Wonderslim Part Two

You're on Page 3 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Welcome to our new losers.

Today I'm down another 4.8lbs for a total loss in the last 3 weeks of 11.2 lbs. (i have to do this about 6 more times)

I'm exceptionaly pleased with my loss this week because I had 3 rough days (one of those days included 5 stitches on my thumb from a darn can of vegetables) and its' TOM. On all my bad days I had to convince myself that I didn't need comfort carbs. Guess it worked!

Monday I start my wii fit up again and start the baby steps in toning my body.
    Way to go
    Sorry bout the thumb.
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I thought of a question on my way in to the office this morning. The one thing I keep reading about MF is that it puts you into a mild state of ketosis, which supposedly helps to reduce hunger and was wondering if WS does the same? Do you go into ketosis while on the plan? Do you ever feel ravenous or deprived?
  • OK, I just found the following info that answered my question:

"The diet (WS) introduces a state of ketosis in the dieter, making the body burn fat."

EDIT: I tried to add the link to the full article, but the bulletin board wouldn't let me!
  • I've "heard that ws is a better tasting version of medifast. Some people follow WS guidelines, some (like Pradaboy for example) use WS but follow MF guidelines for lean and green etc. I follow the MF guidelines myself and use fitday to make sure I get in all my calories and keep my carbs below 80.

My body jumped into the mild ketosis late (towards the end of the first week) becaue I had all the symptoms. I was soooo thristy for days. No matter how much water I drank it wasn't enough. I was thinking "oh my god, this diet gave me diabetes, even though I read it was supposed to help improve stuff like that" lol. So I searched on the mf boards and posted here and sure enough found out it was very normal. (within a week I was fine and i'm not dying of thirst and I keep losing fair amounts so I must still mildly be in it).

On another note, I pulled out my ww card from my attempt to diet in Oct (I stopped when my DF lost his job to "save money" lol horrible). I started at 201.6 and 5 weeks later weighed 191.4. It took me 5 weeks to lose 10 pounds. I lost 11lbs in 3 weeks this time. No meetings (this forum serves the same purpose for me). The binder that came with my starter kit is all the lessons. No weekly fees. Sure I pay about $70 a week to feed me (lean and green, plus ws food) but I'm not buying my food and paying someone $13 to weigh me. I'm very happy I stumbled across ws. I was researching Nutrisystem and they jacked up the prices since I last used it and there is no way I was going to pay $400 a month to eat that terrible food again. Thought about a Genie Francis ad for medifast I saw years ago (big GH fan) and thought I'd look into it again. Came to this site and saw Mollymai's posting about ws while doing a search on medifast which prompted me to look into that. I'm oh so happy I went withthis plan. So to anyone considering ws take this as my testimonial lol
  • Quote: I've "heard that ws is a better tasting version of medifast. Some people follow WS guidelines, some (like Pradaboy for example) use WS but follow MF guidelines for lean and green etc. I follow the MF guidelines myself and use fitday to make sure I get in all my calories and keep my carbs below 80.

My body jumped into the mild ketosis late (towards the end of the first week) becaue I had all the symptoms. I was soooo thristy for days. No matter how much water I drank it wasn't enough. I was thinking "oh my god, this diet gave me diabetes, even though I read it was supposed to help improve stuff like that" lol. So I searched on the mf boards and posted here and sure enough found out it was very normal. (within a week I was fine and i'm not dying of thirst and I keep losing fair amounts so I must still mildly be in it).

On another note, I pulled out my ww card from my attempt to diet in Oct (I stopped when my DF lost his job to "save money" lol horrible). I started at 201.6 and 5 weeks later weighed 191.4. It took me 5 weeks to lose 10 pounds. I lost 11lbs in 3 weeks this time. No meetings (this forum serves the same purpose for me). The binder that came with my starter kit is all the lessons. No weekly fees. Sure I pay about $70 a week to feed me (lean and green, plus ws food) but I'm not buying my food and paying someone $13 to weigh me. I'm very happy I stumbled across ws. I was researching Nutrisystem and they jacked up the prices since I last used it and there is no way I was going to pay $400 a month to eat that terrible food again. Thought about a Genie Francis ad for medifast I saw years ago (big GH fan) and thought I'd look into it again. Came to this site and saw Mollymai's posting about ws while doing a search on medifast which prompted me to look into that. I'm oh so happy I went withthis plan. So to anyone considering ws take this as my testimonial lol
    congrats on the weight loss!!!

i too can attest to wonderslim being amazing! i did medifast about this time last year and it was ok, but the shakes were horribly chalky tasting!
    wonderslim's products are much tastier and waaay mor affordable, like atleast half as much! i can afford to do this for as long as i need it!
  • Wow, so glad I found this forum. I've been doing South Beach since January. Was able to lose 20 lbs fairly quickly..have put back on 5, because my willpower has been lacking. And because I'm tired of planning, planning, planning....lol. I work 7 days a week, try to be an attentive wife and loving mother, and take care of two rental properties...I'm just at a point in my life when quick and easy far outweighs all the planning, counting, etc.

So, for those of you who have been following this plan for a while, what have your struggles been? How does the cost of the system affect your budget. Seems to me like there wouldn't be much of a difference between spending my food money on WS vs. going to the store and spending. Plus, there's not the expense of eating out and such...and I'm pretty sure my latte habit would quit too...that's at least $3/day right there! )

I need to get my DH on board with me doing this...I've tried other things in the past, so of course he's probably sick of the "new diet"!! lol That's why I want to know how it's affected different people's food budget.

Another question - I already do a pretty intense workout 7 -days a week...would you recommend that I stop for a couple of weeks if I start WS? Or just continue on and adjust as needed?

Anyway...so glad I found this forum. Hopefully I can join the ranks soon!!!
  • Continue your workout and add more calories! Muscle burns more calories anyway!

I find it cheaper than other diets and not being on a diet. But that's because I don't eat out anymore or run to the store for something horrible!
  • Hi all and THANKS for the super warm welcome!! Thanks for the concern w/ my calories....here's a breakdown of what I have daily - I have 2 shakes (160-170 cals each) and 1 bar (140-180 cals) PLUS my 550 cal meal a day - so I'm getting right over 1000 a day!! Goodness knows I couldn't survive on just the 550 cals - even though at one meal that is WAY too much (unless you're talking Fast Food)...I'm feeling GREAT!!!

Went for my 2 week weigh-in/check up today....I'm down 6.5 pounds!!! AND the best part is that my BMI is down 2 whole points!! WOOT WOOT!!! My Dr has the grooviest scale that breaks down how much fat/water you have too - so of that 6.5 pounds I'm down 5 in the FAT dept!!! YAY ME!!! She also gave me the green light to spread out some calories - I've had a hard time eating 550 at suppertime, Grilled chicken/salad/veggies ain't much...so I've had yogurt and fruit at "snack". She said that was ok if I needed to, to stave off hunger!

BTW, anyone diggin on Greek Yogurt? Our Walmart finally started carrying it so I tried it. I think I like...it's tangier than regular and is LOADED with protien and it's a lot thicker - more like Sour Cream texture...I'm believe me, I'm the queen of texture! It is more calories though - the vanilla is 110 but the others range from 120 - 140 (not really willing to give up 140 cals for yogurt!!)

:-) Happy Friday!!
  • Quote: Welcome to our new losers.

Today I'm down another 4.8lbs for a total loss in the last 3 weeks of 11.2 lbs. (i have to do this about 6 more times)

I'm exceptionaly pleased with my loss this week because I had 3 rough days (one of those days included 5 stitches on my thumb from a darn can of vegetables) and its' TOM. On all my bad days I had to convince myself that I didn't need comfort carbs. Guess it worked!

Monday I start my wii fit up again and start the baby steps in toning my body.
    That's a great loss especially with TOM in the picture! Congrats!
  • Quote: OK, I just found the following info that answered my question:

"The diet (WS) introduces a state of ketosis in the dieter, making the body burn fat."

EDIT: I tried to add the link to the full article, but the bulletin board wouldn't let me!
    I feel like I'm in ketosis sometimes (cravings gone, some thirst mostly at night on days I've worked out). When I used ketosticks to test, I'm either barely (and I mean barely) in ketosis or not at all.
    I think it depends on how low you keep your carb intake. I tend to keep my on the lower side (but not Atkins low), because I'm very carb sensitive. I tend to have hypoglycemic episodes and my cravings go way out of control. I can almost hear the sugary sweets calling me! lol
  • What do you do if you have to go off plan? Dh came by my office today to take me to lunch. I couldn't turn him down since he rarely has enough time at lunch to do this and he surprised me!
    We ended up going to a cafeteria style place and I ordered mostly salad, veggies, and a chicken breast with a sauce made of cream on it. I tried to scrape off most of the cream sauce even though it was wonderful! The salad had craisins, pecans, and feta cheese in it. It was almost like desert since I haven't really had sweets in awhile.
    Other than that, I've had 2 WS Mocha shakes and a WS lemon crisp bar. I plan to go jogging later to work off the extra calories. I don't want to mess up my second week.
  • Quote: What do you do if you have to go off plan? Dh came by my office today to take me to lunch. I couldn't turn him down since he rarely has enough time at lunch to do this and he surprised me!
    We ended up going to a cafeteria style place and I ordered mostly salad, veggies, and a chicken breast with a sauce made of cream on it. I tried to scrape off most of the cream sauce even though it was wonderful! The salad had craisins, pecans, and feta cheese in it. It was almost like desert since I haven't really had sweets in awhile.
    Other than that, I've had 2 WS Mocha shakes and a WS lemon crisp bar. I plan to go jogging later to work off the extra calories. I don't want to mess up my second week.
    well to be honest, i broke down the other day and went to taco casa and got 2 meat and cheese burritos...thankfully they made me feel horrible, not mentally, just physically. my body wasn't used to that kind of food anymore.
    the next day, i just dusted myself off and got back on track.
    we are all most likely going to faulter and have our moments of weakness, i think the important part is being able to say, "okay, that was yesterday and today is a new day to make the right choices."
  • Harvester: good for you for not turning down DH's date invite and for making good choices!! We've not attempted to eat out yet - 2weeks down here too, so I can only imagine how hard it will be to pass up the yummy rolls, desserts and starchy veggies!!! I do think it's ok to be a little lienient from time to time - my hardest thing tho is to only make it from "time to time"...so I'm trying to be really strict on myself...it is sooo hard!! Hang in there, you'll do good!!
    Kristi
  • Quote: well to be honest, i broke down the other day and went to taco casa and got 2 meat and cheese burritos...thankfully they made me feel horrible, not mentally, just physically. my body wasn't used to that kind of food anymore.
    the next day, i just dusted myself off and got back on track.
    we are all most likely going to faulter and have our moments of weakness, i think the important part is being able to say, "okay, that was yesterday and today is a new day to make the right choices."
    Right on Pradaboy!!! Preach it from the rooftops!!! One day at a time - or as someone on here said "One meal at a time" (don't remember who said it, but it's SO true!!)..cheers~
    Kristi
  • Quote: Wow, so glad I found this forum. I've been doing South Beach since January. Was able to lose 20 lbs fairly quickly..have put back on 5, because my willpower has been lacking. And because I'm tired of planning, planning, planning....lol. I work 7 days a week, try to be an attentive wife and loving mother, and take care of two rental properties...I'm just at a point in my life when quick and easy far outweighs all the planning, counting, etc.

So, for those of you who have been following this plan for a while, what have your struggles been? How does the cost of the system affect your budget. Seems to me like there wouldn't be much of a difference between spending my food money on WS vs. going to the store and spending. Plus, there's not the expense of eating out and such...and I'm pretty sure my latte habit would quit too...that's at least $3/day right there! )

I need to get my DH on board with me doing this...I've tried other things in the past, so of course he's probably sick of the "new diet"!! lol That's why I want to know how it's affected different people's food budget.

Another question - I already do a pretty intense workout 7 -days a week...would you recommend that I stop for a couple of weeks if I start WS? Or just continue on and adjust as needed?

Anyway...so glad I found this forum. Hopefully I can join the ranks soon!!!
    Welcome! I also picked WS other a calorie or carb counting diet because I just don't have time to plan while caring for the kids!

I did not have to increase my food budget to buy WS. I saved some money by giving up diet soda and lots by not buying any fast food or junk food!

When you get your starter pack for WS it has diets that are 1000, 1200, 1500 and 1800. Keep up your workouts and pick a higher calorie WS plan. The workouts are great for you!

Good luck!