Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/220/145

Height: 5' 8"

Default 3 Week Plateau on Medifast????

OK, I'm 56 and have been hypothyroid for about 30 years. I'm on Synthroid.

I started Medifast January 1st. Lost 8 pounds the first 8 days. Lost 4 more in the next week.

The next week was motly plateau then I lost 1 pound.

Since then 0 weight loss. About 3 weeks with 1 pound and nothing.

I am following the plan to the letter including the water. I am not adding carbs.

I'm really in a funk. I did Medifast in 2003 and lost around 80 pounds but it is unbelievable that on around 900 calories or less I'm not losing at all.

I have told myself to stick to MF and it will drop, but it isn't!

I'm thinking of switching to the crack the code diet thinking that my metabolism may be "shot" and I need the zig-zag approach.

What do you think I should do? Thanks.
eisens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

I did medifast a few years back. I think I was around 195 or so when I started. I was doing the 5 and 1 meal with no carbs. I lost 3 lbs the first week and that was it. I stayed on it for about a month and lost a total of 5 lbs. Needless to say I quit after that. It was too hard and I kept thinking I could have lost more eating real food.
maryshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #3  

Angry

That is exactly where I'm at! So what are you doing to lose weight?

I think my metabolism is in "shut down mode." Between hypothyroidism and menopause and years of dieting my body just said "no weight loss for you!"

That why Crack the Code seems to make sense as it keeps changing the diet -- your body can't just hit the set point and stay there.

Do you have any suggestions? I'm really frustrated! I'm doing Medifast "perfectly." I'm doing cardio about 30 minutes 3- 5 days a week (eliptical for 20 and then treadmill or bike). No weight training yet as I don't want to "gain muscle."

I really need a diet that works and I'm willing to follow it religiously, but I'm 210 pounds (started at 223) and have been totally stuck for 3 weeks! I have a good 50 pounds to go and at this glacier rate with Medifast it may never happen or it will take forever.

Help someone, PLEASE!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:05 AM   #4  

This is interesting.

I decided to try low carb since I've lost NOTHING on Medifast for 3 weeks. I started low-carb Friday and weighed myself this morning.

I'm down 2 pounds FINALLY.

I'm not expert but I think our bodies can sniff out a diet like they do infections. When they see an infection they "know" they beat it. A new infection works (for awhile). Well, I did MF successfully in 2003. I think this time I lost initially and then my body "recognized" MF and shut down.

I'm going to continue the low carb until I stall and then I'll probably go back to MF until it stalls -- and just alternate back and forth. It's worth a try!