:33 PM   #429  

Meg- I have a Wii and we are trying to get rid of our cable package. With the digital cable, home phone and internet we pay about $180!!! UGH

We have wireless internet in the house, a laptop hooked up to the living room TV as well as the Wii. We are looking in to NetFlix and just got set up on the Hulu Premium which costs $10 a month. Hopefully we can just keep the internet, use our cell phones and get rid of our cable. We watch more movies than we do TV shows anyway.

My day went GREAT and it was NOT hard at all.
Here is my completed day if you are interested:
http://www.selfemployedwriter.com/20...slim-plan.html
Old 10-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #430  

Chrystal, I looked over your first day and have a couple pieces of advice for you. Firstly, I'm curious, if you're tracking your meals on Fitday, what were your total carb, fat, and protein counts? And how about your sodium? Those are key things to watch and include in your daily breakdown posts. Eventually they'll help you figure out your own "sweet spot" for weight loss.

Also, be careful about the number of sweet/dessert-like replacements you're using each day. I only include one "dessert" each day (by dessert I mean pudding, cheesecake or chocolate cake). These products don't have as high a nutrient content as things like the pudding shakes, smoothies, or crispy bars, for example.

Typically I do a smoothie or pudding shake along with a breakfast entree in the morning (oatmeal, pancake, or crispy bar). For lunch I do an entree (chili, joe, cheesesteak pasta, nacho cheese pasta, etc.) and a protein snack bar. For snack I do one of the snack items (pretzels, double crunch crackers, Cinna crunch, dry cereal, hot chocolates, crunch o's, etc.). For dinner I either do another entree and pudding shake, or a "lean and green" meal. And for dessert I do one of the puddings or cakes. If you're doing the optional dairy, starch, fruit, etc. you could easily add those items in throughout your day, too.

Hope this helps you out a bit as you work to figure out the perfect plan for you.

-Jen

Last edited by jenniferlynne76; 10-22-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

I am back! Sort of back on track this week had the memorial for our friend so was busy getter this ready..it was beautiful! Been on and off my diet, find I have just not been eating enough so weight loss is slow but in almost 3 weeks I have lost 8 pounds so I am pleased. Have not been able to walk the last few days with Typhoon Megi hanging around the corner ..but that's ok..its a beautiful day today and I am on my way out the door.We are going away Wednesday for 4 days..so have my packages already to go so it will be a big test...

Got caught up with everyone one here and the new people ( hello)..everyone is doing great...keeps me motivated hearing all your good news!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-23-2010, 12:05 AM   #432  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

We do the same thing for tv Chrystal. Canceled cable...just have our cell phones and an internet connection, the rest is through netflix with the wii or ps3 and hulu. I didn't know there was a hulu premium. I'll have to check that out...does it make the commercials go away? lol Right now we just use the free one.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #433  

Just a quick check in to say hello and wish everyone a happy Saturday. I had my official weekly weigh in today. Down another 4.5 pounds this week! Just 1.2 pounds away from 80 pounds lost! Whoo hoo! Hope you're all having a great, on-plan day.

-Jen
Old 10-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

I only use WS products as an adjunct to my HEP (healthy eating plan), but it works tremendously well for me. My appetite hasn't been this calmed down in AGES.I normally have averaged either a minimal to a 10 lb loss per YEAR. Since adding the WS to my eating plan. I was 277 and change on Jan 2009. I was 267.0 on Jan 2010. I was about the same at the beginning of June (lost no real weight). I added WS and now I'm 251.0 as of yesterday's weigh-in. So, in four months, I've lost 16 lbs, which is more than I normally would struggle to lose in a whole year, and it's not been a huge struggle. I only look to lose 1 to 1.4 lbs a week (I've set a two-year goal to reach 160 lbs). I want to actually change my total lifestyle, so I've given myself plenty of time. I have no desire to be a regainer, and every time I've tried to lose it fast, I also regained it fast.

I have not returned to my high weight of 299 lbs (2004), so very slow has been fine for me. Hopefully, my skin can adapt a bit more going slowly than if I dropped in crash diets.

I know these are not wholesome foods. WS is a Frankenfood sort of diet (lots of additive, preservatives, some too high in sugars, etc). HOwever, the added protein really calms my appetite, and I add plenty of organic veggies and fruits (less fruit than I ate in the past, when I'd easily eat 5 to 6 fruits a day or more) and organic dairy and take my supplements.

I think the ease and calorie-controlled way to get the protein is what makes it most valuable to me. But this is not a way to eat for life, so I know I have to learn how to balance convenience/Frankenfoods with real food and smaller portions.

I have learned some portion control using these. I mean, the servings are tiny and it teaches me to extend--I add veggies to all the entrees to make them BIGGEr than the tiny serving to fill me up. Spinach, broccoli, broccolini, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, peppers, eggplant, and I use plenty of side salads. I also add healthy oils (EVOO, coconut, Smart Balance) to make sure my hair and skin are not adversely affected. I add cinnamon to the hot cakes for improving my insulin resistance. I add garlic to most stuff cause, well, garlic is good for me. I add lime or lemon to some fruit drinks for vitamin C. I add Almond Breeze or organic milk (1/4 to 1/2 cup) to the shakes to up the calcium, protein, potassium, and taste.

And I take at least 10 grams of fiber supplementation a day to keep the regularity.

So, while I'm a slow loser on purpose, I wanted to remind the strict adherers to WS (which means you should lose pretty fast, 2, 3+ pounds a week), to eat plenty of vegetables, eat your fruit, and make the most of your Lean/Green daily meal to get nutrients and stay in touch with "real" food.

And like the other advice here, be careful of the snack bars that are the more "junk/sugar-laden" ones and the higher-carb meals, cause they can set your appetite up again. Save the treat for the time of day when you tend to want that treat most (for me, it's nighttime after dinner when I really want that treat and when I would used to tend to binge.) You know best when you get the cravings for the sweet or carby treat.

Last edited by Mirtika; 10-23-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmywaytome View Post
I am back! Sort of back on track this week had the memorial for our friend so was busy getter this ready..it was beautiful! Been on and off my diet, find I have just not been eating enough so weight loss is slow but in almost 3 weeks I have lost 8 pounds so I am pleased. Have not been able to walk the last few days with Typhoon Megi hanging around the corner ..but that's ok..its a beautiful day today and I am on my way out the door.We are going away Wednesday for 4 days..so have my packages already to go so it will be a big test...

Got caught up with everyone one here and the new people ( hello)..everyone is doing great...keeps me motivated hearing all your good news!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sorry for your loss. Glad you managed to lose. And don't minimize 8 lbs. That's more than 2 pounds a week, which is a great rate to lose. Very healthful and 8 lbs makes a difference!!!!
Closed Thread