3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Wonderslim #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/211114-wonderslim-4-a.html)

mollymai 09-03-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristikins (Post 3465550)
Good morning girls!!

Meg - :D I'll be going on that trip too looks like!! YAY!! There's 11 kids and 9 grown-ups listed and the cost will be around $1500 per person - the kids have already planned some fundraising ideas to help out, so that's a good thing! Only 1 problem I can see - we have to pack in backpacks...ummmm I'm not really good at packing lightly...UGH!! Guess that means, no laptop, no crafting goodies and very little clothes! It's suppose to be chilly and rainy there during that time (spring), so I guess no need to worry about a hairdo either! Now to get passports - and save up all that dough!

I've not tried using diet soda's in my shakes...I'm not a fan of carbonation - does it stay fizzy or does the powder take some of that away??

Yoyo - You are very welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!

Janell - have a good trip!! Be safe and make good choices!

Molly - :( Sorry you won't be joining us on the challenge, guess you couldn't handle that I'm gonna win :D JK...we understand...just be sure to post here still!

It's FRIDAY..need I say more??

ROFLMA0:lol::joker:

Waterwoman64 09-03-2010 09:56 PM

Kristi - I didn't see you posting on the Challenge board yesterday or today.......what a nag, huh? :rollpin: Know you are doing your stuff, cuz I read here about it......You just may win as hard as you are exercising at least on the scale:)
My friends gs went on a trip to England last year, and one of the things he did was rounded up yard work. Everyone says you never see kids doing that sort of thing anymore, and it seems to be true..........so he made a $wad$ doing that. Of course, they all did the old group car-wash thing too, but I think his yard business brought him in the most $$.

Lindsey - the SF jello is yummy........we have that alot! Also, I will add about a tea. of the dry sf jello (orange) to my vanilla shake........probably would be alot like the orange soda one you do. There really are many ways to perk up that vanilla, so I always include at least a box in each order.

Hope everyone has a great week-end.........be safe! :dancer: and have fun/

jyoyo78 09-04-2010 01:06 AM

Holy smokes ladies. I can NOT believe I stayed OP today...it was really difficult....but I kept telling myself I did NOT want to have to admit to another screw up. Yay ME!!! However, I didn't drink nearly enough water today...nor did I get off my rump, but whatever...tomorrow's another day. And I'm still gonna win the challenge, no matter what Kristi tries to tell ya'll...that crown WILL be mine!!! All MINE!!! buwah ha ha ha ha!!!

ibme 09-04-2010 12:19 PM

Thanks for all of the help! I don't know why I obsess about the rules of the program so much.. I think it is just my personality! I even went so far as to call Diet Direct's customer service yesterday and asked to be e-mailed all of the versions of their plan so I could obsess more lol

I am going to start the plan Monday as written and see how it works. I love the idea of having a starch and fruit!!

Have a great weekend!

goddessmeg 09-04-2010 03:17 PM

I just got back from grocery shopping. DH worries that I can do that and not be tempted. I've told him that my carb cravings are gone. But today was a little bit of a struggle.

But here's kind of a sad/judgmental story. I saw a rather Large woman picking up a package of cookies at the grocery store. And I thought to myself, "you don't need those, lady." Then when I left the store, I saw her in her van, already stuffing the cookies in her mouth. There, but for the Grace of God, goes I!!

Anyway. Kristi Here's my travel light secret: black clothes, light accessories (scarves are best) and a big bottle of Fabreez!! Seriously, I've traveling for a month at a time with 2 pairs of pants!!! And yes, I am proud of it!

mollymai 09-04-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibme (Post 3467025)
Thanks for all of the help! I don't know why I obsess about the rules of the program so much.. I think it is just my personality! I even went so far as to call Diet Direct's customer service yesterday and asked to be e-mailed all of the versions of their plan so I could obsess more lol

I am going to start the plan Monday as written and see how it works. I love the idea of having a starch and fruit!!

Have a great weekend!

LOL I did the same thing. I chatted with diet direct about that and they were no help. I was so used to the MF way and I wanted to use WS the same way, but it does not have all the nutrients and vitamins and I was sort of scared that I will be malnutrition. I had to learn that this plan is not 100% the same and I had to incorporate more than MF plan request.

Good luck and it will work as long as you work it.:)

LindseyLouWho 09-04-2010 09:40 PM

Hey ladies! Pretty quiet over here on the weekends, which is pretty normal for 3FC from what I remember...

So far I've been 100% OP, or at least as far as the guidelines I've set for myself. I fudge a little and usually use more veggies in dinner than they call for and might use more "optionals" like salsa, but it's always within my calorie budget of 1200. The first day I went a little over, but it was due to my particular choices for WS products.

I really like that for dinner I got to have an entire can of tuna for my tuna salad under their program! It was really filling and I had it over a lovely bed of lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. I tried these new Wasa Crisp n Light things with dinner... reminded me of a combination of rice cakes and styrofoam in texture! Haha. They tasted alright though, were large and only 20 cals a piece.

I am thus far THRILLED with Wonderslim. My mom is doing this program along with me, long distance from Texas, and she's really happy with it too. I guess it's working well because we both have quite the sweet tooth, so all of the shakes, bars, and puddings really sit well with us.

Sorry if my posts are a little wordy... Haha. I guess the newness of the program has turned me into a chatterbox. :lol:

JanellBea 09-04-2010 11:42 PM

Hey Ladies! Checking in from the beautiful lake! Wow, the weather here is just amazing, hope you all are enjoying the same beautiful fall weather:) I have not been on plan with my eating, but have done plenty of exercise.

I can't remember if I told you, but hubby is interviewing for a job here next week, so we actually did some house hunting today. We looked at a beautiful home on the lake, with a fabulous deck and landscaped backyard that lead to a beautiful stone walkway down to the huge dock. The walk to do the dock and back was quite a workout. We climbed at least 75 steps one way - and it was SO steep. My calves will be burning tomorrow:) I will update my challenge page next.

As far as MF goes.... I am converting from MF to WS. I loved MF and the results are amazing. For health reasons, I cannot have that much soy - and almost all of the MF products are soy based. I love the taste of WS, love that it costs so much less and love the abundance of choices. I am however worried that I won't see the same results as MF since the carb count in WS is higher. I was very strict keeping my carbs around 70 on MF and it is hard to do that on WS. I am going to give it a go and WILL be 100% OP Tuesday.

BTW, I see a lot of smack talk on winning the challenge..... Did you not hear that I am going to be crowned victorious!!!!!

Mirtika 09-05-2010 02:28 AM

Janelle,

Just be judicious. I know that with WS, low carbers need to stay away from the pasta stuff (high carbs). I cant' even understand why they have the mac-n-cheese, pasta alfredo stuff. Crazy. It's cheaper to buy store boxed mac-n-cheese, way cheaper, if one is gonna go nuts with carbs. The snack bars are pure candy. Don't bother if you want to keep to a low to no sugar plan. Read the nutritional info and go for the stuff that's more sensible.

As far as the fruit drinks: The BariWise ones are way way better than the WS ones, so consider those.

As far as fears of nutrition, get a solid, good multivitamin, particularly one that's two for a complete day's dose and split them between two meals. Most top quality multivitamins will cover what Medifast was supplying in shakes, etc.

I also worry a lot about that quantity of soy.

I don't do the WS Plan. I simply use WS and BariWise and Kay's Naturals and other DietDirect products in my attempt to increase protein and cut down daily carbs (though I got my latest batch of Kay's Naturals from Netrition.com along with some other low carb staples, like FiberGourmet high fiber, lower calorie pasta the Nature's Hollow sugar free breakfast maple syrup that's way better than anything Diet Direct has. Also like the Smuckers one.) The Kay's sweet BBQ snack mix is really fun, and the Bariwise biscotti make for a nice treat with the hot cocoa in the evenings (when I personally get my snack cravings)

Also, the BariWise smoothies were fine if you want more variety.

Waterwoman64 09-05-2010 02:14 PM

Jyoyo - I'm getting kind of scared now!:fr: You have stayed OP on a Friday...excellent! The weekends are always hard and especially holiday weekends. We all must have been nuts to start a challenge in a month with a holiday! The only problem here, from this month to the end of the year are all are holiday months.....eek! What are we gonna do?

Lindsey - great to hear that your only cheats are more veggies and extra condiments. You are sure to do well with this program. It's so neat that you are doing this with your mom. Can she post on 3FC too? PS - your posts are not too wordy at all.........I really enjoy reading them.

Janell - the lake really sounds wonderful - will keep our fingers crossed for your plans! :crossed: That must have been 60 oz. of water yesterday not 6, huh???!
Hopefully you will find the results you want with WS. How long did you do the Medifast and are you finding many of differences?

Mirtika - I really like your explanation of the word "diet". I have been dieting for wayyyyyyyy toooo long and this time round have wanted to stay way away from the word 'diet'. Have you seen the WS 3FC Sept. Challenge? You should jump in with us!:trampo:

:wave: to everyone else on WS!! or anyone else just 'lurking'...

jyoyo78 09-05-2010 04:58 PM

Mirtika - thanks for the netrition info..they have quite a selection! I'm the same as you. Not following WS to a T, but using the products to supplement my eating throughout the day...doing the good carb - higher protein plan.

Janelle - living on the lake would be awesome! That's my dream location someday.

Water - unfortunately, weekends are my weakness too....last night was off plan...and have already been off plan today...ugh!! I gotta kick it into high gear here!!

Meg - I have a similar grocery store story. I had a box of those single serving healthy pop popcorn. There was a lady in line in front of me (she was severely overweight, in a wheel chair and was missing one leg..I was thinking along the lines of...diabetes related), she looked at them and asked if they were any good. I said yes, I liked them and it was nice to be able to make a single serving so I'm not tempted to eat a whole bag to myself. She said...oh no, I can't do that....I HAVE to have the whole bag to myself with the real butter. I just thought to myself....really??? That might be part of your problem. But then I felt bad for thinking that :(

Anyway...making roast for dinner, cut off as much fat as I could and will make LOADS of veggies to go with it. Now I need to drink some water!

Girls night last night, went to dinner at a brewery (very delicious meal), then went to a bar and sang karaoke all night!! It was SO fun! There were only like 3 other people besides us singing, so we got to sing lots of songs. Felt like a rock star! lol

goddessmeg 09-06-2010 12:23 PM

There's a sale on DietDirect today only (code: LD10) for $10 off a min. order of $100. I just stocked up on cereals (which are .50 off) and puddings which I LOVE. I practically lick the bowl out!!!

I added SF cherry jello mix to my vanilla shake this AM. Yum!! I love all things cherry flavored so I'm excited by that.

This next week is going to be filled with challenges. Tonight we're taking the boys (my stepsons) out for dinner. Tomorrow is the first day of classes and DONUTS will be provided for our office. I have been wrestling with this alllll weekend. I would kill for a good donut. I think I will have to have one. Then Wed., DH and I will be gone all day, out of town, at a medical appointment (nothing serious!!). But doing WS will be impossible. So I'll just try to keep it all in check.

It's nice and cool here right now and I haven't showered yet. OMG, what's happened to me??!!! I think I'm going to take a walk!!!!!!

Mirtika 09-06-2010 05:53 PM

I stocked up on hotcakes (love em, eat em every day just about), snacks (I had only a few of the puffs/chips), and oatmeal (which I finally figured out how to make taste great for me with some almond breeze). Also, the Bariwise fruit drinks (trying the Pineapple and the Mango Peach this time, as the others were pretty good). I plan to mix the pineapple with lite coconut milk and see if I can make a high-protein pina colada. :D

Happy Labor Day, ladies!

JanellBea 09-06-2010 07:21 PM

Hello Ladies! I am home and ready to rock! I did well with my exercise and water ths week, but have not been doing the program, but tomorrow is the day!!

I am officially starting WS tomorrow, so I am sure I will need lots of support to get me through the first few days. If it is like MF, the first 4 days are a bear and then it is very easy - I hope it is the same with WS.

I am off to unpack and prepare for going back to work tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone.

goddessmeg 09-07-2010 09:18 AM

Janell: I found the first 4 days to be cake! Hope it's easy for you!