Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. I've been really busy. Last week was my last week of work, so now I'm back to being a sahm. My house is a mess. It's going to take me a few days to get it back to normal plus I have this chair I need to reupholster. (It's a wingback if anyone has any experience and can pass along some much needed assistance!)
I still weigh about the same. This morning was my weigh in and I weighed 154.6. I'm losing these last few pounds VERY slowly. I'm also not following the WS plan to the 'T'. I'm starting to move toward maintenance, so that's also making things go slower. I did run 7.6 miles this morning which is the longest run I've done to date.
My body fat % is still higher than I'd like, so as the weather cools, I plan to do more weight training and shorter, faster runs.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #242  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Harvester: One thing I constantly think about is Maintenance. Do you have specific information or are you developing it on your own? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #243  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Mutable, I've also found that the chocolate cake is pretty okay if you put a little orange extract in it, if you like the chocolate-orange combination.

Goddess, way to go on only having one sugar-free caramel! I was not so on plan this weekend since I was away all day Saturday at the renaissance festival, which resulted in me eating some dirt cake, fruit salad topped with ice cream, and then other munchies later when we went out drinking at the bar for the UFC fight.

The good news from my calorie-a-palooza from Saturday? Sunday morning I got right back on track. I had my fun, and now it's over with! Haha. I don't go out with friends much at all, so I deemed it a special occasion. Not expecting wonderful news on the scale this week, but as long as I at least maintain, I'm a happy camper! Lots of tests this week, so I'll be busy with that! Still reading you guys, though!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #244  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Hi yall! What a busy weekend!! Hubs and I went out Friday night to a big city about an hour from home - had to take son's Sr pics to Michaels for framing and then we went out to eat - MiMi's Cafe...YUM!!! I split my meal with him and then only ate about 3/4 of that!! Saturday I did OK - we had a family reunion, so that was my "L&G meal" even though it wasn't very L or G!! We went to the in-laws for dinner - but I was GOOD and took a shake and a bar (and a yogurt)...Sunday afternoon was my house cleaning day - what a disaster zone it was!! So I did good Sunday too - plus got in some movement cleaning our bathroom!!

Meg - Congrats on your B/G reading...that's SO exciting!! WTG on your hubs busting SS2 and PEX!!! Sometimes it's quite fun to play the bad guy!! Had never had walking taco's until at our fair...they were quite yummy!! And like you said...not too bad!

Kelly - Good for you girl for being strong over the weekend!! Sometimes non-plan eaters do make it hard to stay on task...but most of the time it's totally not worth the backsliding/belly issues that you have to deal with afterwards!! As for finding something to make you happy...have you tried scrapbooking/cardmaking type crafts?? I'm totally loving that stuff - have been doing it for about 10 years now...also, have found that I'm REALLY loving to read on my ipod...I got the kindle app - I've been reading some pretty risque books...hubs has sure been enjoying it too ;D how about making jewelry - that's pretty fun (I don't do that very often, cause the piece usually ends up looking totally wrong and I get irritated)...how about crocheting/knitting/crosstitching...hhhmmmm

Harvester - Congrats on your new positon as a SAHM!!! and WTG on your running expidetion...that's awesome girl!!!

Lindsey - WTG on getting back on track after your palooza!! Sometimes it's hard to just snap back on...
Old 09-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

oh my goodness....lots of catch up reading. I was out sick all last week...I've never been sick for so long. I did LOTS of sleeping!!! ugh!!

I'm back though and I've kind of decided to give the whole WS thing a rest for a bit. Even though it's so easy...it's so hard...lol I've just been losing and gaining the same 5-7 lbs ever since I started! I swear, the only time I've ever been able to successfully lose weight is when I do the South Beach plan. So...I hope ya'll don't mind...but since I love it here, I'm gonna stick around...but just do a different plan, K?

I'm loving the couponing thing...haven't gotten the hang of it yet. But did figure out how to load coupons onto my Fred Meyer card (a Kroger company). Now I need to start hitting up the drug stores...they usually seem to have pretty sweet deals on things. I dye my own hair...cause I'm super cheap...and I don't really care that much...lol But I had a $3.00 off coupon for the type of hair dye I use...went to Freddie's...it was on sale for $4.99. So I ended up paying $1.99 for my hair dye...woot woot!! Then I had a coupon for $2.00 off a the hair cutting place. I have a very simple "do" so I just go to Great Clips or wherever. So yeah...cut and color this weekend was $15.00 woot woot!!

I need to get into knitting again. I have a ton of things I could work on...that ought to help keep me busy from wanting to binge! Also, have been getting into reading again. DH thinks its SO boring! lol I got a sack full of books at our libraries book sale for $6.00. I had like 20 books in there...so now I'm just working my way through them.

okay...all for now...gotta get some work done. I will update my challenge thread soon...but it ain't pretty!!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #246  

Height: 5'6

I have a Kindle and I love it. I'm reading War & Peace at the moment. I think I need to join some kind of group or something I really don't interact with people other than work, haha.

Today is going well but man I just am eyeing up the candy jar in front of me. I'm not hungry. In fact I haven't been hungry all day but I just want to munch on things. Oh well, I'm just bored at work I think. That is why I'm here!

Hope everyone had a good Monday!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

Well here it is Sept 28th ..hoping it arrives today....North American postal service sucks! To mail anything from here to Canada takes 4 days from the States to here so far 15 days so far...must be on that slow boat to China!!!!

Good luck everyone! Hopefully soon I can be on the same track as everyone on here!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #248  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Yoyo- We don't care what plan you're on...we just want you to be in here with us!! We're the cool kids after all!! Sorry you were sick...but glad you're better! There's some bug going around down here - luckily, I'm in an office all alone (at least it's good for that!!)...We've also seen a couple cases of the flu in our town already too....UGH...

Kelly - chew gum!!! That always helps me with the munchies!! As for a group...are you into papercrafting at all?? If so there's a really cool website Splitcoaststampers dot com and they have a forum for gatherings, plus you get some really cool updates on conventions, etc...not to mention the idea galleries...DA BOMB!!!

Onmyway - Sorry your stuff is taking so long...fingers crossed you get it soon!! My WS stuff is usually here in 2 days (but I'm 1 state over from their place)...but I certainly know how hard it is to wait on something you've ordered!!

Hope yall have a good day...
Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #249  
Goddess of All

Hey, gang!

jyoyo: Of course you can hang with us still!

Kelly: I'm very excited to get my Nook. I was going to wait until after Christmas (my mom gives us a check for Christmas; last year she gave us double!!) but I want it NOW! Plus I'm going to Orlando in Dec. and want it for that!!

Solong: sorry there's the delay! Have you ordered your next order already??

Kristi: I'm so thrilled I'm at the "cool kids" table. That's a first in my life!!

Well, I survived Math Night last night. PEX was her usual Nicest Person In The World. Ha! If people only knew! I fear for the future of America!!! Shouldn't 6th graders know their multiplication tables by heart?? Lots of kids stumbling!!! And they get to play games!! We never got to do that! SS2 is positive he knows more than us 3 adults combined. He does a shake of his head and it ticks me and DH off! But he's DYING to get a cell phone and we're tying it to his behavior!

Oh, and the "walking taco"? Nary a bit of green in it! No wonder I am "stuck." But I shall move onward and downward!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:05 PM   #250  

Wow...the "cool kids"....what an honor!! It's a first for me too

Meg...what a pain to have such a pain for a PEX...bleh! You and DH are doing right by your SS, wish the PEX would hop on board...sounds like she pretty clueless...or self absorbed....or both.

Kelly....same from me....chew gum! I have gum EVERYWHERE!!! In my purse, desk, car, home...you get the idea.

Onmyway...so sorry for such a long wait. I guess I can't complain about the 7 days it takes for my orders to get to me...lol. Hang in there, it'll get there

Dreary day here...but in an hour I am off to the Massage Therapist....aaahhhh....I need it so bad!! Luckily my insurance pays for it and I get an hour long massage for $6...he he...I almost feel guilty about it...but not really. Can't let that kind of benefit go to waste!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:35 PM   #251  

Height: 5'6

Yea, I've been meaning to by gum. I've been chewing on some hard candies we have here. Not sugar free but not so bad every once in a while.

As for finding something to do I'm not sure. I tried crafting before and I am really disorganized and that usually stops me from wanting to do any of it. I looked around on meetup.com and joined one hang out group but there isn't too much around here, hah.

Today has been another good day. Still going through the struggle of wanting to eat everything in sight. I know that is just my inner me throwing a tantrum and that it will go away soon.

I've been very bitter lately. My roommate eats whatever he wants [and pays for it by being very large and almost disabled] and his Mom just gives him EVERYTHING. She pays for his gaming, his drinking habits, and has not pushed him to do anything with his life. He quit his job almost 2 years ago bc he hated it. Now he can't find anything, not that he is really looking. I just am jealous bc ugh what I wouldn't give just eat everything and play video games. Now I know I am really the lucky one. I really know that. I have a job and I am getting healthy. I get it. At the same time I am just kind of angry that everything is hard right now.

Sorry, had to get that off my mind. No biggie just needed to rant. -sigh- Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #252  
Goddess of All

jyoyo: Talk about clueless. PEX believed SS when he said DH wanted to do his homework w/ him. So he was off playing video games with his homework sitting undone! And then it dawned on PEX that SS lied to her!

Kelly: Don't let your roommate influence you. He's going to get more and more depressed the more you lose and the better you feel. It could be time to find a different living situation -- someone who supports your choices rather than discourages you!

OK. I use far too many exclaimation points!!! But that's just the way I am!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #253  

What do you mean Meg??!!! I don't even !!notice !!exclamation!! points anymore!!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:57 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 481/413/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone .

I have been using wonderslim products since 5/1/10 and I have lost 68lbs total (I started using weight watchers points system about two weeks before WS, but then decided to try this and loved it). Unfortunately, at 413 lbs, I am at my second plateau and very discouraged. I've tried to exercise more (which was initially really difficult to do) and it just seems like nothing is breaking this plateau.

Does anyone have any ideas for jumpstarting your metabolism while on WS? I am consuming about 1100 calories average, less than 100 carbohydrates per day and half of my daily calorie consumption comes from protein. I have no idea what else I can do... I've read about zigzagging calories and I'm considering this. I have no idea how, at 413 lbs. - 1100 calories wouldn't help me lose weight.

I look forward to any responses. I'm getting more and more desperate and don't want to give up on wonderslim, since I enjoy the program so much.

Addie
Old 09-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #255  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Addie, you might actually just need to be eating more. Eating that few of calories can make your body want to hold onto its fat reserves because it's afraid that food is scarce. Are you seeing a doctor/dietitian about your weight loss? You could probably lose weight at 1800-2000 calories a day, depending on your age, activity level, and compounding health issues (like medications that tend to make people gain weight).
Closed Thread