Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoyo78 View Post

Questions: Did all of you start with a starter kit? Do you continue to use starter kits? Or just order individual things that you like? Just curious how others do it. Since I'm new to this forum...do you all mind posting how long you've been eating WS? And your results since starting? Any side effects at all?

Have a wonderful day!
I never purchased a starter kit. I found it cheaper to buy the things I like once the discounts for bulk and coupons are added. I just made sure it was enough.
harvester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #77  

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Questions: Did all of you start with a starter kit? Do you continue to use starter kits? Or just order individual things that you like? Just curious how others do it. Since I'm new to this forum...do you all mind posting how long you've been eating WS? And your results since starting? Any side effects at all?
I started with the 2 week kit. After that I made a large order with my favorites which gave me major bulk discounts. Since then I have made a few smaller purchases for food that was recommended on this group. Just ordered some berry yogurt drinks yesterday to give me a non-chocolate flavored shake option.

I've been on WS for 5 months this week and am down 70lbs. I tried nutrisystem for a week recently but I was really hungry on their plan and I am not very hungry on my WS plan.

I think you will be really happy that you started WS!
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

just wanted to share my lean & green meal for tonight that i thought was pretty good.

i made a sort of shrimp scampi. i made a scampi sauce with some lemon, minced garlic, about 2 teaspoons of "i can't believe it's not butter", and about 1 tsp of evoo. threw in some raw shrimp, and cooked until pink.

then i removed the shrimp, and sauteed some bagged cole slaw mix in the sauce for a few minutes.

tossed the shrimp back in for a quick stir then plated it! yum yum yum!
pradaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradaboy View Post
just wanted to share my lean & green meal for tonight that i thought was pretty good.

i made a sort of shrimp scampi. i made a scampi sauce with some lemon, minced garlic, about 2 teaspoons of "i can't believe it's not butter", and about 1 tsp of evoo. threw in some raw shrimp, and cooked until pink.

then i removed the shrimp, and sauteed some bagged cole slaw mix in the sauce for a few minutes.

I'm gonna start eating at your house. Shrimp scampi and poached salmon!
guttergirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl78 View Post
I'm gonna start eating at your house. Shrimp scampi and poached salmon!
lol! it's just so easy! they're both like 10-15 minute meals!
Old 05-04-2010, 01:26 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradaboy View Post

I'm going to try that!
Old 05-04-2010, 09:47 AM   #82  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Congrats Harvester on your loss!! That's awesome!!

LizR - phenominal weight loss; I hope I'm singing that song after 5 months too!!

Pradaboy - YUM, thanks for the recipe! I'm not into Salmon, but I do love me some shrimp!!

It's a beautiful warm and sunny day in TN today!! Too bad I'm sittin' behind a desk!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #83  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Quote:
I ordered my first little starter kit today. So excited to get it. Not so excited that I live in WA and it's shipped from NC - 5 business days!! lol That's okay, it'll give me time to get my body ready...lol I figure I'll try to be super good with my south beach ways, then once I get the WS stuff, switch to that ) One good thing about having done south beach...I already have a lot of lean and green stuff in my house, so I won't have to do extra shopping for that stuff.

Congratulations on your decision to go the WS way - I'll be joining yall in July - once my Dr's program has run its course...isn't waiting on a pkg just the worst kind of anxiety ever!!!!
Kristikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

That extra weight must've been retained water because before bed last night I hopped on the scale and I was 191.6 which was even lower than I was Sunday morning. Darn Humidity
guttergirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #85  

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in. We went to Santa Barbara for our anniversary this weekend so I did not stay on plan at all. For the first time EVER I noticed that when I was eating the WS stuff, I had zero heartburn and gas issues. This weekend I had pasta, bread, pancakes, all the stuff I hadn't been eating for a few months, and while it was delicious I didn't feel as good physically. I'm really convinced that low carb is the way to go now.

Congrats to all who are continuing to lose and welcome to the newbies!
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #86  

just wanted to say, "Yay!". I got my weight ticker for my signature!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Wow Liz! Great job on the weight loss!! Hoping to join you soon )

Thanks for the input everyone! Pradaboy, your shrimp recipe sounds quite tasty! I'll be following Guttergirl to your house!

Harvester...after all the comparing I did, I agree! That's why I was asking. I did want to be able to have the extras in the beginning (like the shaker and all that jazz), so that's why I did the starter-kit. Then figured from here on out I'd do the individuals, as long as the order is over $99 I'm good! ) Sounds like we're on the same page there....phew.

So, I was curious about any side effects anyone has had. I don't mean to be graphic here...and I'm not even positive it's from eating the packets. But, like I said earlier, I've been eating some of the MF packets. From what I've been told (even by the folks at DietDirect), MF and WS are very similar. Well, have anyone experienced any tummy issues? Here's the graphic part - I've noticed myself being more gassy....and having more frequent bowel movements. Has anyone else experienced this? It might be totally unrelated...just wanted to see if anyone else noticed it while eating the WS way )

Thanks!!
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

PaulaM - funny, I posted my "gas" question before I read your post. So...you don't notice tummy issues while eating WS?? I think I'm understanding that right. Maybe I'm just that way from other stuff...who knows!! Isn't the human body just lovely!?!

WTG on your ticker acheivement Prada! ) I was excited to get mine a while back too....time to change mine up a bit...it's too blah!
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #89  

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
So, I was curious about any side effects anyone has had. I don't mean to be graphic here...and I'm not even positive it's from eating the packets. But, like I said earlier, I've been eating some of the MF packets. From what I've been told (even by the folks at DietDirect), MF and WS are very similar. Well, have anyone experienced any tummy issues? Here's the graphic part - I've noticed myself being more gassy....and having more frequent bowel movements. Has anyone else experienced this? It might be totally unrelated...just wanted to see if anyone else noticed it while eating the WS way )

Thanks!!
I have had similar stomach issues but not from the WS products. I have problems with some raw vegetables. I think a lot of people have similar problems. I've started having Activia yogurt with my WS breakfast in place of the fruit servings. I've also tried to focus on cooked vegetables (steamed or roasted) and started soaking my leafy greens in a water/vinegar mix before cleaning and eating.

Good luck and welcome to WS!
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #90  

Like PaulaM I don't have any stomach problems as long as I'm eating the WS products. I ate a small piece of cake about a week ago and immediately felt bloated and gassy. I know I'm very sensitive to carbs.
I'm already nervous about eating out this weekend. I hope I can make good choices.