Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Well...all you folks wanting cooler weather can have ours...I still want summer...we never really get one around here It'll be hot for two days....then, rain, rain, rain....oh and more rain

Okay...weekend is here, another challenge to overcome. I've been SO SUPER DUPER good on my eating all week...and I've gained 2 lbs...so frustrating! I know it partially has to do with miss flo (little witch), so hopefully that will all be done by Monday's weigh in...otherwise I might just cry. It's so annoying to know that you've made such good, healthy choices...then to have it not show on the scale...ugh! I know, I know...the healthy choices are better for my body...blah, blah....but I want smaller closes dag nabbit!! lol

Okay...so this get up and move challenge has been so extremely difficult. I think I've only actually got up and moved once. Janell, you're a superstar at it! sheesh! Luckily I had the eating OP and drinking water going for me...not that it's helped me much...lol I've got to get my life in order so I can get an exercise routine going again. With my son starting school and two different after school activites, it's been virtually impossible to find extra time to hop around....lol

Okay...enough from me. Gotta get ready to go...we're heading down to pick up a FREE sofa bed from my mom. Then back home for some house cleaning, then heading to the races tonight for a firework show with some friends. Tomorrow will be church, b'day party for grandpa, then back to church for a class on Financial Freedom! lol Anyone ever heard of the envelope system? That's what we're doing...so far so good...we didn't spend hardly any money last week...it was amazing!! lol

okay...leaving for real this time...later taters!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:19 PM   #197  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

jyoyo: I hear you on the frustration thing. Yes, my scale is going downwards, but my pants still all fit the same. Where am I losing inches? In my ring finger!!!! OK, and my boobs are 1" smaller. Trust me, they're going to have to decrease by MUCH more in order for it to be noticable! Of course, if I exercised, that might help.

I am SO out of shape! DH and I just rode our bikes back from the parking lot where we got the shuttle bus to the football game. Obviously bikes were designed by men, if you know what I mean! OUCH! And my legs feel like lead.

But my Coupon Queen mission this morning was a success: I spent $31.67 and SAVED $31.77! I picked up 2 boxes of Special K Protein Plus cereal. It looks pretty much the same as WS's cereal.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone - have been trying to get all my work done and out of the way prior to blowing town tomorrow! Am soooooo looking forward to this little get-away!

Jyoyo - I have a few peeps that I would like to add to your 'virtual room' !
Am so with you on that scale aggravation! But you know TOM affects it all. You will surely be down in a week. It did help me to measure this week (only do it once a month) and those numbers are still going down. Then, behold! yesterday the exercise must have finally kicked in and the scale started moving again........
Hey, what is the 'envelope system'???

Janell l- It is sooo exciting to know you are closer to that dream house on the lake! You will do fine with those weekend visits, you will see.
I see you are still on the challenge - but watch out there are some out there who you have definately challenged!

GMeg - Congrats! on your loss this week!!! Are you able to go online at your SSons school - think that is such a great way to keep up. Am really impressed with your coupon savings and thanks for the Special K info!
Oh, by the way, I always lose from the top down too! Rings loose, shoes loose, but the butt is the last to go it seems

Onmyway - the pics. I was talking about are only for your private viewing.....unless you want to do a blog or something down the line like some others have done to show their progress. They take the pics. side, back and front view and do every few months - to be able to actually see how far you have come.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Okay Meg, what's this Coupon Queen thing you speak of? I must know

Water - the envelope system is where you designate a certain amount of money each for different categories (groceries, personal, household, etc.). We put money in each Friday (payday) and once the money is gone for the week, it's gone. No more using the debit card or credit cards! Way too dangerous! lol It's much more painful spending the green stuff...which makes me spend it less. I still had money left over last week...hopefully I can save for something cool I have a friend who has done the envelope system for a couple of years....she and her hubby are now debt free and working on their nest egg....oh to be able to work on my nest egg! lol We'll get there!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #200  
Goddess of All

Water: Yep. There's the parent portal so I use that to keep up with things. But we still miss out on lots of info.

jyoyo: I am really starting to gett into Couponing. My goal is to seriously stock up on stuff for free or nearly free and then sell it! Check out afullcup dot com. It lists tons of stores, what they have on sale and coupons that you can match up to the sale items to get things cheap. For example, the grocery store I went to today had double manufact. coupons. So, I got 2 jugs of Arm & Hammer laundry soap at the store sale price of 2 for $6 ($3 each when the reg. price was $11.50 for the 2). Then I had a $1 off coupon, which got doubled. So I paid $2 for each jug. Not bad. A CVS store just opened right by where I park for work. I literally walk past it every day. So, I have read up on how to save $ and get deals there. PLUS, I switched our Rx's there, so whenever I pick up an Rx, I can tax deduct my mileage to/from work since I'm getting Rx's. (I figured out that one on my own!)

Surprise! I got a check in the mail today. I had DH cancel my life insurance policy. He's an insurance agent and we took out a policy from the last place where he worked. Well, at that time, my BP was high, my blood sugar was high, I was rated "obese" on the BMI scale. So I still have life insurance thru work and I'll get another policy once all of my numbers are groovy.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:30 PM   #201  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

So sad that the weekend is half over...but had a good quiet day at home...slept till 10AM!! YAY!! Don't get to do that very much...we enjoyed the fair last night, didn't do too bad on eating there and did walk alot, for like 2 hours solid so that was good...just before we went I caught myself scarfing crap..then today it was hard to get back on - we had grandparents dinner at my sisters (breakfast for dinner) which I've said is my all time favorite! So I did some binging earlier today and then ate there...tomorrow we are having a crafting night at our church, so I'm sure everyone will bring finger foods UGH...I will try to be good, but ain't making no promises...Monday will be a new start - complete with movement!!!

Saw my HS boyfriend last night at the fair - from a distance...YUK..he's fat and gross looking now....eat your heart out is what I wanted to say, but hubs and I just walked on by...

As for couponing, I saved 41% last night at Kroger!! YAY!! And I use to do the envelope thing (when I worked at a bank it was LOTS easier), haven't done that in a while, but have thought about getting back on the path with it..it really does work!!

Yall have a good tomorrow...I'll try to check in tomorrow evening after crafting
Old 09-18-2010, 11:37 PM   #202  

Height: 5'6

Ordered 2 week starter kit. Getting back into the game! I may not get to post too much here as far as detailed updates, but I am going to try and keep my new weight loss blog updated as much as possible. =) http://mutableparadoxwl.blogspot.com/

Hope everyone is doing well! <3
Old 09-19-2010, 12:09 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 305/293.2/175

Height: 5'7"

Hello WS people! I have been reading and reading and have finally read all the WS posts so I thought I would drop in and join you guys. two and a half weeks ago I ordered the 12 week kit and was holding my breath, waiting for my delivery. Well, I checked the email delivery link and it said it was delivered and signed for. So when I got home, I was all excited and then discovered it was not there, that my husband did not sign for it (his day off) and had no idea where it was delivered. Diet direct was contacting Fed Ex to see where exactly the driver did deliver it and then my neighbor rang my bell to let me know he had it. Gee, it would have been nice to have a little sticky on my door to that effect. Then the boxes say on my table for a bit before I got the courage to give it a go. I have failed at WW so many times, and couldn't choke down NS food to give that another go, so understandably, I was worried about this being another waste of time and money.

Started on Sept. 7th and have honestly not been too pestered with cravings and being just plain hungry all the time--so I am stoked. This past week I did splurge a bit in no sugar ice cream and ordered some low carb snacky items from DD, so got a bit derailed, but I am firmly back on track first thing tomorrow. Got a bit wordy here, and I apologize, but I just wanted to get out of lurk-mode. Look forward to keeping up with how everyone is doing.~Susan
Old 09-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #204  
Goddess of All

Kristi: Isn't it great to see old flames and know you're so much better off without them?! Couponing is getting addicting for me! Better saving $ than eatting food! I've only been doing it for a few weeks and so far I've saved $96.49!

Kelly: Welcome back!

Susan: I am a "WW Lifetime" member. I lost 23 pounds the very first time I joined. Obviously it didn't stay off! And I've been back so many times I think they were about to put in a revolving door for me! But to me, WS is soooo simple and easy!!!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

Just looked at the tracking for my order..it left Florida on the 17th..so it should be here..somewhere...in customs...can't wait to get it..hope everyone had a great weekend...
Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #206  
Goddess of All

Hey, Everyone! Dietdirect is having a sale on shakes/puddings this week: $8.49/box of 7. I plan to stock up. Actually, I need to order about a month's worth. If only my replacement stuff would arrive (I think today. Too bad there's no tracking info on that!!) I'd be sitting pretty.

I realized that I have lost 5% of my body weight!!!!! I can't wait until I hit 10% of it gone!! I still don't notice a difference in how my clothes fit.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #207  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Susan - Welcome!! I too have done WW so many times, even my Mom worked there as a receptionist - I still couldn't get their program to work for me - I want to eat all my points in crap food and then learned nothing about staying away from stuff like that...WS is WAY easy - very yummy - and absolutely working for me!! I'm down 44 pounds so far and started in April. I've been "cheating" some - but am back solid as a rock today! (not to mention my "cheating" has caused some sort of intestinal issues - YEP learned my lesson!!)...We'll be here to help you any way we can, so if you have a question - just ask away...or a comment...by all means, say it!! We are very open here!! oh..and glad your neighbor came clean with the goods nice of him to get it for you, but yeah he could have left you a note..Men just don't think sometimes

I'm thinking I have about a month left from my order...so I better be saving up some dough!!

Couponing is GREAT huh Meg??? We had a church ladies group gathering last night and they all wanted me to share some tips with them...hopefully they can do GREAT too!!

Gotta get busy...later taters!
Old 09-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #208  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies! Sorry I have been missing - just have so much to do. The moving truck comes a week from tomorrow, so I am feeling the pressure. I am holding steady with the exercise, but still not doing well with the eating. This is something new for me because typically I stick to the eating, but don't exercise. I am trying hard to get the exercise stuff ingrained in my brain that I have to do it for health not just for weightloss. I will keep checking in when I can, I love reading up on everyone, it keeps me encouraged. Thanks so much for all of your support!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #209  

Height: 5'6

I can not wait to start again. I think eating right is like trying to quit smoking. It takes more than one try for it to stick. I don't feel bad for going up and down right now. I'm getting the hang of it.

I think I've gained quite a bit back or at least I feel like I have. I haven't weighed in a few weeks. I'm retaining a bunch of water because I do that when I don't eat right...

I've definitely felt a bit of what it feels like to eat better (with the help of WS) and I felt great compared to now. I think I realize that WS is much better than feeling this way.

I am excited to really try again. ^_^

My mantra now is "You only fail by giving up" so no matter what I am going to keep going! Failure is NOT an option at this point.

Last edited by MutableParadox; 09-20-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:35 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 182//130

Height: 5

MutableParadox..I like your mantra "You only fail by giving up"

I am still waiting for my order..so I have yet to start..I am still exorcising so thats a plus..at this rate I will need to order again two weeks after I start in order for it to be here..getting mind ready anyway ..hopefully by the end of this week my order will be here.
Have a great day everyone!!
Closed Thread