Wonderslim #4

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • Janell, I had the same experience as goddessmeg. They were pretty easy for me. I was never really hungry (and if I was I could have some sf jello), and I remember that I was just so excited to be trying all of the new foods. Hopefully you'll have a great experience too!
  • Jannell - the only thing I recall from those first days was a slight headache. Just be sure to keep your water intake up.......this is very important. Am sure you will do great!

GoddessM - Good luck with your challenges this week. But, a walk! See, you are already making better choices!

Kristi - Where are you girl???!!! I am really missing your posts!!!!!!

I really crashed and burned yesterday.......did have a short (15-20 min.) walk early in the a.m. with the pup, but it kind of slid downhill after that. Good thing today is another day. It is going to be super busy and that can be a mixed blessing. Will just have to plan and get everything in.
    Hope everyone has a good one!
  • I'm here, I'm here....WHAT A WEEKEND!!! Thanks for missin me Water!! So much going on - didn't have time to check in or even read up - so I had a page and a half to catch up on...had a crafting day at my house yesterday (spent Sat and Sun getting ready for it) with my Mom and a couple buddies from a nearby town. We had SO much fun!! (and of course had some groovy grub!) So my OP eating yesterday was a joke!!!

First off, let me say thanks to you ladies who are "light packing savvy!!"...those ideas are GREAT!! Although I've talked myself out of going on the trip and after my mother/son chat last night, I'm afraid he's not going either...I really want him to - I think it'll be a GREAT trip and he'll love it - somethings going on w/ him, not sure what it is yet though...he gave some blah blah about being on a plane that long over the ocean and not being able to see what he wants - has to stick w/ group, etc...yall, my son is ALL about FUN, always has been, so I'm really confused about his thoughts!! I told him he has until Friday to make his decision and he needs to really think about it - I KNOW he will regret not going - if I can just convince him of that!!

Lindsey - girl have you not noticed that we are ALL chatterboxes here??? That's part of what makes us da-bomb!!! so post away!!

Water - you asked what were we gonna do with all these upcoming holidays and our plans...we are gonna keep on going tha's what we are gonna do! Noses to the grindstones - no stopping...

Those grocery stories are quite sad yall! I have been that girl (ok, not the one missing a leg in a wheelchair) but I've been the one who buys a box of little debbies and scarfs'em in the car on the way home...I've also seen people that I want to introduce to WS, but then have to stop myself - cause it's not my place to point out the obvious to them, all we can do is keep doing what we can for ourselves and if you're fortunate enough to live in a small town (like me) people will notice the transformation and will ask us our story. Then we can tell them about WS and 3FC!

Janell - I hope the interview goes well for your hubs! The lake house you viewed sounds lovely - sounds like a perfect place to have a 3FC gathering - sittin on that big ole deck and we can race up and down those 72 stairs

Oh...and BTW...you girls are dreamin...dreamin I tell ya...VICTORY WILL BE MINE and I shall wear that crown with pride..and I really do want world peace ;D!!
  • Well, Kristi....at least you want world peace...and not whirled peas

Yes, a 3FC get together at the lake house sounds like what we need. So, hopefully Janell's DH lands that fab job so our dreams can come ture

Okay...weekend is OVER...back to reality and to being ON PLAN. This weekend I was naughty. I actually wasn't THAT bad...but I definitely was NOT on plan. Plus, no exercise, no drinking enough water everyday...it was a flop! bleh!

First day of school for the boy this morning...big bad 8th grader this year. He comes out all dressed, asks me if I can "gel" his hair (I don't think he's done his hair all summer!) Then I go in the kitchen and he comes in a few minutes later and says, "smell me". So I oblige and say, "oh yeah, smellin' good". Then he says, "okay, do I look like I spent the summer in L.A.?" HA HA HA...what a little twirp! lol He spent like 6 weeks with his dad in LA and he thinks it was the coolest thing EVER!! This morning he was even wearing the sunglasses he got in LA...he had them hanging off the front of his shirt (it was pouring down rain this morning...ain't now way he's gonna need those things today). Sheesh....he'll be 13 on Saturday....I can already see the teenager NOW!
  • Gals, I am 1 stinkin' pound away from moving to "overweight" rather than "obese" on the BMI chart!!!!!
  • That is SO awesome Meg!!!! WEIGH TO GO!!!
  • YAY MEG....That 1 stinkin pound will be gone in just a few days - you can count on it!!! WOooooHHhhooooo!!!

Yoyo - girl, you might as well get ready to hang on case the teen years will FLY by! Is he your only?? Oldest?? I don't wanna tell ya stuff you already know if you have or have had teens already!! Mine's 17..UGH...sometimes teen boys have just as much drama as teen girls - and most of the time is because of the teen girls That's funny though that you had to smell him, and gel his hair and even though it's raining, he had his shades what a cool dude! I bet the girls will OO oo and Aahhh over him today! Get ready for the stories!!
  • Oh yes, he always has stories....he's quite the ladies man already UGH!!! His girl drama started two years ago!!! Sheesh! He's my only child...I learned my lesson...lol..just kidding.

The years have already flown by...I can't believe I'm the mother to an almost 13 year old...makes me feel so old. I TOTALLY remember the 8th grade!! Now I have a kid in the 8th grade....yikes! Just so weird to think about sometimes.

The latest argument is what his bedtime should be....I let him compromise and his bedtime is now 9:30 on school nights...unless he gets bad grades, then it's back to 9:00. Hopefully that will be enough to get him to get good grades!! Which he is totally capable of, but is too lazy to put in the effort...drives me batty!!!
  • Didn't somebody on here say that they use a Go Wear Fit? How do you like it?
  • Hey everyone!

Nothing too exciting to post today. I've been completely on plan since I started doing Wonderslim and tomorrow is weigh day, so hopefully I will be happy with what I see! Tonight I tried out some fat free bleu cheese dressing, which I must say is a lot less awful than fat free ranch, which was nice... Haha.
  • Hello Ladies! Day one and so far so good!

Meg - YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby ate Chinese for lunch and his fortune cookie said, "Monday your dream will come true", well, the interview is Friday, so wouldn't it be amazing if they called Monday and offered him the job!

If we move there, you can definately all come down and sit on my big ole deck wth me - that would be so cool!!!
  • Lindsey - hey, I agree that the FF Blue Cheese is "less awful' Have you tried to make any of your own dressings yet? Will look forward to hearing from you tomorrow .......... you can do the happy dance then!

Jyoyo - Think it is Molly who has the GoWear or the Body Bug. They really do look pretty cool. I just Loved hearing the back to school story!! It really takes me back to fond memories.......It sure will help you in your parenting to remember back like you do to what it was all like to be 13......that is unless you were one of those 'perfect kids'. ha. Your guy really does sound like he is the coolest! Hey, didja post on the Scoreboard yet today?

GoddessM - Oh - to just be Overweight again!!! My goal totally!! Bet you will be there by the end of the week too

Kristi - Glad you had such a great weekend - it really sounds like you all had a blast! Now today, we are all back at it........and since we all kinda had some 'slippage' over the holiday will be even more determined!
    Sure hope your son comes around......most of us would be glad to sign up and pretend we are students and go with you!

Janell - Love that fortune cookie...........would be just great for it to come true!!
    I want my fortune to read 'You will be thin and gorgeous before the Holidays'
    he.he. Somehow, methinks your hubby has a better chance at his fortune!

Well, my luck........the pool is now going to be closed for renovation for 2 weeks.......so went to the library and rented the Walking videos that you guys talked about. If I like them, will go ahead and order them on Amazon or somewhere like that. I have to figure out how to hook up our spare dvd player on our other tv so I can do the treadmill while hubby watches baseball on the big tv. That hook-up may turn out to be a real trick.........think it would count as exercise??!!
  • Hey everyone!

I'll try and make a longer post later, but I just wanted to fly by and say that the scale was down 6 POUNDS this morning!
  • WOO HOO Lindsey!!! You go girl!!! All of your hard work and determination has paid off BIG TIME!!! AWESOME loss!!! So proud for you!!!

Water - I posted on the scoreboard today - and got me all set up for the next week too (which starts today btw)!!! As for my son, I think I'm figuring him out - seems he's hangin with a couple girls (only friends) at school instead of his usual ones (he goes to a private school, so there's only 13 kids in his class so it's not like there's a huge pool of kids to choose from - but they're all good kids for the most part) anyways, these two in particular aren't going on the trip and they are encouraging him to not go. Just got wind of that last night from another mom, so I'll be having another "talk" with him tonight about that!

Yoyo - I'm totally with you - I remember being, well, now a senior in HS as my son is - YIKES!!! I try to be understanding and open to his thoughts and opinions, but sometimes that's really hard - to listen and not comment!! Lets see, my Robby (sons name) has been a BIG sleeper since birth, yep, not lying, at 2 weeks old was sleeping all night. He is now 17 and still goes to bed between 8:30 and 9PM on school nights - his choice! We told him in 7th grade that the 8:30 bedtime could be bumped out to 9 (we were gonna see how that went and then extend it more the next year) but he still chose to disappear at 8:30. These days, even though he goes to bed at 8:30 or 9 doesn't mean he's sleeping - he's usually texting someone till 10ish...wow that's a lot of useless info for ya!! Anyways, he's our only too - so we've spoiled him rotten (or someone has anyway)...but he is a good kid, luckily!

I think I've mentioned before about the WS dressing - the honey mustard is FANTASTIC and only 28 cals!!! Yall should give it a whirl!!

Gotta get busy girls...yall have a good day - will be going to the county fair at some point today to get our booth set up...UGH...
  • Quote: Hey everyone!

I'll try and make a longer post later, but I just wanted to fly by and say that the scale was down 6 POUNDS this morning!
    Yowsa!!! That is SO awesome Lindsey!!! So proud of you!!