Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

So far so good on the 930 bedtime. My son is the same way...will listen to his ipod, text his dad/friends for a bit, or whatever. As long as he keeps his grades up and doesn't start giving me trouble in the morning with getting up, then he can keep his 930 bedtime.

I need to order more WS stuff...BAD!!! DH and I talked about putting ourselves on a budget last night. We have NO idea where all our money goes! It's totally ridiculous. We nickel and dime ourselves to death every month. Anyway...so I'm gonna have to figure out how to work in the WS stuff to my grocery bill...this should be interesting!

Also....Kristi....how do you "learn" how to coupon shop? I'm very interested in that...especially now that I'm limited in how much I can spend at the grocery store...no more tossin' whatever into my cart, then throwin' it out cause it goes bad before we can eat it.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #122  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

There is an awesome lady in our town who has mastered the art of couponing! She taught a class for a small fee ($10) and donated the proceeds to our kids school as a fundraiser! It was great! In our town we only have locally owned grocery stores, Walmart and Kroger. We also have Walgreens and Rite Aide. She taught us about Kroger mostly - first of all Walmart never ever doubles coupons and they look at you like you are stealing from them when you use coupons, so that's not encouraging at all!! Kroger on the other hand doubles up to $.50 coupons, plus you can load Ecoupons onto your Kroger Plus card from the net and you can use the Ecoupon and a MFG coupon for the same items and you only buy when stuff's on sale - that way you get the full benefit from your coupons! Rule of thumb is to get the Sunday paper (where the coupons are ) and get 1 per person in your house; that way, for instance in my case, I get 3 - so when Rice a roni goes on sale at Kroger 10 for $10 ($1 each) and I have a $.50 Ecoupon (not doubled) and a $.50 MFG coupon (they double to $1) I can get a box of that for FREE (plus they give me $.50 to boot)!! Most of the times it doesn't work out like that, but you can get stuff super cheap if you plan it out! If you get more papers, you can get more of the items on sale - use coupons - stock up and won't have to buy that item again until it's on sale again! I got 2 giant bottles of Old Spice body wash (Robby's junk) for $.93 each last week cause it was on sale, I had Ecoupon for it and a B1G1 free coupon and a $1 off purchase of 2! I also got a jug of TIDE laundry det. I've NEVER bought tide (it's too expensive) BUT Kroger had it on sale for $7.99, I had a $2 off Tide Ecoupon and a $.50 MFG coupon that they doubled - so I paid $4.99 for that jug of tide!!! Can't even get cheap junk that cheap!! I also did a deal like that and got a jug of Era detergent for $2.99. Does that make sense?? It's hard to splain in type - so I hope it does! You can search Youtube for some groovy ideas on organizing your coupons - I use the binder method and have fixed it to match the Kroger store layout! (I know obsessive right)...It's lots of fun to go couponing - it's like a challenge to see how much I can get and how little cash I have to give for it! So far I've saved about $77 in 2 weeks! Not too shabby!!

As for Walgreens/RiteAide - you can use a WaG or RA coupon from their sales flier and a MFG coupon too - plus WAG does register rewards (gives you coupon for certain items fo their full price you paid, so next time you buy that item it's free or you can use it next trip on anything - just towards your purchase! RA gives lots of rebates...something to look into!!

As for budgeting WS - I got the 12 week kit (cause that's the cheapest way) I think it was $500 after all the discounts. You can change things around so you don't get exactly the kit contents if you want (i did), then you'll have stuff to last you for quite a while and it's the stuff you like! Our grocery bill has shrank because of it too - cause all we get for me at the grocery is produce (fruit)/almond milk and occasionally yogurt (if it's on sale and I have coupons!!) - the L&G meal is dinner that I cook and eat w/ my family - so that's the same..I think it averages out to be around $41 or so for my WS a week by doing the 12 weeker...

Does any of this info help???
Old 09-08-2010, 05:22 PM   #123  

Yes! Helps a lot! We have Fred Meyer here....which is where I shop anyway...they're owned by Kroger, so I'm thinking I can do the same thing there. How do you get Ecoupons? And can you explain the Double MFG coupons a little more? This is something Kroger automatically does? Or only on certain items?? Sorry for being a dummy...lol...just trying to figure out this moolah stuff...ugh! I don't go to rite-aid or walgreens very often...maybe I'll have to start though! Mostly I think I'm gonna have to start actually looking at all the ads/coupons and junk I get in the mail...bleh! There goes my weekends! Just kidding
Old 09-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #124  

PS...I'll have to talk to DH about the WS stuff...see if he'll let me go ahead with the 12 week kit. I've even thought about getting the protein shake stuff they have at the store...it ends up being cheaper than WS, but I gotta check the labels first, make sure I'm getting at least the same nutrients and such. I found a jug of stuff that has 32 servings for $34.99. 100 cals, whey protein, no sugar, very low carb content...gotta compare the rest of the shizzle though...and see if it really works out or not.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #125  
Calorie Cutting Queen

The Ecoupons you get from the Kroger website - and after you choose which ones you want, you load them to your Kroger Plus card (the little "hey I'm a bonafide shopper here" card you get from them) then when you scan the card before you check out whatever items you are purchasing that you have Ecoupons for the amount of the coupon will automatically be deducted from the price of the item - it shows on your receipt in ()'s. As for doubling - they automatically double anything that's $.50 or less...I don't do WAG or RA very often myself -unless they just have an outstanding deal - then I will go there! Yes it does take time to plan your menu along with the sales ads and coupons/ecoupons etc, but I usually begin it on Sunday afternoon - hubs is on a bike ride and Rob goes to his job - I miss my Sunday afternoon nap because of it - but I like to feel like I've accomplished something - and cutting my coupons out - getting them in the binder then searching out the sales really is fun!!

As for the other protein shake stuff - Martika has some great info on her WS review thread - she's compared tons of brands and has found a few that she mentions that are the best - nutrition wise and price wise - and taste!!

This will blow your mind too - Those WAG register rewards I told you about - well evidently you can use them at Publix and Kmart to pay for your purchases! We don't have Publix here - so I'm not really up on them but if I understand right you can use one per denomination to pay toward your grocery purchase - Kmart will take'em all!! We don't have Kmart locally either (about 45 mins away)...
Old 09-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #126  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

Hello Ladies! Day 2 and all is well

WOO HOO on the 6 lbs - that is awesome!!!!!

I need to go update the challenge thread, have a great night.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #127  

Wow Kristi...I definitely need to start coupon shopping! lol I'll have to go check out mirtika's thread....hopefully the one I ended up buying at Costco gets a good review from her
Old 09-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Lindsey - You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you going to get a ticker to keep track? I just love mine........would love it even more if it would start movin!

Jyoyo - I ordered my new WS stuff on the 5th....then GoddessM posted a great coupon code the next day - dang!! I missed it, but it was really nice of her to share that with us! If the WS is only averaging about $40 per week, am sure you are saving on less groceries and for sure less eating out. I did read the reviews that Mirtika did some time ago too, and that may just be the thing for you to do also. In fact, I may be doing a new budget next month and having to move some of the spending around for a new refrigerator (ours is making noises like it is about to bite the dust and is as old as the hills.........so). But anyway, think my point is that if you make that change, please share with us so we know how it works for you. Would not mind considerating that option either if it works.

Kristi - The opposite sex!! The bane of teenagers! It is great that you have spies out there to help keep you in on things You really did have a sense of something else when you were talking to him the other nite anyway......Hopefully, he will come around for you......like you said, he really is a good kid.
I agree with the menu planning with the ads and prior to shopping. It does take a little more time, but totally pays in the end!!! Also it is nice to have a plan for the week to go by and one is less apt to come home tired and want to order pizza cause there is nothing in the cabinets to eat and too tired to think about what to make.
Hey, saw that you rode the bike 5.5 miles!!!!!!!! Am impressed!
FYI - I am keeping my challenge month all on one post for convenience...that way will not have to look back all the time.

to anyone out there lurking.........where did all those newbies go?! You all could not have given up already!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:45 AM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post
Didn't somebody on here say that they use a Go Wear Fit? How do you like it?
I love the fact that it shows my calorie burn through out the day as well as steps, how long did I sleep at night and calorie deficit.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:50 AM   #130  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm here! Our appointment actually didn't take all day so we got back early. I added ground flax seed to my cereal yesterday and today. So far no er, results, but I do feel awfully bloated! I'm working on lots of water today to keep things moving!!

How does one get a ticker? I know I can't post it -- yet, but i want to be prepared.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #131  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Hi all! Meg - sorry I know I have a ticker, but it was trial and error till I figured it out and now I have NO idea how it got there

Molly - that's cool stuff...what is it - like a spy implant in your arm or something??? Talk about high tech!!

YoYo - I think EVERYONE should coupon shop - its WAY fun and totally rewarding to go out of the store with a buggy load of stuff for minimal price!! If I can keep our grocery bill going down week after week - I can figure my WS into the regular budget...now that's sweet!!!

So glad its thursday...that means tomorrow is the coveted FRIDAY!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 AM   #132  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Ground flaxseed is my new best friend !!!!

Kristi: I hate to rub it in, but today is my Friday (I work a flex schedule with every other Friday off)! Hubby is now talking about doing a mini vacation with my stepson this weekend. Personally, I don't think his behavior warrants it. He's 11 and DH had to have a frank discussion w/ him yesterday about the evils of XBox Live. PEX (that would be Psycho Ex-wife) doesn't have a clue, lets SS get away with murder and uses video games as a "babysitter" so she can obsessively clean her house. Ah, the joy that is our lives sometimes!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #133  

Height: 5'6

Wow. This vacation has been busier than normal work days. haha. I'm sorry I still haven't posted much. I'm kinda broke at the moment so buying WonderSlim is not happening right now.

I've been on a few dates recently which have been exciting. =X I started school yesterday night and it was just as I thought. Boring, haha. I've already got a paper due next week ick!

I have to work ½ day today at work even though I am on vacation. I figured as much though.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #134  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Meg - I can imagine the agravation you are going thru with the PEX...there are so many parents/guardians these days who use video games/TV to educate the kids just cause they don't wanna deal with'em...you stand your ground and keep up the good work! You may not get the popular vote, but doing the right thing now will be better for you in the long run!!

OMG is that KELLY????!!! YAY!!! I figured you were soakin up the sun on some beach somewhere - with a drink in your hand (the kind with the little umbrellas!) with buff beach dudes all around you with fans and sunscreen and thinking of your poor 3FC pals slavin away at our desks....so sounds like you are enjoying your vaca - even though you had to work today...UGH what's with that??? Dates huh...a few....huh....would that be a few with the same lucky guy or a date with a few lucky guys???? Do tell....
Old 09-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

GoddessM- Okay, it looks as if you will be able to get a tracker real soon, huh?!
You go up to the purple bar on top to User CP, then choose Edit Signature and a screen will pip up to add weight tracker. Just follow the directions....is really pretty easy. Have fun!
Also, I have some ground flax that a friend gave me some time ago. Keep it in my freezer and add it to shakes or oatmeal on occasion. Do not have the problem like alot of people do with needing the extra roughage, but am a big believer in pushing that water!!

Kelly - Great to hear from you. Really like it when you let us know you are still around. Did you see Jyoyo is going to test drive a new shake for us? Maybe that could be a more affordable for you too.

Well, my day was tooooooo busy and only earned one stinking point for the challenge! The water point, of course. Hope to be on better behavior tomorrow! Will check back with you all then
Closed Thread